Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Happy Nazis

LucidElement

5 hours ago, toast said:

It dont and it never will be.

You are right about the 85k copies but you missed the most important point about the reprint you are talking about. The reprint, published in 2016, is not the original version of Mein Kampf but a version that contains >3k scientific comments, which were added into the book by the Institute of Contemporary History/Munich. Thus, the reprint isnt an instrument of propaganda but its an instrument of clarification of the lunatic ideas of a lunatic mind.

You can put your paranoid pessimism into the bin. And pls do yourself the favor to investigate first, and in fact correct, about Germany`s todays handling about our rotten past in the 20s/30s/40s.

If you read it the guy simply comes across as someone who loved his country while being angered at it falling to bits following WW1.

The big moment for him seems to have been Bavaria wanting to break away and join Austria. That was like a red line had been crossed.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, and then said:

There are many stories from Jews who HATE Christians to this day because of stories handed down from camp survivors who saw their guards attend church on Sundays.  Completely understandable.

That is generalization, which is wrong in my book. I can not understand such behavior.

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If you read it the guy simply comes across as someone who loved his country while being angered at it falling to bits following WW1.

The big moment for him seems to have been Bavaria wanting to break away and join Austria. That was like a red line had been crossed.

Any thoughts on Churchill pushing for war despite Hitler's repeated attempts to avoid conflict? Apparently the British Bulldog was being pushed by an elite, mostly Jewish, cabal with big plans for a new world order. The holocaust was a necessary part of their plan to garner the sympathy they needed to establish the nation-state of Israel. Hence doctored holocaust photos, falsified stories of "human skin lamp shades", etc. How's that for some alternative history? lol

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Grey said:

Any thoughts on Churchill pushing for war despite Hitler's repeated attempts to avoid conflict? Apparently the British Bulldog was being pushed by an elite, mostly Jewish, cabal with big plans for a new world order. The holocaust was a necessary part of their plan to garner the sympathy they needed to establish the nation-state of Israel. Hence doctored holocaust photos, falsified stories of "human skin lamp shades", etc. How's that for some alternative history? lol

Please dont ruin the debate with conspiracy theories, lets keep things real and objective.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

What?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I hope that was some kind of joke ?

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Please dont ruin the debate with conspiracy theories, lets keep things real and objective.

There was a lot of proven Soviet misinformation and photo doctoring happening during the war, as well as heavy incentives to whitewash the story in favor of the Allies for obvious reasons. I also find it too convenient that in all of human history, this is one event that we are expected to take at face value, no questions asked. It smells smoky and I wanted to know if there was indeed a fire. I'm not denying the holocaust or the dark intentions of the Nazis, I'm conducting a thought experiment. Nothing should be off limits imo but if you would prefer this topic is, so be it.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

There was a lot of proven Soviet misinformation and photo doctoring happening during the war, as well as heavy incentives to whitewash the story in favor of the Allies for obvious reasons. I also find it too convenient that in all of human history, this is one event that we are expected to take at face value, no questions asked. It smells smoky and I wanted to know if there was indeed a fire. I'm not denying the holocaust or the dark intentions of the Nazis, I'm conducting a thought experiment. Nothing should be off limits imo but if you would prefer this topic is, so be it.

Are you an extremist or something?

You seem a little too eager to glue together random bits of information, paranoia, and conspiracy theories. I suggest you get off YouTube as you have clearly lost the ability to tell fact from fiction.

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Habitat said:

" "Perhaps to meet11 upon his storm-swept road

A greater devil"

Seems to presage Hitler's downfall at the hands of Uncle Joe's Red Army

Well, as for me, he meant an even bigger monster in the form of Stalin.
I have already said a long time ago that the spiritual forces deceived Hitler and his mastermind Titan and sent the first attack on the USSR, thus Hitler lost and Stalin was forced to defend and moderate his aggressive powers too. This was the only way to eliminate the danger to the planet. Meanwhile, America defeated militaristic Japan.

23 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

There were small stories of Germans who resisted and helped but again they were rarer.

I'd just like to add that the reason why you had little resistance in Germany back then was the fact that Nazis were extremely quick in incarcerating and killing anyone who seemed remotely like a potential enemy of the regime. 

In other words, camps were full of political prisoners (red triangle) even before the Jews and others were imprisoned there. Not only it was deadly serious warning against any attempts against Nazis, but it also physically removed the critical mass of actual people willing and able to do something. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I also find it too convenient that in all of human history, this is one event that we are expected to take at face value, no questions asked.

And the questions not been asked are, as per your opinion?

15 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'd just like to add that the reason why you had little resistance in Germany back then was the fact that Nazis were extremely quick in incarcerating and killing anyone who seemed remotely like a potential enemy of the regime.

Exactly and not to forget to mention the every single nazi was a kind of under cover agent with a maniac instinct to catch Volksfeinde (enemies of the people). Thousands of denunciated people were imprisoned and killed in concentration camps, even people who made a little joke about nazi leaders and/or the system.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

World war 2 is one of the most documented periods in history. We have sites and museums you can visit, a massive amount of document's and many people who lived through it, from all sides.

