Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Writer accuses Trump of raping her

Merc14

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

I am in no way your bro.   So you believe that this woman was raped by Trump in a very high end store in Manhattan?

I believe it is as likely as not.

I guess I dont care beyond being disgusted by the whole "its for the dems" kneejerk reaction thing.  There is simply no logic in it at this point.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I believe it is as likely as not.

I guess I dont care beyond being disgusted by the whole "its for the dems" kneejerk reaction thing.  There is simply no logic in it at this point.

I am disgusted by the guilty by accusation world people like you are trying to create.  What people like you did to Justice Kavanaugh was beyond reprehensible and this woman is trying to do the same thing to another person on the right.  You used to, laughably, claim to be a constitutionalist but a person who believes in that document would be appalled at how the left and MSM now operates regardless of the target.

• Like 2

Just now, Merc14 said:

You used to, laughably, claim to be a constitutionalist but a person who believes in that document would be appalled at how the left and MSM now operates regardless of the target.

I still make that claim, much more firmly than any Trump supporter can. A recent example :

Trump bypasses Congress to push through arms sales to Saudis, UAE

I have to ask what exactly does the constitution say about the government regulating the media? And just as importantly do you really think Foxnews, Mark Levin or the Daily Caller would withstand some kind of a purity test? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

I am disgusted by the guilty by accusation world people like you are trying to create.

Dude so I totally get having animosity towards "the other side" but is Donald J. Trump , the man who pretended to be his own publicist to inflate his wealth, the man who called avoiding STDs his own personal vietnam, the man famously on tape claiming to "grab them by the ..." really the hill to fight that battle on?

Can you not see past the old thought patterns long enough to realize the game has changed?

Edited by Farmer77

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

I still make that claim, much more firmly than any Trump supporter can. A recent example :

I have to ask what exactly does the constitution say about the government regulating the media? And just as importantly do you really think Foxnews, Mark Levin or the Daily Caller would withstand some kind of a purity test? 

I'm confused, just WTF does this post have to do with this subject?

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Dude so I totally get having animosity towards "the other side" but is Donald J. Trump , the man who pretended to be his own publicist to inflate his wealth, the man who called avoiding STDs his own personal vietnam, the man famously on tape claiming to "grab them by the ..." really the hill to fight that battle on?

Can you not see past the old thought patterns long enough to realize the game has changed?

What game has changed?   You're so enraged and angry that it has become very difficult to follow your train of thought so I'm not going to bother, there isn't a point to it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Merc14 said:

I'm confused, just WTF does this post have to do with this subject?

Um you claimed I wasnt a constitutionalist because of the media. I asked what that had to do with the constitution and then showed how in a sense opposing Trump is supporting the constitution

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

What game has changed?   You're so enraged and angry that it has become very difficult to follow your train of thought so I'm not going to bother, there isn't a point to it.

The left right paradigm, the players, the threats to the republic.

If your honest concern is our nation and not your party then its time to step away from the party politics and look at things through a fresh lens. The clintons are gone, they no longer run the dems. Reagan is gone he, his beliefs and his memory no longer run the GOP. 

The party which has always defended the constitution IMO , the GOP, is now actively working to subvert it on a regular basis to increase their power. The game has changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Um you claimed I wasnt a constitutionalist because of the media. I asked what that had to do with the constitution and then showed how in a sense opposing Trump is supporting the constitution

That s what you got from my post?  :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The left right paradigm, the players, the threats to the republic.

If your honest concern is our nation and not your party then its time to step away from the party politics and look at things through a fresh lens. The clintons are gone, they no longer run the dems. Reagan is gone he, his beliefs and his memory no longer run the GOP. 

The party which has always defended the constitution IMO , the GOP, is now actively working to subvert it on a regular basis to increase their power. The game has changed.

I vote for whichever candidate is the least progressive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

https://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1889.html

The Iran-Contra Affair was a clandestine action not approved of by the United States Congress.

Not saying either one is right, but bypassing congress is nothing new.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

https://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h1889.html

The Iran-Contra Affair was a clandestine action not approved of by the United States Congress.

Not saying either one is right, but bypassing congress is nothing new.

For sure but every time it happens it makes it easier for the next guy to do it. Hell my family thought Reagan was a god for doing so, its hard to not think that some of our current political class were raised in the same environment, and that seems to be bearing out in their actions.

Its like meth,its not OK to do not even once, no matter how many people you know who did it and turned out fine :D

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I am disgusted by the guilty by accusation world people like you are trying to create. 

