Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Witnessing tree spirits

UM-Bot

By: Chickadee1948 | Location: Ontario

Our property on the Bay of Quinte is home to several species of native trees. In one area we call the glen, we've been witnessing an ongoing onslaught by invasive insects. Over a period of three to four years we watched helplessly as a group of ash trees slowly lost their battles to the Green Ash Borer Beetle. It bores pencil holes into the bark, then tunnels under it to access the tree's vital supply of sap. Simultaneous attacks by tent caterpillars forced the trees to leaf out twice in the same season depleting their reserves. 

More: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/112249/witnessing-tree-spirits

Don't want to make a appearance here with a demon like me hanging around? :whistle:

How was your conversation with Chief Don? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Not this again...

:lol:

I believe all living things have spirits,a life force, including plants.Thats why I believe its a  stupid belief of some vegetarians that they don't want to kill anything so they can eat,everthing living on Earth has to feed on dead or living organisms.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, openozy said:

I believe all living things have spirits,a life force, including plants.Thats why I believe its a  stupid belief of some vegetarians that they don't want to kill anything so they can eat,everthing living on Earth has to feed on dead or living organisms.

That's why we Native traditionalists can't wrap vegans around our heads. All life is sacred. Food preparation and cooking a respectful ceremonial process. Your taking a life either plant or animal. 

On archaeological sites in the Northeastern U.S. you will find the food preparation in different areas then the living areas and separate areas for plant and animal prepping. You won't find hardly any waste products either because they were put in a different area. 

During the Archaic and Early Woodland Periods knapping areas for making points and knives were separate from both.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

That's why we Native traditionalists can't wrap vegans around our heads. All life is sacred. Food preparation and cooking a respectful ceremonial process. Your taking a life either plant or animal. 

On archaeological sites in the Northeastern U.S. you will find the food preparation in different areas then the living areas and separate areas for plant and animal prepping. You won't find hardly any waste products either because they were put in a different area. 

During the Archaic and Early Woodland Periods knapping areas for making points and knives were separate from both.

It seems people now have lost their knowledge of the important things in life and lost touch with reality and the Earth.I think with most white races the knowledge of the elders is disregarded and lost forever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, openozy said:

It seems people now have lost their knowledge of the important things in life and lost touch with reality and the Earth.I think with most white races the knowledge of the elders is disregarded and lost forever.

It's more the connection than the knowledge. They lost the connection when moving to the suburbs and the cities.

I use to think of the parable of the Garden of Eden from a Algonquian perspective. When man built the first towns and cities, he bit the apple and lost the Garden.

My people practiced agro-forestry. We lived in scattered hamlets. Little more than farmettes. Surrounded by our groves, rice paddies, berry patches and lotus ponds. Leaving our maintained forest as our game parks. We didn't domesticate food animals out of respect but they were as semi-domesticated as the farm's deer and turkey flocks are now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney said:

It's more the connection than the knowledge. They lost the connection when moving to the suburbs and the cities.

I use to think of the parable of the Garden of Eden from a Algonquian perspective. When man built the first towns and cities, he bit the apple and lost the Garden.

My people practiced agro-forestry. We lived in scattered hamlets. Little more than farmettes. Surrounded by our groves, rice paddies, berry patches and lotus ponds. Leaving our maintained forest as our game parks. We didn't domesticate food animals out of respect but they were as semi-domesticated as the farm's deer and turkey flocks are now.

Sounds like the way to live,I hate modern society and try to live self sustaining.The internet,probably the worst invention,is my only luxury and my main social activity.You are very blessed to have the influence of your native people.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I had a friend who had a house build on the side of a hill and his livingroom was a wall of windows looking out into a forest of trees -- eye to eye, so to speak.  During one bad thunderstorm lightning hit a tree just outside the windows. He said the tree glowed for hours afterward.  It eventually died.

• Like 1