Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mediumship / Spirit Guide Communication

RCDforum

Hi everyone. I am looking to connect with a loved one who has passed, named Chris. I still love him dearly and believe he has contacted me on a psychic level, but I am looking for some type of external confirmation, so that I can know for sure he is still here with me, and that my experiences have been real. Some bit of communication orsign that could not possibly come from my imagination or wishful thinking. I don't mean to doubt, but grief can get in the way sometimes. :(

So, in a way, I come here looking for hope... answers... reassurance... but most specifically, confirmation.

Anyone who could possibly connect with Chris on the other side and relay that message or sign from him which would give me that external confirmation is very welcome to reply here. I would be so grateful for that bit of help, thank you. If you receive something but are unsure of it, please just post it anyways - I will thoughtfully consider whatever comes through. It may help more than you know. Thank you again in advance.

8 minutes ago, RCDforum said:

So, in a way, I come here looking for hope... answers... reassurance... but most specifically, confirmation

Hi and welcome to UM.

Losing someone you love can be so hard to come to terms with. 

Time is your healer and memories you comfort.

At the moment your memories of him can bring on pain because you miss him, but time will ease this and you will be thankful that you had the time together and the memories to hold on to. 

You should try to deal.with this without the intervention of alleged mediums. Just talking about it with others is more beneficial. 

Believing what an alleged medium says could delay your healing and create confusion. 

You need to move on with your life,  find the comfort zone that can help you carry his memories with you.

Reassurance is something you could get from your belief.

Confirmation? Sorry, thats never going to happen.

Becareful how deep you  intend on believing in alleged  mediums, and do not give any more  information.  You have already supplied a lot more than you know in your OP.

If you feel he had contacted you, then hold on to that and let time deal with the future.

• Like 2

The only advice I'm going to give is that you cherish the memories the two of you made. Do not seek some spiritual confirmation, that is basically emotionally torturing yourself. You've got memories, that's all you need. Because those we've lost are always with us in our thoughts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Remember the good...forget the bad.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2019 at 5:55 AM, RCDforum said:

Hi everyone. I am looking to connect with a loved one who has passed, named Chris. I still love him dearly and believe he has contacted me on a psychic level, but I am looking for some type of external confirmation, so that I can know for sure he is still here with me, and that my experiences have been real. Some bit of communication orsign that could not possibly come from my imagination or wishful thinking. I don't mean to doubt, but grief can get in the way sometimes. :(

So, in a way, I come here looking for hope... answers... reassurance... but most specifically, confirmation.

Anyone who could possibly connect with Chris on the other side and relay that message or sign from him which would give me that external confirmation is very welcome to reply here. I would be so grateful for that bit of help, thank you. If you receive something but are unsure of it, please just post it anyways - I will thoughtfully consider whatever comes through. It may help more than you know. Thank you again in advance.

From my experience this is probably no the right forum for your request.

If you wish to pursue this I would recommended finding a local psychic and having a face-to-face session. Now I believe in psychic mediumship but the abilities and connectiveness can vary greatly. Find the best one you think you can find and don't over-expect. Yes, the chance of a fantastic experience is out there too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

From my experience this is probably no the right forum for your request.

If you wish to pursue this I would recommended finding a local psychic and having a face-to-face session. Now I believe in psychic mediumship but the abilities and connectiveness can vary greatly. Find the best one you think you can find and don't over-expect. Yes, the chance of a fantastic experience is out there too!

Before you just randomly choose a psychic do some research.  If they charge over 100.00 for an hour walk away.  You can also just learn to meditate and get your own confirmation or experience and messages rather than trust someone who will charge you and might just tell you only what they think you want to hear.

Never, ever, ever bother with a "psychic" they are all scammers. People who will just feed off your beliefs and give you the illusion of "spirit communication". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Best thing is to wait till you reunite in the spirit World.It will come around quick enough.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, openozy said:

Best thing is to wait till you reunite in the spirit World.It will come around quick enough.

The very best thing is to realize that there is no spirit world...there is no spirit, save that which is breathing in and out oxygen right now...and that one moment is all we have...one moment...no redo...no other chance to do the right thing or make amends for the wrong things....no tomorrow and no yesterday...just right now...that's all that there has ever been and that's all there will ever be.  We all die today!  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, joc said:

The very best thing is to realize that there is no spirit world...there is no spirit, save that which is breathing in and out oxygen right now...and that one moment is all we have...one moment...no redo...no other chance to do the right thing or make amends for the wrong things....no tomorrow and no yesterday...just right now...that's all that there has ever been and that's all there will ever be.  We all die today!  

