Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US military drone shot down by Iranian missile

Still Waters

10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

We don't want to start a war that could destroy our lands with Iran atomics bombs:(

:huh:

Seems I remember candidate Trump being opposed to foreign wars.

Perhaps he was trying to avoid one by giving Iran a chance to make some acceptable excuse.  Gotta appreciate him for that.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Lucky they made a deal in 2015 to monitor this........:P

The provisions for monitoring were a joke, as you'd be aware if you actually knew about the situation.  The military applications of the research were totally off limits as was the ballistic missile research.  They even had 30 days, IIRC before anyone could visit enrichment facilities.  REAL STRONG inspection regime there.

• Thanks 1

My question is this:  If Iran has decided to push us into conflict to raise hell with the global economy and to pacify their civilian problems with their own economy, what is to stop them from continuing to push?  When they strike the next tanker(s) or resort to some other provocation, what do we do for an encore to Trump's choice in this case?  It will interesting to watch it unfold.  If Iran really didn't do these things and it was a false flag attempt... wouldn't Iran get extra quiet just now to show they have no warlike intentions?  Let's see how it unfolds in the coming days.

• Like 1

Outside the fish bowl, the consensus is that Trump Inc has everything to lose and Sparky the POTUS has nothing to gain... 

~

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Outside the fish bowl, the consensus is that Trump Inc has everything to lose and Sparky the POTUS has nothing to gain... 

~

You consider that utterance to be profound, do you?  When HAS he had anything to gain from anyone?  He put himself in a box now, though.  My guess is that Iran will strike again within a week.  Backing away from someone who is swinging at you can only work for a while.

41 minutes ago, and then said:

You consider that utterance to be profound, do you?  When HAS he had anything to gain from anyone?  He put himself in a box now, though.  My guess is that Iran will strike again within a week.  Backing away from someone who is swinging at you can only work for a while.

You the biggest swinging swindler I'm seeing, to tell the truth, even Sparky is dragging his heels...  Trump Inc ain't reaping him his Billions, he's two bits short of a buck, not quit the 8 billion he claims to have made... 

The only reason he's withholding his returns is to cook up the profits during his tenure as President as Trump Inc business ... ain't working out too well for him... 

~

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

23 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You the biggest swinging swindler I'm seeing, to tell the truth, even Sparky is dragging his heels...  Trump Inc ain't reaping him his Billions, he's two bits short of a buck, not quit the 8 billion he claims to have made... 

The only reason he's withholding his returns is to cook up the profits during his tenure as President as Trump Inc business ... ain't working out too well for him... 

~

So, tell me third eye blind... what would YOU recommend he do if another tanker gets hit or another drone meets with ill fortune?  Is there anything Iran could do that would justify him striking them?

3 hours ago, and then said:

The provisions for monitoring were a joke, as you'd be aware if you actually knew about the situation.  The military applications of the research were totally off limits as was the ballistic missile research.  They even had 30 days, IIRC before anyone could visit enrichment facilities.  REAL STRONG inspection regime there.

The inspections satisfied the IAEA and the Europeans haven't pulled out of the JCPOA, and still trade with Iran, although Trump is bullying them to pull out.  But you wouldn't be interested in knowing this because it doesn't fit your support in the Zionist agenda.  Israel, who together with their partners in crime, the murderous Saudi regime, have all to gain from a weak Iran.  If Trump gets his way and the Europeans do pull out of the JCPOA there won't be anything stopping Iran from enriching uranium at which point your murderous glut in the death of thousands may finally come to fruition. But it may come at a cost because the Russians have already warned the US about attacking Iran.  SMART

15 hours ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

You can look here, link to article on CBS.

And here, LINK.

There is a reason why i said i expect to see something more solid. Anyhow Trump ordered and then stopped retaliation attack while it wasn't clear where the drone was shot at with it's parts floating in Iranian waters. I do not know about numbers of the crew but it's irrelevant, point is that there was airplane with human crew within Iranian air and they decided not to shot at it. 

OK then SSaL, lets analyse this logically. 

The Islamic Republican Guard made two statements.

