Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Asylum seekers can't be held w/out hearing

OverSword

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I'll second that. 

Well if you want to go by that logic- in the case of the asylum seekers the Constitution applies to the Trump administration and how he he can't violate multiple Constitutional protections and amendments regarding the treatment and jailing of them.

He's not violating anything.  He's following the law as it applies.  Most of the laws that people take exception to were enacted under previous administrations.  Congress passed them and it's up to congress to change them, as provided by the Constitution.  Until then Trump is following the law and his oath, also compelled by the Constitution.  Even when seeking asylum there are certain laws and procedures to be followed, specific offices to apply at.  You can't just crawl under or climb the fence and say "here I am, I want asylum".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

He's not violating anything.  He's following the law as it applies.  Most of the laws that people take exception to were enacted under previous administrations.  Congress passed them and it's up to congress to change them, as provided by the Constitution.  Until then Trump is following the law and his oath, also compelled by the Constitution.  Even when seeking asylum there are certain laws and procedures to be followed, specific offices to apply at.  You can't just crawl under or climb the fence and say "here I am, I want asylum".

Apparently, the US court system disagrees with you.  Hence this whole thread.

And sadly, yes you can literally just crawl under the fence and say, "Here I am, I want asylum."  https://immigrationforum.org/article/fact-sheet-u-s-asylum-process/

Affirmative asylum process – Individuals can apply for asylum affirmatively if they are physically present in the U.S., regardless of how they entered the country within one year after arrival.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Big Jim said:

All we hear about is the rights of potential immigrants, never about the rights of American citizens to live and prosper in their own country..

I see you've read up on some of the Democratic party's official platform.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big Jim said:

All we hear about is the rights of potential immigrants, never about the rights of American citizens to live and prosper in their own country.

Right?  I mean, is affordable healthcare, college, what we do with our bodies, what we want to smoke and ingest, who we want to marry...any of these things to be happy and prosper...is that to much to ask?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've heard the affordable healthcare spiel before. I wasn't impressed. It costed me a fortune.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, F3SS said:

I've heard the affordable healthcare spiel before. I wasn't impressed. It costed me a fortune.

I ain't got no dog in that fight.  I get free healthcare for me and my family for life anyway.  I still wish better for others.  Especially others with preexisting conditions.  But, I'm mostly labeled a horrible, stupid liberal for wanting better for others.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I ain't got no dog in that fight.  I get free healthcare for me and my family for life anyway.  I still wish better for others.  Especially others with preexisting conditions.  But, I'm mostly labeled a horrible, stupid liberal for wanting better for others.

absolutely,  you want it at the cost of others. you seem to be wishing well for some but ill for others even thou you have no idea that you do,  thus everything they say about you is correct.

Trump’s Census Tweet Shows the U.S. Government Is Led by a Madman

This is what it’s like working for a madman:

Suppose you’re a lawyer at the Department of Justice.  You’ve worked there for 16 years, serving Democrats and Republicans alike.  And, in a contentious lawsuit about the census, you tell the judge that, following last week’s landmark Supreme Court decision, the government has abandoned its plans to change the census to ask about citizenship and is printing the forms without the question now. 

Everyone verifies this is true: the Commerce Department, including Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross himself, the Census Bureau, and your colleagues at the DOJ.

Then, when you’re away for July 4 vacation, the president says that’s fake news.

What do you do?

If you’re Joshua Gardner, special counsel at the Department of Justice, you tell the judge – on the phone, after the judge read the tweet and asked for an impromptu hearing – that “I’ve always endeavored to be as candid as possible with the court.  What I told the Court yesterday was absolutely my best understanding of the state of affairs… The tweet this morning was the first I had heard of the President’s position on this issue…. I am doing my absolute best to figure out what’s going on.”

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Big Jim said:

trying to thwart the efforts of President Trump in protecting our country.  A

Praise be until trump for trying to protect t us from all those strawberry pickers, landscapers, roofers, and fast food workers. Could you even imagine the hell we would live in without trump?! COULD YOU??!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Praise be until trump for trying to protect t us from all those strawberry pickers, landscapers, roofers, and fast food workers. Could you even imagine the hell we would live in without trump?! COULD YOU??!!

Thanks.  Sometimes a little levity from the children's table is just what's needed to lighten up an adult conversation.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big Jim said:

Thanks.  Sometimes a little levity from the children's table is just what's needed to lighten up an adult conversation.  

I'm here to help!

Besides, this site had a huge conservative lean so you all turn every political thread into a huge circle jerk. Never a conversation to be had.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1

57 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Besides, this site had a huge conservative lean so you all turn every political thread into a huge circle jerk. Never a conversation to be had.

