Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US senators receive briefing on Navy UFOs

If the Government was behind releasing this information why are the media statements or press releases devoid of this info.

Ive yet to find anything on any US Government site, even though we have purported statements from Mark Warner and Lt Cmdr Daniel Day.

Something's rotten when Fox News is the most reliable source.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/trumps-opinion-on-ufos-nope-but-you-never-know

PS. If the Government really was promoting this why not just fund it; or, send it for tender?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 12:53 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You say "unsupported speculation" like it's a mortal sin, Timothy.  Are you forgetting the name of this web site?

Timothy think about it. This is a post from you to me and you didn't tell me to go fetch LOL!  :)

Well you haven't ever been able to provide anything reasonably or up to sceptical scrutiny.

I used to believe, this web site changed that. The believers lacking arguments were the kicker. You've helped that too.

Wanna give it another 3 years?

• Like 2

It is interesting how often failure ends up with a few trite statements such as:

• Look at the name of the website
  • Let's wait (possibly a decade) and see what happens
  • You think you're so smart (Excuse me, it would actually  be written 'You think your so smart')

It's all done to avoid the evidence, or lack of evidence

• Thanks 3

On 7/9/2019 at 9:52 PM, Golden Duck said:

If the Government was behind releasing this information why are the media statements or press releases devoid of this info.

Ive yet to find anything on any US Government site, even though we have purported statements from Mark Warner and Lt Cmdr Daniel Day.

Something's rotten when Fox News is the most reliable source.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/trumps-opinion-on-ufos-nope-but-you-never-know

PS. If the Government really was promoting this why not just fund it; or, send it for tender?

Do you actually think that Elizondo paid the US Navy to stage reenactments on board the USS Nimitz in the making of a video...? or paid the five former officers from the Princeton and Nimitz and a whole slew of staff to stage that video? The video did not MAKE money, it LOST money.

And when that video finally was made public, how come the US Navy did not vehemently object to the *unfair* portrayal of Naval participation with UFO's in that video?  Face facts, man. Those  videos were promoted and paid for by the US gov. weather they admit to that publicly or not.

How come the US Navy lent technical assistance to BBC and FOX to help them conduct the interview with pilot Fravor about his UFO encounters? What we saw in this interviews was clearly with the direct help from the US Navy and yet the US Navy expresses no regret for the effort.

Who suggested that the public be made aware of talks between the House and Senate Intelligence committee members and the US Navy about UFO's when they never had to? That information would have normally be classified, and yet there they are deliberately telling the public about it so they broke protocol here in a major way. Why?

How come the House and Senate Intel committee members or any other member of Congress, the Joint Chiefs of Staff or spokesperson from the white house did not object to information about the portrayal of the USS Navy's *alleged distortion* of encounters with many UFOs?

Maybe because those were not *distortions*..? Maybe because Big Gov is promoting it all...?   Ya think???  :huh:   It doesn't take Einstein to figure it out.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Do you actually think that Elizondo paid the US Navy to stage reenactments on board the USS Nimitz in the making of a video...? or paid the five former officers from the Princeton and Nimitz and a whole slew of staff to stage that video? The video did not MAKE money, it LOST money.

And when that video finally was made public, how come the US Navy did not vehemently object to the *unfair* portrayal of Naval participation with UFO's in that video?  Face facts, man. Those  videos were promoted and paid for by the US gov. weather they admit to that publicly or not.

How come the US Navy lent technical assistance to BBC and FOX to help them conduct the interview with pilot Fravor about his UFO encounters? What we saw in this interviews was clearly with the direct help from the US Navy and yet the US Navy expresses no regret for the effort.

Who suggested that the public be made aware of talks between the House and Senate Intelligence committee members and the US Navy about UFO's when they never had to? That information would have normally be classified, and yet there they are deliberately telling the public about it so they broke protocol here in a major way. Why?

How come the House and Senate Intel committee members or any other member of Congress, the Joint Chiefs of Staff or spokesperson from the white house did not object to information about the portrayal of the USS Navy's *alleged distortion* of encounters with many UFOs?

