Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US senators receive briefing on Navy UFOs

10 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I guess the pilots eyeballs need to go back to boeing to be recalibrated.

aliens on this planet etc... do you believe the authorities are covering this up?.. regarding belief: 'there's no grey area' imo- yes or no?

Edited by Dejarma
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

aliens on this planet etc... do you believe the authorities are covering this up?.. regarding belief: 'there's no grey area' imo- yes or no?

Assuming that they're not earth bound technology then what else could they be? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I enjoy it when dolts have nothing to say and instead show their ineptitude and lack of basic understanding of the issues by clicking the laughing icon to illustrate how they think - laughing like the 3 year old they are.

Even more amusing when someone presents a weak argument and gets irritated by a laughing emoji. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Captain Risky said:

Assuming that they're not earth bound technology then what else could they be? 

you didn't answer the question= i'll repeat:

do you believe the authorities are covering this up?

• Like 1

Just now, Dejarma said:

you didn't answer the question= i'll repeat:

do you believe the authorities are covering this up?

I don't know because i have no idea what they know to start off with. If they knew something more than the public and they thought they could get military advantage outta it then sure they would keep it a secret. But its pretty hard to talk down a military thats willing to talk about UFO's. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Captain Risky said:

I don't know because i have no idea what they know to start off with. If they knew something more than the public and they thought they could get military advantage outta it then sure they would keep it a secret. But its pretty hard to talk down a military thats willing to talk about UFO's. 

oh ok then

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dejarma said:

this is my point- again-  'according to the conspiracy theories' the navy knows what they are. So why would navy pilots report this for the public to see?

the logic is flawed big time,, always has been:blink:

It's not necessarily flawed logic, Dejarma.  The case could be that lie or tell the truth, a point is being made to inculcate the people about UFOs. We'll see in time.

5 hours ago, stereologist said:

The group was on a training exercise. They had new equipment. They were learning how the equipment worked.

What on earth does that have to do with it? Because they were learning how the equipment worked, they misinterpreted something they saw as something inexplicable? So their new equipment led them to suspect that it might be a UFO? That new equipment must be posirively dangerous if it leads to misidentifications that bad. So what might it have been a misidentifaction of? 

Regardless, the Navy briefed some of Congress and the President. Why should people believe there is nothing to it, when clearly the Navy believes there was enough to brief government officials?

True, there is no reason to believe these are "aliens". But, then where are the craft from? And how is it they are better in some ways then US Navy craft?

Maybe they need to capture/shoot one?

Maybe they already have?

We don't know what else was in the briefings, or even how long they were.

Actually, we don't even know as a fact they happened, because despite many sources, and the President, saying they happened, there is no online proof of any such meetings in the military public news.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Regardless, the Navy briefed some of Congress and the President. Why should people believe there is nothing to it, when clearly the Navy believes there was enough to brief government officials?

True, there is no reason to believe these are "aliens". But, then where are the craft from? And how is it they are better in some ways then US Navy craft?

Maybe they need to capture/shoot one?

Maybe they already have?

We don't know what else was in the briefings, or even how long they were.

Actually, we don't even know as a fact they happened, because despite many sources, and the President, saying they happened, there is no online proof of any such meetings in the military public news.

There is deff, something going on, I just do not believe it is alien in nature.

The government does not have the time or attention span to really figure out what is going on, all anyone wants to know is, what country is doing this, what is it they are using and how much of a threat is it.

An all anyone has to show for anything is speculation nothing more.  Whatever the US Senate started is now dead and forgotten; and there has been no updates given by the senate at all on anything, not even a vague answer or a flat out lie to just shut people up.  The US Gov right now is more concerned with IRAN than " aliens ".  There are more reasonable speculations as to a hoax or this all just being a giant distraction than there is to support any hope of being  E.T related.   When a  " Alien U.F.O "  lands down in the middle of a populated area in broad day light and people are crapping their pants and it is on every channel and radio station, then I will concede to it all being real. Anything less is pointless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ex President Obama gave us all the intel with his speech. He said “Area 51 is actually what it is supposed to be”, “SETI”. They’ve known about ETs existence  since the early 40’s. On another note: I do not believe that out of the whole Universe, we are alone. Are they other humans? I think not. Maybe other worldly things we can’t just make up in our heads? Yes I believe so. 

