Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Politician wants to outlaw memes

Hawken

55 minutes ago, Hawken said:

Rep. Frederica Wilson wants to prosecute those that make memes that poke fun of Congress.

Yeah thats some scary ass ****. Im thinking the death threats she received from the meming crowd probably pushed her crazy ass into paranoiaville.

Rep. Wilson returns to Capitol after facing death threats

• Like 4

This is why the second amendment is so important. If this lady is willing to prosecute you for making fun of her hats in memes because she is a (supposed) respectable member of Congress, then what does the future hold? She is an elected Official representing her district of Congress, not the entire United States, and she is not a Queen.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Of course all other memes are about hats. :wacko: Nothing relevant about them!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

This is why the second amendment is so important. If this lady is willing to prosecute you for making fun of her hats in memes because she is a (supposed) respectable member of Congress, then what does the future hold? She is an elected Official representing her district of Congress, not the entire United States, and she is not a Queen.

Is there anyone that doesn't have a never ending stream of memes about them. Death threats are one thing, for some, but I don't even want to hear this.

• Like 2

Found this meme about her.

fw.jpg

• Haha 8

The memes in question are about showing a member of congress being forced to give oral sex to the president.  Another has her with a migrant from one of the camps.  Let the hat thing go folks...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm all for this. In fact, i'd go further and insist that anyone who makes a habit of posting memes on internet discussions as a substitute for thought-out argument should be taken away and put in Internment Camps. :angry: 

• Haha 4

Once more we see the authoritarian aspect of "the left", and their instinct for social control. 

On the PLUS side, I DO like her hats !

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

Once more we see the authoritarian aspect of "the left", and their instinct for social control. 

Reince Priebus admits Trump administration has looked into changing the First Amendment

Just sayin

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Actually, that makes sense. If I understand it correctly, the US Media is almost immune from prosecution for libel (or even innocent - but careless - reporting that effectively libels somebody). If that IS the case, then I would suggest that the law - including the 1st amendment - NEEDS amending. 

That is NOT authoritarianism. The Constitution CAN be reviewed, as the very name "1st amendment" illustrates rather well :D 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Haha 1

Just now, RoofGardener said:

Actually, that makes sense. If I understand it correctly, the US Media is almost immune from prosecution for libel (or even innocent - but careless - reporting that effectively libels somebody). If that IS the case, then I would suggest that the law - including the 1st amendment - NEEDS amending. 

Somehow, based on the trajectory of your rhetoric, I knew this would be your response :lol:

Press BAD, mean to dear leader, must change laws!!!!!!!! :tu:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

That is NOT authoritarianism. The Constitution CAN be reviewed, as the very name "1st amendment" illustrates rather well :D 

Oooooh I like this edit Roofie! It shows you at least realize what youre rooting for, even if youre not quite ready to accept thats what youre doing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Somehow, based on the trajectory of your rhetoric, I knew this would be your response :lol:

Press BAD, mean to dear leader, must change laws!!!!!!!! :tu:

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oooooh I like this edit Roofie! It shows you at least realize what youre rooting for, even if youre not quite ready to accept thats what youre doing

Nope.. now I'm totally confused. What is your point ? :) 

I've now got to go on a 100-mile  round trip to various customers who can't seem to differentiate between their gluteus maximus and their upper ginglymus ! Discussions on Constitutional Amendments will have to wait ! 

1 minute ago, RoofGardener said:

ve now got to go on a 100-mile  round trip to various customers who can't seem to differentiate between their gluteus maximus and their upper ginglymus ! Discussions on Constitutional Amendments will have to wait ! 

LOL enjoy amigo

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Personally, I think memes are a secret mind control plot by cats to make us worship them.

B85FBF2D-C09C-423D-8D46-BDCFB0EA18A6.jpeg.0d0c2ced6b8d6938bc9f6c876c38f7c5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Millennials love their memes!

However..... putting an obscure quote from a dead philosopher into a square box, with a picture of a Native American, doesn't make it true or relevant.

• Like 1

If I had a £1 for every time I saw a political meme on social media that was incorrect, misleading, out of context or just an outright lie, I'd have enough to buy most of South America and be well on the way to adding Australia and Japan .....

If I had £1 for every time I saw a political meme on social media that was correct, accurate and in context, I wouldn't even have enough money to buy a penny chew.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, acute said:

Millennials love their memes!

However..... putting an obscure quote from a dead philosopher into a square box, with a picture of a Native American, doesn't make it true or relevant.

dont-believe-everything-you-read-on-the-internet-abraham-lincoln-5242750.png

• Haha 6

Life would be memeingless if this happens.

Being able to mock authority figures Is a Hallmark of a free society 

I more fear a society where people can't mock those in power. 

• Like 2