Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient and Medieval UFO

Unusual Tournament

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

You don’t know that. As an example 500 years ago someone said the earth was round and was excommunicated and persecuted for his belief. Look at where we’ve come as a species in the last 10,000 years and imagine that compounding year on year. The possiblities are endless.  

Even Ptolemy thought there was a great land mass in the south to balance the globe. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

You don’t know that. As an example 500 years ago someone said the earth was round and was excommunicated and persecuted for his belief. Look at where we’ve come as a species in the last 10,000 years and imagine that compounding year on year. The possiblities are endless.  

Look at how far life advanced during the preceding 3,000,000,000 years.   We are the exception.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Isn't it depressing - what a waste of a good Universe if it's just us..

OR

OmiGod, and here we are, blessed with the ultimate joy of being lucky enough to be sentient and aware and able to comprehend, if at a low level, the incredible vastness of the Cosmos in which we occupy an infinitesimally tiny corner.  Even if we're alone, what a buzz!

The second one is me .. :D

My guess is that for every million or so planets with life advanced beyond the level of bacteria on them, there are 10 with life as advanced as a crow.  And maybe one as advanced as us.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So will Risky abandon his thread in shame after being proven massively wrong (again), or will he bravely ignore all the facts and prove his actual reasons for being here are to troll us all?

The second option allows him to tell us how much cleverer and open-minded he is than the rest of us, so my money’s there. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Essan said:

Look at how far life advanced during the preceding 3,000,000,000 years.   We are the exception.  

You have to compare with to make that call. 

On ‎22‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 1:29 AM, Captain Risky said:

..in what way, example?

I cannot believe Captain Risky believes in UFOs and little green men, I never expected that lol

When it comes to who or what has been visiting us throughout the ages it might not be aliens. It might be us.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Essan said:

My guess is that for every million or so planets with life advanced beyond the level of bacteria on them, there are 10 with life as advanced as a crow.  And maybe one as advanced as us.

It ain't no great leap from a crow to us.

Harte

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Essan said:

Horseshoe crabs have been evolving for 450 million years and they have yet to figure out how to make a good risotto.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

I cannot believe Captain Risky believes in UFOs and little green men, I never expected that lol

When it comes to who or what has been visiting us throughout the ages it might not be aliens. It might be us.

Yep the extra-dimensional us or the future/past time traveling us....but again no evidence for this but lots of sci-fi speculation...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

So will Risky abandon his thread in shame after being proven massively wrong (again), or will he bravely ignore all the facts and prove his actual reasons for being here are to troll us all?

The second option allows him to tell us how much cleverer and open-minded he is than the rest of us, so my money’s there. 

—Jaylemurph 

Expect it to be something like Hindenburg bad.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

Open mind. The U.S. Navy thinks they’re real so who am I to argue.

2 hours ago, Harte said:

It ain't no great leap from a crow to us.

Harte

Are you married to a crow? Their claws are brutal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Do you have the Navy's reports? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Expect it to be something like Hindenburg bad.

There is a local legend in the Pine Barrens that a moonshiner shot it. Like the way a couple of moonshiners' grandchildren shoot at lead zeppelins. :yes:

To my knowledge, the Navy has never reported (publicly) on crows.

Harte

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Horseshoe crabs have been evolving for 450 million years and they have yet to figure out how to make a good risotto.

You try cooking risotto with no thumbs....

—Jaylemurph 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

What?

Horseshoe crabs make a damn fine risotto.

You just have to know how to filet them.

Harte

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Harte said:

eeehhhhhh????........:blink:

So I spent all that time on Cape May County beaches just so you could eat? :o

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Harte said:

What?

You just have to know how to filet them.

Harte

They add to much salt

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Piney said:

Do you have the Navy's reports? 

It’s not hard to google. The navy admits to them. So does the C.I.A NSA and the rest. It’s public knowledge that congress and the president have been briefed on UFO’s.

You’re a good guy Piney and I have no idea why you would throw your lot in with Han’s, Jail and the rest?

UFOs exist.  No question about that.

The existence of UFOs proves we are being visited by aliens in the same way the existence of cars and trucks proves we are being visited by Autobots and Decepticons.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

UFOs exist.  No question about that.

The existence of UFOs proves we are being visited by aliens in the same way the existence of cars and trucks proves we are being visited by Autobots and Decepticons.

99FA522D-743B-448E-8FDC-EE9FCFA383DA.jpeg.d121aef89ce78684d1f3b1a1c4b71afb.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

You’re a good guy Piney and I have no idea why you would throw your lot in with Han’s, Jail and the rest?

I don't believe there was ever aliens from another planet here. I'm a hammerhead that way. :lol:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yep the extra-dimensional us or the future/past time traveling us....but again no evidence for this but lots of sci-fi speculation...

An extra-dimensional visit by us (quite literally our own person coming to see us)?

For some reason totally beyond our comprehension?

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The Navy only suggests that there are unidentified objects being reported.

• Like 4

• The topic was locked