11 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

There is deff, something going on, I just do not believe it is alien in nature.

The government does not have the time or attention span to really figure out what is going on, all anyone wants to know is, what country is doing this, what is it they are using and how much of a threat is it.

An all anyone has to show for anything is speculation nothing more.  Whatever the US Senate started is now dead and forgotten; and there has been no updates given by the senate at all on anything, not even a vague answer or a flat out lie to just shut people up.  The US Gov right now is more concerned with IRAN than " aliens ".  There are more reasonable speculations as to a hoax or this all just being a giant distraction than there is to support any hope of being  E.T related.   When a  " Alien U.F.O "  lands down in the middle of a populated area in broad day light and people are crapping their pants and it is on every channel and radio station, then I will concede to it all being real. Anything less is pointless.

Yeah, such craft are as likely to be piloted by Iranians, then by aliens. Actually more likely. Iranians are proven to exist. Even sentient bipedal rabbits are more likely then aliens...

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Sherrie76 said:

Ex President Obama gave us all the intel with his speech. He said “Area 51 is actually what it is supposed to be”, “SETI”. They’ve known about ETs existence  since the early 40’s. On another note: I do not believe that out of the whole Universe, we are alone. Are they other humans? I think not. Maybe other worldly things we can’t just make up in our heads? Yes I believe so. 

The 40s is a horrible time to point to something as proof, the tech back then was horrible and anything provided was beyond easy to fake. All area 51 is a military testing base nothing more. Was Roswell just a weather balloon, i doubt it, it was probably military related.  If anyone in SETI or NASA knows of or has proof of ET, they are not sharing it with the rest of the world.  I'd like to believe that in the Universe we are not alone, but even if we are not, there is just no practical way for humanity to travel in space making the idea and hope pointless. for me it is pointless anyhow.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Yeah, such craft are as likely to be piloted by Iranians, then by aliens. Actually more likely. Iranians are proven to exist. Even sentient bipedal rabbits are more likely then aliens...

I'd place my bet on Rabbits from Iran being more responsible for what is going on that caused a US Senate Hearing, than it being ET.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

This an excerpt for the original link posted with this post. Please explain how this is an earthbound explanation.

More recently, the revelation that multiple US Navy pilots have witnessed unidentified objects flying at impossible speeds - coupled with the US Navy's move to standardize UFO reporting - seems to indicate that UFOs are something that the US government is taking very seriously.

I understand the content of what was included in the original post. My stance, and it's cool if you disagree, is based off my knowledge of information provided coupled with my military experience and contacts with other branches of service.

Over the course of my career I have had several conversations with pilots from the Air Force, Navy and Marines. None have mentioned anything otherworldly. Luckily,  I spoke with a Navy pilot just last night and we discussed this exact thread including about the Elizondo program and its validity. This officer flatly stated there are times where pilots and radar are fooled. It happens, to the even the most experienced and competent operator. He went on to state that UFO does not necessarily have to equal extraterrestrial craft. Mind you this is a highly decorated senior aviator with dozens of combat sorties and has logged thousands of hours of flight time. He concurs with me that there are likely experimental craft being tested by other nations that have not been fully understood or known to our intelligence community until just recently.

So I do have to ask, why do you readily and easily dismiss a more mundane explanation?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

The 40s is a horrible time to point to something as proof, the tech back then was horrible and anything provided was beyond easy to fake. All area 51 is a military testing base nothing more. Was Roswell just a weather balloon, i doubt it, it was probably military related.  If anyone in SETI or NASA knows of or has proof of ET, they are not sharing it with the rest of the world.  I'd like to believe that in the Universe we are not alone, but even if we are not, there is just no practical way for humanity to travel in space making the idea and hope pointless. for me it is pointless anyhow.

