Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost Hunters' TV show is back from the dead

UM-Bot

I was a fan of the original Ghost Hunters and one of the draws was the teasing and kidding around amongst the team members. After Grant left, it was not the same...we have too many paranormal programs on TV now. It's getting old and in some cases down right silly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, cathya said:

down right silly.

:yes:

• Like 1

Eh, I prefer my supernatural fiction with actors, writers, and cool SFX.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY!     More popcorn and cuddle blanket time for me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Seti42 said:

Eh, I prefer my supernatural fiction with actors, writers, and cool SFX.

and lots of gore. 

chainsaw-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Haha 2

I used to watch this show all the time. Towards the end I just used it to help me fall asleep. I’d DVR it, hit play and 2 minutes later I’d be asleep. :lol:

• Haha 1

I liked the old show in its early days because they tried to debunk things but began to feel it was a ploy to draw in more viewers. Why did Grant originally leave? Someone told me it was because the network wanted them to fake things and he disagreed but that is hearsay and possibly B.S. someone on a message board said that once.

• Like 1

I thought the show was interesting, I liked how they tried to debunk things during the show. But, I suspect that some of the noises heard off camera were not real. I did however, like the ghost image they caught in the prison they were investigating, don't remember which episode it was. 

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skulduggery said:

Why did Grant originally leave? Someone told me it was because the network wanted them to fake things and he disagreed but that is hearsay and possibly B.S. someone on a message board said that once.

Grant left because he was fed up with all the travels, long nights of investigating and not spending enough time with his family. After 8 years on the network that was understandable. Also, he has other interests; board game design is something he wanted to invest time on.

Edited by crookedspiral
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, crookedspiral said:

Grant left because he was fed up with all the travels, long nights of investigating and not spending enough time with his family. After 8 years on the network that was understandable. Also, he has other interests; board game design is something he wanted to invest time on.

Board game design is interesting. Neat.

5 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Some things should just stay dead... 

Kinda like the Dinosaurs, I read somewhere they were trying clone one I suspect it a big mistake.

14 hours ago, Piney said:

and lots of gore. 

chainsaw-smiley-emoticon.gif

If only i think they investigated borgvattnet vicarage which is said to be the most haunted place in sweden.

• Like 1

Good entertainment but Ghosthunting will never be accepted by mainstream Science.

So Jason has a new show called Ghost Nation with Tango and Steve on Travel Channel and now Grant has a new Ghost Hunters on A&E? I wonder how Grant ended up with the brand name and why he and Jason didn't just hook back up for one new show..

I always wondered why they split up. No one ever said why Grant left the show.

Well, I'll have to look up Ghost Nation on the Travel Channel.Hadn't heard anything about this.Just happend to be watching A&E, think it was Homestead rescue or some other show, and saw the ad. Looking forward to seeing it. Also will watch Ghost Nation. By the way did anyone watch this  week's new episode of Ghost Adventures?

Good thing I cancelled my cable tv service.

Nothing to watch and even the stations I liked had gone down the porcelain commode.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, UM-Bot said:

'Ghost Hunters' TV show is back from the dead

I hope all the militant skeptics believe in reincarnation now.

• Haha 1

ghost, bigfoot, aliens, treasure etc "hunter" shows never ever nap what they are hunting

shrug.gif.c4d64f5475a9213fdcbdbdccfceb2330.gif

My best friend and her husband stayed two nights at The Southern Mansion in Cape May NJ. When she booked it she had no idea it was allegedly "haunted".  When they arrived their room wasn't ready, they decided to explore the town and go to dinner. Arriving back to the hotel the film crew for Ghost Hunters was setting their equipment up. She didn't have any sort of paranormal experiences those two nights. 

About a month later a client came into our office and we were talking about where we vacationed that summer. He said he and his family stayed at at a Bed & Breakfast in Cape May. I asked him if it was anywhere near the Southern Mansion. he said no, but he had in the past and it was actually a friend of his who owned it. Of course I asked him if it were true about it being haunted. He smiled , shook his head and said NOooooooooo.  That was the only episode of Ghost Hunters I ever watched .

everything was a bit too much on that show, they would always see something when the camera wasn't on them and that was frustrating, then at one point the started using body cameras and then wouldn't ya know those ghosts they were constantly seeing when the cameras werent on , were no longer being seen.  The show is great entertainment , but 30 minutes of, WOOO WHAT WAS THAT ! and DID YA HEAR THAT ! or the, woah something just scratched my back, and the odd creaking noises, just got old for me fast, there was one smoking hot female they had on the show I figured they brought in just to keep younger people interested..  The E.V.P recordings at the end were interesting but being a TV show one is better off with it being hoaxed for the show and nothing more.  I agree with others that it is more enjoyable as entertainment and something to fall asleep too.

I would find private investigators of the paranormal a bit more credible than something put together for t.v .