Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US Pre-emptive patent on theoretical aircraft

Ironside

I've decided to stick around and poke some more proverbial bears... What are your thoughts on this one? Pre-emptive measure or something more?   https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28729/docs-show-navy-got-ufo-patent-granted-by-warning-of-similar-chinese-tech-advances  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7194019/U-S-Navy-patents-theoretical-ship-bends-physics-speed-air-water-space.html?fbclid=IwAR2gqHYBDeYw9BJ6mE7ZolQrdG3cvfY4u7rRaejw0hZrp8obcwyuaUa5k_c

Please excuse The Daily Mail link

Much love,

Ironside.

P.S Thanks for the words of support. You know who you are. ^_^

Edited by Ironside
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The thing with patents seems to be that all you have to do is so that no one else has come up with the idea and that it may be theoretically possible, you don't need to be able to prove that you've managed to construct the thing you're patenting or that it's actually possible to build it at all. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

The thing with patents seems to be that all you have to do is so that no one else has come up with the idea and that it may be theoretically possible, you don't need to be able to prove that you've managed to construct the thing you're patenting or that it's actually possible to build it at all. 

That seems like a really large net to be "fishing" with.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

No i think you need to be able to prove it would works otherwise whats the point. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Im aware of this.. Thats why i said pre-emptive as stated in the article it appears china has invested significantly in this sort of tech and the US are just gearing up to compete. Just like the space race with russia.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

No i think you need to be able to prove it would works otherwise whats the point. 

prove that it would work in theory, yes, but not necessarily that it'd be possible to build it with the technology currently available 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

prove that it would work in theory, yes, but not necessarily that it'd be possible to build it with the technology currently available 

in theory yes. my bad. 

6 minutes ago, Ironside said:

Im aware of this.. Thats why i said pre-emptive as stated in the article it appears china has invested significantly in this sort of tech and the US are just gearing up to compete. Just like the space race with russia.

perhaps China has pre-empted them by actually building it already, but they haven't patented it (China rarely seeming to have too much concern about patents and who has exclusive rights to the design of things) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

perhaps China has pre-empted them by actually building it already, but they haven't patented it (China rarely seeming to have too much concern about patents and who has exclusive rights to the design of things) 

Ah yes, the glory of western materialism. I would love if china has built the thing but on the other hand terrified of the next global conflict if they have considering i'm but a stones throw from Beijing :ph34r:

58 minutes ago, Ironside said:

I've decided to stick around and poke some more proverbial bears... What are your thoughts on this one? Pre-emptive measure or something more?   https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28729/docs-show-navy-got-ufo-patent-granted-by-warning-of-similar-chinese-tech-advances  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-7194019/U-S-Navy-patents-theoretical-ship-bends-physics-speed-air-water-space.html?fbclid=IwAR2gqHYBDeYw9BJ6mE7ZolQrdG3cvfY4u7rRaejw0hZrp8obcwyuaUa5k_c

Much love,

Ironside.

It's pretty dam interesting, but it seem to be against patent law. I am pretty sure you have to present a working prototype to receive a patent. But who knows it is the Government we are talking about maybe these rules don't apply to them.:blink:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's pretty dam interesting, but it seem to be against patent law. I am pretty sure you have to present a working prototype to receive a patent. But who knows it is the Government we are talking about maybe these rules don't apply to them.:blink:

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20060145019A1/en I mean this patent exists aswell, i am totally unfamiliar with patent law so i don't want to speculate but it seems like this is a private entity without a working prototype.

Edited by Ironside

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

It's pretty dam interesting, but it seem to be against patent law. I am pretty sure you have to present a working prototype to receive a patent.

