Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US senators receive briefing on Navy UFOs

17 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There we go with another falsehood. There is no effort by the government. 

There is no effort by the government. 

You will never get them to understand that...They are so entrenched in their conspiracy theories and cover ups they cannot see the forest for the trees. There has been a lot of good points brought up in this thread, some valid some not but opinions are like a**holes everybody as one.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Minimalists said:

You will never get them to understand that...They are so entrenched in their conspiracy theories and cover ups they cannot see the forest for the trees. There has been a lot of good points brought up in this thread, some valid some not but opinions are like a**holes everybody as one.

The problem is pretending that falsehoods have been demonstrated and pretending that opinions are facts.

These are common tactics when the poster is truly ignorant of the facts of the case.

• Like 2

Well Earl, just because you are easily lead by the nose to believe everything at face value doesn't mean the rational world does.  The US Government has plenty better issues to deal with than investigating aliens. With all the tech the US Gov has, if they honestly can not figure out wtf is buzzing around their bases and airspace and the UFO gurus can't explain why aliens are so intent on playing grab ass with the military yet refuse to reveal themselves to the public at large , it all just comes off as a giant waste of tax payer money. I still believe that any investigation into the matter by the government is nothing but a smoke and mirrors game to distract the public from more pressing matters and or to create a new source of income for something else that is more tangible. 

An yes there is plenty of software out there to create a very good hoax. and all one needs is a gullible niche to buy into it, and thus the distraction takes full effect.  To think that the military needs anyone in the government to wipe their collective asses as to why they cant secure their own bases or air space is insane.

I am not trying to sway your opinion on anything, but I am not going to jerk off with laughter like yourself over any of this either.

n no **** he didn't say it was aliens,the word is called  IMPLIED.  so no need to jerk off thinking that was some big gotcha with that brilliant observation.

The entire UFO phenomenon is directly linked to Aliens, no one hears or reads  UFO, and says, hmm probably the Russians or Chinese.

What ever yall wana believe the US Government gives a **** about aliens an ufos buzzing around , have at it, if you are fine with your tax payer dollars being wasted on such an investigation, then bully to you as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

What ever yall wana believe the US Government gives a **** about aliens an ufos buzzing around , have at it, if you are fine with your tax payer dollars being wasted on such an investigation, then bully to you as well.

The problem is they kinda have to be whether they want to or not. Regardless of what one thinks of aliens a nation would be derelict in its duty to protect its citizens if it didnt examine reports of aircraft maneuvering in a manner which we cannot defend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Well Earl, just because you are easily lead by the nose to believe everything at face value doesn't mean the rational world does.  The US Government has plenty better issues to deal with than investigating aliens. With all the tech the US Gov has, if they honestly can not figure out wtf is buzzing around their bases and airspace and the UFO gurus can't explain why aliens are so intent on playing grab ass with the military yet refuse to reveal themselves to the public at large , it all just comes off as a giant waste of tax payer money. I still believe that any investigation into the matter by the government is nothing but a smoke and mirrors game to distract the public from more pressing matters and or to create a new source of income for something else that is more tangible. 

An yes there is plenty of software out there to create a very good hoax. and all one needs is a gullible niche to buy into it, and thus the distraction takes full effect.  To think that the military needs anyone in the government to wipe their collective asses as to why they cant secure their own bases or air space is insane.

I am not trying to sway your opinion on anything, but I am not going to jerk off with laughter like yourself over any of this either.

n no **** he didn't say it was aliens,the word is called  IMPLIED.  so no need to jerk off thinking that was some big gotcha with that brilliant observation.

The entire UFO phenomenon is directly linked to Aliens, no one hears or reads  UFO, and says, hmm probably the Russians or Chinese.

I still believe that any investigation into the matter by the government is nothing but a smoke and mirrors game to distract the public from more pressing matters and or to create a new source of income for something else that is more tangible. 

Hmmmm, you got something there...Black Budget Projects now that is entirely possible..But even at that it still does not obligate the military in anyway to reveal anything.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, stereologist said:

The problem is pretending that falsehoods have been demonstrated and pretending that opinions are facts.

These are common tactics when the poster is truly ignorant of the facts of the case.

