Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Germany's Angela Merkel seen shaking again

ExpandMyMind

German Chancellor Angela Merkel was seen trembling once again during a ceremony in Berlin on Thursday, eight days after a similar incident.

Video showed Mrs Merkel, 64, gripping her arms as her body was shaking on Thursday. After about two minutes, she looked steadier and shook hands with the new justice minister.

She was offered a glass of water, but did not drink it.

Mrs Merkel had blamed the previous incident on dehydration.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48784295

Here's a video of the last incident. I actually found it a bit shocking. It looks pretty serious.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

latest video of her shaking again. its obvious she's got health Problems. should stand down and look after herself. she's been political heavyweight of our time.

• Like 3

Poor woman, hope she gets well but it could be she's seen how well Boris is doing in the polls.

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Like 3

At first I thought it was cold and you can see the wind blowing their clothes around but that seems excessive, plus in the French video they looked to be indoors....so, I don't know....that wasn't good!

• Like 1

Alarm bells rang the first time this made the news, I wasn't at all convinced when she said dehydration was the cause. I hope she's under medical supervision about these shakes, it looks serious. The poor woman, I hope she'll be ok.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't she tipped to be the next EU President? Perhaps this is her way of saying no.

Perhaps it's only just dawned on her what she's done. 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, ethereal_scout said:

Wasn't she tipped to be the next EU President? Perhaps this is her way of saying no.

Could be a blessing in disguise then.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ethereal_scout said:

She'd be perfect for that job so I hope whatever it is (I'm thinking fluctuating blood sugar and being simply so tired and so stressed for such a long time), will go away after she takes a break. 

• Like 1

There are so many things that could cause this shaking. I am hoping her doctors will soon be able to determine what is happening and start whatever treatment she needs. 

• Like 2

She's a mover and shaker in more ways than one. Hope it isn't too serious.

• Like 3

Even with her apparent health problems, 

A few months ago Mrs May was condemning Russia for the poisonings. The EU imposed sanctions when condemning Russian activity in Ukraine.

Yesterday Mrs May met Mr Putin and shook his hand. Doing so with a cross look does not  get away from the fact that this was a significant change of stance from the broken relations of recent months.  This was a recognition that the UK needs a relationship with Russia. Germany led the support for the restoration of Russian votes in the Council of Europe, showing they as leader of the EU wishes  to have an improved relationship with Russia. Mrs May appears to be marching in step with Germany.

Crucial to the underlying position is the German and EU decision to press on with Nord Stream 2, a large gas pipeline to sell Russian gas to Germany and the rest of the EU by pipeline under the Baltic Sea. This major commitment will increase continental Europe’s dependence on Russian gas. It undermines the position of the Ukraine, which could lose pipelines revenues for the gas currently routed from Russia to the West via that link. I find it difficult to understand why they wish to undermine the Ukraine in this way when they claim to be so concerned about its fate.

It is difficult to comprehend why we hear the angry words and see the sanctions imposed when Germany is so determined to improve its relations with Russia and keen to increase her dependence on Russian gas. Mrs May may brief that she had a frosty exchange when meeting Mr Putin, but the truth is she met him and shook him by the hand. The EU will carry on complaining about Ukraine, but they have no intention of taking any action to reclaim Crimea which might well vote to stay with Russia should they be given another  vote  supervised  by independent observers. The Russian supervised vote was strongly pro Crimea being part of Russia.

On June 24 with full support from France and Germany Russia’s voting rights in  the  Council of Europe were restored.

Clearly the EU has decided to improve its relations with Russia and to increase its commercial dependence. The rest is just spin.

John Redwood MP.

24 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Even with her apparent health problems, 

A few months ago Mrs May was condemning Russia for the poisonings. The EU imposed sanctions when condemning Russian activity in Ukraine.

Yesterday Mrs May met Mr Putin and shook his hand. Doing so with a cross look does not  get away from the fact that this was a significant change of stance from the broken relations of recent months.  This was a recognition that the UK needs a relationship with Russia. Germany led the support for the restoration of Russian votes in the Council of Europe, showing they as leader of the EU wishes  to have an improved relationship with Russia. Mrs May appears to be marching in step with Germany.

Crucial to the underlying position is the German and EU decision to press on with Nord Stream 2, a large gas pipeline to sell Russian gas to Germany and the rest of the EU by pipeline under the Baltic Sea. This major commitment will increase continental Europe’s dependence on Russian gas. It undermines the position of the Ukraine, which could lose pipelines revenues for the gas currently routed from Russia to the West via that link. I find it difficult to understand why they wish to undermine the Ukraine in this way when they claim to be so concerned about its fate.

