Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Witnessing tree spirits

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

UM-Bot

By: Chickadee1948 | Location: Ontario

Quote

Our property on the Bay of Quinte is home to several species of native trees. In one area we call the glen, we've been witnessing an ongoing onslaught by invasive insects. Over a period of three to four years we watched helplessly as a group of ash trees slowly lost their battles to the Green Ash Borer Beetle. It bores pencil holes into the bark, then tunnels under it to access the tree's vital supply of sap. Simultaneous attacks by tent caterpillars forced the trees to leaf out twice in the same season depleting their reserves. 

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112249/witnessing-tree-spirits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Piney

Don't want to make a appearance here with a demon like me hanging around? :whistle:

How was your conversation with Chief Don? ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Not this again...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Not this again...

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Should we just link to the old thread and not have to repeat this? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy

I believe all living things have spirits,a life force, including plants.Thats why I believe its a  stupid belief of some vegetarians that they don't want to kill anything so they can eat,everthing living on Earth has to feed on dead or living organisms.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
40 minutes ago, openozy said:

I believe all living things have spirits,a life force, including plants.Thats why I believe its a  stupid belief of some vegetarians that they don't want to kill anything so they can eat,everthing living on Earth has to feed on dead or living organisms.

That's why we Native traditionalists can't wrap vegans around our heads. All life is sacred. Food preparation and cooking a respectful ceremonial process. Your taking a life either plant or animal. 

On archaeological sites in the Northeastern U.S. you will find the food preparation in different areas then the living areas and separate areas for plant and animal prepping. You won't find hardly any waste products either because they were put in a different area. 

During the Archaic and Early Woodland Periods knapping areas for making points and knives were separate from both.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
1 hour ago, Piney said:

That's why we Native traditionalists can't wrap vegans around our heads. All life is sacred. Food preparation and cooking a respectful ceremonial process. Your taking a life either plant or animal. 

On archaeological sites in the Northeastern U.S. you will find the food preparation in different areas then the living areas and separate areas for plant and animal prepping. You won't find hardly any waste products either because they were put in a different area. 

During the Archaic and Early Woodland Periods knapping areas for making points and knives were separate from both.

It seems people now have lost their knowledge of the important things in life and lost touch with reality and the Earth.I think with most white races the knowledge of the elders is disregarded and lost forever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, openozy said:

It seems people now have lost their knowledge of the important things in life and lost touch with reality and the Earth.I think with most white races the knowledge of the elders is disregarded and lost forever.

It's more the connection than the knowledge. They lost the connection when moving to the suburbs and the cities.

I use to think of the parable of the Garden of Eden from a Algonquian perspective. When man built the first towns and cities, he bit the apple and lost the Garden.

My people practiced agro-forestry. We lived in scattered hamlets. Little more than farmettes. Surrounded by our groves, rice paddies, berry patches and lotus ponds. Leaving our maintained forest as our game parks. We didn't domesticate food animals out of respect but they were as semi-domesticated as the farm's deer and turkey flocks are now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
1 hour ago, Piney said:

It's more the connection than the knowledge. They lost the connection when moving to the suburbs and the cities.

I use to think of the parable of the Garden of Eden from a Algonquian perspective. When man built the first towns and cities, he bit the apple and lost the Garden.

My people practiced agro-forestry. We lived in scattered hamlets. Little more than farmettes. Surrounded by our groves, rice paddies, berry patches and lotus ponds. Leaving our maintained forest as our game parks. We didn't domesticate food animals out of respect but they were as semi-domesticated as the farm's deer and turkey flocks are now.

Sounds like the way to live,I hate modern society and try to live self sustaining.The internet,probably the worst invention,is my only luxury and my main social activity.You are very blessed to have the influence of your native people.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.