Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Web making help needed.

jenk

I want to make a cool web site with my own forums and such. I have been wanting to do this for awhile but one thing has kept me back........ I don't have a clue about how to make a site.

Could someone give me a few pointers and tips on how to make and design a web site? I'm a complete child on this.

Don't worry, I do not understand PHP Nuke and that is what my site is made out of. It came with my webhosting package.

• 7 years later...
I want to make a cool web site with my own forums and such. I have been wanting to do this for awhile but one thing has kept me back........ I don't have a clue about how to make a site.

Essentially, what's needed to make a simple website is:

1. A computer (this goes without saying, but we've been asked)
  2. An Internet connection
  3. The website itself (plus programs for making images and text)
  4. Browsers (e.g., Internet Explorer and Netscape)
  5. Web hosting space
  6. Domain name (e.g., yourwebsite.com — optional)
  7. Uploading software

Wow, it's been 8 years since the original poster put this up. I certainly hope they learned webdesign by now. :D

Edited by BiffSplitkins
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

I think you can always learn what you want to create. so if you are beginner in web developing you can always refer to google and read about web developing and study it. over the time i am sure you will make a good web developer yourself. but the easiest way to get your website done is to hire a web developer or a webmaster who can develop your website and make necessary changes when needed. below is a good program i have used and it costs very reasonably. you can also find web hosting there too.

http://www.webtechnologyqueensland.com/hire-a-webmaster.php

I think you can always learn what you want to create. so if you are beginner in web developing you can always refer to google and read about web developing and study it. over the time i am sure you will make a good web developer yourself. but the easiest way to get your website done is to hire a web developer or a webmaster who can develop your website and make necessary changes when needed. below is a good program i have used and it costs very reasonably. you can also find web hosting there too.

http://www.webtechnologyqueensland.com/hire-a-webmaster.php

start with a good html manual, learning a little JavaScript and PHP also goes a long way, then get yourself any type of html editor (optional, if you good enough you can code all with Notepad) and you are ready to go.