Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump's 4 July tanks prompt 'don't panic'

Still Waters

11 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

AT's posted a picture in Status Updates of the genius piece of design in question. Drinkable water (allegedly), straight out of a toilet cistern?! :eww: ) 

No, it's not out of the cistern water. We actually have one of them at our shop my husband acquired from somewhere. There are two separate water lines. It's no different than having a sink, mounted on the wall, directly beside the toilet if the space is cramped.

You could rig it where the water from the sink supplies the toilet.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

That is a little concerning. As usual, the various agencies are on the alert for terrorist attacks on the 4th. I hope breaking down of the various systems are just a coincidence.

Europe is supposed to be involved also. Don't know a lot but pictures, videos and a lot of profile pictures aren't showing up on Facebook. People can't upload. News live streams aren't working. I've been offline for a couple hours and haven't gone back in yet but people are saying the same thing is happening on other social media sites. Some people said it's been like that on theirs for a couple days. The sites were working to fix it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Setton said:

Toothbrushes and soap for kids though? Oh good lord, no way we can stretch to that. 

@RoofGardenerThoughts? 

Eh, most of the people around here are grumbling about spending the money on homeless vets instead of a parade.  Speaking of which, I wonder if they are going to shoo a few away from the parade route.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Setton said:

Toothbrushes and soap for kids though? Oh good lord, no way we can stretch to that. 

@RoofGardenerThoughts? 

THANK YOU

3 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

AT's posted a picture in Status Updates of the genius piece of design in question. Drinkable water (allegedly), straight out of a toilet cistern?! :eww: ) 

Well, in all of the available pictures, there are none of these shown.  So, saying that is what the officer was speaking of is nothing more than a guess.  

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, most of the people around here are grumbling about spending the money on homeless vets instead of a parade.  Speaking of which, I wonder if they are going to shoo a few away from the parade route.

Well, you know..homelessness only started 2 years ago...it's clearly Trump's fault!

• Haha 1

lmao, i'm pretty sure it was again taken out of context, he was telling at one time to ivanka, she was a little girl back than, that a homeless dude who was begging on the street is few  billions richer than him, since trump was in few billions  debt. it was 25-30 years ago, so he knew homeless existed before, another media trick. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Uh...no... it means they are flushing with potable water that comes from a source that is piped into the lavatory sink FIRST then the supply continues on for flushing.  Try not to be obtuse, it's making you look bad.

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Spending money on homeless veterans would be a better way to spend it. I do agree, they probably will at least move the homeless to locations where they can't be seen, out of sight, out of mind, now that's a messed up thought. With everything that is happening I think this parade is joke..

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Eh, most of the people around here are grumbling about spending the money on homeless vets instead of a parade. 

really, they do? why aren't they grumbling about it every day of the year, how VA system and DOD do not do enough to help such vets, why was no one saying anything when other administrations ignored the issue?   but now trump is a bad guy,  cuz he wants to do a parade on 4th of July. wow, burn him at the stake..lol

• Thanks 1

Shhh the grown ups are talking

Military chiefs have concerns about politicization of Trump's July 4th event

Military chiefs have concerns about the politicization of President Donald Trump's July 4 event, a source with direct knowledge told CNN.

The US military is expected to be front and center during Thursday's event, which will showcase a wide variety of weaponry, including M1 Abrams tanks, and has taken on a political hue, with the President, who has already launched his re-election campaign, breaking tradition to deliver a speech and the Republican National Committee distributing tickets in a special VIP area.
Military leaders could be highly visible, as the service chiefs have been asked to stand with Trump during the celebrations, according to a different defense official.
If the President turns what is meant to be celebration into an overtly political event, he could put military personnel in the position of violating Defense Department guidelines prohibiting men and women in uniform from engaging in political activity.

• Thanks 2

Weird I know but im really worried about the festivities tomorrow.

4 hours ago, and then said:

Uh...no... it means they are flushing with potable water that comes from a source that is piped into the lavatory sink FIRST then the supply continues on for flushing.  Try not to be obtuse, it's making you look bad.

never mind pedantry about plumbing, how that setup (you seem to literally have stand over the lavatory or WC to be able to get near the supposed drinkable water) ever passed any sanitary inspector's approval is a mystery to rival the construction of the Pyramids.

I suspect it didn't.

Anyway, this is going way off the topic.  

