Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Polar

The Atlantis Research Charter

695 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

jaylemurph
2 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

Actually I am the truth, if I take you seriously on making me out to be Jesus. But we all stumble in the darkness, and sometimes, by luck, even onto the truth.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

 

 

I do not seriously think you are Jesus. 

No one seriously thinks you are Jesus. You’re the [redacted] going around claiming that. It’s so obviously a lie it’s a waste of time for everyone involved. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
6 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I find it difficult to believe that Plato would NOT have spotted all the logical inconsistencies in the Bible and the conflicting stance with "predestination" and Plato's own conclusions about what Truth is (the argument about whether something is pious because the gods love it (gods define what is good/pious) or whether the gods love things that are pious( gods recognize something called Good/Pious but are not the source)).

Most of what I've found (that's from "Plato Reincarnated/channeled" seems to run into the same problems -- i.e., they can't manage a Socratic dialogue (and Plato invented those) and they don't demonstrate any awareness of philosophical argument.  I did run into a counter-example, though and it's well-written enough to pass as something from Plato.  And it's a lovely bit of Socratic dialogue and reasoning: https://lovetruthsite.wordpress.com/2018/09/17/the-great-debate-socrates-vs-new-ager-2/

It would be far more interesting if we had claimants of that quality.

Ha! You've been reading Euthyphro?

The kat's claws are getting sharper and cutting deeper. It would be far, much further than far, more productive if we had more astute listeners. Oh well! One must do with what God has given us. And God has been a cheapskate with me.

The gods love what is like themselves. Therefore all of us must strive to be godlike, as much as is humanly possible. And that means you too.

God forgive me for boring you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
17 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I do not seriously think you are Jesus. 

No one seriously thinks you are Jesus. You’re the [redacted] going around claiming that. It’s so obviously a lie it’s a waste of time for everyone involved. 

—Jaylemurph 

Seriously, where, when, and how was this claim made? Where is the evidence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
5 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

The gods love what is like themselves. Therefore all of us must strive to be godlike, as much as is humanly possible. And that means you too.

Except that in a clockwork universe (where prophecy of something 2,000 years in the future is exactly true) the gods are as programmed as the rest of us.  It's like a film; the end is always predestined and every actor, no matter how tiny their part, simply acts to bring about the end of the film.

In a universe where a far distant prophecy is true, the gods love is what they were programmed to love -- which is not consistent from culture to culture.

So in your universe, your exhortation to be godlike is simply a script in a movie.  It's far more shallow than The Cave.

On the other hand, IF there is no such thing as accurate "prophecy at a distance" (to borrow a term) then anything goes.  People can change, fates can change, and the distant future is unknowable, even to deities.

There is no such thing as a "blend" ... the minute you have a free agent acting, they can change the fate of a programmed unit... and that will throw everything off.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
1 hour ago, Kenemet said:

Except that in a clockwork universe (where prophecy of something 2,000 years in the future is exactly true) the gods are as programmed as the rest of us.  It's like a film; the end is always predestined and every actor, no matter how tiny their part, simply acts to bring about the end of the film.

In a universe where a far distant prophecy is true, the gods love is what they were programmed to love -- which is not consistent from culture to culture.

So in your universe, your exhortation to be godlike is simply a script in a movie.  It's far more shallow than The Cave.

On the other hand, IF there is no such thing as accurate "prophecy at a distance" (to borrow a term) then anything goes.  People can change, fates can change, and the distant future is unknowable, even to deities.

There is no such thing as a "blend" ... the minute you have a free agent acting, they can change the fate of a programmed unit... and that will throw everything off.

 

We are talking about and referencing Socrates/Plato? The cave allegory, when viewed from our modern day perspective seems to, uncannily, resemble a film projection on the "silver" screen, and where the spectators (the prisoners) are seated in a movie theater, and all facing the screen.

Yes, basically, it would seems that this physical existence is somewhat like Hollywood. Therefore at the end of the age, all the movies and all actors will be competing for the Oscars, the golden globe, the tony, the lion of Venice,  Palme d'Or of Cannes, or whatever other film awards there are in different parts of the world. The soul, through reincarnation (change of custom) has played many different parts, and in many different films. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
5 minutes ago, Pettytalk said:

We are talking about and referencing Socrates/Plato? The cave allegory, when viewed from our modern day perspective seems to, uncannily, resemble a film projection on the "silver" screen, and where the spectators (the prisoners) are seated in a movie theater, and all facing the screen.

Yes, basically, it would seems that this physical existence is somewhat like Hollywood. Therefore at the end of the age, all the movies and all actors will be competing for the Oscars, the golden globe, the tony, the lion of Venice,  Palme d'Or of Cannes, or whatever other film awards there are in different parts of the world. The soul, through reincarnation (change of custom) has played many different parts, and in many different films. 

 

Wow.

I can see that I will have to try harder to be very clear on my explanations.  Your response was VERY far afield from the discussion point I intended to make.  I'll try again after some sleep.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pettytalk
12 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Wow.

I can see that I will have to try harder to be very clear on my explanations.  Your response was VERY far afield from the discussion point I intended to make.  I'll try again after some sleep.

Happy dreams!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter Cox
On 7/15/2019 at 3:21 PM, Piney said:

Next week on 'Lets Rewrite History'

The mammoths survived. We domesticated them and the zoonotic disease created by that wiped out the occupants of the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria.