Maybe because those were not *distortions*..? Maybe because Big Gov is promoting it all...?   Ya think???  :huh:   It doesn't take Einstein to figure it out.

I'll face facts when they're presented.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Do you have any evidence to support your claim: "The video did not MAKE money, it LOST money."

I laughed when I read this because it makes no sense at all: "And when that video finally was made public, how come the US Navy did not vehemently object to the *unfair* portrayal of Naval participation with UFO's in that video?  Face facts, man. Those  videos were promoted and paid for by the US gov. weather they admit to that publicly or not." 

The idea is that, still laughing, that the Navy promoted unfair portrayal of the Navy. How ludicrous is that? Pretty ludicrous.

The video was not done with the support of the Navy. There is a great difference between being in a video and supporting a video. The Smithsonian has appeared in Creationist videos and does not support creationism. Videos filmed at sites do not mean the site supports and agrees with the content of the videos.

Even a school kid can figure that out.

• Thanks 1

I think this topic, with the US Senators and the Navy, is a joke, that is being played on the public to just have financial resources moved around for other purposes.  Project Blue Book was well established for just this purpose ages ago. An what came of it ? There should of been a solid answer for the US Government from Project Blue Book, that another investigation isn't needed . The answer should of been something to the point of, it is a threat, or it isn't a threat. It is possibly from these countries or we can't pin point where they are from and this is why we can't.    

Either way it is a giant waste of tax payer money is what it is going to be.

An just an FYI, we treat our military as if they are pure as the driven snow. They aren't . There are probably more dirt bags and liars in the armed forces as there are any where outside it. from the bottom up and probably even worse the higher one gets. Granted they are not evil war monsters but after serving in the military , and seeing the scuz first hand, it makes my eyes rolls to hear how noble and pure all of it is. 

I have zero confidence in the US government on any level. let alone being honest as to why they want an investigation into something that has already been investigated.  Someone go ask the US senate for an itemized bill on where the money for this supposed investigation went and see what adds up.

• Like 1

On 11/07/2019 at 10:19 PM, stereologist said:

Let's wait (possibly a decade) and see what happens

I fail to see why this a problem. Do you expect everyone to sit and figure out all the answers now on their lonesome. I find it more entertaining to carry a bit of whimsy towards the future and see how things pan out. :lol:

15 minutes ago, Ironside said:

I fail to see why this a problem. Do you expect everyone to sit and figure out all the answers now on their lonesome. I find it more entertaining to carry a bit of whimsy towards the future and see how things pan out. :lol:

I know right? There are things we have to wait for such as waiting to see if Apophis would go through the keyhole in 2029. By 2006 that was seen as not a possibility as the path  of Apophis was determined with greater precision.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/99942_Apophis

There are often other lines of evidence that can be used to make decisions. BUt the wait and look crowd don't like to ponder about future events and put on their thinking caps.

In the UFO forum the wait and see crowd is often discussing disclosure which they have been sure for decades is imminent - wait and see. :lol:

13 hours ago, stereologist said:

BUt the wait and look crowd don't like to ponder about future events and put on their thinking caps.

I suspect that you are not within that "wait and see crowd".  Just a guess

13 hours ago, stereologist said:

In the UFO forum the wait and see crowd is often discussing disclosure which they have been sure for decades is imminent - wait and see. :lol:

Ohhhhhh, I got it. The wait and see crowd likes to put their thinking cap on and examine evidences that point to full disclosure in the FUTURE, a most important event in human evolution, to be sure.

But wait... aren't you contradicting your first statement here...?  Sweet Geezus, you are!!!:o
----------------------------

Ya know... I've been thinking for a long while... you just like to find ways to be miserable and b'yotch about something. or someone.  right? 

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

I suspect that you are not within that "wait and see crowd".  Just a guess

Ohhhhhh, I got it. The wait and see crowd likes to put their thinking cap on and examine evidences that point to full disclosure in the FUTURE, a most important event in human evolution, to be sure.

