Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Update on the Peruvian Mummy - New Species?

papageorge1

8 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Who determined the horse was dead?

Have you watched the new video?

No need to watch this new video when the x-rays have already proven them to be hoaxes. Gaia is a sick company profiting off the destruction of native bodies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

15 minutes ago, LightAngel said:

None of us know the 100% truth here.

If this is a hoax, then why aren't they in jail?! - lack of real evidence, or?!

I question all sides.

If you want to find some dirt about a person just to make him/her look less trustworthy, then you will be able to find it in most cases!

giphy.gif

Humans are just humans after all....

But if this is a hoax, then they should be in jail!

hoax
/hōks/
noun
a humorous or malicious deception.

interesting, i cant think of any hoaxers knocked to the ground, necks stepped on hog tied and hauled off to the hoosegow, seems they kind of blow away like a bad joke,

in this case if tribal sacred remains were desecrated and involved theres crimes there, but heck, even a passinate member who told me he hates hoaxes turned around and said in so many words if this mummy is a fake who cares, i wonder if its made from stolen human remains will his tune change?

and how do we decide what hoaxes merit prosecution, i might turn the first floor of my home into a museum of oddities, will my gaffs and props or old memorabilia be viewed as criminal if i dont have disclaimers of its origins or does it make me $atan to profit off fooling folks who wanna be fooled?

ever been to ripleys? i love the place, side shows? a haunted attraction at halloween, sure im reaching but those could be viewed as hoaxing too.

and i know of 2 of the top of my exhausted head showmen for profit who ran with real natural gaffs one stolen from a burial site for attention and profit, one guy sadly passed before his hoax was proven the other guy just played victim and said he was fooled too, but $$$ still entered his account from it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Not A Rockstar said:

The video definitely supports such a statement but I want to see DNA taken and released through mainstream outlets verifying it is not human (and therefor not faked, perhaps) before I buy into it at all. The congruity of the joints seems impressive, however, all the secrecy, the original theft and smuggling = big problems.

A video can slant any direction. I appreciate this vid, Papa, but remain in the Camp of The Suspicious. I will reconsider when I see DNA released. They have it on the large one, to claim it lacks the Y Chromo. No need for the secrecy.

Being an open-minded skeptic myself I certainly also hold suspicion. However, this is either some cobbled together hoax these scientists are trying to pull on us or a find of epic proportions. I remember when these things were written off as cheap plaster of paris moldings.

As for the DNA I expect unknowns will get various proclamations that don't fit each other and we'll be debating that again until we burn out on debating.

The carbon dating looks like about 1400 years ago.

At this point I'm going 66% Real....34% Hoax 

All alienish evidence has to come out amidst painful never ending debate.

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

this is true, its also true that doesnt make it alien, non human or not a cobbled together gaff as the 2 links i posted point out that it most likely is since the camp going the other way are being shady and only presenting opinion and speculations.

Did you watch the video. Do you think these scientists couldn't determine a cobbled together hoax or are they all in on it too only to know they'll be disgraced later in exchange for the almost no attention this thing is getting?

9 hours ago, the13bats said:

in addition, like posted before if fact this mummy is anything but a hoax then it wouldnt be presented as clickbait video but would be in all the headlines

In my whole life I have never seen a single paranormal/alien/crypto claim that did not come out to never ending debate and in the fringe news. And the debate stays with the two encamped sides opposed forever. I think that is where our society is at.

I wonder how many "alien" claims end up being either a fraud or a deformed human. Somebody with a deformity. 

Edited by XenoFish

7 hours ago, toast said:

The vid is sponsored by GAIA.com ( "We offer the largest resource of consciousness expanding videos" :lol:), which is a commercial video streaming service ($99/year.). GAIA is a Nasdaq listed joint-stock company ($7.56/22JUN19 :lol:). The daily earnings of the the publishing YT channel, "Zohar StarGate Ancient Discoveriesblahblahblah", are between $15 and $2.3k as per socialblade,com  stats. I dont say that you by yourself will have a financial benefit by posting the vid here, but the vid is of pure commercial nature, thus, subject to kickbacks/fees to connected parties.

A company presenting self-help and educational videos is not necessarily a bad thing if they're responsible. You don't do research and create video without money.

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

have you read the links i posted :whistle:

No, because they looked familiar like I've seen them in the past. People can post dozens of links in the comments and it can be time overwhelming to watch them all. It is the OP video that is the starter and should be watched if one is actually to be involved in this thread. 

3 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

No need to watch this new video when the x-rays have already proven them to be hoaxes. Gaia is a sick company profiting off the destruction of native bodies.

I suspect you will run with the interpretation you want to hear and refuse to discuss it or watch the video. Confirmation bias is the term for that.

I'll post paleontologist Rodolfo Salas-Gismondi's debunking of the x-rays of the hand here again.

http://descreidos.utero.pe/2017/07/05/esta-es-la-falsa-mano-alienigena-que-los-cientificos-de-maussan-determinaron-anatomicamente-correcta-y-funcional/

And for anyone who's going to complain about it being in Spanish, Chrome has the Google Translate extension for a reason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Being an open-minded skeptic myself I certainly also hold suspicion. However, this is either some cobbled together hoax these scientists are trying to pull on us or a find of epic proportions. I remember when these things were written off as cheap plaster of paris moldings.

