Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
LucidElement

Happy Nazis

112 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Noteverythingisaconspiracy
9 minutes ago, toast said:

Thats definitive not true and I think you didnt visited Berlin yet (or you got sunk in the clubs all day long). There are a lot of monuments remembering the victims of the fascism , there is even the cyrillic grafitti left by Russian soldiers inside the building of the former Reichstag, now the Bundestag, visible for all visitors. Also, there are hundreds of so called Stolperscheine in Berlin. So dont claim that the traces of history in Berlin are vanished because thats 100% nonsense.

The Flak towers are pretty visible reminders too. I believe there is one still standing in Hamburg too ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
9 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yup, and they still don't like to talk about them. The camp my stepfather was born in is covered in jungle and the one he was raised in was leveled and section 8 housing built on top. 

Most countries have done some bad things in their past, very much including my own. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Most countries have done some bad things in their past, very much including my own. 

The U.S,Canada and lets not forget Spanish Conquest and Dutch colonialism.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

That did happen in the U.S. to the people who had japanese relatives or ancestors.  Some of the camps still exist as reminders of how one crazy politician with extra clout and excessive fear can ruin a lot of people's lives. 

ya i knew that and i actually told her that - however they weren't in the backyard of someones house . The main idea is what would you do if you literally had a concentration camp in your backyard that housed 20 or so people ... your hands would be tied.. crazy right? You would be forced to look the other way unless you want to do some sort of Rambo rescue mission .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
4 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The Flak towers are pretty visible reminders too. I believe there is one still standing in Hamburg too ?

Yeah, there are still 2 of these monsters here, wiki (German)

And to all the CT freaks here: no flak devices mounted anymore

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement
1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

There, I did it. I dragged Trump into happy Nazi thread :lol: 

boooooo lol - and we were Dyatlov Pass friends haha.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
Just now, toast said:

Yeah, there are still 2 of these monsters here, wiki (German)

And to all the CT freaks here: no flak devices mounted anymore

I bet you hide a few 88's just in case. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
1 minute ago, LucidElement said:

ya i knew that and i actually told her that - however they weren't in the backyard of someones house . The main idea is what would you do if you literally had a concentration camp in your backyard that housed 20 or so people ... your hands would be tied.. crazy right? You would be forced to look the other way unless you want to do some sort of Rambo rescue mission .

Sorry to say that but It seems that your wife is al little gaga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
Just now, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I bet you hide a few 88's just in case. :P

Hell, that evil!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
3 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

ya i knew that and i actually told her that - however they weren't in the backyard of someones house . The main idea is what would you do if you literally had a concentration camp in your backyard that housed 20 or so people ... your hands would be tied.. crazy right? You would be forced to look the other way unless you want to do some sort of Rambo rescue mission .

If it was in my backyard I would bring out the wirecutters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
3 minutes ago, LucidElement said:

boooooo lol - and we were Dyatlov Pass friends haha.

We're still friends as far as I'm concerned. When you Trumpkins are put on trials, I'll vouch for you. 

He wasn't a bad guy, your honour, he was a little simple though, so it's completely possible he truly didn't know... though I told him so.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
8 minutes ago, toast said:

Yeah, there are still 2 of these monsters here, wiki (German)

And to all the CT freaks here: no flak devices mounted anymore

You can't fool me. Not only they're still there, but we also have photographic evidence of why exactly they're still there.  

wwii-gun.jpg

 

I'm kidding. What? You have to make it clear these days. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
7 minutes ago, toast said:

Hell, that evil!

They did work rather well........ for something designed in Sweden. :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
10 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

They did work rather well........ for something designed in Sweden. :rolleyes:

Now, there's a shocker. I've always thought flak is as German as... a flak. 

It's like discovering Kalashnikov wasn't Russian or something. I mean, he was, hence my surprise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Now, there's a shocker. I've always thought flak is as German as... a flak. 

It's like discovering Kalashnikov wasn't Russian or something. I mean, he was, hence my surprise. 

Flak wasn't German. 

Perhaps you're confusing him with Heinrich von AckAck ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
10 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Flak wasn't German. 

Perhaps you're confusing him with Heinrich von AckAck ? 

Flak is an abbreviation, not a surname. Or precisely that was the joke? 'scuse me, I'm stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
6 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Flak is an abbreviation, not a surname. Or precisely that was the joke? 'scuse me, I'm stupid.

My apologies HoA... it was a joke. But not a very good one :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Noteverythingisaconspiracy
12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Now, there's a shocker. I've always thought flak is as German as... a flak. 

It's like discovering Kalashnikov wasn't Russian or something. I mean, he was, hence my surprise. 

The Germans weren't allowed to make anti air guns under the terms of the Versailles Treaty, so they developed the 88 in Sweden. Likewise they secretly developed tanks in the Soviet Union of all places !

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Piney said:

Yup, and they still don't like to talk about them. The camp my stepfather was born in is covered in jungle and the one he was raised in was leveled and section 8 housing built on top. 

George Takai produced a play based on a composite of stories, including his, of living in those camps.  They lost everything.  Business owners lost their businesses, home owners lost their homes.  When they were released they all got a small stipend to start over.  Very small stipend.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
3 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The Germans weren't allowed to make anti air guns under the terms of the Versailles Treaty,

I knew that 

Quote

so they developed the 88 in Sweden.

I didn't know that

Quote

Likewise they secretly developed tanks in the Soviet Union of all places !

*jaw drops* 

Apparently, I have some reading to do :D  Thanks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
7 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

My apologies HoA... it was a joke. But not a very good one :D 

Hey, don't call your joke a bad one just because I didn't get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Hey, don't call your joke a bad one just because I didn't get it. 

If HoA isn't amused, then I consider it a miserable failure, and I am buying sack-cloth and ashes on Ebay !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Helen of Annoy
2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

If HoA isn't amused, then I consider it a miserable failure, and I am buying sack-cloth and ashes on Ebay !

Now I'm amused :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

There's exceptional awareness, among vast majority of Germans, of their history. 

This is why they are indeed moving on, but in the best possible direction. You can't make them do that mistake again. 

While the Allies were the good guys, practically saints by their own definition, so there was no catharsis, no facing the fact that wars are won simply by those who are better at killing, or found in better position to kill.   

In other words, how's that Brexit going? If you don't hurry it up I might immigrate and start nagging you in person. Kidding. But the Brexit is the result of the exceptionalist mentality, which is the result of having skewed image of own role through history. Unlike you, Germans are not lead to believe they can do no mistake. 

 

All right, I've dragged Trump in, I've dragged Brexit in... I think I'm done :D 

If you came over here to nag me you would end up under the patio. Otherwise your Russian paranoia would drive me up the wall lol

By exceptionalist mentality do you mean us Brits think we are incredible? How is that a skewed image? Look at our achievements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

Do you guys think overall the Nazi SS employees weren't happy inside? For example, that video i posted they all showed everyone having a good time... I wonder how much therapy if any happened behind the scenes? THen again, i wonder what a therapist would say under the rule of the Third Reich.

Clearly, many people couldn't really talk about how they feel so im sure they suppressed their emotions with alcohol and group events like that ones we saw in that video.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.