Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

On becoming a super human

Zinc12

I believe the western world will eventually collapse as the inevitable effect of all this Marxist communist crap that is being embraced. I give it not more then 50 years until we will see crime rates shoot through the roof in all Western country's, people will become so trivial and useless that they will not be able to maintain the civilisation. Eventually there will be economic collapse followed by massive civil wars, it will all go down the pan!

After this age of degeneracy and triviality the pendulum will inevitably swing in the extreme opposite direction (and who can say that this is not the grand plan known to few in high places?).

The survivors of the wars that will sweep the western world will be eager to become better in every way then their predecessors. They will look on us with disgust and see few redeeming quality's. They will want to be as far away from what we represented as possible and in all ways. One of the ways this will manifest will be the search for the super human!

With that thought in mind and projecting into the future I see three possible paths that could be embraced, some very dangerous and could lead to the total destruction of humanity on this planet.

I list these four paths to the super human below, we must suspect that if there is intelligent life in this Universe these paths have already been embraced by some off world beings.

1) The cyborg: The path has already began, it starts off with portable devices which have access to the digital information network. These devices become increasingly smaller and fasten. The information network becomes increasingly all encompassing. The devices become capable of responding to speech commands. The devices are now worn on the body rather then being carried around. Soon the flaw is deserved, people cant type or speak faster then they can think. The argument is made that a connection direct to the human brain is the only solution. The human now has implants and those who do not cant keep up, cant operate at the same capacity who has instant mental access to the information network. The brains of these cyborg humans atrophies because everything question they have is instantly answered without effort on their part. Direct to brain social engineering turns these people into slaves to be ordered around by an elite few or the information network itself which by now is self aware. A mind virus can now kill a human because nerve impulses to all the glands and organs of the body can be controlled, arrhythmia of the heart is death and easily induced. This is only the mental aspect, worn out limbs and organs will be replaced with machine parts, life can be extended.

2) Genetic manipulation: For now it is illegal to engineer a human but after the war people don't give a damn about our laws, they were all scrapped in the future. We already know that genetic condition diseases can be removed by genetic engineering. In the future perhaps shortness of stature will be seen as a disease that needs to be removed. obesity, unattractiveness, strength, athletic performance and intelligence will all be manipulated genetically. The bigger brained humans of the future would think of a human with an IQ of 100 like a child. Much as in the case of above "natural" humans would not be able to compete either mentally or physically with these super humans. The danger is that genes will be engineered in or out of a human the function of which was not fully understood resulting in disaster. Still these "natural humans" could always be reverted to if a reset was required. Perhaps only he rich will be able to afford a designer baby the the lower intelligent naturals will serve as pets. 

3) Eugenics: Everyone knows how a prize Bull or a race horse was produced, selective breading! Humans like to think that somehow they are outside the laws of breeding that animals are subject to but they are not. Two tall parents will produce a tall child conversely two short parents will produce a short child. Two naturally athletic parents will produce an athletic child. Tell me do you think that two unattractive parents will breed and produce a very attractive child? How about two dumb parents, will they give birth to a genius? Uncomfortable questions...for now, but not in the future!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                This path to the super human is preferable to the above as the chances of unforeseen disasters due to genetic manipulation is greatly reduced. Will you be chosen, will you pass the tests? If so access to that island where these people are perfected is yours and you will walk among the elite of this Earth!

4) The adept: This forth and last method to produce the super human is speculative for it hinges on the ancient belief of transmutation not of metals but of the human through mystical practices. What does it mean to reach enlightenment/illumination, is it real or just myth? The ancients speak of such people preforming miracles. The ability to see into the future and past. Hearing ones thoughts, communicating mind to mind. Flying in the air, walking through flames unharmed, access to the akashic records and living for hundreds of years. In India these powers are called Siddhi and are a natural development of a human who has become a super human or more then a human. It is said that in the past in previous aeons (yuga) such humans were more common but that in our age of the kaliyuga humans are reduced in both size and mental capacity. Our age they say is the age in which people delight in argument and idle gossip. It is the age of triviality which culminates in a time when humans just live to gratify their genitals and the filling of their stomachs. In our age few will attain or believe in the Siddhi they said, but such powers were used in the past to see our future and the coming war I started this thread with.

