Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Daughter’s Yellow-Eyed Monster

SoCrazy

On 7/2/2019 at 3:15 PM, XenoFish said:

Lady, I spent around 26 years in the occult. A yellow eyed monster sounds like it came right out of the show Supernatural. Demons only exist within our imaginations and as a memetic virus. 

We’ve never watched that show so I wouldn’t know. My daughter seems keen on the idea of using some monster spray the next time she’s willing to sleep in her bedroom again. That’s a little trick a friend came up with for me. And a lady, why yes, I am! Thank you for recognizing that! So much hatred going around for no reason when it seems my daughter isn’t the only child who has experienced this from the private messages I’ve received. It’s rare but real and those who troll to discredit are obviously too scared of something themselves in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 5:57 AM, SoCrazy said:

I have an advanced degree in psychology and choose not to show ANY response or emotional reactions

If you really had that degree and learnt anything, then you'd know that the second part of that sentence is ridiculous.

I'm out.

PS - is it normal in some places to refer to your own degree as 'advanced'?  Hereabouts, that term is not normally used self-referentially - we would always state the nature of the 'advanced' bit, ie It's a Doctorate, or a Masters....

Edited by ChrLzs
added ps
  • Like 4

On 6/30/2019 at 12:21 PM, SoCrazy said:

My daughter is now 4 years old but has refused to sleep in her bedroom for over a year and a half now. She insisted around the time she stopped sleeping in it that she was being visited by a monster at night, and of course, I was dismissive because of her age. I should’ve paid more attention because around the same time, my 9 year old son was claiming visits from his recently passed Grandfather which were all but 100% verified through playing the “question and answer” game with him and my deceased stepdad. My husband’s family has the genetic predisposition toward the gift of “sight” and we’ve realized my son is definitely a sensitive. We also ran into problems immediately with my son being terrorized by other entities he claimed were swearing at him and keeping him awake at night when all this first started happening. When my daughter first complained about her monster, I never asked for specifics like I finally just received from her. She told me now that her monster was all black with huge yellow eyes and would come into her room to stare at her over her crib railing. He purposely scared her, but it sounds more to me like it has an interest in her and may be demonic. When I did a Google search, the ONLY hit that came close was a post on here from August, 2007 from a woman (curious19) who had an almost identical experience to my daughter. The weirder part of that is she also said it happened in an old farmhouse (like mine) that in the middle of the night sounded like people were up and walking around in other rooms. This is nuts because we’ve been experiencing this EXACT phenomena for at least a couple years now. I’m talking about footsteps where I would go to the room I heard it in the first 2 months to see which kid was awake needing help with whatever and find them passed out sound asleep. The similarities are downright frightening. I’m new here, don’t know how this works exactly, but any advice would be appreciated!

Yellow eyed monster ? do you have a cat ? or do a cat is able to get in the house at night from an open window?

Edited by Jon the frog

do you have a dog?  they sense things much better than us,  i personally would not believe if my 4 years old told me such thing, but if a dog started barking at night  in kids room, or ran up there, i would take it much more seriously

On 9/14/2019 at 2:01 PM, aztek said:

do you have a dog?  they sense things much better than us,

No, they sense it differently.  They smell stuff we can't.  They hear stuff we can't.  A high pitched whine from, say a motor in a fan, a transformer, a bearing,even a squeaky door hinge or the wind, etc could set them off and you'll no have no idea why.  That's why they spend many months training drug sniffer or tracking dogs.

But if all you want is 'validation', no matter how inaccurate... yeah, they're just great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

No, they sense it differently.  They smell stuff we can't.  They hear stuff we can't.  A high pitched whine from, say a motor in a fan, a transformer, a bearing,even a squeaky door hinge or the wind, etc could set them off and you'll no have no idea why.  That's why they spend many months training drug sniffer or tracking dogs.

But if all you want is 'validation', no matter how inaccurate... yeah, they're just great.

dogs can do much more than that, not wasting time explaining but there are documentaries that show how dogs can sense things we can not.   whether its hearing, smell of something else is really irrelevant for the purpose of this thread

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Next time READ what I post and actually address it, Resident Troll.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:49 PM, SoCrazy said:

It’s rare but real and those who troll to discredit are obviously too scared of something themselves in my opinion.