But wait... aren't you contradicting your first statement here...?  Sweet Geezus, you are!!!:o
----------------------------

Ya know... I've been thinking for a long while... you just like to find ways to be miserable and b'yotch about something. or someone.  right? 

That wait and see crowd avoids thinking. They are unable to think. They do not examine the available evidence and do not consider its quality or consistency.

Members of the wait and see crowd apparently are unable to read and comprehend simple sentences.

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2019 at 2:09 PM, stereologist said:

Do you have any evidence to support your claim: "The video did not MAKE money, it LOST money."

I laughed when I read this because it makes no sense at all: "And when that video finally was made public, how come the US Navy did not vehemently object to the *unfair* portrayal of Naval participation with UFO's in that video?  Face facts, man. Those  videos were promoted and paid for by the US gov. weather they admit to that publicly or not." 

The idea is that, still laughing, that the Navy promoted unfair portrayal of the Navy. How ludicrous is that? Pretty ludicrous.

The video was not done with the support of the Navy. There is a great difference between being in a video and supporting a video. The Smithsonian has appeared in Creationist videos and does not support creationism. Videos filmed at sites do not mean the site supports and agrees with the content of the videos.

Even a school kid can figure that out.

The video was not done with the support of the Navy.

Not only that Stereo there would have been areas within the Nimitz and the Roosevelt where camera's would not have been allowed...Much less in a restricted area such as a radar control room...The Navy would never have allowed it!  And this all leads back to what I have said before that there are somethings the public is better off not knowing! And what idiot thinks the Navy is going to allowed camera's inside a sensitive area!

Edited by Minimalists
  • Like 1

i cant really buy into a "day of disclosure" idea i find too many flaws, it would mean that a "group" knew in advance which would mean the members could keep the secret it would mean only the groups members knew no other people private or governmental knew or that its a world wide conspiracy, too many flaws and holes for me to think one day i will pop up the news and it will have a pic of some alien probing trump as the headlines,

nope, if alien life is found i believe it will just trickle right on out, no boom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

i cant really buy into a "day of disclosure" idea i find too many flaws, it would mean that a "group" knew in advance which would mean the members could keep the secret it would mean only the groups members knew no other people private or governmental knew or that its a world wide conspiracy, too many flaws and holes for me to think one day i will pop up the news and it will have a pic of some alien probing trump as the headlines,

nope, if alien life is found i believe it will just trickle right on out, no boom.

I agree....

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:30 PM, GLCsector3295 said:

I think this topic, with the US Senators and the Navy, is a joke, that is being played on the public to just have financial resources moved around for other purposes.  Project Blue Book was well established for just this purpose ages ago. An what came of it ? There should of been a solid answer for the US Government from Project Blue Book, that another investigation isn't needed . The answer should of been something to the point of, it is a threat, or it isn't a threat. It is possibly from these countries or we can't pin point where they are from and this is why we can't.    

An just an FYI, we treat our military as if they are pure as the driven snow. They aren't . There are probably more dirt bags and liars in the armed forces as there are any where outside it. from the bottom up and probably even worse the higher one gets. Granted they are not evil war monsters but after serving in the military , and seeing the scuz first hand, it makes my eyes rolls to hear how noble and pure all of it is. 

1) One could argue that Blue Book was created to divert attention away from the development of the first two generations of spy planes at the time. Its duration does nicely cover the development and testing of the U2 and SR-71.

2) Well that's not very nice. I'm sure you have your reasons to be salty but that statement is a bit much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Minimalists said:

Not only that Stereo there would have been areas within the Nimitz and the Roosevelt where camera's would not have been allowed...Much less in a restricted area such as a radar control room...The Navy would never have allowed it!  And this all leads back to what I have said before that there are somethings the public is better off not knowing! And what idiot thinks the Navy is going to allowed camera's inside a sensitive area!

you bring up a great point, Minimalist.  

So let me ask you... did you ever hear any government or military spokesperson deny these videos? Sure seems strange to me!
One might get the feeling that the Navy was fully aware of what was going on and was totally cooperative, eh?

And did you know that when the pilot Fravor went on tour and gave his interviews to FOX and BBC that the Navy gave technical assistance to those news stations in showing the videos that they had?

