Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Bear breaks into house, sleeps in closet

AllPossible

I'm more shocked that shelf is holding him up.

• Haha 1

Seti42

Bears are one of the few wild animals that don't seem to have a fear of humans. I'm plenty scared of them, however. If I encounter bear poop when hiking (which has happened) I do a 180 immediately.

acute

Does a bear sit on the wood?

• Like 1

and then

Was it a big, blue house?

• Haha 1

XenoFish

When Goldilocks get's here, BAM!!! You want be getting my porridge anymore.

pallidin

Amazing how the bear climbed up there. I know they can, but would have expected more damage.

• Like 1

Michelle

They have a totally empty closet? :huh:

• Haha 1

pallidin
6 hours ago, Michelle said:

They have a totally empty closet? :huh:

I'll explain...

In some homes in the U.S., there is an area known as the "mudroom", or "mud room"

It's a small foyer just after the entry door, and there is usually another door before going into the main house.

The purpose of the mudroom is to take-off your mud encrusted boots or snow boots and put on normal shoes, or vice-versa if you're going out in bad weather.

So, the mud room closet itself is rarely used, and most people don't put their boots or house shoes in there... they just leave them in the foyer against the wall on a mat.

Sometimes the mud room closet holds heavy weather jackets, but most people just take them all the way inside.

The bear was in the mud room closet.

Hope this helps...

Edited by pallidin

'Walt' E. Kurtz

That bear is such a closet queen

Michelle
5 hours ago, pallidin said:

I'll explain...

No, let me explain...

I have a husband who tries his best to fill up every empty space in the house. Every time I clear out a spot he finds something to fill it. Our house has three tiny closets because it's old. I have basically turned one small room into my closet and storage for items bought in bulk. I forbid my husband to put anything in there. About once a month I have to go in and get the things out that he tries to sneak in there. I take them into his wood room and put the items on his woodworking tables forcing him to find another solution. He has the entire huge attic, the basement, his woodworking room and a storage shed for landscaping tools and I have to fight to keep my one room. :P

Aardvark-DK

When it comes out of the closet, does it then sing Show tunes, and find a fancy to pink fizzy drinks ?