“Perhaps the history of the errors of mankind, all things considered, is more valuable and interesting than that of their discoveries.” – Benjamin Franklin

• Like 1

what i believe some of you are missing is you can lead a horse to knowlege but cant make him think, perhaps what im seeing here is either someone very blind to facts and only interested in their own opinions being hailed as facts or just a troll or both,

how many times can you point out the same flaws to the same person without feeling you are wasting your time unless you just enjoy helping that person look ridiculous, lets face it hes not being subtle in ignoring actual facts, looking silly, coming off like a troll or both.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

interesting but tell me, Trelane… did they pull some other stunt to divert our attention from the development or employment of the successor to the Blackbird, that craft that shall not be named..? <smiles>

At the time the successor to the Blackbird, Project Have Blue (F-117A) there wasn't a need. The American public was already abuzz with the sci-fi craze behind Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. That coupled with the Watergate debacle and the House Select Committee on Assassination findings a few years before. The general public wouldn't believe any report at that time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Minimalists said:

I don't believe there is a need to ask why...Until these things can be considered a "threat to national security" they are just objects in the sky that cannot be identified simple as that...

And as long as these airborne crafts cannot be identified or understood they are to be viewed an existential threat to wherever they are. And that has to be looked into by the military., It is their job. And of course, I believe the military has been doing its job all along, despite their silence., There's a lot the military is silent about. 'Tis cool.

And I don't see the military flashing civil service warnings across nation wide TV screens screaming the aliens are coming run for your lives....

Or answering questions  like..  "And what is the military going to do about it?"   Sure. They - in agreement with big gov are being prudent and wise by not setting off alarms like that. 

What we have is this:

(1)...Military not obligated to reveal anything that happens during a training exercise.

(2). We have two radar images from different aircraft carriers 5 to 15 years apart.

(3). The military has known about the existence of UFOs since WW1.

(4). None of these objects have been identified as a national security threat.

(5). We have no, zero evidence these are craft from another planet.

1. True.   2. In and of itself means absolutely nothing.  3. agreed.  4. How would anyone without clearance know that.

5. Please! You're determined to work "Alien" into the picture, aren't you. Nobody ever asserted that, not me, not anyone in the videos. The crafts are of an intelligent design and where there is a design, there is a designer.  But you don't have to discuss it if you are uneasy with it. So don't bring it up or is that what's *really* on your mind? Maybe that's what gives heartburn and angst to all the usual suspects in here.

What we do know is that pilots from both the Nimitz and Roosevelt caught something on radar. What that something is, hell who knows I don't. But it's an argument from ignorance to claim since we don't know what they are to then automatically assume aliens from another planet.

I see :rolleyes:. Tell me, just who is arguing out of ignorance claiming, "aliens"...?   Again, you introduce the term like it has been the whole argument all along. Now go back anywhere in our posts and *show me* where I ever asserted "aliens".  Thank you. I seemingly feel as I am listening to your confession that you are reluctant to give. what you are doing is what a lot of people in here do.  and it's a tell. believe me. I know you're praying for me to bite on "alien" and run... but it ain't gonna happen, so don't bait me.

Instead of asking why maybe we should be asking exactly what kind of political implications this will have if and when one of these things is determined to be a craft of unknown origin.I don't think the images are bogus but I also do not believe they are aliens from another planet.

And that's fine but I could never believe that the US Military would show crafts of an *unknown* nature if they weren't absolutely positive the crafts were not American, and I highly doubt they would expose this information on - say suspected Russian crafts, since it would be highly classified. Don't leave many options. 

Bottom line the military as its reasons for doing things and those who have never been in the military will never understand those reasons but will instead yell conspiracy or cover up.

I agree but I hardly think I'm a sinner or a leper. Two people equals one conspiracy. I think we have that covered.

3 hours ago, GLCsector3295 said:

Well Earl, just because you are easily lead by the nose to believe everything at face value doesn't mean the rational world does. 

Well, Mister GLC sector 3295, exactly WHO is it that has led me by the nose??  You have a few people in here that can only DREAM of leading me by the nose and it ain't happened yet in 8 years. And they know it ain't ever going to happen. 