1. The drone was in their airspace
  2. The drone was accompanied by a P-8 aircraft with 35 people on board

Now then, we KNOW that the second statement is complete rubbish, because a P-8 can only take 9 crewmen. So we KNOW that these generals lie. (we knew anyway, because they have a risible track record of making ludicrously overblown hyperbolic statements), but we also now know that he is lying ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT. 

So if he lies about the accompanying P-8, what credence can we give the FIRST statement; his confirmation that the drone was in Iranian airspace ?

I have no way of KNOWING where the drone was when it was shot down. The US claim it was in international airspace. The Iranians claim it was in THEIR airspace. Well... sorry.. but with the track record of the Iranians lying, I'm going to go with the US version until proof is presented. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

The inspections satisfied the IAEA and the Europeans haven't pulled out of the JCPOA, and still trade with Iran, although Trump is bullying them to pull out.  But you wouldn't be interested in knowing this because it doesn't fit your support in the Zionist agenda. .......

What ? 

Hits buzzer button on desk. 

I claim my reward for spotting the first incident of Roofgardeners Law in this discussion.

(Roofgardeners Law states that, in a debate forum, someone will - sooner or later - blame it on Israel and Zionists). 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, and then said:

So, tell me third eye blind... what would YOU recommend he do if another tanker gets hit or another drone meets with ill fortune?  Is there anything Iran could do that would justify him striking them?

Oh I dunno... maybe make sure and have relevant facts and evidence before pulling another 'let's pretend everyone is dumb enough to believe just cuz we said so ' would be nice... 

~

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RoofGardener said:

OK then SSaL, lets analyse this logically. 

The Islamic Republican Guard made two statements.

1. The drone was in their airspace
  2. The drone was accompanied by a P-8 aircraft with 35 people on board

Now then, we KNOW that the second statement is complete rubbish, because a P-8 can only take 9 crewmen. So we KNOW that these generals lie. (we knew anyway, because they have a risible track record of making ludicrously overblown hyperbolic statements), but we also now know that he is lying ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR INCIDENT. 

So if he lies about the accompanying P-8, what credence can we give the FIRST statement; his confirmation that the drone was in Iranian airspace ?

I have no way of KNOWING where the drone was when it was shot down. The US claim it was in international airspace. The Iranians claim it was in THEIR airspace. Well... sorry.. but with the track record of the Iranians lying, I'm going to go with the US version until proof is presented. 

You focus on ''35 crew'' too much, it might be mistake or something. US lied about war in Iraq so what credibility do they have?

You build whole point around statement of general who said that there were more crew than there actually is.

That was either a mistake or totally harmless ''lie''.

Plane was there and was not shot down, was there 1 man or 20 people in it hardly makes a difference as much as it should not take international regulative to say what is on Iranian doorstep when it comes to narrow passage of Hormuz.

Parts of the drone were found in Iranian waters and it's widely reported both in alternative media and in MSM.

But lets say this - if both sides were caught lying how should we evaluate situation? By their words or by what evidence there is? This was poke by USA and reply by Iran. Both sides did show irresponsible behavior but if the drone was near Iranian territory they had full right to take it down.

Trump said that he ordered retaliation and then stopped, was it because of concern for human lives as he said? I think it's more because it's risky to attack based on poor evidence, like the missile attack on Syria.

This administration has already gone over the line about many things, form Syria over to Iraq and Palestine and now on Iran with economic sanctions. If Trump did stop the attack i applaud that, regardless of reasons behind the decision.

It's funny, you would portrait Iran as worse liar than USA with this administration because one general mistaken the size of the crew of airplane? :D One man or ten man, doesn't make a difference. Iran did not attack, Trump did not attack. Maybe they will finally find something which connects them.

[edit] too add, i do not seem to be so deranged now because i was talking about this when some of you attacked my sanity :D At the end one thing is certain - that nothing is certain!

Edited by Sir Smoke aLot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

What ? 

Hits buzzer button on desk. 

I claim my reward for spotting the first incident of Roofgardeners Law in this discussion.

(Roofgardeners Law states that, in a debate forum, someone will - sooner or later - blame it on Israel and Zionists). 