Edited by Zinc12
  • Confused 1

Are zombies still in fashion?

• Haha 3

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

Are zombies still in fashion?

Hmm, you've got a point. Perhaps we need something new. Killer robots? Nah, been done. Zombie Robots??? Maybe. Are we going to Cronenberg the world up?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Is this essay meant to be provocative?

Not all things can be provocative to all people...some people find reality tv provocative for example. 

19 minutes ago, The Wistman said:

Is this essay meant to be provocative?

If you honestly want to become "super human" you will need body weight training, cardio, survival skills, and a strong will. All of those are trainable.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

This should be in the conspiracy section

Because genetic engineering and technological implants are conspiracy's?

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

If you honestly want to become "super human" you will need body weight training, cardio, survival skills, and a strong will. All of those are trainable.

Done it already ;)

So you're prepared for something that might not happen and if it does happen you'll probably die anyway. Okay.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Hmm, you've got a point. Perhaps we need something new. Killer robots? Nah, been done. Zombie Robots??? Maybe. Are we going to Cronenberg the world up?

I don't know, a lot of it has already been done to death, like vampire, zombies, genetically modified humans like Nietzschians, cyborgs, angry androids, angry sentient animals, what else is there?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Don't forget some brain enhancement that helps you think faster, and maybe super foods for optimum health.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zinc12 said:

Because genetic engineering and technological implants are conspiracy's?

You opening paragraph is filled with conspiracy 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 1

So you're prepared for something that might not happen and if it does happen you'll probably die anyway. Okay.

Nope, I did all that stuff for fun. This future has nothing to do with me, if it happens it happens.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Don't forget some brain enhancement that helps you think faster, and maybe super foods for optimum health.

In a SHTF event. I don't think anyone's going to count calories. Most of it will start off as small urban warfare, then the looting in mass, fire will probably consume the bulk of cities. Water will become contaminated due to the sewer systems being down. Later on nuclear power plants will go Chernobyl. Not to mention how many animals might escape the zoos. Yeah, more than likely, we'll all die very quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

You opening paragraph is filled with conspiracy 

Speculation maybe, the forth is linked to the opening as I mentioned and I also said it was speculative. Speculation and conspiracy do not equate to the same thing.

4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

In a SHTF event. I don't think anyone's going to count calories. Most of it will start off as small urban warfare, then the looting in mass, fire will probably consume the bulk of cities. Water will become contaminated due to the sewer systems being down. Later on nuclear power plants will go Chernobyl. Not to mention how many animals might escape the zoos. Yeah, more than likely, we'll all die very quickly. 

Well not everyone lives in the city, and some will get the wiff of civil war before it happens and flee, others will fight their way out. No nuclear reactor will go hot because they will all automatically shut down with the drop of the control rods. 

3 minutes ago, Zinc12 said:

Speculation maybe, the forth is linked to the opening as I mentioned and I also said it was speculative. Speculation and conspiracy do not equate to the same thing.

Whatever, man. I'm not the internet police. Just think it's in the wrong section.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Whatever, man. I'm not the internet police. Just think it's in the wrong section.

Same. This has nothing to do with psychology or even philosophy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

This reminds me of 1998 when my neighbor got obsessed with Y2K.  She drove everyone nuts insisting we all stockpile food because society would break down etc.  None of us could explain to her why Y2K wouldn't happen.  So, I stockpiled coffee, toilet paper, toothbrushes, cleaning supplies, toothpaste etc. because I knew I would have something I could trade for food if my garden couldn't keep me and mostly just to keep her from nagging me.  She insisted we each buy a 50 lb bag of beans, which I did (finished the last of those in 2003).  I had a 20 pound bag of rice but that does not keep well so I had to throw most of it away in 2001.  I agree, if everything goes belly up we will be in survival mode and if there are survivors they will be functioning back in the past, like 1800's or earlier.

• Like 2

Think again perhaps