Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious screams plague couple in Wales

UM-Bot

The enigma has spooked them so much that they now spend their time touring around the country attempting to raise awareness and looking for answers.

Yeah or rather they are trying to raise their accounts

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wait what? Listening I expected disembodied howls or something. My street has more noise, I live next door to a daycare and between ambient street noises it's all normal.

• Like 3

Wow, with all that wailing going on it's no wonder they call that place Wales!

What is the past history of the land they are on? People working underground without it being common knowledge to the police is a little hard to believe. You would think by now this guy would have investigated about every normal possibility.

From the paranormal side, sounds, noises, screams are one of the more commonly reported features. Portals, residual hauntings, etc. can be speculated.

Last thought; if it is consistently occurring it sounds like a great place for paranormal and skeptical researches to investigate. Maybe we'll see it as one of the new Ghost Hunters show's episodes.

Edited by papageorge1

I think some of those screams will be people who have visited the house and seen what state it's in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And using a directional mike to track down a sound is so complex and so expensive.  Oh wait, no it isn't.  Even a paranormal 'investigation' group could probably manage it..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

What is the past history of the land they are on? People working underground without it being common knowledge to the police is a little hard to believe. You would think by now this guy would have investigated about every normal possibility.

From the paranormal side, sounds, noises, screams are one of the more commonly reported features. Portals, residual hauntings, etc. can be speculated.

Last thought; if it is consistently occurring it sounds like a great place for paranormal and skeptical researches to investigate. Maybe we'll see it as one of the new Ghost Hunters show's episodes.

Aaaaaand here we go. Remember when I said a few weeks ago all your posts were basically drenched in motivated reasoning? Here's another great example.

Someone posts videos of a house with - gasp - perfectly normal domestic noises - and you assume that they "must have done their research" and therefore its perfectly ok to "speculate" about "portals".

I mean, do I need to add anything further?

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Aaaaaand here we go. Remember when I said a few weeks ago all your posts were basically drenched in motivated reasoning? Here's another great example.

Someone posts videos of a house with - gasp - perfectly normal domestic noises - and you assume that they "must have done their research" and therefore its perfectly ok to "speculate" about "portals".

Oh, I see.

15 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

I mean, do I need to add anything further?

Perhaps you need to add how these people could be that fooled and concerned about just 'natural domestic noises' and that nobody could have presented that solution to them by now.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Oh, I see.

Perhaps you need to add how these people could be that fooled and concerned about just 'natural domestic noises' and that nobody could have presented that solution to them by now.

See, this is papageorge mistake #1. You're assuming what they're claiming is true because it bolsters your beliefs in the paranormal.

There is zero - zero - reason to believe any claim like this in the general pop media. And when their "proof" is obviously a recording of noises from outside a house, the answer is not "portals".

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

See, this is papageorge mistake #1. You're assuming what they're claiming is true because it bolsters your beliefs in the paranormal.

There is zero - zero - reason to believe any claim like this in the general pop media. And when their "proof" is obviously a recording of noises from outside a house, the answer is not "portals".

So basically you are saying we should not consider any claims of the possible paranormal. The proper route is straight to acidic insults of people's intelligence. I see.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

So basically you are saying we should not consider any claims of the possible paranormal. The proper route is straight to acidic insults of people's intelligence. I see.

I have never insulted your intelligence. All I do is point out how motivated your reasoning is. Considering "the possible paranormal" when there is nothing to actually consider is a raging waste of time and intellect, and distorts what is actually real and what isn't. Someone who you do not know and have no idea of their motives posts a video of a "haunted" house with obviously over-dubbed audio from a street outside should not lead you directly to "portals". You have no idea of their intentions or integrity, let alone the validity of what you're watching - but you always head for the paranormal answer, no matter how obvious the prosaic one might be.

That, my friend, is motivated reasoning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

That, my friend, is motivated reasoning.

That my friend is open-minded skepticism.

I don't assume lies or failures of normal intelligence but I do indeed consider those possibilities. 

That my friend is open-minded skepticism.

Polar opposite, but sure. Whatever you want to tell yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Emma_Acid said:

Whatever you want to tell yourself.

Ahh, passive-aggressively insulted again. Another day on the forum.

• Like 2

It sounds like there might be a tunnel or cave down there that is somehow transmitting, echoing, and distorting the urban audio-scape. To me, it sounds like typical city noises with reverb or whatever. ie: construction, vehicular traffic, etc.

• Like 3

Come on down to New Orleans and visit
LaLaurie Mansion
or
The Myrtles Plantation.

Stay the night in either, you'll leave a changed person. #EVIL CACKLE#

10 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Alan and Christine Tait have recorded hundreds of hours of strange and unsettling sounds beneath their home.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/328760/mysterious-screams-plague-couple-in-wales

Why do think they call the place Wales!:D

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Why do think they call the place Wales!:D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sounds just like normal city noise to me. Maybe the sound is dragget through the sewer system?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Ahh, passive-aggressively insulted again. Another day on the forum.

And again, not an insult.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

And again, not an insult.

Oh so you really weren't saying....if you want to tell yourself something wacky, go right ahead

You were really just confirming my right to freedom of thought.

Gotcha!

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

You were really just confirming my right to freedom of thought.

Or lack of. :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/30/2019 at 3:19 PM, papageorge1 said:

But they’re not saying it’s paranormal. They’re saying it’s criminal, human trafficking or drug manufacturing.

• Thanks 2

I hear normal city noises coming from outdoors nothing unexplained here

• Like 1

Like others in this thread with functioning brains, all I hear is normal city noise. Sewer system is carrying the sounds. Leaving your house because of that is completely stupid. These people are either dumb as rocks, trying to get out of the lease or they are trying to make money off it somehow.

After reading the full article, I vote "dumb as rocks".

Edited by moonman