Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Real Khufu Cartouche HOAX

Thanos5150

1 hour ago, Scott Creighton said:

So Jarocal - show me where it debunks the evidence Creighton presents in HOAX?

Which is, of course, (again) moving the goalposts.  Creighton’s initial complaint (we remember) was that someone said that his “forgery narrative” is fictitious.

Who was it made it a “rule” that the “proof” of this had to come from this particular thread? Seems to me it was Creighton, for reasons of his own.

M.

Edited by mstower
To add a missing letter.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

How very coincidental.... On the very day that a thread gets closed because 2 individuals can't stop tugging each others pigtails, a brand new member jumps right into the controversy!

Which gets the 2 mentioned individuals right back where they started from, pishing in each others cereal.

Were I suspicious person, I might think that one of these two is minus a sock...

But without more evidence, I would strongly suggest that @mstower and @Scott Creighton either: get a room, or just meet at dawn for pistols at ten paces.

While the subject is fairly interesting, the bickering is not making either of you look at all intelligent.  If you have something to say to refute the other, then present your evidence. If not, then shush.

LOL!!

SC

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hanslune said:

Hey dude making claims on feelings is the basis of your ideas - they aren't science at all - did you forget that? It ain't your bizarre version of metaphysics either.

"Logic" to you is 'stuff I make up'. So not really applicable.

Yes and we are still waiting - after 13 years - for you to apply any science at all to that dog's breakfast that are your assumptions - and you are still hiding your data and research.

Can you hide something that doesn’t exist?

After all the time and (utterly warranted) abuse he’s received, anyone would release the data so as not to look a fool. I think it’s just not there to show. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Scott Creighton said:

Vyse was a fraudster. The evidence is there to prove it. . . .

No, it isn’t.  There is no evidence that Vyse or his agents broke the law as it stood in 1807.

That’s the real law, Creighton—not the fantasy law you’ve conjured up by (among other things) passing off as a quote from the relevant statute a wording you found on the Web which isn’t in the statute at all.

I suggest you catch up and stop repeating this false allegation.

M.

Edited by mstower
To change one word.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Can you hide something that doesn’t exist?

After all the time and (utterly warranted) abuse he’s received, anyone would release the data so as not to look a fool. I think it’s just not there to show. 

—Jaylemurph 

.....oh its all in his head and 60,000+ posts spread over 40 or so websites - and its gonna change the world. Except he's keeping it secret. It's mainly contradicts itself and is based on his opinions which he tries to sell as 'facts'.

Just a few tidbits from his 'thoughts'

But Egyptologists don't care. They don't care that I'm the world's leading expert on the literal meaning of this work and they don't care what it says if you solve the words like a calculus problem.

Edited to add the website 'Open Forum Refuge' where this quote comes from has deleted Cladking's posting: http://www.popforum.space/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=188851&hilit=cladking&start=40. So Cladking the evidence of you saying this has been deleted therefore if you'd, like to disavow this let me know and I'll delete from your quotes.

.....and with that I'm out - you guys play nice

Edited by Hanslune
Added additional information
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Creighton said:

Vyse was a fraudster. The evidence is there to prove it. Never went to court, of course. It only came out a number of years after he died. Commonplace or not, it was contrary to the laws of the land in his time and he most assuredly would have known that. Still didn't stop him though.

Alter what context? Vyse said what he said and I have interpreted it as I see it. Explain?

SC

http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?1,1181252,1181347

Should be the correct post from one of your and Martin's discussions elsewhere.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

.....oh its all in his head and 60,000+ posts spread over 40 or so websites - and its gonna change the world. Except he's keeping it secret. It's mainly contradicts itself and is based on his opinions which he tries to sell as 'facts'.

Just a few tidbits from his 'thoughts'

Edited to add the website 'Open Forum Refuge' where this quote comes from has deleted Cladking's posting: http://www.popforum.space/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=188851&hilit=cladking&start=40. So Cladking the evidence of you saying this has been deleted therefore if you'd, like to disavow this let me know and I'll delete from your quotes.