With those words you must be a great comfort to your family.There was yesterday,and there will be a tomorrow and everthing living has a spirit;)

Edited by openozy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, joc said:

You sound so sad.Thats why people like to believe in something,its makes life happier,and being happy is what its all about.

• Like 1

The only way I can fathom the "misery guts" mentality that insists there is "nothing there", is a fear that there may be "something there", and it ain't going to be a happy meeting, if there is. I can well see that people derive comfort from the idea they can "meet again", and why would anyone want to deny the distressed that hope ? But they want to ! The idea petrifies them. Is that a guilty conscience at work ? I don't know.  People buy lottery tickets, and it is hope-based, would you tell them to stop buying a ticket because there is no realistic hope of winning ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, openozy said:

With those words you must be a great comfort to your family.There was yesterday,and there will be a tomorrow and everthing living has a spirit;)

My family is none of your concern. 

I already said everything living has a spirit...the spirit is Life.  The only place yesterday exists is in bio-chemical electric 'memory' inside your head.  The only place tomorrow exists is in bio-chemical electric anticipation based on bio-chemical electric memory inside your head.  If yesterday exists...go back and change it.  If tomorrow exists...step ahead and change it.  Reality is the moment at hand and that is all that reality is.

I think you don't even listen...I think you just knee jerk anything anyone says that doesn't fit your own personal template.  All any of us have is this moment.  

8 hours ago, openozy said:

You sound so sad.Thats why people like to believe in something,its makes life happier,and being happy is what its all about.

In fact, I am the happiest person I know.  I am happy because I don't worry about anything.  I don't worry because I have no fear.  No fear of tomorrow...no regrets of yesterday.  I don't know what the date on the calendar will be when I die...but I do know that whatever the date is...it will be 'today'.  Nobody dies tomorrow...no one dies yesterday...every single one of us ...when we die...it will be 'today' regardless of the date on the calendar.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Habitat said:

People buy lottery tickets, and it is hope-based, would you tell them to stop buying a ticket because there is no realistic hope of winning ?

Absolutely!  It is stupid to buy lottery tickets.  Precisely because you have no realistic hope of winning.  Put on a blind fold Habitat...in the middle of a basketball court...now, give me 5 dollars...I will spin you around ten times and hand you the ball.  You throw the ball and if you get the ball into either basket, you win 20 million dollars.  Is there a realistic hope that you will win that bet?   

What is hope anyway?  Hope is a fear based mentality.  Hope does nothing but enhance fear.  It changes nothing.  I hope it doesn't rain.  I hope that check comes in the mail today.  I hope that tornado isn't going to hit my house.  I hope there is a heaven and I hope I get there.  

Change the things that you can.  Accept the rest as out of your hands and don't worry about it.  Hope changes nothing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, joc said:

.I think you just knee jerk anything anyone says that doesn't fit your own personal template

That's what you did to my post,one thing is provable,Its on this page,you are a gaslighter.And sad.

• 1 month later...

Whatever happens, I'm sure Chris would appreciate ur concern. Please use your best judgment if contacting psychic and don't be manipulated into spending astronomical amount of $$$. Last, it's unfortunate u lost someone close and half the comments here revolve around 'me, me, me..my beliefs reign supreme' mentality.

Edited by Bed of chaos
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

don't worry death has been defeated I am a living witness and what I say is true. I stood before the spirit of the lord and I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down , then his angels and spirits came forth .yes my friend it is a miracle I stood before the spirit of the lord and I beheld miracles and wonders . so do not fear or be sad all will be made alive again.

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2019 at 9:45 PM, Habitat said:

The only way I can fathom the "misery guts" mentality that insists there is "nothing there", is a fear that there may be "something there", and it ain't going to be a happy meeting, if there is. I can well see that people derive comfort from the idea they can "meet again", and why would anyone want to deny the distressed that hope ? But they want to ! The idea petrifies them. Is that a guilty conscience at work ? I don't know.  People buy lottery tickets, and it is hope-based, would you tell them to stop buying a ticket because there is no realistic hope of winning ?