As for the DNA I expect unknowns will get various proclamations that don't fit each other and we'll be debating that again until we burn out on debating.

The carbon dating looks like about 1400 years ago.

At this point I'm going 66% Real....34% Hoax 

All alienish evidence has to come out amidst painful never ending debate.

No, actually it is alien or it is not. Debate has no say in it, only the authorities running it and determining if it diverges or does not. 

It still may well be plaster of paris. Having a blonde give her opinions of possible created pictures proves zero. Only the slim chance those are real xrays allows me to say that the joint congruity impresses and leans me to allow there might be something to this, but my meter has more of a 10% maybe, 90% bs kinda reading.

Truth is, the way the PTB are, if anyone really thought they had something, they would not have it by now. Aren't the Men In Black out there somewhere?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I suspect you will run with the interpretation you want to hear and refuse to discuss it or watch the video. Confirmation bias is the term for that.

No, I have considered the evidence objectively and like most legitimate scientists have concluded that it is a hoax constructed of ancient human skeletons. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

No, I have considered the evidence objectively and like most legitimate scientists have concluded that it is a hoax constructed of ancient human skeletons. 

But...but....you won't watch any 'supportive' trash but then claim OBJECTIVE CONSIDERATION. I think it's clear what we get from you..

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

No, because they looked familiar like I've seen them in the past. People can post dozens of links in the comments and it can be time overwhelming to watch them all. It is the OP video that is the starter and should be watched if one is actually to be involved in this thread. 

well, sure i watched the op video since you are guessing and speculating on my links i will give spoilers they prove your op mummy is a cobbled together hoax :tu:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Not A Rockstar said:

No, actually it is alien or it is not. Debate has no say in it, only the authorities running it and determining if it diverges or does not. 

It still may well be plaster of paris. Having a blonde give her opinions of possible created pictures proves zero. Only the slim chance those are real xrays allows me to say that the joint congruity impresses and leans me to allow there might be something to this, but my meter has more of a 10% maybe, 90% bs kinda reading.

Truth is, the way the PTB are, if anyone really thought they had something, they would not have it by now. Aren't the Men In Black out there somewhere?

Just a comment on your first sentence. Of course that's true, but who makes that official and final determination for you? It would seem to me debate is healthy.

20 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

just like you did with my links :tu:

• Thanks 1

Just now, the13bats said:

well, sure i watched the op video since you are guessing and speculating on my links i will give spoilers they prove your op mummy is a cobbled together hoax :tu:

So the scientists in the video can not determine some cobbled together hoax is cobbled together you are saying? Or are they all hoaxers?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Carno, what they have done here is xray the larger joints and have a blonde xray expert interpret them favorably. The joins look good to my eye. It impresses. But, I remember the hand xrays from before. In this one she talks about the hands and feet but those films do not happen to go up. The hand anomalies get brushed away as "some bones more robust than we have". It is a pretty adroit job, this video, if one is not an expert. I am not an expert, and it got my meter reading to allow a 10% chance. No DNA proof in mainstream won't get me higher, I think. No reason to not release that at the widest dissem possible if they are serious.

Plus now we have a reptilian snake looking person with possible calcified eggs inside. 

If this was real it would have all been seized long ago and these folks might not even be alive, IMO. The find would be explosive if it was real. JMO.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

thats just what you always do :hmm:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But...but....you won't watch any 'supportive' trash but then claim OBJECTIVE CONSIDERATION. I think it's clear what we get from you..

I have already seen enough of Gaia's material on these mummies to know that they are hoaxes. They have not published their results in a peer-reviewed journal and are clearly trying to draw out this debacle as long as possible to milk every last cent out of their gullible viewers.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

So the scientists in the video can not determine some cobbled together hoax is cobbled together you are saying? Or are they all hoaxers?

That's because Gaia's "scientists" (not accredited by any recognized institution) are in on this hoax for the profit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

i dont gave a clue about the ones trying to sell this but other scientists have dedunked it

• Like 2

Just now, Carnoferox said:

That's because Gaia's "scientists" (not accredited by any recognized institution) are in on this hoax for the profit.

What can you know about scientists in a video you didn't watch?

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

i dont gave a clue about the ones trying to sell this but other scientists have dedunked it

So where is there debunking of the stuff in the new video I presented?

The old question again: Who officially determines something is 'debunked' amidst a controversy. 

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

What can you know about scientists in a video you didn't watch?

i ask the same of you where other scientists debunked your mummy, just because you refuse to watch them doesnt mean it wasnt dedunked...

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Just a comment on your first sentence. Of course that's true, but who makes that official and final determination for you? It would seem to me debate is healthy.

Sorry, I am not insecure enough to rise to that bait and insist I know better than anyone else in all cases. I don't. If I see a peer reviewed journal revealing the world shaking news that an alien life form is verified by DNA, I will sit up and look. I am not an expert in that field. Not even a serious hobbyist. My field is the esoteric, with a profound hobby of the study of psychology and religion. That does not remotely make me qualified to make such a call.

My Joe Average persona allows a 10% chance it could be real. That s the best I can muster for this lacking DNA proof.

• Like 2