The other side of that is the accuser must be guilty of being a liar and fabricator.  It is assumption on both sides and will never be resolved because it will never go to trial, at least a criminal one.  As Oversword said, if it is a lie, the President can certainly sue her and it won't be the first time that has happened.  It seems rather crazy for someone to bring this up if they can't back it up.  A law suit would certainly negate any book profits, she will be left with less than nothing if she loses the libel suit.

I am not sure this is focused on the right.  Most recently, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, and a few years back Slick Willie were all called out.  I don't think Nixon or the Bushes or Dick Cheney or Carl Rove to name a few were ever accused of sexual misconduct  or William F Buckley for that matter.

It may have more to do with power and personal habits rather than political leanings.

• Like 2

It"a just another episode in the smear campaign the Left has waged against the Trump Administration the last three years. It's characterized by the same lack of hard evidence as all the others, hearsay evidence and nothing more. Except for the Trump haters, it's nothing but white noise in the ears of a public jaded and bored with the same old clowns touting the same old act. Trump won't sue, her book will sell well and she'll have her 15 minutes of fame making the grand tour of the MSM talking heads low enough to give her air time. The a sigh and big wet fizzle and nothing more.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

The other side of that is the accuser must be guilty of being a liar and fabricator.  It is assumption on both sides and will never be resolved because it will never go to trial, at least a criminal one.  As Oversword said, if it is a lie, the President can certainly sue her and it won't be the first time that has happened.  It seems rather crazy for someone to bring this up if they can't back it up.  A law suit would certainly negate any book profits, she will be left with less than nothing if she loses the libel suit.

I am not sure this is focused on the right.  Most recently, Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, and a few years back Slick Willie were all called out.  I don't think Nixon or the Bushes or Dick Cheney or Carl Rove to name a few were ever accused of sexual misconduct  or William F Buckley for that matter.

It may have more to do with power and personal habits rather than political leanings.

Anyone can make an accusation and that does not mean they are lying so we have to look at things through our own lenses.   Make a list of for and against and compare to cases of known rape and come to your own conclusions.  As for me,

Against:

1.  She doesn't even remember the year!

2.  She doesn't remember the season.

3.  There were zero attendants in the store department with a multi millionaire and celebrity strolling around.

4.  No video of an event that happened in plain sight with thousand dollar clothes hanging on the racks.

5.  She states that even if thee was video it wouldn't look like rape.  WTF?

6.  Didn't tell anyone at the time.

7.  Wasn't traumatized....until now. 

8.  She has a book coming out tand this guarantees sales with little chance of retribution.

For:

1.   Trump said some raunchy things 25 years ago and was a known womanizer back in those days but that in no way makes a man a rapist. 

I'd love to see your list as I am wide open to changing my mind.  I don't care for the man but do like how the country is going at this time but if he screws up I'll be happy to vote for someone else (no democrat running will ever get my vote for anything, they are all absolutely horrible and a threat to the country and the constitution).  A slight recession is expected, almost a given with the red hot growth we have now and the record low unemployment, so that would not constitute a reason to change horses.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I am disgusted by the guilty by accusation world people like you are trying to create.  What people like you did to Justice Kavanaugh was beyond reprehensible and this woman is trying to do the same thing to another person on the right.  You used to, laughably, claim to be a constitutionalist but a person who believes in that document would be appalled at how the left and MSM now operates regardless of the target.

I like Rush's famous saying. It's not about the preponderance of evidence. It's about the seriousness of the accusation.

I think you'd agree with me that you would not be ok if he shot someone on 5th avenue and that you wouldn't leap to defend him if this particular accusation or one like it didn't smell like bull shlt from a mile away. This one is just completely absurd though. There's not a single thing about it that sounds credible. Everything about it sounds completely fabricated and people like Kismit shouldn't be angry with themselves for not instantly believing her. When did it become a moral conflict for calling bs when you see it? For this particular accusation, I can't believe there's more than one side to the conversation. 

• Like 1

Whoa...even Anderson Cooper was creeped out by this latest Trump accuser.  And you have to believe it takes a lot to creep Anderson out:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Whoa...even Anderson Cooper was creeped out by this latest Trump accuser.  And you have to believe it takes a lot to creep Anderson out:

I think her mind is lost in romance novels and 50 shades of grey type of fantasy. That's what I gathered reading her article and that's really what I think now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I think her mind is lost in romance novels and 50 shades of grey type of fantasy. That's what I gathered reading her article and that's really what I think now. 

Lucky for Trump he’s a well grounded family man...lol

Just now, F3SS said:

Agreed.

She's a straight-up nut job.  Anderson couldn't cut to break fast enough.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Lucky for Trump he’s a well grounded family man...lol

I wouldn't doubt for a second the possibility he may have plowed her in a dressing room. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

Agreed.

