Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Stanley Hotel Night Tour

NateParanormal

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

almost every picture i see get posted trying to show spookies has the mist, orb, glare, etc circled, pointed at etc, because most times if they dont then most viewers see zip, zero, nothing,

i see a little pareidolia here and lot of vivid imagination and wishful thinking, i dont want to sound snide but i could go snap a pic in my basement and have just as much pareidolia.

the next jump is when the photographer insists its got to be paranormal no other option, the close minded thing is too restrictive for me i get bored move on.

Bed bound with a broken leg once, I learned to make wonderful orb photos by shaking the bed clothes and adjusting the lights in the room to highlight the airborne schmutz. I got REALLY good at it, too, before I got my walking cast and went off to do other monkey business.  :)   I've also spent some time drawing cartoons of the faces and creatures I see "hiding" in my bed clothes and curtains.  Someone REALLY has to have something utterly fantastic to convince me there is something there when I know darned well it's just some brain wiring sparking up its own monkey business. 

11 hours ago, the13bats said:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NateParanormal said:

I already know about pareidolia. 

I'm not sure you do.  It's not how many you see, it's that you see ANY where there is NONE.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

I'm not sure you do.  It's not how many you see, it's that you see ANY where there is NONE.  

Even though I will describe you as a troll, you do have the personality to "repel" these spirits as I have seen in a lot of people. You don't have to be a non-believer, it applies to anyone. I, for one, have been born to be afraid of the dark for no reason, and I am beginning to feel confident into going into this topic. I still have my fears, and I am aware of spirits. Just, to know why I'm afraid of the dark gives me closure. At least that's what I'm also looking for here.

• Haha 2

With all due respect, take this to heart:  484406_10151435796863386_391262997_n.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

With all due respect, take this to heart:  484406_10151435796863386_391262997_n.jpg

Are you referring to a reply I made about the head above the metallic pipe in the maintenance tunnel underneath The Stanley Hotel? I was trying to point out a process, not a ghost.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, NateParanormal said:

Are you referring to a reply I made about the head above the metallic pipe in the maintenance tunnel underneath The Stanley Hotel? I was trying to point out a process, not a ghost.

Nate, how old are you? Serious question. It would help to know at what level I should be explaining things I want to say.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Nate, how old are you? Serious question. It would help to know at what level I should be explaining things I want to say.

If you're here for arguments, go elsewhere. Otherwise, I will simply report your post.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, NateParanormal said:

If you're here for arguments, go elsewhere. Otherwise, I will simply report your post.

What, exactly, would you be reporting? I've been polite and tried to explain my point of view for which you called me a troll and made a denigrating remark about my "personality".

Well, since you don't want to tell me more about yourself, I will reply as though I am talking to someone very young. 

I understand you are all excited about the paranormal and you want very much to be part of a mystery that has yet to be solved. There are things to remember, however, on your journey. The paranormal is not a trick pony. It does not perform on command. It cannot be controlled by human beings so that it comes out to bolster spooky story tellers and their business.  (If that was too subtle, I mean that "haunted tours" have a reason to exist and it's not the paranormal. It's cash.)  You do not have to spend hours and hours and hours pouring over images of nothing to find something. When you honestly run into something paranormal you will have NO DOUBT about what just happened or what you just saw. You will have no need to convince others they simply do not have the wherewithal to see or experience the wonders that you did. You will not have to draw circles and arrows to get your point across. 

But here's the hard part: it might never happen to you. It does not happen to everyone. If these things were commonplace, they wouldn't be so intriguing. But, hey, it's OKAY if you never come face-to-face with a ghost.  You can still enjoy the stories and the experiences of others. People get into problems when they begin to think they see things that no one else can see or think they have magical powers above and beyond other humans or begin to call names because someone doesn't agree with them. There's a middle road to all this. Find it, walk it.  

