Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Daughter’s Yellow-Eyed Monster

SoCrazy

My daughter is now 4 years old but has refused to sleep in her bedroom for over a year and a half now. She insisted around the time she stopped sleeping in it that she was being visited by a monster at night, and of course, I was dismissive because of her age. I should’ve paid more attention because around the same time, my 9 year old son was claiming visits from his recently passed Grandfather which were all but 100% verified through playing the “question and answer” game with him and my deceased stepdad. My husband’s family has the genetic predisposition toward the gift of “sight” and we’ve realized my son is definitely a sensitive. We also ran into problems immediately with my son being terrorized by other entities he claimed were swearing at him and keeping him awake at night when all this first started happening. When my daughter first complained about her monster, I never asked for specifics like I finally just received from her. She told me now that her monster was all black with huge yellow eyes and would come into her room to stare at her over her crib railing. He purposely scared her, but it sounds more to me like it has an interest in her and may be demonic. When I did a Google search, the ONLY hit that came close was a post on here from August, 2007 from a woman (curious19) who had an almost identical experience to my daughter. The weirder part of that is she also said it happened in an old farmhouse (like mine) that in the middle of the night sounded like people were up and walking around in other rooms. This is nuts because we’ve been experiencing this EXACT phenomena for at least a couple years now. I’m talking about footsteps where I would go to the room I heard it in the first 2 months to see which kid was awake needing help with whatever and find them passed out sound asleep. The similarities are downright frightening. I’m new here, don’t know how this works exactly, but any advice would be appreciated!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, SoCrazy said:

I should’ve paid more attention because around the same time, my 9 year old son was claiming visits from his recently passed Grandfather which were all but 100% verified through playing the “question and answer” game with him and my deceased stepdad. 

This is particularly interesting as one interested in the objective consideration of the paranormal.

Now I am a believer that the paranormal might be rare but not all that rare either. It does sound like activity is likely occurring and your big concern is the mental well-being of your daughter.  From afar and not being particularly psychic myself, I am one to believe that one can consider the impressions and advice of psychic people experienced in such affairs.

I know there are various 'banishment' and 'protective' techniques that can be found over the internet but I am not the expert on such things.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, SoCrazy said:

we’ve realized my son is definitely a sensitive. We also ran into problems immediately with my son being terrorized by other entities he claimed were swearing at him and keeping him awake at night when all this first started happening. When my daughter first complained about her monster, I never asked for specifics like I finally just received from her. She told me now that her monster was all black with huge yellow eyes and would come into her room to stare at her over her crib railing.

He purposely scared her, but it sounds more to me like it has an interest in her and may be demonic.

There is no such thing as demons and they are experiencing subconscious thought forms and your beliefs are empowering it.

You and your family can banish it yourselves but you have to believe you can.

You can also use any technique because it's all about your focus, intention and belief. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

It does sound a lot like feeding the imagination, not just of the kids, but the whole family. Memetics man, easiest way to let thoughts get carried away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It does sound a lot like feeding the imagination, not just of the kids, but the whole family. Memetics man, easiest way to let thoughts get carried away.

Exactly, They are re-enforcing it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SoCrazy said:

My daughter is now 4 years old but has refused to sleep in her bedroom for over a year and a half now. She insisted around the time she stopped sleeping in it that she was being visited by a monster at night, and of course, I was dismissive because of her age. I should’ve paid more attention because around the same time, my 9 year old son was claiming visits from his recently passed Grandfather which were all but 100% verified through playing the “question and answer” game with him and my deceased stepdad. My husband’s family has the genetic predisposition toward the gift of “sight” and we’ve realized my son is definitely a sensitive. We also ran into problems immediately with my son being terrorized by other entities he claimed were swearing at him and keeping him awake at night when all this first started happening. When my daughter first complained about her monster, I never asked for specifics like I finally just received from her. She told me now that her monster was all black with huge yellow eyes and would come into her room to stare at her over her crib railing. He purposely scared her, but it sounds more to me like it has an interest in her and may be demonic. When I did a Google search, the ONLY hit that came close was a post on here from August, 2007 from a woman (curious19) who had an almost identical experience to my daughter. The weirder part of that is she also said it happened in an old farmhouse (like mine) that in the middle of the night sounded like people were up and walking around in other rooms. This is nuts because we’ve been experiencing this EXACT phenomena for at least a couple years now. I’m talking about footsteps where I would go to the room I heard it in the first 2 months to see which kid was awake needing help with whatever and find them passed out sound asleep. The similarities are downright frightening. I’m new here, don’t know how this works exactly, but any advice would be appreciated!

