Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Breatharian' says she fasts for up to 97 days

Still Waters

A so-called breatharian has spoken out about her controversial lifestyle, which sometimes sees her fasting for as many as 97 days in a row.

Audra Bear, 25, is an advocate of breatharianism, also known as pranic living – a lifestyle practice of going without food and in some cases without water.

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/breatharian-lives-off-air-162135514.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to 'Breatharian' says she fasts for up to 97 days

It certainly would cut down on the market purchases...

Maybe she chops food up really fine and then just tosses it and "breaths" it into her mouth? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder what people dying in famines think about breatharians.

• Like 3

Like a lot of things that young people do, I bet she seriously regrets doing this later in life. Fasting for weeks will eat away at your musculature, including your heart and diaphragm.

8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Like a lot of things that young people do, I bet she seriously regrets doing this later in life. Fasting for weeks will eat away at your musculature, including your heart and diaphragm.

That's just it, she's not fasting for weeks. She is just lying or the entire story is a hoax. Nobody fasts for weeks and those that do fast for long periods of time experience very detrimental side effects. 

I'd like to see this women in a controlled environment to prove her claims. 

Some people consider fasting not to be going without ANY food, but eating a very small amount of food 3 times a day. Or a  very small amount of a specified food, vegetarian possibly.

Breatharians aren't meant to eat any food.  They're all fake anyway.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

I'd like to see this women in a controlled environment to prove her claims. 

Really ? It would be entirely predictable, these people are either exhibitionists or mentally ill, or both.

I'd be interested in seeing some pictures before her supposed fast. A fast lasting that long would literally be impossible unless she was morbidly obese before. That'll tell you what you need to know, right there. Science is science and you can't break the law of thermodynamics; your body must draw energy from SOMEwhere in the absence of food. First, your glycogen stores would be depleted. Then fat stores, then lean body mass. She would've been dead a long time ago had she truly attempted what she claimed she did.