Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guitar store CCTV captures ghostly activity

UM-Bot

I don't get it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Who the heck checks through their cctv at that time in the morning?

I see a tag swaying and one drop. Seems like a draft going through. 

All you have to do to get this is put a fan on, (get a bored employee to get in early ) hang up a couple of loose tags and hit the cctv at 5.18 and 5.47 in the morning. :rolleyes:

Note the swinging tag is the longest one. 

There is no ghost here, but lots of guitars. (Advertising? Yep)

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Was just Elvis looking at the electric guitars. He smacked the price tag off the last 1. Was Overpriced

• Like 2

The tag could have just fallen as the adhesive gave out. I've seen that happen many times when I worked retail, even when no one was anywhere near the tag and there was no noticeable breeze.
I have to admit, the swaying guitars is harder to explain. Aside from the video being a trick, of course. ie: someone with a bit of fishing line off camera tugging on the guitars or something like that.

• Like 1

It appears that this isn't the first time the ghost has visited. The one below is an earlier vid.

From here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/GAKmusic/videos/?ref=page_internal

Edited by Stiff
Add link
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

It appears that this isn't the first time the ghost has visited. The one below is an earlier vid.

From here: https://www.facebook.com/pg/GAKmusic/videos/?ref=page_internal

God dam that guy needs to text less lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, freetoroam said:

Who the heck checks through their cctv at that time in the morning?

They just check where motion detection occurred by the software not the whole night. That part makes sense.

• Like 1

Certainly not one of the more dramatic ghost videos I've seen.

Papameter: 60% Paranormal      40% Hoax or natural phenomena

• Haha 2

Cant see how this could bring in business,being subtle makes me think it could be something paranormal.I still don't believe actual ghosts can be filmed.All the pics or vids of supposed ghosts look nothing like what I've witnessed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

They just check where motion detection occurred by the software not the whole night. That part makes sense.

A tag falling off would not set off the motion detector. 

This is a shop with expensive equipment, their security camera would be set to pick up activity which would detect a break in, hence setting off the alarm.

A motion detector in a shop.with high priced items would also pick up human activity but not a tag falling off.

From the article

The store owners became aware that something was amiss when the motion alarm was triggered at around 5am despite there being no indication of a break-in.

It says the alarm was triggered,  but all we see is a loose tag falling off and the longest tag swaying a bit. But we see nothing else to set the alarm off.

My meter says 100% a set up. 

The owners should back it up with a camera footage of them entering the shop not long after the alarm going off and checking for a break in. 

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, freetoroam said:

A tag falling off would not set off the motion detector. 

This is a shop with expensive equipment, their security camera would be set to pick up activity which would detect a break in, hence setting off the alarm.

A motion detector in a shop.with high priced items would also pick up human activity but not a tag falling off.

From the article

It says the alarm was triggered,  but all we see is a loose tag falling off and the longest tag swaying a bit. But we see nothing else to set the alarm off.

My meter says 100% a set up. 

The owners should back it up with a camera footage of them entering the shop not long after the alarm going off and checking for a break in. 

How did you forget about the guitar swaying around?

44 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

How did you forget about the guitar swaying around?

Guitars, you got to really look close to spot the second one.

This just seems like a complete set up, two  motion sensors set off the alarm, one at 5.17 and the 2nd at 5.47?  A falling tag would not set off the motion alarm unless there is someone behind the panels.

Two cameras and ......  one alarm?  If the alarm was switched off after the 1st time and set off again the 2nd time, i would like to see the 3rd footage of the owners or police going in there. One alarm no break in, ok, second alarm? Nah!!! They set this up and it seems its not the first time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

Guitars, you got to really look close to spot the second one.

This just seems like a complete set up, two  motion sensors set off the alarm, one at 5.17 and the 2nd at 5.47?  A falling tag would not set off the motion alarm unless there is someone behind the panels.

Two cameras and ......  one alarm?  If the alarm was switched off after the 1st time and set off again the 2nd time, i would like to see the 3rd footage of the owners or police going in there. One alarm no break in, ok, second alarm? Nah!!! They set this up and it seems its not the first time.

Setting up what?

And these things don’t  trigger an automatic police call.

it all reads reasonable to me.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Setting up what?

And these things don’t  trigger an automatic police call.

it all reads reasonable to me.

I do not think it did trigger a police call, but it triggered the alarm, twice? 

The guys there set it up. It was not easy to spot the second guitar moving, so if you are checking for why the alarm went off, the first guitar moving is enough, and then it happens again half hour later because a tag falls off? A tag falling would not set of the alarm. Hence the guys did.

• Like 1

Just now, freetoroam said:

I do not think it did trigger a police call, but it triggered the alarm, twice? 

The guys there set it up. It was not easy to spot the second guitar moving, so if you are checking for why the alarm went off, the first guitar moving is enough, and then it happens again half hour later because a tag falls off? A tag falling would not set of the alarm. Hence the guys did.

You missed the question. What are they trying to setup??

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You missed the question. What are they trying to setup??

A ghost video, advertising or just to get hits.

Mind you its a cool shop, they got a lot of expensive stuff in there, i would have that alarm connected to the police. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

i would have that alarm connected to the police. 

And Ghostbusters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I smell a hoax.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, freetoroam said:

A ghost video, advertising or just to get hits.

Mind you its a cool shop, they got a lot of expensive stuff in there, i would have that alarm connected to the police. 

24 minutes ago, Impedancer said:

I smell a hoax.....

I would think if it was a hoax it would have been made somewhat more attention getting. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I would think if it was a hoax it would have been made somewhat more attention getting. 

What, something like a guitar floating and blaring out 'Knocking on Heavens Door'? Would that do it?

• Haha 5

Just thinking about this. Why couldn't it be faint light coming in from the outside off something going by? Seems reasonable. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stiff said:

What, something like a guitar floating and blaring out 'Knocking on Heavens Door'? Would that do it?

Probably too corny if one was orchestrating a hoax.