Is it possible that you are living in the same farmhouse that Curious19 was?

I don’t know if she is experiencing a thought form, or an actual independent entity. I’m one of the few around here that believe both are possible. 

Either way though the advice on banishment is a good one. There are many ways to do this. Try to find one you can relate to, believe it will work, and it will. You may end up having to do it again in a few months. Sometimes it can be tough to rid yourself of these things completely.  At least the first time.  

Good luck, and I hope your daughter isn’t to traumatized. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

"The Old Farmhouse having ghosts idea"  is another thing that's hammered into the American collective consciousness.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Piney said:

"The Old Farmhouse having ghosts idea"  is another thing that's hammered into the American collective consciousness.

Ha, funny you said that. My Mom used to own this old farm house. There was this huge barn with a silo. 

I used to work on cars and refinish furniture in there.

Every once in a while I’d get this really heavy feeling, and would also get this strong feeling I was being watched. That was rare for me, so I made a mental note of it. 

Come to find out two different people hung them selves in that barn. I don’t know if that had anything to do with the feelings I got in there, but I remember not being surprised to find that out. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Come to find out two different people hung them selves in that barn. I don’t know if that had anything to do with the feelings I got in there, but I remember not being surprised to find that out. 

That kinda leaves a mark.

I had both a three times great aunt and great great uncle die in childhood on the 3rd floor. They left a little "stain" in the atmosphere. 

We use to have their "dead baby" pictures on the walls. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piney said:

That kinda leaves a mark.

I had both a three times great aunt and great great uncle die in childhood on the 3rd floor. They left a little "stain" in the atmosphere. 

We use to have their "dead baby" pictures on the walls. 

Ouch. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Ouch. 

Gets better...

Family plot right in the walnut grove next to the foundation of the original house which burned down in 1809 killing another relative. Hit a Late Woodland bundle burial in the pasture while running irrigation (main field was a huge Indian site now historically preserved).

When you've been on the same property since 1735 it build up. :yes:

• Like 5

"Demons don't exist."

Your personal opinion. I disagree.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, SoCrazy said:

She insisted around the time she stopped sleeping in it that she was being visited by a monster at night,

Hi, at 4 years old, how did your daughter know about monsters, that will include knowing the word? 

She told me now that her monster was all black with huge yellow eyes and would come into her room to stare at her over her crib railing. He purposely scared her, but it sounds more to me like it has an interest in her and may be demonic

Does sound like someone is feeder her info she should not be introduced to at that age.

There are no demons, only those in ones imagination.

I think you need to speak to your son and do not encourage this idea of sight upon him.

my 9 year old son was claiming visits from his recently passed Grandfather which were all but 100% verified through playing the “question and answer”

? Sorry what ? 

Missing a recently lost love one is not a game to be played . I have no doubts he felt he had a visit, questioning him is not the best way of helping him deal with the lost.

There is nothing new about people claiming visits soon after losing someone, it is an emotional,  memory and dealing with it thing which humans do. It is not a gift, it is one of many ways people deal with death.