I'd welcome some paranormal happenings, but unfortunately such things are nothing more than imaginative. It isn't fear, it's the complete lack of proof and stories are not proof. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Your reference to baptisms lead me to suppose your basic religious orientation is Christian, so perhaps talking with a pastor or priest and having your house blessed may help with the banishment. It may take a couple tries to clear it if it has progressed to the audible stage (footsteps, that sort of thing). I lived in one house for a couple years that was just infested with that sort of thing, and I remember one night being busy writing and noises in the kitchen kept becoming more persistent until it sounded as if there was a blizzard of pots and pans and crashing, shattering dishes on a near comical scale - I mean I didn't OWN enough to make all that noise even if it was real at all. But, it was distracting. I finally leaned back and yelled down the hallway "Don't make me come out there or I will exorcise this house right now."

Instant silence.

Naturally nothing had really happened, the kitchen was just fine, it was just a sound phenomenon I have never run into as advanced as all that. That house had a lot of things going on and I was happy to move out when I did.

There are people who not only do not believe in such things, but also that only they are correct, but, things do happen and maybe someday we will find out how and why. Until then, talk to your priest or pastor for his advice on getting a better atmosphere in your home.

The "monster spray" is also a fabulous idea for children to help them feel more in control of their sleep time and dreams. That confidence is 3/4 or more of the battle over night scares in children, IMO. Adults, too, for that matter.

Best wishes :) 

• Like 2

On 6/30/2019 at 9:25 AM, XenoFish said:

And demons aren't real. 

That's a matter of both opinion and definition. 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 10:32 AM, Piney said:

There is no such thing as demons and they are experiencing subconscious thought forms and your beliefs are empowering it.

See above

• Thanks 2

On 6/30/2019 at 6:03 PM, Piney said:

"The Old Farmhouse having ghosts idea"  is another thing that's hammered into the American collective consciousness.

In my experience that's a certainty :lol: 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'd welcome some paranormal happenings

Could that be the true source of your dislike of the subject?  You spent decades involved with it but it was never involved with you?  I've experienced a couple of things that make me question what we know, you on the other hand are an absolutist.  I'll bet for you the occult was absolutely real until it absolutely wasn't.  Not sute if it was you but I think it may have been you that was on every magical thread giving advice when you were a new member(?).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Could that be the true source of your dislike of the subject?  You spent decades involved with it but it was never involved with you?  I've experienced a couple of things that make me question what we know, you on the other hand are an absolutist.  I'll bet for you the occult was absolutely real until it absolutely wasn't.  Not sute if it was you but I think it may have been you that was on every magical thread giving advice when you were a new member(?).

Oh I had experiences. Just none that ever deeply convinced me that it was 100% real. I'm not like a lot around here, where one tiny incident freaks me out. 

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Unless someone factually proves that demons are more than a metaphor for the darker aspects of our persona, I'm not buying it. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Unless someone factually proves that demons are more than a metaphor for the darker aspects of our persona, I'm not buying it. 

That's what I said.  It could also just be a metaphor for the darker aspects of our persona

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Just now, OverSword said:
  19 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That's what I said.

And I'm telling you that it will take something pretty extreme to cause me to believe. 

Yeah, I get it. Some of you like to poke me and see what'll happen. 

On 7/1/2019 at 2:21 AM, SoCrazy said:

My daughter is now 4 years old but has refused to sleep in her bedroom for over a year and a half now. She insisted around the time she stopped sleeping in it that she was being visited by a monster at night, and of course, I was dismissive because of her age. I should’ve paid more attention because around the same time, my 9 year old son was claiming visits from his recently passed Grandfather which were all but 100% verified through playing the “question and answer” game with him and my deceased stepdad. My husband’s family has the genetic predisposition toward the gift of “sight” and we’ve realized my son is definitely a sensitive. We also ran into problems immediately with my son being terrorized by other entities he claimed were swearing at him and keeping him awake at night when all this first started happening. When my daughter first complained about her monster, I never asked for specifics like I finally just received from her. She told me now that her monster was all black with huge yellow eyes and would come into her room to stare at her over her crib railing. He purposely scared her, but it sounds more to me like it has an interest in her and may be demonic. When I did a Google search, the ONLY hit that came close was a post on here from August, 2007 from a woman (curious19) who had an almost identical experience to my daughter. The weirder part of that is she also said it happened in an old farmhouse (like mine) that in the middle of the night sounded like people were up and walking around in other rooms. This is nuts because we’ve been experiencing this EXACT phenomena for at least a couple years now. I’m talking about footsteps where I would go to the room I heard it in the first 2 months to see which kid was awake needing help with whatever and find them passed out sound asleep. The similarities are downright frightening. I’m new here, don’t know how this works exactly, but any advice would be appreciated!

