Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Update on the Peruvian Mummy - New Species?

papageorge1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

And to put this report in the right light it was dated October 16th 2017

So it could not be the from the samples Steve Mera sent for analysis as he was awaiting results in a 2018 video. I am thinking this is one of the reports even Mera said to throw out as the source is not trustworthy. Sounds like Steve had another sample done by this lab in 2018.

Genetech is a small paternity testing lab that cannot do the sort of testing Mera pretends it can.

What we do know is that this is 100% human.

At best Genetech could verify if one of the other mummies was related to Maria.That is what paternity testing does.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harte said:

Except for the animal parts that were added.

Harte

Those tricky animal parts sneak in there all on their own, don't they?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Here is more information on the science of this ultra-stupid hoax.

https://www.acsh.org/news/2018/03/13/russian-propaganda-three-fingered-mummies-nazca-peru-are-aliens-12696

The head researcher is Konstantin Korotkov, a well-known crank who once claimed to have photographed a soul leaving a human body. He is a hoaxer, so this is a non-story, just like "Crazy Person on Street Keeps Yelling Crazy Things" is also a non-story. 

https://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/nope-the-threefingered-nazca-mummy-is-still-not-an-alien/

Here we go again. Since it must not have had enough publicity last year, a Russian “research” team are rolling out their three-fingered alien mummy again. If you missed this clear-as-day hoax previously, let me summarize it for you. 

A group of questionable scientists with a long history of pulling mummy hoaxes (such as this) discovered a mummy covered in a mysterious white powder with an elongated skull, six fingers, and six toes near the Nazca lines in Peru. Oh, and the mummy is definitely female since it is missing a Y chromosome. Because although it is an alien, their sex chromosomes are just like ours.

Bolding mine.

That article has quite a bit of fun pointing out how ludicrous this ultra-stupid hoax is.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here is an article supporting comments that this is a story that is racial motivated and appeals to those with a deep rooted racist belief.

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/how-to-fake-an-alien-mummy/535251/

The use of the word “race” is telling, as it suggests how the repurposing of older, European collections of non-European bodies and research upon them can reproduce old and debunked theories of racial deficiency: that indigenous Peruvians, in particular, could not have built such advanced, monumental societies on their own. (“Ancient astronaut” theorists claim evidence of extraterrestrial inspiration worldwide, but only indigenous Americans see their bodies and achievements remade as only explicable by alien presence.) From the 18th century on, Northern Europeans have accused the Spanish of exaggerating or misidentifying the origins of the Incas’ achievements. Alexander von Humboldt asserted that the first Incas were actually Chinese. Inca embalming of their dead was attributed instead to natural mummification by the elements or to the diffusion of Egyptian knowledge.

More dismissively, earlier scholars took ancient Peruvian skulls’ distinctive size, shape, and possession of unique interparietal bones as evidence of a similarity to rodents and marsupials

According to that museum’s head of vertebrate paleontology, Rodolfo Salas-Gismondi—who is also an investigator affiliated with the American Museum of Natural History in New York—Ronceros changed his story when challenged on the obvious fabrication, claiming that it instead was a pre-Columbian “representation” of alien life, made of a mixture of animal and human bones. Around this time, Maussan and fellow international UFO “experts” got involved, declaring that the mummies in question—they kept multiplying—were fabrications, possibly ancient, but that others were “genuine, non-human biological remains.”

Maria’s guardians have not let her be examined by established mummy experts. In late June, Peru’s Ministry of Culture announced that it was investigating the possibility that the composition of the mummies were the product of looting. And in July, the organizers of last year’s World Congress on Mummy Studies in Lima—Peru’s actual experts on pre-Columbian remains—denounced Unearthing Nazca, calling upon Peruvian authorities to investigate, find, and prosecute the mummies’ apparent makers for violating Peru’s laws against trafficking in pre-Columbian human remains, which are considered Peruvian cultural patrimony. The Congress’s organizers were particularly galled by the possibility that this assault upon the dignity of an actual pre-Columbian mummy bolstered believers—even in Peru—that Andean culture and achievements owed to “outside help.”

“I’ll eat a cockroach, live, with mayonnaise,” Tomasto-Cagigao replied. “It is not just grave-robbing … Peruvian law says that to extract, alter, or manipulate cultural patrimony without the permission of the state is a crime.”

It is patently clear that this is a case based on racism. It appeals to racists, devout through and through racists. 

It is also clear that this involves criminal activity.

The entire episode is amoral, unethical, and is an ultra-stupid hoax that fools only the worst of our society - the uneducated racists.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I think you are playing the game I've seen for decades on about all paranormal/crypto/alien subject, Skeptical sources are right and authoritative. Sources suggestive of any legitimate mystery going on are unauthoritative and fraudulent. 

On Maria, there is some suggestive stuff out there that has not been refuted except in a hail of general condemnation that miss the specific case. If Maria was collected by hacks I would still be interested if Maria if she was something unknown to science. And I would still be critical of illegal collectors.