Edited by freetoroam

Thanks for all the replies. So I was ready for the “demons don’t exist” and “the kids are feeding into it” responses. My situation is this: I have an advanced degree in psychology and choose not to show ANY response or emotional reactions to what my kids have said in the past. I know how they enjoy and crave their parents’ attention. I’m SUCH a skeptic that I never believed any of my son’s claims he was in contact with my deceased stepdad until I just couldn’t deny that he knew things he shouldn’t anymore. The questions I asked him were of the conversations he was freely talking about having with him. My stepdad’ passing was no game in our lives, it was traumatic being the circumstances and my stepdad’s age. Not to mention his ridiculous love for my son. Anyway, because of our lack of reinforcements to the topic and my son hating the visitors he kept receiving, he chose to ignore them best he could (his words). After time passed and more normalcy returned again, this yellow-eyed creature starts harassing my daughter in her crib JUST like curious19’s experience? That’s just too weird for me and not weird for a 4 year old to equate scariness with a “monster”. Kindergarten starts in 2 months people and she’s seen Monsters, Inc. like most kids. Curious19’s post I’m referring to is now closed and I’d love to contact her, but don’t know how. I don’t think it’s the same house although my husband and I have felt nothing but “bad luck” since being here since 2009. I should also add our entire family has been baptized except my youngest daughter and now I regret this choice and am taking steps to get it done. We aren’t an extremely religious family obviously but we believe in a higher power. I’m having trouble finding curious19’s original post now, but I will and will link it so you all can tell me how similar it is. I am researching more info about this too because the more I find out, the more terrifying it becomes quite honestly.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SoCrazy said:

My situation is this: I have an advanced degree in psychology and choose not to show ANY response or emotional reactions to what my kids have said in the past. I know how they enjoy and crave their parents’ attention.

So you're ignoring your children's need for attention, a need that is causing them to make up stories...okay. 

• Like 1

Right. THAT’s what I meant by the statement you referenced. No, my kids have all the attention they’ve ever wanted and you wouldn’t know because you claim blind intelligence with zero background other than what you’re given in 1,000 words or less. Look, I know that the unknown is scary to people but my relationship with my children is better than most and they feel comfortable telling me anything. This is why I believe what they say but also take everything with a grain of salt. If you have no serious input other than insulting those who you don’t know, feel free to disregard my post. I had a legitimate concern BECAUSE of the attention I give my kids or I wouldn’t waste my time. 

22 hours ago, XenoFish said:

So you're ignoring your children's need for attention, a need that is causing them to make up stories...okay. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2019 at 5:13 PM, Desertrat56 said:

I’m not sure but I would love to know...

On 6/30/2019 at 1:57 PM, Piney said:

Exactly, They are re-enforcing it. 

This was actually what I meant by “not reacting in ANY way” - I’m not going to reinforce the idea if there’s nothing behind it. People should only ask clarification questions about experiences and nothing more. That was the case with us. Quite honestly, my husband’s family hates any talk of the paranormal or ghosts or whatever, so the last thing we’ve ever done is reinforce. Unfortunately, the “happenings” keep on coming.

• Thanks 1

Lady, I spent around 26 years in the occult. A yellow eyed monster sounds like it came right out of the show Supernatural. Demons only exist within our imaginations and as a memetic virus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SoCrazy said:

This was actually what I meant by “not reacting in ANY way” - I’m not going to reinforce the idea if there’s nothing behind it. People should only ask clarification questions about experiences and nothing more. That was the case with us. Quite honestly, my husband’s family hates any talk of the paranormal or ghosts or whatever, so the last thing we’ve ever done is reinforce. Unfortunately, the “happenings” keep on coming.

It can be banished as long as you have the "drive-intention".

Nothing in the supernatural world can hurt you unless you let it. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SoCrazy said:

I have an advanced degree in psychology

I'm just a ignorant Shaman. What do I know about how the mind works? 

• Haha 1

Just to let you know. A memetic virus is a thought contagion that people share. Its about ideas, some good, others not so much. At most the kids have created a thoughtform they strength through fear, it embodies their fears. But it's just an idea.

• Like 1