There is a belief that atheists are not happy people but I have found that people who believe in intangibles have a harder time being happy because most of them have no personal proof of what they believe and want someone else to tell them what to do.  I agree with you that @joc was being unkind to someone who is grieving, but that has nothing to do with his lack of belief in the afterlife.  You, like a lot of others, seem to be a bit smug about having beliefs that someone else does not have.  Cut it out.  Just keep it simple and address the one thing that bothered you, instead of lumping a bunch of people you don't understand into one big group and chastising all of them for something unreal.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I agree with you that @joc was being unkind to someone who is grieving, but that has nothing to do with his lack of belief in the afterlife.  You, like a lot of others, seem to be a bit smug about having beliefs that someone else does not have.  Cut it out.  Just keep it simple and address the one thing that bothered you, instead of lumping a bunch of people you don't understand into one big group and chastising all of them for something unreal.

People who keep banging on about there being no God, no afterlife etc, are not doing so as part of some desire to render a public service, there is no information that they provide, that can ultimately falsify such propositions, but blind Freddy can see how this "common interest" group have huge post counts, and even bigger "likes" counts, they want support for a prejudice, and they support the same prejudice in others. One might see it as part of their recovery from religious indoctrination at a younger age, and that is certainly part of it, but in the end it doesn't bespeak great intelligence to flip from resenting religious brainwashing, to resenting the very idea of a God or an afterlife, actually existing, because as they see it, to do so would be giving credit to that brainwashing. There is no more linkage between forced indoctrination of religious dogma, and whatever lies beyond the veil, than there is between tokenism, and genuine conviction.

19 hours ago, charlesmike said:

don't worry death has been defeated I am a living witness and what I say is true. I stood before the spirit of the lord and I saw the heavens open up and the church of god come down , then his angels and spirits came forth .yes my friend it is a miracle I stood before the spirit of the lord and I beheld miracles and wonders . so do not fear or be sad all will be made alive again.

The 1960's must've been trippy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, charlesmike said:

Stop it. It isn't funny, she lost someone.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Habitat said:

People who keep banging on about there being no God, no afterlife etc, are not doing so as part of some desire to render a public service, there is no information that they provide, that can ultimately falsify such propositions, but blind Freddy can see how this "common interest" group have huge post counts, and even bigger "likes" counts, they want support for a prejudice, and they support the same prejudice in others. One might see it as part of their recovery from religious indoctrination at a younger age, and that is certainly part of it, but in the end it doesn't bespeak great intelligence to flip from resenting religious brainwashing, to resenting the very idea of a God or an afterlife, actually existing, because as they see it, to do so would be giving credit to that brainwashing. There is no more linkage between forced indoctrination of religious dogma, and whatever lies beyond the veil, than there is between tokenism, and genuine conviction.

The pot calling the kettle black.  You think you don't bang on and on about your god?  You bang on more than anyone.  There are some who have been abused by the religious and those you could find kindness for yourself.  However, intelligence is not what you convey in your attacks and complaining and whining about people who don't agree with you.  Yes, some do come off as very rough but you on the other hand seem to like feeling like the world is against you.  It isn't, not any more than anyone else no matter what their beliefs.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The pot calling the kettle black.  You think you don't bang on and on about your god?  You bang on more than anyone.  There are some who have been abused by the religious and those you could find kindness for yourself.  However, intelligence is not what you convey in your attacks and complaining and whining about people who don't agree with you.  Yes, some do come off as very rough but you on the other hand seem to like feeling like the world is against you.  It isn't, not any more than anyone else no matter what their beliefs.

Err...no, I don't bang on at all about "my" God. I have always said, nothing can be said, or understood, rationally, about any "God" worthy of the title. I do, and have banged on about, a great deal of observation on my part, that convinces me an after life is real. Why there is so much resistance to that here, rather than just saying "oh well, an interesting story, pity we can confirm it somehow", but met instead with sarcasm and outright denunciation by this crew, is explained by the foolish conflation of the shenanigans of humans claiming to represent the "word of God", and whatever God may be. If you are too stupid to separate the two, and it seems they can't, then you suffer for your lack of insight.

10 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I agree with you that @joc was being unkind to someone who is grieving, but that has nothing to do with his lack of belief in the afterlife

Please enlighten me as to when and where this 'unkindness' to someone who was grieving took place.  In other words...what the hell are  you talking about?

2 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The 1960's must've been trippy.

Translation of the above: "this person's story is attributable to drug abuse"

• Like 1

• The topic was locked