No prototype necessary:

Many inventors wonder if they need a prototype prior to patenting an invention.  The simple answer is “no’.  A prototype is not required prior to filing a patent application with the U.S. Patent Office.

link

But who knows it is the Government we are talking about maybe these rules don't apply to them.:blink:

The patent in discussion state "hybrid aerospace-underwater craft" claimed to be capable of truly extraordinary feats of speed and maneuverability in air, water, and outer space alike thanks to a revolutionary electromagnetic propulsion system." Such system/technology would be subject to defence and national security, so it would never go public.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, toast said:

No prototype necessary:

The patent in discussion state "hybrid aerospace-underwater craft" claimed to be capable of truly extraordinary feats of speed and maneuverability in air, water, and outer space alike thanks to a revolutionary electromagnetic propulsion system." Such system/technology would be subject to defence and national security, so it would never go public.

Thanks for the correction.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, toast said:

No prototype necessary:

Excellent point.

@toast You seem highly intelligent, i'm interested what your take on these patents actually is. e.g are they just scooping up any hypothetical technology to upsurp anyone else having a legal grip on it IF any of it is actually possible or what?

Edited by Ironside
  • Like 1

Maybe the Navy is filing such seemingly sci-fi patents to shut down anyone else who actually tries to patent such things. Or maybe they are looking to keep an eye on anyone who tries to develop and/or patent something similar.
Or this is just a smoke screen to keep us from looking into their REAL project: Training Nessies to stealth-ferry Bigfoots into China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea.

Edited by Seti42
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, toast said:

No prototype necessary:

The requirement for a working prototype (or not) varies from country to country.

• Thanks 1

hmm... patenting ideas of maybe things... whoa.  Or perhaps it's a case of...

Colonel Karen:  "Crap! How do we patent this, without revealing we're already using it

Lt. Liza:  "We could play the 'Chinese threat' angle, that seems the palatable-pablum-flavor-of-the-month."

Colonel Karen:  "Alright, get it done."

Aside from the impact potential of this particular patent and its ramifications, (which are myriad)... I'm brought back again to what I find even more significant, and that is, of all the myriad major inventions throughout human history, just how many were developed by multiple parties concurrently, often with no knowledge of each other's work.  It's staggering.  Puts me loosely in mind of notions of morphic fields and shared thinking.  That aside it seems; when conditions support a process, it arises seemingly spontaneously... like life.  Not only does it arise, but it is seemingly not possible to impede.  What will out, will out.

From where do solutions to long pursued problems arise?  What is the origin of thought?  Einstein talked plainly of the importance of imagination and inspiration over knowledge.  He didn't memorize formulas... that's what books are for... he cultivated the process of unfolding realization and play. 

Diligent pursuit of a solution to a problem, or a resolution to a situation, pursued for hours, for days, maybe for months, in some cases years... how often does a solution arise in the midst of intense, great effort?  And how often when one needs a break, through either exhaustion or exasperation; and one lets go, heads outside for a walk, or a smoke, or draws a bath and then when no longer trying to bite the bull, in the calm gap between thoughts.... <realization>  inspiration floods the mind spontaneously with a fully realized solution.  The bull is pierced only when letting go and realization unfolds like candlelight in a cavern.

of course, all that pales in comparison for me to:

life spontaneously arising from the cooling conditions of plasmic expulsions of supernovas... 

• Like 2

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 7:24 AM, Ironside said:

Much love,

Ironside.

Looking at the designs and media commentary it appears to be based on a unified field theory.

Einstein failed to get gravity to unify with electromagnetism but the UFO design seems to be based on it being possible. An electromagnetic field created around the ship dampening down the strength of gravity. Mind you I have heard of experiments showing an interaction between gravity and electromagnetism so it doesnt really surprise me.

Go find a bridge, stand someone at the bottom, you stand at the top with two identically shaped and sized objects to drop. Take two magnets, bring their opposing poles together, cellotape in that position. Put them inside one of the objects and drop both at the same time. The one with the magnets in will take longer because the electromagnetic field around it dampens down gravity.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

It seems rather like a hoax to me.  Unheard of new capabilities in defense systems are not usually advertised or patented.  What country would respect patents if they were in a war for survival?

• Like 2

On 6/30/2019 at 7:46 AM, Captain Risky said:

in theory yes. my bad. 

In the name of the holy cow all is forgiven