Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Happy Nazis

LucidElement

7 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

Do you guys think overall the Nazi SS employees weren't happy inside? For example, that video i posted they all showed everyone having a good time... I wonder how much therapy if any happened behind the scenes? THen again, i wonder what a therapist would say under the rule of the Third Reich.

Clearly, many people couldn't really talk about how they feel so im sure they suppressed their emotions with alcohol and group events like that ones we saw in that video.

Of course a psychopathic sadistic b****** is happy when working in death or at least concentration camp. 

They need no therapy, from their point of view. No therapy can make them remotely sane or safe, from the sane point of view. 

And they're everywhere. Upstanding citizens who maybe poison cats in the neighbourhood for fun, until the times are right and they're given their dream job.  

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Of course a psychopathic sadistic b****** is happy when working in death or at least concentration camp. 

They need no therapy, from their point of view. No therapy can make them remotely sane or safe, from the sane point of view. 

And they're everywhere. Upstanding citizens who maybe poison cats in the neighbourhood for fun, until the times are right and they're given their dream job.  

Its supposed to be 2% to 5% of the population.

That means most workplaces have some in them.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Coil said:

Read the verse about Hitler written by a spiritual person who saw who ruled Hitler and what was his nature even then:

https://www.aurobindo.ru/workings/sa/05/0073_e.htm

That is very interesting, the writer is certainly a gifted man.

5 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

George Takai produced a play based on a composite of stories, including his, of living in those camps.  They lost everything.  Business owners lost their businesses, home owners lost their homes.  When they were released they all got a small stipend to start over.  Very small stipend.

Financed and brought forward by my church the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). :yes:

That's how my aunt and uncle who became my stepparents met. She was the daughter of a Quaker aid worker at the Seabrook Internment Camp which was put right in the middle of my tribe.

Oh. I forgot. Being from the Southwest you already know they put the camps next to the Rezs. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Oh. I forgot. Being from the Southwest you already know they put the camps next to the Rezs. 

We have one down the road from us near the CRIT reservation. Honestly im half shocked the feds havent reopened it for migrants yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No-one would be interested in Hitler but for the fact he exported mayhem, had he been exclusively a "home devil" , like many ruthless dictators, he's be an historical nobody. 

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

No-one would be interested in Hitler but for the fact he exported mayhem, had he been exclusively a "home devil" , like many ruthless dictators, he's be an historical nobody. 

I remember 3 years into my management degree our professor asking us who the greatest leader in history was. After 3 years of study learning all about management and leadership 90% of the students said Hitler. We understand why people followed him, if he had been an entrepreneur instead he would have become a billionaire.

Human beings all seek to satisfy a set of psychological needs throughout their lives (regardless of whether they realise it or not). In Hitler, the German people got a leader who offered them a way forward in which they would do just that if they followed him. With the self-actualisation set of needs (the living up to your full potential needs) we got to see the dark side approach to satisfying them - take over the world. But Nazi Government policy and ideology actually satisfied most of the German peoples other psychological needs too.

As our university professor pointed out, a great leader can be good or evil. While Hitler worked wonders inside of Germany, he was a very, very, naughty boy, towards everyone else. A hugely destructive leader towards anybody or anything which wasn't on his favourite list. He could have been a billionaire, a behavioural psychologist, or an economics expert. I kind of guess he went for magnificence instead and was prepared to stomp all over the rest of the planet to get it. 

4 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I remember 3 years into my management degree our professor asking us who the greatest leader in history was. After 3 years of study learning all about management and leadership 90% of the students said Hitler.

Scary ! Where was this ? Hitler was only in power by the happenstance of the dire effect of the Great Depression on Germany, otherwise he disappears from view, without having any real impact. An opportunist, with a radical agenda, a gambler who rolled the dice, and when you get right down to it, started a war that was completely unnecessary, as Germany's subsequent prosperity shows. Greatness, not in terms of results.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Scary ! Where was this ? Hitler was only in power by the happenstance of the dire effect of the Great Depression on Germany, otherwise he disappears from view, without having any real impact. An opportunist, with a radical agenda, a gambler who rolled the dice, and when you get right down to it, started a war that was completely unnecessary, as Germany's subsequent prosperity shows. Greatness, not in terms of results.

You`re not a business grad or behavioural psychologist or economist, you dont know any different.

With the fear, the resentment, and the hysteria that exists today over Hitler, having any objective debate where people arent swept along by their emotions is difficult. But with an academic background in the above subjects people realise that while Hitler was a very destructive and genocidal leader, he was also highly competent.

He had to be too. You dont get to build a country up like that, to successfully invade and conquer 11 countries, to come close to winning WW2, and have the mass support of your people, unless you fully know what you`re doing.

It wasn't luck, it wasn't fear or coercion, it was ability which got him all the way to the gates of Moscow.

Edited by RabidMongoose

The German Army was an immensely capable force in WW1 as well, and Hitler wasn't a factor in that. The opinion of Allied military experts was that assassinating Hitler would not disable the German war machine, it might even strengthen it. It does appear that Hitler knew his gamble had failed around September '41, in that he suffered a nervous breakdown at that time, and probably was correct in blaming the German intelligence services for seriously underestimating enemy reserves in the East. From then on, it was like a gambler chasing his losses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

You`re not a business grad or behavioural psychologist or economist, you dont know any different.

With the fear, the resentment, and the hysteria that exists today over Hitler, having any objective debate where people arent swept along by their emotions is difficult. But with an academic background in the above subjects people realise that while Hitler was a very destructive and genocidal leader, he was also highly competent.

He had to be too. You dont get to build a country up like that, to successfully invade and conquer 11 countries, to come close to winning WW2, and have the mass support of your people, unless you fully know what you`re doing.

It wasn't luck, it wasn't fear or coercion, it was ability which got him all the way to the gates of Moscow.

One doesn't need to have any degree to know what and why Hitler was.  He wasn't great.  He wasn't a genius.  He was in fact a lunatic.  When you say it wasn't fear or coercion...you are correct to a point...but only in the early days...it was his passion that people glommed onto.   Later on in the regime people looked the other way...partly  because inside they knew if they said anything...the SS would be at 'their' door.

Edited by joc

My uncle was a decorated WWII hero.  He was Air Force pilot who flew "flying box cars."  The large supply planes without engines.  He carried gasoline quite often and quite often came under heavy enemy fire with that fuel on board.  Actually he was shot down behind enemy lines at least twice and managed to make his way back each time to his unit, determined to get up in the air and do it again as fast as he could.  He made it through those experiences without trauma but what he had a hard time recovering from (years of mental anguish) was one of his last assignments which was assisting in evacuating some of the worst of the prisoners at Buchenwald.  
He would often laugh about his experiences but everyone knew never to mention the camps or what he had seen there.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3