Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Unseen force' knocks down shelf in tavern

UM-Bot

4 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

Footage has emerged this week of an alleged 'poltergeist' causing havoc in a historic pub in England.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/328781/unseen-force-knocks-down-shelf-in-tavern

It's really a shame, poltergeist always hide from cameras. Just like in the video, you can see things flying but you can't see where they came from. Also did you notice the guy standing there didn't even seem surprised, I think most people would have filled up their pants. I think this one is a fake

• Like 4

Sometimes stuff falls. Sometimes it gets caught on camera. Stuff falling off a shelf does not equal paranormal. The leap in logic baffles me. More free advertising.

• Like 6

Looks fake, look who tidy the stuff lands, i wonder if he triggers a wire with his left hand

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So easily faked a kid could do it. 

He walks a bit to the left and as he walks back all he has to do is trip a piece of string to pull the boxes down.

The boxes are piled on the top shelf and are empty. 

There is a video which advertises the place and it shows where the boxes are.

The place used to do tarot readings and other woowoo stuff, maybe business is a bit slow so a bit of free advertising might bring back the punters. 

They have a nice little place there, the tourist season is coming into force, apparently the food is ok, so yeah why not drum up even more business by bringing back some of its old history from when it was a gift shop and woowoo place? 

• Like 2

Just now, Mr.United_Nations said:

Looks fake, look who tidy the stuff lands, i wonder if he triggers a wire with his left hand

Seems the way, hand or foot. Can not see why he went to the left for no obvious reason, then comes back.

• Like 1

Just a Badly packed shelf .  I think?

Doesn't it look like it was shot with a phone? Why would someone be randomly recording, from up on a ladder, the guy cleaning the bar at 7am?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Openmindhere said:

Doesn't it look like it was shot with a phone? Why would someone be randomly recording, from up on a ladder, the guy cleaning the bar at 7am?

The footage was from the shops video camera. Very conveniently it was caught where the camera was filming, now that's suspicious enough. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

The footage was from the shops video camera. Very conveniently it was caught where the camera was filming, now that's suspicious enough. 

The camera isn't stationary, it's "sort of" following him, moving around. Also, doesn't it look like portrait format of a phone, not a cctv cam. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Openmindhere said:

The camera isn't stationary, it's "sort of" following him, moving around. Also, doesn't it look like portrait format of a phone, not a cctv cam. 

Yep, sorta. Looks like it's the CCTV display re-shot with a phone to quickly upload it to the web. Most of people don't know how to get original files from a PC and get them to the web. Or just don't want to bother.

• Like 1

Gravity tends to pull things down on the ground...  I have had a book fall from the shelf when it possibly should not have fallen, my guess is that vibrations moved it.  It's said that 98% of what we believe is paranormal can be explained.

• Like 1

"Unseen force..... "

Unseen indeed. Certainly it wasn't caught by the camera. 

Well, I can tell you guy's with an absolute FACT that when I upset my wife, there are things flyin' all-over...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/2/2019 at 9:36 PM, UM-Bot said:

Footage has emerged this week of an alleged 'poltergeist' causing havoc in a historic pub in England.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/328781/unseen-force-knocks-down-shelf-in-tavern

Ye Olde Shambles Tavern hardly inspires a high degree of trust in the building standards.  They say only one shelf fell down?  So far, so lucky.

On 7/2/2019 at 9:47 PM, Manwon Lender said:

It's really a shame, poltergeist always hide from cameras. Just like in the video, you can see things flying but you can't see where they came from. Also did you notice the guy standing there didn't even seem surprised, I think most people would have filled up their pants. I think this one is a fake

I completely agree.  My first thought was, wow, someone is up high filming this?  Then all of a sudden (off camera angle) a bunch of boxes fly down.  I feel quite skeptical of this video and think it's perhaps staged.

On 2.7.2019 at 1:36 PM, UM-Bot said:

I wasn't there, so I can't be 100% sure what happened!

Anyway.

I once helped my Mom in her shop............. doors, etc. closed by themselves, and there was no rational explanation since all the windows were closed, etc.

Nobody will believe anything before they have a "strange" experience themselves.

• Like 3

Nobody will believe anything before they have a "strange" experience themselves

yes but strange, odd, unusual doesnt make for me a jump to paranormal , supernatural, otherworldly,

we never met the seller of this fixer upper house my info is from realtor and many neighbors even her ex, she was convinced it was haunted, countless reasons, one was several doors even locked ones would open and close at will sometimes being watched, cool huh? i didnt buy it but i was wrong.

so the basement door, at the moment only the outside basement door works, the lady was so scared she had an expensive albeit cool looking second metal gate door added which i left open being lazy, i noticed more times than not i would head to the basement and the locked door was open, spooky, i would slam it hard check it and a day or so later open, i left it open some and cooler yet came back it was closed.

we joked about it being haunted then one day i was unnerved to be sitting in the car port and watched the door slowly open, i jump right over open it fast nothing there, whew!

so i set out to learn whats up, this old house over 100 years old technically 4 stories, stone first 2 wood 2nd 2, at some point it did a lot of sagged foundation settling, and they did support work in the basement but went too far the result is not an even floor anywhere, some worse than others, and that combined with just the right mix of humidity, heat, air flow etc and poor fit doors will open and close, i had to dead bolt the attic as i dont want my cats hosting a rave up there,

next time ill share her story and resulting freak out destruction over the vampire rats she said were out to get her,

5 hours ago, the13bats said:

yes but strange, odd, unusual doesnt make for me a jump to paranormal , supernatural, otherworldly,

Me neither - I always look for a rational explanation!

More things happened than just doors closing by themselves, etc.

But I'm too private to share that information in here.

well, its like ive been saying a lot on here lately "belief" is fine but without proof im not on board that its fact.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:58 AM, esoteric_toad said:

Sometimes stuff falls. Sometimes it gets caught on camera. Stuff falling off a shelf does not equal paranormal. The leap in logic baffles me. More free advertising.

Truly. I'd be MUCH more impressed if the poltergeist knocked the shelf upward and dented the ceiling with it. Anything that involves the assistance of Mean Mr. Gravity isn't all that mysterious, IMO.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...