In doubt, always go with the Zionist agenda.  You can never go wrong.;)

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

Now then, we KNOW that the second statement is complete rubbish, because a P-8 can only take 9 crewmen. So we KNOW that these generals lie.

You don't seem to be considering that the general simply could have made a mistake. There's another P-something aircraft that does hold 35 people.

What would be the point of deliberately lying about the number of the crew? It seems like a pretty pointless lie.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

You don't seem to be considering that the general simply could have made a mistake. There's another P-something aircraft that does hold 35 people.

What would be the point of deliberately lying about the number of the crew? It seems like a pretty pointless lie.

What other P something aircraft is there as the only aircraft in active military use of the American military whose name starts with a P is the navy's P-8A Poseidon.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

The inspections satisfied the IAEA and the Europeans haven't pulled out of the JCPOA, and still trade with Iran, although Trump is bullying them to pull out.  But you wouldn't be interested in knowing this because it doesn't fit your support in the Zionist agenda.  Israel, who together with their partners in crime, the murderous Saudi regime, have all to gain from a weak Iran.  If Trump gets his way and the Europeans do pull out of the JCPOA there won't be anything stopping Iran from enriching uranium at which point your murderous glut in the death of thousands may finally come to fruition. But it may come at a cost because the Russians have already warned the US about attacking Iran.  SMART

All spoken like a true appeaser.  Just remember who you're supporting.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guess no one is going to mention how Iran has said on June 27 they are going to surpass the 300 kg limit of 3.67% enriched uranium and how if Europe doesnt start providing better economic relief by July 7 they will begin enriching beyond 3.67%.

Europe doesnt have to pull out of the JCPOA as Iran is about to break it anyway and is saying it openly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

What other P something aircraft is there as the only aircraft in active military use of the American military whose name starts with a P is the navy's P-8A Poseidon.  

The EP-3 I was thinking of, but I made a mistake. Kind of easy to do that with the letter-number designations, which was sort of my point.

5 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Guess no one is going to mention how Iran has said on June 27 they are going to surpass the 300 kg limit of 3.67% enriched uranium and how if Europe doesnt start providing better economic relief by July 7 they will begin enriching beyond 3.67%.

Europe doesnt have to pull out of the JCPOA as Iran is about to break it anyway and is saying it openly.

Yeah, Iran is playing the same "nuclear blackmail" game that North Korea did.

"We demand that you give us free food and monies, and that you you release all sanctions, so that we can privately laugh at you and secretly build-up our military capabilities to destroy you."

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, pallidin said:

Yeah, Iran is playing the same "nuclear blackmail" game that North Korea did.

"We demand that you give us free food and monies, and that you you release all sanctions, so that we can privately laugh at you and secretly build-up our military capabilities to destroy you."

I don't think they realize their sugar daddy Obama isn't in office any longer.  Hopefully, they'll take John DAMNED KERRY hostage the next time he goes over to work against us behind the scenes.  

13 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Seems I remember candidate Trump being opposed to foreign wars.

Perhaps he was trying to avoid one by giving Iran a chance to make some acceptable excuse.  Gotta appreciate him for that.  

I'll give him credit for this. He's been much more resistant to the likes of Bolton and Pompeo than I expected. I don't like him personally or politically but I admire him for this. 

10 hours ago, and then said:

My question is this:  If Iran has decided to push us into conflict to raise hell with the global economy and to pacify their civilian problems with their own economy, what is to stop them from continuing to push?  

Perhaps because they haven't. The US is the one that started to push to raise hell with the Iranian economy and antagonise its civilian population. Iran is simply pushing back the only ways they can. 

The stupidity is that even if Bolton and Pompeo get their wet dream of deposing the Iranian regime, it would most likely be replaced with something even worse. You'd think they'd have learned that from every other regime change they've attempted. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

It's been mentioned several times. And it's to Iran's credit that they waited so long after the US broke the agreement to do so themselves. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pallidin said:

They want fair access to international market to sell their goods and buy what they need, free market which many countries enjoy. IAEA is in Iran since 2004 or so and has made positive statements and inspections, especially since JCPOA was signed.

• Like 3