My brother-in-law sounds a lot like ^^this.  Sad, bitter, defeated.

He's lashing out at everyone on Facebook...even at Lefties who are telling him to tone down his hatred.  I think he's gone completely off his rocker.

It's his own fault, though...he doubled and then tripled down on 'stupid'.

34 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

My brother-in-law sounds a lot like ^^this.  Sad, bitter, defeated.

He's lashing out at everyone on Facebook...even at Lefties who are telling him to tone down his hatred.  I think he's gone completely off his rocker.

It's his own fault, though...he doubled and then tripled down on 'stupid'.

Well, I'm neither sad, bitter, nor defeated. I do, however, enjoy making fun of people on this site cause most of you are so goddamn full of yourselves.

3 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I'm here to help!

It looks like that when you hold the minority opinion.  Perhaps you should reconsider your position, or is the whole parade out of step except you?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

It looks like that when you hold the minority opinion.  Perhaps you should reconsider your position, or is the whole parade out of step except you?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Yes, praise be.  At least he is trying to do his job, but is thwarted at every turn by the Progs.  I keep hearing from the Progs that since Trump “touched” it, he should own it.  I believe that is what he is doing and one way of the other, he will accomplish it with or without the aid from the Progs.  You do understand that these strawberry pickers, landscapers, roofers, and fast food workers bring in crime, disease, and poverty?  It becomes over whelming to the local communities.  If someone crosses the border illegally, do you think they really care about not committing other crime?  There is no expectation to assimilate.  They come here and establish a sub culture of where they came from, which is exactly what they are fleeing.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Yes, praise be.  At least he is trying to do his job, but is thwarted at every turn by the Progs.  I keep hearing from the Progs that since Trump “touched” it, he should own it.  I believe that is what he is doing and one way of the other, he will accomplish it with or without the aid from the Progs.  You do understand that these strawberry pickers, landscapers, roofers, and fast food workers bring in crime, disease, and poverty?  It becomes over whelming to the local communities.  If someone crosses the border illegally, do you think they really care about not committing other crime?  There is no expectation to assimilate.  They come here and establish a sub culture of where they came from, which is exactly what they are fleeing.

For those of you that still do not know the difference between legal immigration and illegal migration, you should take the time to learn.  Illegal migration has consequences.  Our culture is a melting pot, not a salad bowl.  Multiple cultures cannot stand united.  Legal immigrants come here to join to our nation and dissolve the old bonds from their place of origin.  That is a very difficult thing to do.  To drop everything you were and knew and give new loyalties to a strange land and people.  That takes good character and strength.  This is something illegals do not do. 

During Trump’s speech, I couldn’t help but to focus in on Melania.  Here is someone who has no connection to me or my past, except that she chose to do so.  Her husband was telling our story of the great battles and events this nation performed and the great courage of our people and her tie to us is that those men and women sacrificed their lives for her to be an American.  We are the old white slave owner, even the slave.  That is where we emanate from.  It wasn’t who they were but the idea they believed in.  Our Founding Fathers were not perfect but they had a vision of perfection.  They had gone to the mountain top first.  And soon others followed.  200 years later, one reported to us what he had seen and I was there.  Illegals do not, cannot share that same clarity; it has no meaning to them.  If it did then they would come here legally no matter the dangers they faced.  This is another indication that they were put up to it.

Another consequence is, how much longer can we take in illegals before the locals have had enough?  When it reaches critical mass, illegals will surely be discriminated against as pestilence.  If our elected officials cannot fix things, then the people will.

Our laws, traditions, even our compassion is being used against us and we are being too stupid to realize it.  “Asylum” no longer has any meaning.  What is the purpose for releasing illegals into this country?  The only reason is to wreak havoc and anarchy.  This too has consequences and is doomed to fail.  It will backfire on those that are perpetrating it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

For those of you that still do not know the difference between legal immigration and illegal migration, you should take the time to learn.  Illegal migration has consequences.  Our culture is a melting pot, not a salad bowl.  Multiple cultures cannot stand united.  Legal immigrants come here to join to our nation and dissolve the old bonds from their place of origin.  That is a very difficult thing to do.  To drop everything you were and knew and give new loyalties to a strange land and people.  That takes good character and strength.  This is something illegals do not do. 

During Trump’s speech, I couldn’t help but to focus in on Melania.  Here is someone who has no connection to me or my past, except that she chose to do so.  Her husband was telling our story of the great battles and events this nation performed and the great courage of our people and her tie to us is that those men and women sacrificed their lives for her to be an American.  We are the old white slave owner, even the slave.  That is where we emanate from.  It wasn’t who they were but the idea they believed in.  Our Founding Fathers were not perfect but they had a vision of perfection.  They had gone to the mountain top first.  And soon others followed.  200 years later, one reported to us what he had seen and I was there.  Illegals do not, cannot share that same clarity; it has no meaning to them.  If it did then they would come here legally no matter the dangers they faced.  This is another indication that they were put up to it.