The US Government has plenty better issues to deal with than investigating aliens.

I See... Oh wait, NO! I don't see! How can you say that if you don't know the nature of the aliens??

With all the tech the US Gov has, if they honestly can not figure out wtf is buzzing around their bases and airspace and the UFO gurus can't explain why aliens are so intent on playing grab ass with the military yet refuse to reveal themselves to the public at large , it all just comes off as a giant waste of tax payer money. I still believe that any investigation into the matter by the government is nothing but a smoke and mirrors game to distract the public from more pressing matters and or to create a new source of income for something else that is more tangible. 

So big gov is just screwing with people to disguise real problems. Hmmm, interesting

I see, so have you tried to figure out if the whole thing is just software enhancements?? Seems to me we had 3 really juicy videos. If the Navy sees how the TTSA so radically changed truth to some tantalizing UFO crazy stuff, do you think the Navy would have helped in the second and third videos? Kinda' makes the Navy look bad, you agree?  So I'm pretty sure the Navy was helping them all along, knowing full well what the outcome would be.

I can tell you that the USS Princeton radar man Day told listeners of his radio broadcast "don't think alien. Think earthly". So ya. Russian, Chinese, American are what some people believe.

lol, I don't have much choice about their spending habits.  But I'll bet a lot more has been spent on UFO investigations than what most believe.

Hmmmm, you got something there...Black Budget Projects now that is entirely possible..But even at that it still does not obligate the military in anyway to reveal anything. 

That's right... :)  The military is NOT obligated - especially in such sensitive areas as UFOS, and geezus do I mean sensitive.

So someone must have *told* them to cooperate with the dissemination of materials seen on the TTSA vids. Gee, I wonder just who that could be.

:ph34r:

earl, in all due respects when bread crumbs are tossed on the water to see what mullet jump and you jump it is kind of like you are being lead by your nose...pick your battles saying the same thing once or 1000 times doesnt change its value.

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

At the time the successor to the Blackbird, Project Have Blue (F-117A) there wasn't a need.

Aurora.  The Blackbird was retired in the early '90s, brought back out for a couple of years by an act of congress, retired again mid 90's, used by NASA until 1999, then retired for the last time. In the meantime, a Bird had taken its place. Mack 5, allegedly.

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

The American public was already abuzz with the sci-fi craze behind Star Wars and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. That coupled with the Watergate debacle and the House Select Committee on Assassination findings a few years before. The general public wouldn't believe any report at that time.

have a good one.

12 minutes ago, the13bats said:

earl, in all due respects when bread crumbs are tossed on the water to see what mullet jump and you jump it is kind of like you are being lead by your nose...pick your battles saying the same thing once or 1000 times doesnt change its value.

He should have been a lawyer to be honest.....:lol: And quite frankly I am tired of beating this horse....Everything has been laid out, we know what's what just some people keep it going post after post after post...It's a little aggravating to be honest. I say we agree to disagree and move on to something else.

Edited by Minimalists
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Two incidents in my life. I know where I stand and I know enough to know one thing about intelligently constructed UFO crafts, they EXIST.

You have to understand god almighty isn't shaking me down on it, no one will. 

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Two incidents in my life. I know where I stand and I know enough to know one thing about intelligently constructed UFO crafts, they EXIST.

Never mind I will get banned..

Edited by Minimalists
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

i agree, they do exist even a balloon, a common object many times called a UFO is an intelligently construced craft, 

well, keep right on jumping if it makes you happy, but i hate to break it to you most everyone here agrees that some UFOs are intelligently constructed craft, lots of things get called "UFO".

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

That's right... :)  The military is NOT obligated - especially in such sensitive areas as UFOS, and geezus do I mean sensitive.

So someone must have *told* them to cooperate with the dissemination of materials seen on the TTSA vids. Gee, I wonder just who that could be.

:ph34r:

Please provide any evidence that UFOs are sensitive. You wrote "especially in such sensitive areas as UFOS, and geezus do I mean sensitive"

I don't believe you.

I can tell you that the USS Princeton radar man Day told listeners of his radio broadcast "don't think alien.