World war 2 is plenty interesting without having to resort to conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

My wife made a interesting comment last night - she said pretend there is a nationwide apocalyptic type event in the USA. More or less like the US Civil War. Then, all of a sudden concentration camps go up all around the country and people are being horded into them and one of the camps is in your backyard. Clearly they are run by the government / higher power and you don't have much if any say in the matter. What are you really to do? She brought that up because much like this thread - these Nazi guards didn't necessarily have a choice in the matter. It was pretty much do your job or youll be an inmate yourself. It was something i thought about and honestly, i guess there isn't much you can really do under those circumstances?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

My wife made a interesting comment last night - she said pretend there is a nationwide apocalyptic type event in the USA. More or less like the US Civil War. Then, all of a sudden concentration camps go up all around the country and people are being horded into them and one of the camps is in your backyard. Clearly they are run by the government / higher power and you don't have much if any say in the matter. What are you really to do? She brought that up because much like this thread - these Nazi guards didn't necessarily have a choice in the matter. It was pretty much do your job or youll be an inmate yourself. It was something i thought about and honestly, i guess there isn't much you can really do under those circumstances?

That did happen in the U.S. to the people who had japanese relatives or ancestors.  Some of the camps still exist as reminders of how one crazy politician with extra clout and excessive fear can ruin a lot of people's lives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

To be honest, people who say 'I would do something!' clearly never were in a similar situation. 

Especially if a country is at war. Any act against the authority will be seen as lack of patriotism, and you do not want to be seen as lacking patriotism at times of war. 

No one knows what they'd do. Statistically speaking, they'd do nothing. Excuses are easy to make, dying for ideals is still dying. 

Besides, there are concentration camps in the US already. For children in particular. Has anyone done anything? Protested much? Demanded the children are reunited with parents and if the US doesn't accept immigrants anymore, returned to their countries of origin? 

The press is the enemy of the people according to the sitting US president.  

Well, Americans, you're there. This is how it begins. Either you let it become deadly and wonder one day how come it's your turn to be the enemy, when all the earlier enemies were spent, either you start not voting for the people who openly use Nazi phrases. Translated for your convenience. 

There, I did it. I dragged Trump into happy Nazi thread :lol: 

But Goodwin himself is my witness, comparison is justified. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

The guards at the concentration camps were part of the SS, which was a voluntary organisation. They were not forced to do it. I think many did it to avoid being sent to the front, but still membership of the SS was a choice.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

I dont buy it, I think they all knew what was going on and were up for it.

Going for a long weekend in Berlin is an interesting experience. Its like WW2 never happened. Its like there is an effort to remove all traces of it from history. There isn't even any graffiti, nothing. Its like they have put their fingers in their ears and are going la la la it never happened.

10 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Going for a long weekend in Berlin is an interesting experience. Its like WW2 never happened. Its like there is an effort to remove all traces of it from history. There isn't even any graffiti, nothing. Its like they have put their fingers in their ears and are going la la la it never happened.

It would be highly impractical to leave the city in ruins, so you personally can see there was war going on 70+ years ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It would be highly impractical to leave the city in ruins, so you personally can see there was war going on 70+ years ago.

I think you misunderstand me.

I`m saying they are trying to bury their history, to forget it, to move on.

22 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I don't think the common German knew the extend of the attrocities. When ordinary Germans were forced to visit the camps they apparently seemed shocked by what they saw.

I can't blame them for wanting to move on from a dark chapter in their history. 

I think you misunderstand me.

There's exceptional awareness, among vast majority of Germans, of their history. 

This is why they are indeed moving on, but in the best possible direction. You can't make them do that mistake again. 

While the Allies were the good guys, practically saints by their own definition, so there was no catharsis, no facing the fact that wars are won simply by those who are better at killing, or found in better position to kill.   

In other words, how's that Brexit going? If you don't hurry it up I might immigrate and start nagging you in person. Kidding. But the Brexit is the result of the exceptionalist mentality, which is the result of having skewed image of own role through history. Unlike you, Germans are not lead to believe they can do no mistake. 

All right, I've dragged Trump in, I've dragged Brexit in... I think I'm done :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Its like WW2 never happened. Its like there is an effort to remove all traces of it from history. There isn't even any graffiti, nothing. Its like they have put their fingers in their ears and are going la la la it never happened.

Thats definitive not true and I think you didnt visited Berlin yet (or you got sunk in the clubs all day long). There are a lot of monuments remembering the victims of the fascism , there is even the cyrillic grafitti left by Russian soldiers inside the building of the former Reichstag, now the Bundestag, visible for all visitors. Also, there are hundreds of so called Stolperscheine in Berlin. So dont claim that the traces of history in Berlin are vanished because thats 100% nonsense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Wrong. And the few who try to bury your history, are mostly nazis like members of the AfD party.

Example:

"We Germans - and I'm not talking about you Patriots who have gathered here today - we Germans, so our people, are the only people in the world, that a monument of shame has planted in the heart of his capital"

Björn Höcke, AfD Politican about the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe in Berlin

Edited by toast
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

That did happen in the U.S. to the people who had japanese relatives or ancestors.  Some of the camps still exist as reminders of how one crazy politician with extra clout and excessive fear can ruin a lot of people's lives. 

Yup, and they still don't like to talk about them. The camp my stepfather was born in is covered in jungle and the one he was raised in was leveled and section 8 housing built on top. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2