I am having the same experience. When I was a child, I would wake up at night and see these yellow eyes staring at me. I didn't really feel afraid at the time, but felt more scared afterwards when I remembered the instance. I have unfortunately seen ghosts and other spiritual entities (I say "unfortunately" because I want nothing to do with it and my greatest fear is it will start happening again). I now have a 4.5 year old and she has for the last year been reporting "a shadow that sits on my (her) bed", "a little girl who cries at the window and begs to be let in because her mummy is inside" and finally (last night), "a black ghost with yellow eyes" which she has seen in her room at night, and she is deeply fearful of. To people who don't believe in the paranormal, how do you explain different people on different occasions encountering such similar looking entities? In my case, I wonder if the entity has a malevolent intent or is merely curious? I worry about whether it has the ability to influence events in our world...

36 minutes ago, Stargazer 76 said:

I am having the same experience. When I was a child, I would wake up at night and see these yellow eyes staring at me. I didn't really feel afraid at the time, but felt more scared afterwards when I remembered the instance. I have unfortunately seen ghosts and other spiritual entities (I say "unfortunately" because I want nothing to do with it and my greatest fear is it will start happening again).

Clearly you are predisposed to believe.. and children are great at picking up on that and realising they can get attention and 'push the right buttons'.  They want to be like you and have the same experiences that you did.

I now have a 4.5 year old and she has for the last year been reporting "a shadow that sits on my (her) bed", "a little girl who cries at the window and begs to be let in because her mummy is inside" and finally (last night), "a black ghost with yellow eyes" which she has seen in her room at night, and she is deeply fearful of.

Just like you...  

To people who don't believe in the paranormal

That's me.

how do you explain different people on different occasions encountering such similar looking entities?

Yellow eyes?  You mean like the creatures in every scary scene at night, be it in books or in movies?  It's just cultural. 

In my case, I wonder if the entity has a malevolent intent or is merely curious? I worry about whether it has the ability to influence events in our world...

As you believe in it and your child knows that, yes .... but that is/was your choice.

@Piney, where are you for further advice..?  :D

• Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:21 PM, SoCrazy said:

My daughter is now 4 years old but has refused to sleep in her bedroom for over a year and a half now. She insisted around the time she stopped sleeping in it that she was being visited by a monster at night, and of course, I was dismissive because of her age. 

My attitude to this would be to treat such visitations like a dream.  It can, therefore, be interpreted like a dream.  This is to say that they are meaningful.

I did not have such bedroom visitations as a child but my bedroom spooked me.  Most nights I could not sleep facing the wardrobe in the corner because I "saw" or imagined (not sure which) bears and other animals e.g. elephants, coming off the top of the wardrobe.  With the benefit of hindsight, I think the bears were, in dream terms, referring to what turned out to be a problem for me as an adult i.e. anger. I guess that I unconsciously recognised that anger was a problem for me even then and that it would get worse. It did.  I have resolved the problem, however.

I would suggest that the nature of this monster might give clues as to your child's psychological state i.e. her fears etc. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/23/2019 at 1:45 PM, littlebrowndragon said:

With the benefit of hindsight, I think the bears were, in dream terms, referring to what turned out to be a problem for me as an adult i.e. anger. I guess that I unconsciously recognised that anger was a problem for me even then and that it would get worse. It did.  I have resolved the problem, however.

This is very interesting. I can see the parallel between the two (meaning your anger problems and the animals you “saw”). But I’d be curious to know what age you started experiencing the bedroom fear at? It’s tough to realize psychological/psychosocial problems in the human psyche until a person has lived enough life to formulate fears/feelings/whatever reaction to the “real life” issues happening to them. Most of the time, there’s a life event that triggers the fear and then the reaction - your bedroom animals as you refer to them. My daughter is still only 4 now with what I’d consider a normal life unless craziness is happening I’m unaware of. I don’t pretend to believe I know everything that goes on. She started seeing her yellow-eyed monster at 3 years old and only 1 time she remembers. Once was apparently enough to keep her from ever sleeping in that room again.