Understood. Sorry about the 40s, that’s as far as I can remember back to like Roswell etc. Obama said it was used as SETI, which we know what that is. I guess I’m kinda like you, don’t really care if they are, or aren’t. We will just have to wait and see huh? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

I don't think many people truly realize the jump in capabilities that some countries have made technologically over the last 10-15 years. The glaring problem was the development of these craft with our intelligence communities not being fully aware. "How could they not know?" is the question even some of my peers have asked in our roundtable discussions. The answer is pretty simple. Tunnel vision. The US intelligence apparatus has been primarily focused on two major areas of concern, terrorism (foreign/domestic) and nuclear development and proliferation in N Korea. The Iranian issue is complex as its still developing with many layers diplomatically and militarily.

57 minutes ago, GLCsector3295 said:

That’s why they are coming here and our military needs their advanced technologies. 

32 minutes ago, Sherrie76 said:

That’s why they are coming here and our military needs their advanced technologies. 

True the military would love to get ahold of ET tech,  the problem is, there is no incentive for an advanced species to trade or share anything with a lower species. I suppose though if one wants to go the route of, well maybe they are a peaceful and kind species and want to help. Which is good an all, but the truth is humanity is more into exploiting and ruling than it is to just do things for free and for the betterment of man kind.    Heck diseases  in  third world countries do not get addressed unless the pose a threat of being spread to other bigger countries. An that is rather sad.

In the mean time, governments will have to just settle for stealing each others advancements in technology and exploiting them, as has been going on now since who knows how long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

I don't think many people truly realize the jump in capabilities that some countries have made technologically over the last 10-15 years. The glaring problem was the development of these craft with our intelligence communities not being fully aware. "How could they not know?" is the question even some of my peers have asked in our roundtable discussions. The answer is pretty simple. Tunnel vision. The US intelligence apparatus has been primarily focused on two major areas of concern, terrorism (foreign/domestic) and nuclear development and proliferation in N Korea. The Iranian issue is complex as its still developing with many layers diplomatically and militarily.

Tunnel vision is right, it is also why i said people have to be alert to both hands, while people are getting razzle dazzled over a senate hearing on ufos they are not paying attention to what the other hand is doing. Or at least wont see it coming.  Administrations use distractions like this to slip laws and other things under the public radar into law or fund something else not wildly known about that could be considered controversial .   Aliens and UFOs should be the worlds last worry with everything else happening on a political global scale.

4 hours ago, GLCsector3295 said:

as Roswell just a weather balloon, i doubt it, it was probably military related.

it was a weather balloon towing special secret reflectors the military was trying to use it to "hear" Russian bomb testing. 

10 hours ago, Trelane said:

I understand the content of what was included in the original post. My stance, and it's cool if you disagree, is based off my knowledge of information provided coupled with my military experience and contacts with other branches of service.

Over the course of my career I have had several conversations with pilots from the Air Force, Navy and Marines. None have mentioned anything otherworldly. Luckily,  I spoke with a Navy pilot just last night and we discussed this exact thread including about the Elizondo program and its validity. This officer flatly stated there are times where pilots and radar are fooled. It happens, to the even the most experienced and competent operator. He went on to state that UFO does not necessarily have to equal extraterrestrial craft. Mind you this is a highly decorated senior aviator with dozens of combat sorties and has logged thousands of hours of flight time. He concurs with me that there are likely experimental craft being tested by other nations that have not been fully understood or known to our intelligence community until just recently.

So I do have to ask, why do you readily and easily dismiss a more mundane explanation?

I have no problem in attributing a proper explanation where and when it’s required. Does an object that moves in an intelligent fashion many times faster than the fastest fighter jets, metallic and shaped like a tick tac able to stop on a dime, in mid air and then shoot off deserve a mundane explanation?

thats the real question.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

I have no problem in attributing a proper explanation where and when it’s required. Does an object that moves in an intelligent fashion many times faster than the fastest fighter jets, metallic and shaped like a tick tac able to stop on a dime, in mid air and then shoot off deserve a mundane explanation?

thats the real question.

so how is it explained?

Just now, the13bats said:

so how is it explained?

You tell me? 

9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You tell me? 

no, dont answer my question with a question, save your trolling for the hard core skeps that pull your strings.

• Confused 2

• The topic was locked