1) No, that is an incorrect evaluation on your part. The real issue is your persistent inability (or deliberate refusal) to differentiate between frauds, hoaxers, con-men, and criminals and the results of legitimate research conducted by qualified, professional individuals.

2) Were the principals involved in this fraud even modestly legitimate, they would provide the specimen to legitimate facilities facilities for thorough examination and evaluation. They naturally avoid this due to the illicit nature of the remains and the inevitable collapse of their racket.

3) The remains in question were not collected by "hacks". They were procured by professional criminal looters who were in breach of state statutes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 6/30/2019 at 4:29 PM, papageorge1 said:

Steve Mera took the samples himself and documented their arrival in the lab. He didn't trust the ones he didn't oversee.

Now wait a minute. Do you think after all this hoopla Steve Mera would have then sent the DNA to a laboratory incapable of doing the very thing he wanted them to do? 

This is one of the many problems. Recall the reference(s) to contamination in the report? Mera has neither the technical background or nor the facilities to properly extract viable DNA samples. Standard protocol calls for the specimens chosen (tooth, phalanx, occipital fragment, etc.) to be submitted in toto to the chosen facility for professional extraction.

Ideally, the entire remains would be submitted so that the areas with the highest probability of viable samples could be determined. Of course, none of these practices were followed as they would again expose illegalities and inadequacies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

And to put this report in the right light it was dated October 16th 2017

So it could not be the from the samples Steve Mera sent for analysis as he was awaiting results in a 2018 video. I am thinking this is one of the reports even Mera said to throw out as the source is not trustworthy. Sounds like Steve had another sample done by this lab in 2018.

But in the link you posted to Nexus (or whatever it’s called) he posts the results from 10/16/17.

This one...https://nexusnewsfeed.com/article/ancient-mysteries/three-fingered-alien-mummy-dug-up-in-peru-could-be-new-species-of-human-dna-test-suggests/

OCIcQOI.jpg

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 5

13 hours ago, Coil said:

In general, did you find traces that in the past there were highly developed techno civilizations and traces of aliens on earth?

NO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Swede said:

NO.

Please, tell me which civilization left such a cut of the stone at 2.21 min in Nevada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xTi04ABseo

And who cut the stone exactly in two on the video below at 0.11 min?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO_MmcXscds

And what civilization carved out of the rock such a large piece of rectangular stone ?

Spoiler

bb1.jpg

23 minutes ago, Coil said:

Please, tell me which civilization left such a cut of the stone at 2.21 min in Nevada.

And what civilization carved out of the rock such a large piece of rectangular stone ?

I would say mother nature ;)    Although the dark CGI straight lines on the 2nd one (to make the edges look smoother) were added to the video by the guy who made it ;)  

Edit: the last one was shaped by the Romans

Edited by Essan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Essan said:

I would say mother nature ;)    Although the dark CGI straight lines on the 2nd one (to make the edges look smoother) were added to the video by the guy who made it ;)  

Edit: the last one was shaped by the Romans

I think that some kind of civilization was superior to ours because they completely removed the fertile layer of the earth, dug huge quarries and now only shrubs grow there. The destruction scales are amazing.
All the canyons and most of the mountains are remnants of the past civilizations. America, the deserts of Africa, the pillar mountains of Venezuela:

Spoiler

Pay attention to the straight sections of the walls:

maxresdefault.jpg

Typical jagged lugs of the machine in Greenland:

2.jpg

Fully removed fertile layer of the Monument Valley:

monumentvalley%20(7).jpg

Tableland(former trees):

%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%

Roraima-1.jpg

Industrial machinery has worked here:

1155.jpg

2017-04-20%20Canioni_severnoy_ameriki_2.

1000px-2011-GrandC-Ivtorov.jpg

tumblr_p00rlaOQgA1ugzxkmo1_1280.jpg

12334283.jpg

what it could be because of the valuable material of trees:

1472887906_ar6.jpg

depositphotos_119128318-stock-photo-crys
MarySRLargeStump.jpeg

Petrified wood:
(reminds Devil's Tower)

petrified_wood_15_fs.jpg

So, our civilization, compared to the previous one, is just digging in the sand.

Edited by Coil

3 hours ago, Coil said:

Reveal hidden contents

bb1.jpg

I've seen these rocks. The first is a famous and well known climb at Red Rocks. As you can see from the climber there are no cut marks. It is a cracked boulder. Fromt h e second rock you see the same situation.

If you look around this site you will see thousands of similar long planar cracks in sandstone. This is normal and is certainly not a cut.

https://www.mountainproject.com/area/105716763/indian-creek

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Coil said:

I think that some kind of civilization was superior to ours because they completely removed the fertile layer of the earth, dug huge quarries and now only shrubs grow there. The destruction scales are amazing.
All the canyons and most of the mountains are remnants of the past civilizations. America, the deserts of Africa, the pillar mountains of Venezuela:

Hide contents

Pay attention to the straight sections of the walls:

maxresdefault.jpg

Typical jagged lugs of the machine in Greenland:

2.jpg

Fully removed fertile layer of the Monument Valley:

monumentvalley%20(7).jpg

Tableland(former trees):

%D0%A1%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2%D1%

Roraima-1.jpg

Industrial machinery has worked here:

1155.jpg

2017-04-20%20Canioni_severnoy_ameriki_2.