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, aztek said:

really, they do? why aren't they grumbling about it every day of the year, how VA system and DOD do not do enough to help such vets, why was no one saying anything when other administrations ignored the issue?   but now trump is a bad guy,  cuz he wants to do a parade on 4th of July. wow, burn him at the stake..lol

Usually they are told that there isn't 90 million to spare to take care of the issue.........  Can't grumble if there is no money.  Then <poof> money shows up that could have been diverted to taking care of the issues you just mentioned and we spend it on a parade.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Still Waters said:

The US military has told Washington DC residents not to panic if they see tanks on the streets for President Donald Trump's Independence Day parade.

At least two Bradley armoured carriers and two M1A1 Abrams Tanks will be moved to the heart of the US capital for the president's "Salute to America".

The National Park Service will reportedly divert nearly $2.5m (£2m) to cover the cost of the event.

Mr Trump tweeted his 4 July celebration will be "the show of a lifetime."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48856990

I dont remember ever seeing a display of US military power.

This will be fun, it should scare Iran at the minimum.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

I dont remember ever seeing a display of US military power.

This will be fun, it should scare Iran at the minimum.

Man, you missed out on the Korean War, Vietnam, Libya, Grenada, Afghanistan, Iraq, Kuwait,Somalia, Bosnia, Serbia, and everything else?  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_United_States_military_operations

I don't think they will be scared of a parade, though.  I haven't heard of any major deployments to DC, to parade down the street.  Sounds like a few tanks for display and some fly overs by the Airforce.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Weird I know but im really worried about the festivities tomorrow.

Are you worried that the Great Dictator might use it as an opportunity to impose Martial Law, or are you worried about the Bad Guys?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Are you worried that the Great Dictator might use it as an opportunity to impose Martial Law, or are you worried about the Bad Guys?

All of the above. Realistically I worry that the change in venue will leave security lapses for bad guys of all stripes and I worry that the bitter partisanship will lead to people doing stupid stuff.

Placing my tin foil/ author's hat on I cant imagine a better scenario for "an immigrant" to pull off a terrorist attack. Man an attack on our nation's birthday, how the country would then be forced to fall in line with the immigrant hate train or display their "anti americanism" for their neighbors. It wouldnt take much, no grand conspiracy,  just a handful of Prince's guys and a strung out illegal immigrant.

What about an invasion by White Supremacists, i.e. five or six people wearing red baseball hats, who the media can film getting into a confrontation with, preferably, a disabled transgender Person of Color who's bravely standing up to their fascist bully-boy stormtroopers trying to turn this joyful celebration of Liberty into a celebration of fascist bully-boy White Supremacistism? 

• Like 1

Just now, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

What about an invasion by White Supremacists, i.e. five or six people wearing red baseball hats, who the media can film getting into a confrontation with, preferably, a disabled transgender Person of Color who's bravely standing up to their fascist bully-boy stormtroopers trying to turn this joyful celebration of Liberty into a celebration of fascist bully-boy White Supremacistism? 

Exactly. The environment is more ripe for stupidity than any time I can recall as an adult.

15 hours ago, Setton said:

@RoofGardenerThoughts? 

America is a big country, @Setton. I'm sure it can arrange a parade AND deprive children of toothbrushes at the same time :D 

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

THANK YOU

Don't mention it :)

30 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

UPDATE: CBS, ABC, NBC and CNN Join MSNBC… Will Not Air President Trump’s July 4th Celebration

But they will stream it live on their various services.

Good on them.

good for them? Petulant childishness, robbing the people of a much-loved spectacle, because they hate the current occupant of the White House? :passifier:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

good for them? Petulant childishness, robbing the people of a much-loved spectacle, because they hate the current occupant of the White House? :passifier:

LOL we dont know if its much loved because the petulant child in the white house robbed the nation of our traditional and much loved spectacle in order to perform a campaign rally.

Damn right good on them for not giving his campaign free airtime.

Edited by Farmer77

Pentagon is using ‘creative accounting’ to help hide cost of Trump’s July Fourth rally: report

The Washington Post has detailed the costs surrounding the event, but they reported Wednesday that the Pentagon is doing what they can to hide the facts from the public.

“The Pentagon will use creative accounting to handle the assignment,” The Post said. “A defense official, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the conversation, said that the services will use existing allotments of training hours from the units involved, muddying the waters on what costs can be counted against the celebration.”

Conservative estimates expect $700,000 for the B-2 bomber, $300,000 for two F-22 fighters, $320,000 for the Blue Angels demonstration team and $660,000 for two F-35 jets. Unfortunately, the weather forecast might make the cost for nothing if torrential rains and storms prevent some aircraft from flying.

• Thanks 1