She's a straight-up nut job.  Anderson couldn't cut to break fast enough.

She really does a good job of trivializing rape. She's a mature woman. It was only 3 minutes. She can handle it. A little sexy rape ain't gonna ruin her day. Jesus Christ wtf :lol:

4 hours ago, Merc14 said:

1.  She doesn't even remember the year!

2.  She doesn't remember the season.

3.  There were zero attendants in the store department with a multi millionaire and celebrity strolling around.

4.  No video of an event that happened in plain sight with thousand dollar clothes hanging on the racks.

5.  She states that even if thee was video it wouldn't look like rape.  WTF?

6.  Didn't tell anyone at the time.

7.  Wasn't traumatized....until now. 

8.  She has a book coming out tand this guarantees sales with little chance of retribution.

That is a pretty good list.  Number 3 is your selling point for me.  There should have been one or two sales people fawning over Mr. Trump looking at fur coats.  

!&2  maybe she purposely forgot, I don't know about that aspect.  Might not be video in the dressing rooms, security tape doesn't get saved for 25 years especially in the old days of VHS tapes before large computer memories and CD's, and memory sticks.

She told two friends.  One of which said forget about it, he has 200 lawyers and will destroy you.  Traumatized or not even now, I don't know.  For the New York set, it might have been a funny and entertaining cocktail party story.

With the book coming out, it would have been wiser not to mention it.   I think the royalties are at risk if she is caught in libel and character assassination

Here is my list.

1.  She traveled in some of the same social circles as Donald Trump.  At least one picture has quickly come to light showing the couples at some event.. 

2. She ran into Donald Trump at an expensive department store while on her own errand.

3.  She apparently remarked in her book that she thought he was handsome.

4.  She was  willing to abandon her own errand to "advise" Mr. Trump on fur coats for a gift.

5.  She went into a dressing area with him to try it on.

6. Whatever might have happened, she did not talk about it with the possible exception of two close friends.

7.  President Trump added nothing of consequence in his denial:  "I didn't even know her.:  photographic evidence shows at least acquaintance.  "Shes not my type."  Bad answer and no defense for a sexual predator. 

In his defense, it was 25 years ago and maybe one of very many encounters,  He might have forgotten it too as trivial.

My conclusion is that whatever happened at least started out as flirtatious and consensual.  At some point, she might have thought it was getting out of hand, or maybe not.  After the event was over, it did not seem either serious enough or she knew it was without any evidence to back it up.  Even the sales people might have been discreet and assumed it was the upper crust having their fun.   She suffered no physical harm and did not wish for the exposure or embarrassment and the negative impact on her career and maybe her marriage.  so she buried it and carried on as a sophisticated person is wont to do.

Now with this book coming out as sort of a memoir of her life, she decides to include the story  as another illustration of her point.  Maybe it is a long held grudge. Maybe it is all true.  Maybe only parts of it are true.  Maybe she thought of it as an adventure at the time. I don't know.

Many presidents have had strong sexual appetites, before and during their terms.  Clinton was egregious and got impeached, but he talked his way out of it.  The scandals still roil around the Clintons.   It was not a lasting impediment for him and  will not be for President Trump.

Here I just complimented him for restraining his advisers on Iran.  I am not a Trump man, but I must admit that carries more weight for me than a quarter century old unsubstantiated anecdote.  

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

She really does a good job of trivializing rape. She's a mature woman. It was only 3 minutes. She can handle it. A little sexy rape ain't gonna ruin her day. Jesus Christ wtf :lol:

How would you feel if a 6'8" 350 pound linebacker threw you up against a wall, greased you up and plowed you for three minutes?  It it not just the act, it is somebody taking your choice away and destroying your freedom.  Would you just laugh that off as boys will be boys?

Human beings generally do not like to be used like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kartikg said:

I wonder how many women tarnish or destroy men lives careers reputation with these kind of false accusation. 

How many men with good lives and prominent careers hope their past won't come hunting them someday?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Merc14 said:

I am wide open to changing my mind.

Is this a new career in stand-up? 

6 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

How would you feel if a 6'8" 350 pound linebacker threw you up against a wall, greased you up and plowed you for three minutes?  It it not just the act, it is somebody taking your choice away and destroying your freedom.  Would you just laugh that off as boys will be boys?

Human beings generally do not like to be used like that.

Hey keep your fantasies to yourself. Those were her words, not mine, and they are crazy. Even Andersen Cooper thought so. Sometimes human beings laugh in disbelief at unbelievably crazy things.

• Sad 2