1000px-2011-GrandC-Ivtorov.jpg

12334283.jpg

what it could be because of the valuable material of trees:

1472887906_ar6.jpg

depositphotos_119128318-stock-photo-crys
MarySRLargeStump.jpeg

Petrified wood:
(reminds Devil's Tower)

petrified_wood_15_fs.jpg

So, our civilization, compared to the previous one, is just digging in the sand.

Are you saying this is a tree?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

It's a idiotic theory that came out of the Ukraine. There were several former members here who threw that nonsense around. 

Geology 101 Devils Tower is a "stripped down" volcano. End of story. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

It's a idiotic theory that came out of the Ukraine. There were several former members here who threw that nonsense around. 

Geology 101 Devils Tower is a "stripped down" volcano. End of story. 

The uniformity of nature sure is beautiful though ain't it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Coil said:

Reveal hidden contents

bb1.jpg

The first video shows a split boulder at Red Rocks. It is a well known boulder problem and as you can see from the person climbing up the crack it shows NO cut marks.

The second video shows another natural crack.

Check out this site to see many more of these natural cracks in sandstone. The Indian Creek area has thousands and thousands of these long planar cracks.

https://www.google.com/search?q=indian+creek+rock+climbs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiTr-qJm5bjAhXOLs0KHVfJAp0Q_AUIEigD&biw=1536&bih=742

https://www.climbing.com/places/the-10-commandments-of-indian-creek/

https://www.mountainproject.com/area/105716763/indian-creek

https://www.summitpost.org/indian-creek/712973

Cracks in western sandstone? Common, common, common, and definitely not cut as those videos so falsely claimed.

• Like 4

Then there is the Devil's tower nonsense. The rock at Devil's tower is a phonolite. It shows nothing that looks like wood.

The Grand Canyon is another place where people claim wacko ideas including it being cut quickly by the biblical Deluge.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Of course, some argue that this is a kind of volcano but the lava of the volcano flows downward with an amorphous mass and solidifies, and here we see a flat horizontal section and stump.

Here are more broken trees turned into rocks:

Spoiler

95%20(4).jpg

54%D0%BB%D0%B5%D1%81%20(1).jpg

990007676.png?itok=jfuO8VYJ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMwjDyChyoiBlhlkKg59d

2477699_original.jpg?itok=g6x3gOfa

73.jpg

what-you-need-to-know-about-giant-ancien

77%20(9).jpg

are-these-giant-prehistoric-trees-512x42

111%20(3).jpeg

12275589.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

3122.jpg

333%20(9).jpg

• Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Seriously? There's a theory Devils Tower is a tree? Someone clearly knows nothing about trees, nor Devils Tower. Or perhaps had a wee too much of that Devil's Tower beer and got a bit hallucinating at the KOA.... That's even sillier than the other hoaxing foolishness going on in this thread.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Obviously all mountains are really trees, else why would they have roots?   :lol:

btw Coil: I should stop eating carrots if I were you.  Didn't you know they are baby volcanoes?  :o 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Ironside said:

The uniformity of nature sure is beautiful though ain't it

A old Kentucky Hillbilly I logged and hung out with painted me a picture of it when he heard I outrode around it and loved it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Essan said:

Didn't you know they are baby volcanoes?  :o 

*looks at bowl of pickled carrots*

*sigh* :(

*buries it in the yard*

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, rashore said:

Seriously? There's a theory Devils Tower is a tree? Someone clearly knows nothing about trees, nor Devils Tower. Or perhaps had a wee too much of that Devil's Tower beer and got a bit hallucinating at the KOA.... That's even sillier than the other hoaxing foolishness going on in this thread.

You missed that one? The Boss had to "nuke" it. 

Oh, sorry Reverend Mother. You were working on a planting project.

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

You missed that one? The Boss had to "nuke" it. 

Oh, sorry Reverend Mother. You were working on a planting project.

Apparently I did miss it. I suppose it was those giant hundred foot tall people that left a several hundred foot tall stump? I should probably not even question and potentially further derail this thread with it. It is certainly an amusement for my morning coffee though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rashore said:

Apparently I did miss it. I suppose it was those giant hundred foot tall people that left a several hundred foot tall stump? I should probably not even question and potentially further derail this thread with it. It is certainly an amusement for my morning coffee though.

Papa is has stated he was going to Email Dr. Jesse himself. I'm waiting with baited breath. So don't lock it.

and yes a new Russian woo theory is there were Jolly Green sized giants in North America. :lol:

Gives being "stepped on" a whole new meaning. :lol:

Edited by Piney
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1