What, you think Fravor supplied those videos...? LOL. 'fraid not.  But keep the inquisitive thinking going. that's how to resolve it. 

peace love dove.

2 hours ago, Trelane said:

1) One could argue that Blue Book was created to divert attention away from the development of the first two generations of spy planes at the time. Its duration does nicely cover the development and testing of the U2 and SR-71.

interesting but tell me, Trelane… did they pull some other stunt to divert our attention from the development or employment of the successor to the Blackbird, that craft that shall not be named..? <smiles>

The false idea that someone not saying something indicates their cooperation is ludicrous.

The government doesn't care about the video. The government has more to do than comment on everything that has the foolish all wound up about something.

.. and the notion that the USS Nimitz can let a video crew on board to do reenactments without them knowing about the crew being in sensitive areas or what the video is about is beyond laughable

you bring up a great point, Minimalist.  

So let me ask you... did you ever hear any government or military spokesperson deny these videos? Sure seems strange to me!
One might get the feeling that the Navy was fully aware of what was going on and was totally cooperative, eh?

And did you know that when the pilot Fravor went on tour and gave his interviews to FOX and BBC that the Navy gave technical assistance to those news stations in showing the videos that they had?

What, you think Fravor supplied those videos...? LOL. 'fraid not.  But keep the inquisitive thinking going. that's how to resolve it. 

peace love dove.

well by that logic, all i have to do, to be taken as credible, is to get on fox news or the bbc,  not to mention  one can't prove that Fravor and the handful of people didn't fabricate the video in question. Plenty of software now in 2019 to fabricate anything one wants.  Then one has to wonder why " aliens" are in this endless game of grab ass with the military. Is it strange, sure. It is also strange to a dog when it farts and it cant figure out wtf happened.  The government doesn't give two flips about the video, one loser senator wanting to create a new government slush fund to investigate some b.s claim on aliens is all it is.   An to think that Fravor is just this innocent person, with pure motives is just nonsense as well, He isn't doing tours and interviews for free, and I can almost bet that he plugged a book some where in any media interview he had or plugged an upcoming tour he was doing. An why wouldn't the navy give assistance ? Wtf do they care about some vague video, that isn't classified ? 

When scientists have a higher standard to prove something, it says a lot to their credibility .   They cant just have a theory, have a half assed video with an object that wobbles in it, and then claim proof that theory could be at least be plausible .   An to think that anyone in the US Government takes any of this seriously is insane, let alone to the point of being related to aliens.  It is nothing more than a newly created slush fund for some bs that no one will find out about. An again, Project Blue Book is the only thing one needs to look at to see where government investigations into UFOs an Aliens lead too.

An as for the comment of being " salty towards the military " it comes from experience , a lot of people would be sick to their stomach to be a fly on the wall an see how military service members treat each other on a day to day basis.  The reports of crimes committed by service members are just a scratch on the surface of the utter garbage that regular service members go through on a day to day basis and how those in the chain of command just do not give a fk about anyone but themselves and their own personal career , until that is something reaches the media, then all of a sudden their tune changes or it changes when their ass is in the sling.  Animals in a kill shelter are given better care and respect  in comparison.

Edited by GLCsector3295

.. and the notion that the USS Nimitz can let a video crew on board to do reenactments without them knowing about the crew being in sensitive areas or what the video is about is beyond laughable

you don't need a video crew aboard to create a hoax, plenty of video out there online of similar situations, you take one old video that looks similar and work on it till you get what you want. plenty of video software out there to edit anything, it is why movies have special effects , cgi an etc.

If it is at least plausible that it can be faked, then that has to be taken into consideration as an answer as being what more than likely happened in regards to seeing something UFO related or Alien related.

When it can no longer be explained, an you have more than enough experts testifying to an event then at that point things change. But for one pilot to swear to something is  alien in nature is just junk science or junk in general. 