Thank you for your message as it does give me more to consider. I do also wonder how all the non-believers find themselves digging through the unexplained mystery type forums - there must be a bone of belief left, or no reason to search out stories of other’s experiences would exist for the TRUE non-believer, right? Maybe it’s just to explain everything away and make themselves feel better? I’m not a person to attack anyone I’ve never met, so non-believers who enjoy insulting others (not referring to you by the way) on a forum such as this make me believe they are just afraid and trying to over-explain anything they can’t understand as logical.

You’re right about my disposition to believe, but that’s only because the Bible tells us demons do in fact exist. I don’t let my kids in on any of that because it didn’t occupy my life until my child had a singular experience making her bedroom a scary place for her. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 4:57 AM, SoCrazy said:

This is very interesting. I can see the parallel between the two (meaning your anger problems and the animals you “saw”). But I’d be curious to know what age you started experiencing the bedroom fear at?

From a very young age, maybe 5 or 6, possibly younger.

For what it is worth, I also experienced nightmares featuring dinosaurs from a young age until well into adulthood.  The dinosaurs in these dreams represented a particular fear I had - a fear of authority - and it is only since dealing with my fear that the nightmares have ceased.  That fear of authority might be called an "inner demon" that I had to deal with.  It blighted my life and had a very bad psychological effect on me. 

My daughter is still only 4 now with what I’d consider a normal life unless craziness is happening I’m unaware of. I don’t pretend to believe I know everything that goes on. She started seeing her yellow-eyed monster at 3 years old and only 1 time she remembers. Once was apparently enough to keep her from ever sleeping in that room again.

In your OP you use the word "demon" to describe this monster.  In dream terms I would interpret this as the idea of "inner demons" in that most of us - all of us, I suspect - have inner demons, i.e.things that really bother us.  I suggest your daughter has her own particular inner demon and that it is clearly really bothering her.  In particular it is black with yellow eyes.  I think the colour combination signifies something important.

Two examples: when I made mandalas, I did not choose colours deliberately, but allowed my unconscious mind to "choose" them for me.  (In other words I chose colours from a selection without consciously thinking about it.)  Whenever the mandala ended up being coloured yellow and black, I ended up being in a foul mood the next day.  Similarly, when I once did a vision quest, the image I saw was also black and yellow and, again, I woke up next day in a really foul mood.  When your daughter sees this demon does she wake up next day in a particularly bad mood?.

I suggest then that your daughter is seriously bothered by an inner demon.  (There are lots of places on  the internet where people discuss what particular inner demons they have.)  Having inner demons damages people's minds one way or another.  But I think that this demon, being yellow and black, indicates that it is having a very bad impact on your daughter's mind.    The only thing I can suggest is to try somehow to find out what inner demon she is battling with. 

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2019 at 9:21 AM, SoCrazy said:

Hey, I'm seeing this really late but I do wanna mention something. I recently was reminded of a memory I had as a kid. It was similar to this. I was a kid idk how old, but I know I was old enough to walk on my own two feet and I could sometimes sleep on my own. I remember one night when I was seeing my grandma in her room at the end of the hall, it was dark and she told me it was time to sleep I think. And on my way back, I looked into the bathroom in the middle of the hall. In the window I saw this tall, blacker than the night figure with yellow eyes, I remember some kind of animalistic features and I stared for idk how long. It ran off and idk what happened after. Its a memory I forced myself to remember so I can find out what it could be. I'm sorry I couldn't provide much information.

3 hours ago, NateBro said:

Hey, I'm seeing this really late but I do wanna mention something. I recently was reminded of a memory I had as a kid. It was similar to this. I was a kid idk how old, but I know I was old enough to walk on my own two feet and I could sometimes sleep on my own. I remember one night when I was seeing my grandma in her room at the end of the hall, it was dark and she told me it was time to sleep I think. And on my way back, I looked into the bathroom in the middle of the hall. In the window I saw this tall, blacker than the night figure with yellow eyes, I remember some kind of animalistic features and I stared for idk how long. It ran off and idk what happened after. Its a memory I forced myself to remember so I can find out what it could be. I'm sorry I couldn't provide much information.

Have you had any other type of paranormal experiences since, Nate?