Fravor says Day is dead wrong and his story is fiction.

https://badufos.blogspot.com/

Fravor spoke at the recent UFO Fest in McMinnville, Oregon (held annually to honor the famous Trent UFO Photos, taken just outside that town). Reporter George Knapp and documentary filmmaker Jeremy Corbell were also on the panel. Fravor  sharply criticized the accounts of certain other people who were involved and have been speaking about the incident. He seemed to be singling out the account of the radar operator, Kevin Day, as being non-factual. He dismissed claims of Air Force personnel coming on board the Nimitz and confiscating evidence as being untrue.

1 hour ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

You can make up stories all you want. You can be like the radar operator Day.

I see intelligently constructed craft all of the time. I just don't know what they are, which makes them UFOs for me. Then again the people I work with can easily identify them.

The fact you couldn't identify something is as meaningless as the fact I am not able to identify the crafts.

Here is another laughable fallacy:

So someone must have *told* them to cooperate with the dissemination of materials seen on the TTSA vids.

The TTSA mockumentary is a product of a for profit entertainment company.

Filming on government property be it in a national park or a military base requires the purchase of license. It requires a contract. It requires fees and following regulations.

These claims of cooperation or dissemination are clearly arguments based on personal ignorance of the manner in which these agreements are carried out.

Just as a person has a legal right to restrict or control filming, photography, and recording on their property the federal government has the same rights to control what happens on their property.

I did not find one for the military but did find one for the national parks

https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/commercial-use-authorizations.htm

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Minimalists said:

He should have been a lawyer to be honest.....:lol: And quite frankly I am tired of beating this horse....

Tell me, O, incredibly wise one,  which TTSA video theory from in here (UM) did you hope to convert into being a follower of,...
- The theory that the personnel on the Princeton and Nimitz saw "birds and balloons"...?
- The theory that radar personnel on the Princeton did not know how to interpret their own results...?
- the theory that the videos were nothing more than new CGI software creations...?

Advise me, should I pay no attention to what the US Navy says and start reading "badufo.com" and "skeptic.com", as some do in here?
Do you start long and protracted discussions with any of the disillusioned UM posters above?

You have ballz singling me out. 

President George H. W. Bush quote - link   I love this quote of George the unth :)  who was also director of America's CIA

"An activist/journalist asked when the US government would tell the truth about UFOs, ...

He (Bush) replied: “Americans can’t handle the truth” …"
---------------------

Isn't that the truth!!  <smiles>  I'm pretty sure we have some Americans in here 

peace love dove, y'all

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Tell me, O, incredibly wise one,  which TTSA video theory from in here (UM) did you hope to convert into being a follower of,...
- The theory that the personnel on the Princeton and Nimitz saw "birds and balloons"...?
- The theory that radar personnel on the Princeton did not know how to interpret their own results...?
- the theory that the videos were nothing more than new CGI software creations...?

Advise me, should I pay no attention to what the US Navy says and start reading "badufo.com" and "skeptic.com", as some do in here?
Do you start long and protracted discussions with any of the disillusioned UM posters above?

You have ballz singling me out. 

The first problem is that there are not separate and incompatible ideas listed here.

The source of the statement that the radar operator is telling a non-factual story is Fravor, the pilot heralded by TTSA. Does it matter who reported Fravor's statements made at a UFO conference? No. Pretending that the source of the report is not Fravor is dishonest.

There are multiple videos. Only one shows a small white dot moving at slow speed. That is the object which is probably a weather balloon but might be a pelagic bird. It is clearly a small object. Statements made by Fravor do not affect this observation.  The video is independent of the other videos and the other issues being discussed.

Not sure anyone has claimed any of the videos are new CGI creations.

Here is what we do know. The claims by TTSA and discussed by Elizondo about high speed is a joke since the TTSA did not notice that the zoom changed and the camera had run to its travel limit. Also, these same people did not understand that the "aura" seen on the video is a normal feature of distant planes observed on FLIR.

You continue to claim that the Navy is saying things. What is the Navy saying? Please cite sources.

Please be clear to separate what the Navy states from what people in the Navy state. I hope you realize that these are not the same.

• The topic was locked