Another consequence is, how much longer can we take in illegals before the locals have had enough?  When it reaches critical mass, illegals will surely be discriminated against as pestilence.  If our elected officials cannot fix things, then the people will.

Our laws, traditions, even our compassion is being used against us and we are being too stupid to realize it.  “Asylum” no longer has any meaning.  What is the purpose for releasing illegals into this country?  The only reason is to wreak havoc and anarchy.  This too has consequences and is doomed to fail.  It will backfire on those that are perpetrating it.

Melania is a bad example. She came here and violated her visa (worked illegally and was thus an illegal alien) https://www.apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

(And that's not even getting into the stuff about the Einstein Visa)

To use her or Trump as models of good character and strength isn't a wise idea. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Melania is a bad example. She came here and violated her visa (worked illegally and was thus an illegal alien) https://www.apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

(And that's not even getting into the stuff about the Einstein Visa)

To use her or Trump as models of good character and strength isn't a wise idea. 

You do know that was a hit piece, right?  There’s much to this that is questionable.  Don’t get me wrong, I would agree that after reading that article, it certainly sounds like she was working up to 7 weeks before her visa came through.  But what’s the rest of the story?  You don’t suppose that this Paolo Zampolli wanted her on his casting couch and filled her head with promises?  What does a naïve 26 year old know of US Law?  If the question ever came up about working prior to getting her visa, I’m sure her handlers were telling her to not worry about it, it’s just paper work.  The wheels of business rarely stop for bureaucratic busy work.  I really doubt she was trying to defraud this country unlike hundreds of thousands of illegals are doing every month.  It never sounded like she was getting a welfare check.

If you can get past your TDS, then you’d see how Melania is a very good example.  A legal immigrant becoming the First Lady.  isn’t that the American dream?  You don’t think that Trump is motivated by the way Melania was treated to change immigration law?

The liberals know what they are doing. They are allowing undocumented workers to flood this country and they have created sanctuary cities to protect those illegals. Then every 10 years there is a census count. They then take that count and add electoral votes to States based on the number of increased delegates needed to cover this population increase.

Eventually a few decades down the road if nothing is done to stop this mass illegal immigration, no Republican will win a National election because liberal States like California and others might have combined electoral votes that would ensure victory regardless of how other states vote.in a few more decades, But if a Republican like Trump tries to do anything about it illegal immigration the old "racist" card gets thrown around. It's O.K if Obama deported 1.5 Million Illegals his first term. Such Hypocrisy.

I have seen illegals all my life since the early 70's growing up in Florida and it doesn't really bother me, I knew that had to eat and survive just like all of us. What bothers me is that now out of every twenty-nine people  in this country one is illegal. Something should have been done long ago. Some kind of aid to Mexico, more manufacturing jobs or whatever to keep their economy thriving.

I just don't know how we can keep taking illegals when we have a huge U.S National debt of 22 trillion that just keeps growing and no one seems to care to do a thing about it. If it was balanced I wouldn't be so concerned, but it isn't and a collapse could happen someday of our economy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, South Alabam said:

I just don't know how we can keep taking illegals when we have a huge U.S National debt of 22 trillion that just keeps growing and no one seems to care to do a thing about it. If it was balanced I wouldn't be so concerned, but it isn't and a collapse could happen someday of our economy.

It's affecting not just the economy but also the culture and quality of life.  You say you've lived with it down in Florida since the 70s.  Here in Ohio it became noticeable in the 90s.  I was living in a nice large apartment complex, with well tended grounds and a fountain.  Almost over night we were inundated with illegals.  They were living 15 to an apartment.  I remember seeing a ground floor apartment with the patio doors open and there was no furniture at all, just a dozen or so sleeping bags rolled up against the wall.  Broken down cars started filling the parking lot.  In spite of a prohibition against working on cars it began to resemble a repair shop's lot.  On weekends the formerly manicured grounds were being torn up by soccer games and the fountain became a nightly gathering spot and quickly became full of litter and beer cans.  I had laundry stolen and even saw one Latino wearing my belt. The long term tenants were no longer getting what they were paying for.  I can't think of one thing that has been improved by the influx of illegals.  I see this all over the area now.  When I go to a flea market I hear more Spanish than English.  I feel like a foreigner in my own country.  I can only imagine how much worse it must be closer to the border.  

• Like 1