Edited by ScotDeerie
correction
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, NateParanormal said:

I already know about pareidolia. I'm very good at filtering out most possible pareidolia spots otherwise, I would've circled hundreds of "faces".

what you did circle is just your opinion that its anything of interest and not just pareidolia or nothing at all to the next observer which feedback in this thread proves,

arther c clark who i like said something to the effect,

if ghosts could be photographed then we would have whole galleries full of them and we dont, i got the impression he didnt believe ghosts could be photographed as he didnt believe in ghosts outside the mind of the observer, like dreams kind of, nothing to do with being open minded enough or enlightened to see them just a case of ghosts start and end in the minds of the believer the observer.

your pictures are intriguing and the mind engages, i ask why if ghosts were real would you have to hunt to find them, bits and pieces and appear as pareidolia, or nothing at all to some.

if you feel your pictures prove ghosts exist i can respect your beliefs but i dont see what you see.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NateParanormal said:

why report someone who just doesnt agree with you? a bit one sided to only want replies that hail your pictures as proof of ghosts, on that note ill just move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

why report someone who just doesnt agree with you? a bit one sided to only want replies that hail your pictures as proof of ghosts, on that note ill just move on.

It's not that I'm reporting that person because he/she disagrees with me, I just dislike trolls in general.

20 minutes ago, NateParanormal said:

It's not that I'm reporting that person because he/she disagrees with me, I just dislike trolls in general.

he isnt really trolling you, understand im way worse, i dont believe "some" see this or that that others never see because of what i view as lamer true believer reasons of how special they are and the people who dont see are just unworthy, close minded or whatever,

mental institutes are full of people who see things that arent there, hear things not making sound, people who believe they conjure and speak to things not really anywhere past there own minds,

no, i dont see anything of interest or proof of ghosts in your pictures but i respect that you do,

im more curious at this point why you are affraid of the dark, i was, it was down right debilitating, i grew out of it by about 8 or 10,

are you an adult affraid of the dark if so i want to hear why.

Edited by the13bats
mistyped
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NateParanormal said:

Doing so isn't conductive towards any form of discussion.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

"Orbs" have been show time and time again to be dust and/or bugs. 

perhaps ghosts take the form of dust or bugs :whistle:

• Haha 1

Just now, the13bats said:

perhaps ghosts take the form of dust or bugs :whistle:

I feel that in some cases the idea of a place being haunt takes a life of its own. People's imaginations latch on to the idea and run with it. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I feel that in some cases the idea of a place being haunt takes a life of its own. People's imaginations latch on to the idea and run with it. 

yep, like with my joint one poor lady with a mix of issues made it about the house.

4 minutes ago, the13bats said:

he isnt really trolling you, understand im way worse, i dont believe "some" see this or that that others never see because of what i view as lamer true believer reasons of how special they are and the people who dont see are just unworthy, close minded or whatever,

mental institutes are full of people who see things that arent there, hear things not making sound, people who believe they conjure and speak to things not really anywhere past there own minds,

no, i dont see anything of interest or proof of ghosts in your pictures but i respect that you do,

im more curious at this point why you are affraid of the dark, i was, it was down right debilitating, i grew out of it by anout 8 or 10,

are you an adult affraid of the dark if so i want to hear why.

Let's just say, I can sympathize with you way better than the other person, hence why I don't consider you a troll. I'm totally fine how you disagree with me, but when people mock me and don't provide a stable constructive criticism on what I'm presenting, that's when I start getting irritated which is what I describe trolls. Also, I know I am still afraid of the dark even when I'm now an adult because I still keep a TV on a night. There's always a fear lingering in me, especially when the power goes out, I start sensing something because it feels so quiet. Or perhaps maybe a part of the factor is the hot feeling you get when all the power goes out, and then it goes quiet. One time, the power went out while I was in the shower and I could've thought I sensed something behind me like maybe a demon. Luckily, I was able to get out the shower with just enough light to see because the house had windows all over and the shower was at the middle of the house. Overall, still to this day, I make sure I have light in my room so that I don't get "attacked" by something in the dark, or else sleep paralysis.