I wasn’t aware anyone in any field could just announce they were the world’s leading expert and be believed, let alone respected as such an expert. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 5

I'm the world's leading expert on who ain't an expert.

I could name names, but I won't. Not for free anyway.

Well... okay, okay, I can give you ONE freebie.

His name is Peter Robinson and he just happens to live near Scott.

Really near, it seems.

Harte

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Since then some small changes in the transcription:

‘. . . an account came that Campbell’s Chamber was opened, went to the Great Pyramid with Mr Raven & Mr Hill, inspected the North Front, went into Campbell’s Chamber which is roofed like the Queen’s.  The Slabs forming the roof are 11 in number on each side, ×12.3 long; the granite Blocks of the floor ?the reverse of Lady Arbuthnot’s ceiling are 8 in number, the ? the floor are ?, roof & ?wall of Calcareous Stones, there was a ?white secretion from the Stones as in the other Chambers, it was covered with black dust, there were settlements owing to the great weight & the Stones had opened at the apex, the height varied & ?ceiling ?at the first Block for about 8½ & 5 in the centre, the wall was about 2 feet higher at the sides owing to the ? of the ? of the granite flooring.  The chamber was 39 long, by 19.10 broad: ?in it was written “Campbell’s Chamber May 27, 1837.” “HRaven & Hill” ?there ?were ?many marks ?cum Cartouch[e] [sketch of the cartouche] ?the ?marks ?were ?very plain, ?but ?many ?had ?dulled off ?with ?the ? ?probably ? ? G Blasting, ?on ?the first Blocks ?were ?some Hieglphs, ? ? ? ?with Black Triangles . . .’

M.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I wasn’t aware anyone in any field could just announce they were the world’s leading expert and be believed, let alone respected as such an expert. 

—Jaylemurph 

Chuckle! How true. The rather amusing aspect is that we could now appear to be able to categorize Scotty and Clad into the same level of technical background/research familiarity/credibility realm. Rather telling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

The thing to do is be recognised as an expert by a respected publisher, such as (say) Inner Traditions • Bear & Company.

M.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, mstower said:

Inner Traditions • Bear & Company..

Perpetuating Native American stereotypes and dreck that's not us since 1975. :yes:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Just an observation here, but quoting Hancock isn't a positive endorsement of your position.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Just an observation here, but quoting Hancock isn't a positive endorsement of your position.

Not Hancock, me.  A post on Hancock’s board.

M.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jarocal said:

Ah Cladking.

I have missed your input here.

You too participated in the thread referenced prior. Has your opinion on the matter changed with Scott's assertions or do you feel the graffiti is 4th dynasty?

My opinion has changed little.  I think he has several points.   Some are the graffiti is obviously concurrent with the construction which may or may not have been in what we call the "4th dynasty".    Some of it might well be counterfeited.   

It seems to me that we have 150 years and have learned nothing at Giza there might well be flaws in our assumptions.   We should consider only what is known and apply science so that we have more knowns.   

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, mstower said:

Not Hancock, me.  A post on Hancock’s board.

M.

That may be so, I don't judge.

I read one of Hancock's books.  Unfortunately, I didn't have enough tinfoil on hand. I may never recover the IQ points I lost trying to decipher his nonsense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mstower said:

Is there a word I wrote which you did understand?

M.

I seriously doubt you understand me any better than I understand you.  On the rare occasion I do understand you the words seem to be unrelated to what I had believed we were discussing.  

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Scott Creighton said:

Cuz no one, until I came along, frigging well looked hard enough. There's PLENTY of anomalies there. Open your eyes.

Here we see how very far Creighton is from being the paragon of objectivity he would have us believe he is.

Competent investigators recognise their subjectivity and do what they can to adjust for it, whereas there is simply no inkling of it in Creighton’s huffing and puffing.  How he sees it (through a prism of wishful thinking) is how it is.

No self-awareness whatsoever.

M.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

We go there to debunk the fringe. I can't stay there too long my brain gets "stupid lock". 

• Haha 3

• The topic was locked