It is difficult to comprehend why we hear the angry words and see the sanctions imposed when Germany is so determined to improve its relations with Russia and keen to increase her dependence on Russian gas. Mrs May may brief that she had a frosty exchange when meeting Mr Putin, but the truth is she met him and shook him by the hand. The EU will carry on complaining about Ukraine, but they have no intention of taking any action to reclaim Crimea which might well vote to stay with Russia should they be given another  vote  supervised  by independent observers. The Russian supervised vote was strongly pro Crimea being part of Russia.

On June 24 with full support from France and Germany Russia’s voting rights in  the  Council of Europe were restored.

Clearly the EU has decided to improve its relations with Russia and to increase its commercial dependence. The rest is just spin.

John Redwood MP.

When it comes to Russian naval bases they only have one which gives them access to the Black Sea and the Mediterranean. That one navy base makes the Crimea strategically important to them and without it then Russian forces cannot easily sail to Syria or Iran. The EU trying to bring the Ukraine into its family of nations threatened to upset the geo-political balance of the East Mediterranean so Russia acted. 

It used the coup in Ukraine and laws banning the use of the Russian language as an excuse to acquire the Crimea. Most people living there are Russian or of Russian descent. The region was Russian but was gifted to the Ukraine as a geo-political strategic move when the USSR collapsed. Germany has almost no oil or gas reserves so it is dependent on Russian supply. Germany does not want conflict in the Ukraine, it wants to re-align the EU towards Russia because that relationship is more important to it that the one with the USA and UK. After all, while we buy its cars absolutely nothing runs or gets made without oil and gas.

Edited by RabidMongoose

Thread cleaned

Back on topic please.

Back on topic, she feels fine today and doctors think the latest shaking was caused with unpleasant memory of the first shaking, which was caused with dehydration in extremely hot weather. 

Which is something I thought too. And I also agree with the politician from their Green Party (can't remember her name) who thinks that climate change is part of the reason why Merkel had this unpleasant but probably harmless problem. I can't remember a June so awfully hot and I'm not exactly young. 

28 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Back on topic, she feels fine today and doctors think the latest shaking was caused with unpleasant memory of the first shaking, which was caused with dehydration in extremely hot weather. 

Which is something I thought too. And I also agree with the politician from their Green Party (can't remember her name) who thinks that climate change is part of the reason why Merkel had this unpleasant but probably harmless problem. I can't remember a June so awfully hot and I'm not exactly young. 

Maybe there is something else going on - hypertension.

She is both overweight and old so maybe this is a sign of heart disease.

Edited by RabidMongoose

12 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

It's not really a typical symptom of hypertension.

Are you implying the doctors were deliberately lying? 

I wouldn't go with such conspiracy theory just yet, while there's no reason or indication there's an actual conspiracy going on. 

It looked more like she was determined not to lose consciousness, which her body was about to do, and which is not at all rare in this type of weather, regardless of age.

On 6/29/2019 at 10:36 AM, RabidMongoose said:

not a typical symptom, but who said all symptoms are typical.  i would not believe what doctors say, they said Hillary was perfectly healthy, lol

could be heart disease, diabetes, and dozens of other conditions.  but since she was caught shaking more than once,  imo it is not something  harmless, considering her age, weight, stress levels... 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, aztek said:

not a typical symptom, but who said all symptoms are typical.  i would not believe what doctors say, they said Hillary was perfectly healthy, lol

It's true that American doctors apparently cannot be trusted, since Trump is not only healthy according to them, but he's also not obese :lol: 

Other than that, stay on topic.  

22 hours ago, aztek said:

could be heart disease, diabetes, and dozens of other conditions.  but since she was caught shaking more than once,  imo it is not something  harmless, considering her age, weight, stress levels... 

It apparently is something harmless, since Merkel is touring like nothing happened. Someone less determined to do her job regardless how she feels would simply faint. Which is happening all over Europe, to the young and to the old, thin and fat, in this blasted heat wave.  

But she won't be taking any EU functions just yet, so you can stop hoping so hard for some spectacular disease there, tovarishi. 

• Haha 1

On 02/07/2019 at 6:45 PM, aztek said:

I seem to remember one of her predecessors, who also dreamt of a unified Europe got the shakes towards the end of his 'tenure' as a European supremo.

either way best send for Dr Morrell.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I seem to remember one of her predecessors, who also dreamt of a unified Europe got the shakes towards the end of his 'tenure' as a European supremo.

either way best send for Dr Morrell.

Yep, seems even more meth is required!

• Haha 1

Oh, look, Brexiters comparing Merkel to Hitler. Based on the fact that she's German. How refined and original. 

Please do continue. One can't witness such delicious despair that often.  

54 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Oh, look, Brexiters comparing Merkel to Hitler. Based on the fact that she's German. How refined and original. 

Please do continue. One can't witness such delicious despair that often.  

Get a sense of humour, how did you think the Germans lost theirs.

• Haha 1

• The topic was locked