Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

San Francisco: first US city to ban e-cigs

Still Waters

San Francisco has become the first US city to ban sales of e-cigarettes until their health effects are clearer.

Officials on Tuesday voted to ban stores selling the vaporisers and made it illegal for online retailers to deliver to addresses in the city.

The Californian city is home to Juul Labs, the most popular e-cigarette producer in the US.

Juul said the move would drive smokers back to cigarettes and "create a thriving black market".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48752929

So let me get this straight, you can't smoke e-cigs but you can crap on the streets.  There's just something wrong here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Big Brother is watching out for them.  It is a shame what the Liberals have done to that State.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonopahRick said:

So let me get this straight, you can't smoke e-cigs but you can crap on the streets.  There's just something wrong here.

California has well earned the title "The Land of Fruits and Nuts"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Still Waters said:

Juul said the move would drive smokers back to cigarettes and "create a thriving black market".

They're right.  Just as bans on smoking created the vape market, banning them will drive people back to using cigarettes. What possible good can come of this? Isn't it strange that you can smoke weed in California but not vape in SF?  By closing what could be hundreds of stores, with many more employees, the city has just added to it's homeless population.  Rent-earning retail space has been taken from property owners.  The ban on online deliveries is virtually unenforceable.  I wonder how much time city officials spent on this while ignoring all the major problems facing their residents.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

California has well earned the title "The Land of Fruits and Nuts"

Underrated commented :lol:

• Haha 1

San Francisco has become the first US city to ban sales of e-cigarettes until their health effects are clearer.

*Sponsored in part by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

I know several people that have quit smoking cigarettes via vaping, and after that weened themselves off vaping as well. 

I really don't understand how it's the governments business to tell us what we can and can't do with our own bodies.  Ridiculous.  But now that it's happened in CA I'm sure WA will get in a "we are more progressive than you" pi$$ing match, as per usual and try to legalize a similar ban.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TonopahRick said:

So let me get this straight, you can't smoke e-cigs but you can crap on the streets. 

Yeah, but important to know: vegetarians only.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I know several people that have quit smoking cigarettes via vaping, and after that weened themselves off vaping as well. 

I really don't understand how it's the governments business to tell us what we can and can't do with our own bodies.  Ridiculous.  But now that it's happened in CA I'm sure WA will get in a "we are more progressive than you" pi$$ing match, as per usual and try to legalize a similar ban.

It's more corruption, as usual. Government bends to the will of big business (in this case, big tobacco,) who have strategically placed board members at the FDA. The FDA, like the US Patent Office, acts as a corporate controlled gateway to the market. Big tobacco makes some calls, the FDA issues a statement warning against the use of e-juice for health reasons.

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

Next we won't be wiping properly we'll be regulated to 3 squares an "event". :D

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skliss said:

Next we won't be wiping properly we'll be regulated to 3 squares an "event". :D

then we'll do what Indians are doing for thousands of year, have a bucket of water in a bathroom, and use our left hand to wash it after the event. .  they do not touch food with left hand for a reason. at least their own food,

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2019 at 6:53 AM, TonopahRick said:

No plastic straws either, but needles are fine..

Diseased+Streets.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

No plastic straws either, but needles are fine..

Diseased+Streets.jpg

image.jpeg.30878fb236861dfe348b26bef89b2654.jpeg

• Haha 1