Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Atlantis Research Charter

Polar

2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Actually I am the truth, if I take you seriously on making me out to be Jesus. But we all stumble in the darkness, and sometimes, by luck, even onto the truth.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

I do not seriously think you are Jesus. 

No one seriously thinks you are Jesus. You’re the [redacted] going around claiming that. It’s so obviously a lie it’s a waste of time for everyone involved. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I find it difficult to believe that Plato would NOT have spotted all the logical inconsistencies in the Bible and the conflicting stance with "predestination" and Plato's own conclusions about what Truth is (the argument about whether something is pious because the gods love it (gods define what is good/pious) or whether the gods love things that are pious( gods recognize something called Good/Pious but are not the source)).

Most of what I've found (that's from "Plato Reincarnated/channeled" seems to run into the same problems -- i.e., they can't manage a Socratic dialogue (and Plato invented those) and they don't demonstrate any awareness of philosophical argument.  I did run into a counter-example, though and it's well-written enough to pass as something from Plato.  And it's a lovely bit of Socratic dialogue and reasoning: https://lovetruthsite.wordpress.com/2018/09/17/the-great-debate-socrates-vs-new-ager-2/

It would be far more interesting if we had claimants of that quality.

Ha! You've been reading Euthyphro?

The kat's claws are getting sharper and cutting deeper. It would be far, much further than far, more productive if we had more astute listeners. Oh well! One must do with what God has given us. And God has been a cheapskate with me.

The gods love what is like themselves. Therefore all of us must strive to be godlike, as much as is humanly possible. And that means you too.

God forgive me for boring you.

17 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

No one seriously thinks you are Jesus. You’re the [redacted] going around claiming that. It’s so obviously a lie it’s a waste of time for everyone involved. 

—Jaylemurph 

Seriously, where, when, and how was this claim made? Where is the evidence?

5 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

The gods love what is like themselves. Therefore all of us must strive to be godlike, as much as is humanly possible. And that means you too.

Except that in a clockwork universe (where prophecy of something 2,000 years in the future is exactly true) the gods are as programmed as the rest of us.  It's like a film; the end is always predestined and every actor, no matter how tiny their part, simply acts to bring about the end of the film.

In a universe where a far distant prophecy is true, the gods love is what they were programmed to love -- which is not consistent from culture to culture.

So in your universe, your exhortation to be godlike is simply a script in a movie.  It's far more shallow than The Cave.

On the other hand, IF there is no such thing as accurate "prophecy at a distance" (to borrow a term) then anything goes.  People can change, fates can change, and the distant future is unknowable, even to deities.

There is no such thing as a "blend" ... the minute you have a free agent acting, they can change the fate of a programmed unit... and that will throw everything off.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Except that in a clockwork universe (where prophecy of something 2,000 years in the future is exactly true) the gods are as programmed as the rest of us.  It's like a film; the end is always predestined and every actor, no matter how tiny their part, simply acts to bring about the end of the film.

In a universe where a far distant prophecy is true, the gods love is what they were programmed to love -- which is not consistent from culture to culture.

So in your universe, your exhortation to be godlike is simply a script in a movie.  It's far more shallow than The Cave.

On the other hand, IF there is no such thing as accurate "prophecy at a distance" (to borrow a term) then anything goes.  People can change, fates can change, and the distant future is unknowable, even to deities.

There is no such thing as a "blend" ... the minute you have a free agent acting, they can change the fate of a programmed unit... and that will throw everything off.

We are talking about and referencing Socrates/Plato? The cave allegory, when viewed from our modern day perspective seems to, uncannily, resemble a film projection on the "silver" screen, and where the spectators (the prisoners) are seated in a movie theater, and all facing the screen.

Yes, basically, it would seems that this physical existence is somewhat like Hollywood. Therefore at the end of the age, all the movies and all actors will be competing for the Oscars, the golden globe, the tony, the lion of Venice,  Palme d'Or of Cannes, or whatever other film awards there are in different parts of the world. The soul, through reincarnation (change of custom) has played many different parts, and in many different films. 

5 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

We are talking about and referencing Socrates/Plato? The cave allegory, when viewed from our modern day perspective seems to, uncannily, resemble a film projection on the "silver" screen, and where the spectators (the prisoners) are seated in a movie theater, and all facing the screen.

Yes, basically, it would seems that this physical existence is somewhat like Hollywood. Therefore at the end of the age, all the movies and all actors will be competing for the Oscars, the golden globe, the tony, the lion of Venice,  Palme d'Or of Cannes, or whatever other film awards there are in different parts of the world. The soul, through reincarnation (change of custom) has played many different parts, and in many different films. 