Edited by GLCsector3295

15 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

well by that logic, all i have to do, to be taken as credible, is to get on fox news or the bbc,  not to mention  one can't prove that Fravor and the handful of people didn't fabricate the video in question. Plenty of software now in 2019 to fabricate anything one wants.  Then one has to wonder why " aliens" are in this endless game of grab ass with the military. Is it strange, sure. It is also strange to a dog when it farts and it cant figure out wtf happened.  The government doesn't give two flips about the video, one loser senator wanting to create a new government slush fund to investigate some b.s claim on aliens is all it is.   An to think that Fravor is just this innocent person, with pure motives is just nonsense as well, He isn't doing tours and interviews for free, and I can almost bet that he plugged a book some where in any media interview he had or plugged an upcoming tour he was doing. An why wouldn't the navy give assistance ? Wtf do they care about some vague video, that isn't classified ? 

When scientists have a higher standard to prove something, it says a lot to their credibility .   They cant just have a theory, have a half assed video with an object that wobbles in it, and then claim proof that theory could be at least be plausible .   An to think that anyone in the US Government takes any of this seriously is insane, let alone to the point of being related to aliens.  It is nothing more than a newly created slush fund for some bs that no one will find out about. An again, Project Blue Book is the only thing one needs to look at to see where government investigations into UFOs an Aliens lead too.

It could be a recruitment video.

50 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

well by that logic, all i have to do, to be taken as credible, is to get on fox news or the bbc,  not to mention  one can't prove that Fravor and the handful of people didn't fabricate the video in question. Plenty of software now in 2019 to fabricate anything one wants.

So you believe the whole thing was HOAXED!   
And was the report of the senators in the Senate Select Intelligence Committee being updated about UFO's by the military FAKE NEWS?  <smiiles>

Then one has to wonder why " aliens" are in this endless game of grab ass with the military. Is it strange, sure. It is also strange to a dog when it farts and it cant figure out wtf happened.  The government doesn't give two flips about the video, one loser senator wanting to create a new government slush fund to investigate some b.s claim on aliens is all it is. 

LOL this post is hilarious! 

An to think that Fravor is just this innocent person, with pure motives is just nonsense as well, He isn't doing tours and interviews for free, and I can almost bet that he plugged a book some where in any media interview he had or plugged an upcoming tour he was doing. An why wouldn't the navy give assistance ? Wtf do they care about some vague video, that isn't classified ? 

I see… go on

I see. So anyone at ALL in government that acts in ways that contradict Blue Book is - what, an idiot? I see. Go on...

An as for the comment of being " salty towards the military " it comes from experience , a lot of people would be sick to their stomach to be a fly on the wall an see how military service members treat each other on a day to day basis.  The reports of crimes committed by service members are just a scratch on the surface of the utter garbage that regular service members go through on a day to day basis and how those in the chain of command just do not give a fk about anyone but themselves and their own personal career , until that is something reaches the media, then all of a sudden their tune changes or it changes when their ass is in the sling.  Animals in a kill shelter are given better care and respect  in comparison.

Like wow, dude :rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

you don't need a video crew aboard to create a hoax, plenty of video out there online of similar situations, you take one old video that looks similar and work on it till you get what you want. plenty of video software out there to edit anything, it is why movies have special effects , cgi an etc.

So you are saying that if the video says "reenactment" it's all BS, right?  Damm!  It sure looked so real to me. Amazing software.

If it is at least plausible that it can be faked, then that has to be taken into consideration as an answer as being what more than likely happened in regards to seeing something UFO related or Alien related.

I would highly suspect that if the slew of skeptic blogs out there have not uncovered this fakery then I'm betting it ain't fake. But that's just me.

When it can no longer be explained, an you have more than enough experts testifying to an event then at that point things change. But for one pilot to swear to something is  alien in nature is just junk science or junk in general. 

he never said it was alien. and thanks for the ride   lol

It's amazing huh? 

The house and senate intel committees get reviews every day by many agencies. Usually, the public is never told who specifically is in meeting with committee members, but here... we are told WHO updated the committees (US Military) and what the update was about (UFO's)

Let me think... ya think they might be *deliberately* feeding the information to the public?  maybe...?  :o  

• The topic was locked