Domesticated then mutated them into Bison. yay

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
11 minutes ago, Peter Cox said:

Domesticated then mutated them into Bison. yay

Not only proving that the Atlanteans were advanced genetic scientists, but also explaining why, at the end of the last glacial, the mammoths became extinct whilst bison numbers, at exactly the same time, soared!  :D 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte

Please note the obvious similarities:

016%20Mammals%20of%20the%20pliocene%20er

You can tell from those curly things.

This is also an illustration of the quantum leap in minceability the animal experienced due to the Atlantean genetic modification.

Harte

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
29 minutes ago, Harte said:

Please note the obvious similarities:

016%20Mammals%20of%20the%20pliocene%20er

You can tell from those curly things.

This is also an illustration of the quantum leap in minceability the animal experienced due to the Atlantean genetic modification.

Harte

Rupert noted that Atlanteans were very much into engastration* and your illustration got him started on 'great meals' he had seen or eaten. First you start with a mammoth and end with a shrew.

Yum!

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engastration

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Hanslune said:

end with a shrew.

Then you use the "Red Race" to feed them with.:(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
2 hours ago, Harte said:

Please note the obvious similarities:

016%20Mammals%20of%20the%20pliocene%20er

You can tell from those curly things.

This is also an illustration of the quantum leap in minceability the animal experienced due to the Atlantean genetic modification.

Harte

I should also like to point out that on the bison, horns were covered with keratin (and were not bare bone) so the color is probably not white (or another pale color) since it grows out of dark-colored skin. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
23 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

I should also like to point out that on the bison, horns were covered with keratin (and were not bare bone) so the color is probably not white (or another pale color) since it grows out of dark-colored skin. 

 

The Greeks made their first helmets out of boar tusk ivory, so I'm certain Plato knew the difference between ivory and horn. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
4 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Greeks made their first helmets out of boar tusk ivory, so I'm certain Plato knew the difference between ivory and horn. 

Teeth (tusks) are extremely hardy and quite different than horns in durability and structure.  Any helmet made out of horn is not going to do a lot of good in battle.  It might LOOK pretty, but it's not going to be a lot of use.  You'd do better with good leather.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanslune
On 7/15/2019 at 9:16 PM, jaylemurph said:

I do not seriously think you are Jesus. 

No one seriously thinks you are Jesus. You’re the [redacted] going around claiming that. It’s so obviously a lie it’s a waste of time for everyone involved. 

—Jaylemurph 

Sorry I missed this earlier, Certainly not Jesus - I would think Nabal

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
17 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Teeth (tusks) are extremely hardy and quite different than horns in durability and structure.  Any helmet made out of horn is not going to do a lot of good in battle.  It might LOOK pretty, but it's not going to be a lot of use.  You'd do better with good leather.

The Eastern Iranians did make horn lamellar armor, which they passed on to other Steppe Cultures. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jaylemurph
3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Rupert noted that Atlanteans were very much into engastration* and your illustration got him started on 'great meals' he had seen or eaten. First you start with a mammoth and end with a shrew.

Yum!

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engastration

Still easier to believe than Petty is Plato. 

Or Jesus. 

—Jaylemurph 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
3 hours ago, Hanslune said:

Yum!

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole_stuffed_camel 

I'm going to try this with a buffalo, mule deer, baby pygmy goat and a pheasant. :yes:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte
2 hours ago, Kenemet said:

I should also like to point out that on the bison, horns were covered with keratin (and were not bare bone) so the color is probably not white (or another pale color) since it grows out of dark-colored skin.

An unfortunate and unforseen consequence of the mutation process.

Harte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kenemet
5 hours ago, Piney said:

The Eastern Iranians did make horn lamellar armor, which they passed on to other Steppe Cultures. 

Interesting.  I know it was used as a lamellate in making bows.  But the plain sheets of keratin aren't going to do much good against any sort of blow.  Do you have a link?  I'm seeing horn used only in weapons (hilts and the like).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
16 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Interesting.  I know it was used as a lamellate in making bows.  But the plain sheets of keratin aren't going to do much good against any sort of blow.  Do you have a link?  I'm seeing horn used only in weapons (hilts and the like).

Just a aside in this Wiki article. My friend's website on the Steppe and it's archaeology is offline

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Lamellar_armour.html

Quote

Lamellae can be made of metal, leather cuir bouilli, horn, stone, bone or more exotic substances. Metal lamellae may be lacquered to resist corrosion or for decoration. Unlike scale armour, which it resembles, lamellar armour is not attached to a cloth or leather backing (although it is typically worn over a padded undergarment).

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
41 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

Interesting.  I know it was used as a lamellate in making bows.  But the plain sheets of keratin aren't going to do much good against any sort of blow.  Do you have a link?  I'm seeing horn used only in weapons (hilts and the like).

http://web.prm.ox.ac.uk/weapons/index.php/tour-by-region/asia/asia/arms-and-armour-asia-79/index.html

I knew I saw it somewhere other than Smithsonian. :yes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peter Cox
On 7/17/2019 at 9:12 AM, Essan said:

Not only proving that the Atlanteans were advanced genetic scientists, but also explaining why, at the end of the last glacial, the mammoths became extinct whilst bison numbers, at exactly the same time, soared!  :D 

Not forgetting if we take into account that Greenland is Atlantis, and it just floats around on-top the sea it would explain how them Bison got to the US. Its all coming together well.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Harte

Greenland, the mincing bison ferry.

Harte

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.