Wow.

I can see that I will have to try harder to be very clear on my explanations.  Your response was VERY far afield from the discussion point I intended to make.  I'll try again after some sleep.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Wow.

I can see that I will have to try harder to be very clear on my explanations.  Your response was VERY far afield from the discussion point I intended to make.  I'll try again after some sleep.

Happy dreams!

On 7/15/2019 at 3:21 PM, Piney said:

Next week on 'Lets Rewrite History'

The mammoths survived. We domesticated them and the zoonotic disease created by that wiped out the occupants of the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria.

Domesticated then mutated them into Bison. yay

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Peter Cox said:

Domesticated then mutated them into Bison. yay

Not only proving that the Atlanteans were advanced genetic scientists, but also explaining why, at the end of the last glacial, the mammoths became extinct whilst bison numbers, at exactly the same time, soared!  :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Please note the obvious similarities:

016%20Mammals%20of%20the%20pliocene%20er

You can tell from those curly things.

This is also an illustration of the quantum leap in minceability the animal experienced due to the Atlantean genetic modification.

Harte

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Harte said:

This is also an illustration of the quantum leap in minceability the animal experienced due to the Atlantean genetic modification.

Harte

Rupert noted that Atlanteans were very much into engastration* and your illustration got him started on 'great meals' he had seen or eaten. First you start with a mammoth and end with a shrew.

Yum!

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engastration

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

end with a shrew.

Then you use the "Red Race" to feed them with.:(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harte said:

Harte

I should also like to point out that on the bison, horns were covered with keratin (and were not bare bone) so the color is probably not white (or another pale color) since it grows out of dark-colored skin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I should also like to point out that on the bison, horns were covered with keratin (and were not bare bone) so the color is probably not white (or another pale color) since it grows out of dark-colored skin. 

The Greeks made their first helmets out of boar tusk ivory, so I'm certain Plato knew the difference between ivory and horn. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Greeks made their first helmets out of boar tusk ivory, so I'm certain Plato knew the difference between ivory and horn. 

Teeth (tusks) are extremely hardy and quite different than horns in durability and structure.  Any helmet made out of horn is not going to do a lot of good in battle.  It might LOOK pretty, but it's not going to be a lot of use.  You'd do better with good leather.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2019 at 9:16 PM, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

Sorry I missed this earlier, Certainly not Jesus - I would think Nabal

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Teeth (tusks) are extremely hardy and quite different than horns in durability and structure.  Any helmet made out of horn is not going to do a lot of good in battle.  It might LOOK pretty, but it's not going to be a lot of use.  You'd do better with good leather.

The Eastern Iranians did make horn lamellar armor, which they passed on to other Steppe Cultures. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Rupert noted that Atlanteans were very much into engastration* and your illustration got him started on 'great meals' he had seen or eaten. First you start with a mammoth and end with a shrew.

Yum!

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engastration

Still easier to believe than Petty is Plato. 

Or Jesus. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

An unfortunate and unforseen consequence of the mutation process.

Harte

5 hours ago, Piney said:

The Eastern Iranians did make horn lamellar armor, which they passed on to other Steppe Cultures. 

Interesting.  I know it was used as a lamellate in making bows.  But the plain sheets of keratin aren't going to do much good against any sort of blow.  Do you have a link?  I'm seeing horn used only in weapons (hilts and the like).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Interesting.  I know it was used as a lamellate in making bows.  But the plain sheets of keratin aren't going to do much good against any sort of blow.  Do you have a link?  I'm seeing horn used only in weapons (hilts and the like).

Just a aside in this Wiki article. My friend's website on the Steppe and it's archaeology is offline

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Lamellar_armour.html

Lamellae can be made of metal, leather cuir bouilli, horn, stone, bone or more exotic substances. Metal lamellae may be lacquered to resist corrosion or for decoration. Unlike scale armour, which it resembles, lamellar armour is not attached to a cloth or leather backing (although it is typically worn over a padded undergarment).

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

http://web.prm.ox.ac.uk/weapons/index.php/tour-by-region/asia/asia/arms-and-armour-asia-79/index.html

I knew I saw it somewhere other than Smithsonian. :yes:

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 9:12 AM, Essan said:

Not only proving that the Atlanteans were advanced genetic scientists, but also explaining why, at the end of the last glacial, the mammoths became extinct whilst bison numbers, at exactly the same time, soared!  :D 

Not forgetting if we take into account that Greenland is Atlantis, and it just floats around on-top the sea it would explain how them Bison got to the US. Its all coming together well.

• Like 6

Greenland, the mincing bison ferry.

Harte

• Like 3
  • Haha 2