21 minutes ago, the13bats said:

he isnt really trolling you,

I think "troll" is another word that's not quite understood by the OP.  IMO, trolling is circling things on photos and insisting there is something there even when no one else agrees and making disparaging remarks and threats in response to their opinion. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NateParanormal said:

Let's just say, I can sympathize with you way better than the other person, hence why I don't consider you a troll. I'm totally fine how you disagree with me, but when people mock me and don't provide a stable constructive criticism on what I'm presenting, that's when I start getting irritated which is what I describe trolls. Also, I know I am still afraid of the dark even when I'm now an adult because I still keep a TV on a night. There's always a fear lingering in me, especially when the power goes out, I start sensing something because it feels so quiet. Or perhaps maybe a part of the factor is the hot feeling you get when all the power goes out, and then it goes quiet. One time, the power went out while I was in the shower and I could've thought I sensed something behind me like maybe a demon. Luckily, I was able to get out the shower with just enough light to see because the house had windows all over and the shower was at the middle of the house. Overall, still to this day, I make sure I have light in my room so that I don't get "attacked" by something in the dark, or else sleep paralysis.

i will say in a way i relate/understand the fear if the dark thing,

im 54 in my 20s i was hit with drdp and life altering panic attacks, ocd add even ptsd,

you see in my case i dont believe in spooks or demons i dont subscribe my issues to anything paranormal supernatural, i have many times in life when single tried to sleep with lights, tv even cb radio on, not so much a fear of the dark, nothing in the dark that isnt there in the light for me, but rather i cant deal well  ith being startled and a racy mind like mine loves to look for ways to get startled, perhaps in a way if some entity was involved i could blame it on that and feel better its not me, but no, in my case its all mental, its not out there, its not ghosts or demons its my own mind, and it is a terrible thing to taste, just ask any zombie, 

i was very lucky i was in a career that i could work with my issues never did they interfer with my life enough to seek medical help, but like i say i was lucky there,

we cant hide from our fears since they are created by us , part of us they will always know where we try to hide.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2019 at 8:59 AM, the13bats said:

what you did circle is just your opinion that its anything of interest and not just pareidolia or nothing at all to the next observer which feedback in this thread proves,

arther c clark who i like said something to the effect,

if ghosts could be photographed then we would have whole galleries full of them and we dont, i got the impression he didnt believe ghosts could be photographed as he didnt believe in ghosts outside the mind of the observer, like dreams kind of, nothing to do with being open minded enough or enlightened to see them just a case of ghosts start and end in the minds of the believer the observer.

your pictures are intriguing and the mind engages, i ask why if ghosts were real would you have to hunt to find them, bits and pieces and appear as pareidolia, or nothing at all to some.

if you feel your pictures prove ghosts exist i can respect your beliefs but i dont see what you see.

Arthur C. Clarke was also convinced that the Mitchell-Hedges skull was a Mesoamerican artifact.

I'm also well aware of pareidolia. But for that to happen, you have to actually, really, see something there. And I just don't see any of the things you mentioned, except the aformentioned jack-o-lantern face, which I found because I knew where to look. But the others--nothing. I'm sorry, but I'm just not seeing it.

7 hours ago, khazarkhum said:

Arthur C. Clarke was also convinced that the Mitchell-Hedges skull was a Mesoamerican artifact.

I'm also well aware of pareidolia. But for that to happen, you have to actually, really, see something there. And I just don't see any of the things you mentioned, except the aformentioned jack-o-lantern face, which I found because I knew where to look. But the others--nothing. I'm sorry, but I'm just not seeing it.

not so fast, did you read any of my posts in this thread? i dont see anything except where the op circled a pareidolia jack o lantern and not even good pareidolia, the op is hoping and reaching for stuff just not there or that only he can see.

as for my paraphrase of what clark once said that i basically agree with was on the subject of spookies and taking pictures of spookies.

if he was wrong about the Mitchell-Hedges skull it has zero bearing on what i stated about ghosts and ghost pictures,

at the time pretty much everyone believed the bad research on the MHS, until not all that long ago the hoax or fraud was exposed yet some still cling its real, perhaps 3 or 4 decades from now someone really will photograph a ghost and be able to prove ghosts are real, we will wait and see on that one.

Oh fudgesicles. My comment on the paredolia was meant for the OP. 

I have a theory about ghosts and why not everyone sees them, but that belongs elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, khazarkhum said:

Oh fudgesicles. My comment on the paredolia was meant for the OP. 

I have a theory about ghosts and why not everyone sees them, but that belongs elsewhere.

No I think this a good place to add your thoughts, I would like to here them.