Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dimensions

zep73

3 minutes ago, sci-nerd said:

Nothing living or thinking can exist in a higher dimension. They can't even be proven. They are a concept of mathematics.

Don't let anyone tell you that there is a Native or Buddhist concept of a "Higher Dimension".  There isn't. It was totally concocted by Theosophists and grabbed by Newagers.

Good post Nerd!!! :yes:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I get so worked up when people take scientific concepts they don't understand and twist them into some dumbass woo. Read a ****ing book for a chnage.

Me to. 

I never saw the word "quantum" in any real Buddhist writing.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Ahhhh...  The Tao of something in everything... 

~

• Haha 5

Just now, third_eye said:

Ahhhh...  The Tao of something in everything... 

Your not suppose to try to figure it out! :angry:

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Your not suppose to try to figure it out! :angry:

Senpai got stuck at femtometer too, eh? 

:D

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Senpai got stuck at femtometer too, eh? 

:lol: LMAO!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Our thought create quantum vibrations that transcend higher dimensions.:tu:

*Smacks Xeno in the back of his head* 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Piney said:

*Smacks Xeno in the back of his head* 

Spooky action from a distance? 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Ever since the public was introduced to the 11 dimensions of string theory, it became an excuse, or a means to explain supernatural beings. With so many hidden variables to reality, that even science accepted, there was finally a legit natural explanation to the things that escapes our eyes. A natural explanation of the hidden world of gods, angels, demons and spirits.

But what was not told about those dimensions - the crucial aspects about them - is that they are mathematical conjectures and that they are smaller than tiny.
If they exist - and that is far from proven yet - they exist inside particles, and are at the Planck level.

Planck_scale.gif

Mathematically those tiny extra dimensions inside tiny particles are just solutions to the gravity problem. Each dimension adds a degree of freedom. The simplest string theory explanation demands 11 dimensions. Others demand more.

None of them adds a world to the one we know!

This is an imagined 11 dimensional particle

Calabi_yau.jpg,

Nothing living or thinking can exist in a higher dimension.

Excellent post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Our thought create quantum vibrations that transcend higher dimensions.:tu:

That's the medium of how God talks to walker. In the imaginary realm of mathematical concepts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

I felt here too. I was wondering why I woke up at 4am, must have been @Piney using quantum telepathic vibrations. Now if he can figure a way to pleasure women using this technique he'd be a made man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Ever since the public was introduced to the 11 dimensions of string theory, it became an excuse, or a means to explain supernatural beings. With so many hidden variables to reality, that even science accepted, there was finally a legit natural explanation to the things that escapes our eyes. A natural explanation of the hidden world of gods, angels, demons and spirits.

But what was not told about those dimensions - the crucial aspects about them - is that they are mathematical conjectures and that they are smaller than tiny.
If they exist - and that is far from proven yet - they exist inside particles, and are at the Planck level.

Planck_scale.gif

Mathematically those tiny extra dimensions inside tiny particles are just solutions to the gravity problem. Each dimension adds a degree of freedom. The simplest string theory explanation demands 11 dimensions. Others demand more.

None of them adds a world to the one we know!

This is an imagined 11 dimensional particle

Calabi_yau.jpg,

Nothing living or thinking can exist in a higher dimension.

The computer you are using to post this debate on contains a multi-phase power supply, transistors, diodes, capacitors, and a range of other components. They all work off quantum mechanics.

Lets pick one, lets pick the multi-phase power supply. The mathematics which describe how that works and which has enabled it to be built contains higher dimensions. You believe that no evidence exists of higher dimensions existing but thats a distortion. The correct terminology should be `no direct evidence`.

Its true that we have `no direct evidence` like a scientist would acquire by isolating an organism in a petri dish. But we do have indirect evidence, a huge amount of it actually. The one I will bring to your attention right now is that your PC multi-phase power supply works. The mathematics based on higher dimensions which your power supply runs off works, and works as predicted by the equations.

Moving onto the size of higher dimensions then one stance as to why we cannot see them with our eyes is that they are tiny. That is just a proposition. Its not proved, there is no direct or indirect evidence indicating what the size of those dimensions is. Its nothing more than speculation.

Lets go religion and focus on mysticism. You might be surprised to know that ideas about extra dimensions are not new and have been around for at least 5000 years. Although in the past they gained that knowledge by doing mushrooms and a range of other drugs. 

They have those extra spatial dimensions exactly the same size as the three we currently experience. The position they adopt is we can move around them. The difference is QM has no approach people can use to travel down them while mysticism does. 

• Like 1

Just now, danydandan said:

I felt here too. I was wondering why I woke up at 4am, must have been @Piney using quantum telepathic vibrations. Now if he can figure a way to pleasure women using this technique he'd be a made man.

I believe he has only managed to accomplish it with men so far, but I'm sure he'll work it out one day, I'm not into action at a distance as I'm more inclined towards physical than psychic... 

~

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, RabidMongoose said:

The computer you are using to post this debate on contains a multi-phase power supply, transistors, diodes, capacitors, and a range of other components. They all work off quantum mechanics.

Lets pick one, lets pick the multi-phase power supply. The mathematics which describe how that works and which has enabled it to be built contains higher dimensions. You believe that no evidence exists of higher dimensions existing but thats a distortion. The correct terminology should be `no direct evidence`.

Its true that we have `no direct evidence` like a scientist would acquire by isolating an organism in a petri dish. But we do have indirect evidence, a huge amount of it actually. The one I will bring to your attention right now is that your PC multi-phase power supply works. The mathematics based on higher dimensions which your power supply runs off works, and works as predicted by the equations.

Moving onto the size of higher dimensions then one stance as to why we cannot see them with our eyes is that they are tiny. That is just a proposition. Its not proved, there is no direct or indirect evidence indicating what the size of those dimensions is. Its nothing more than speculation.

Lets go religion and focus on mysticism. You might be surprised to know that ideas about extra dimensions are not new and have been around for at least 5000 years. Although in the past they gained that knowledge by doing mushrooms and a range of other drugs. 

They have those extra spatial dimensions exactly the same size as the three we currently experience. The position they adopt is we can move around them. The difference is QM has no approach people can use to travel down them while mysticism does. 

Eh no. The power supply he is using to power his PC is single phase, that obvious. That can be easily explained without the introduction of quantum mechanics. 

There are no extra dimensions, it's all uncertainty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

45 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Eh no. The power supply he is using to power his PC is single phase, that obvious. That can be easily explained without the introduction of quantum mechanics. 

There are no extra dimensions, it's all uncertainty.

All PC power supplies are multi-phase. In addition the power supplies in everything that runs off an AC supply are too including your television, microwave, and washing machine.

You have a maths degree if I remember correctly? This might be easier to explain to you in this case.

Most people dont realise this (because they never studied electrical engineering) but the AC electricity supply which comes out of their wall sockets has extra dimensions. Its dimensions are voltage, time, J, and Real.

At high school people are given a very basic understanding of electronics but if you check this out then all electrical components (resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, motors, inductors, etc) also all come with J and Real values.

So lets start with that AC sin wave which gives people the impression the electricity coming out of their wall sockets varies between +240v -240v 50 times a second. It doesnt. The voltage is always the same, its that the direction the voltage wants to travel down J and Real which varies 50 times a second. A crucial difference.

A 2-dimensional cross section gives out the impression the voltage varies, taking into account the full four dimensional picture shows the voltage remains the same. Its the direction down the two extra dimensions (J, and Real) which changes.

Now lets blow your mind. While teaching about the 2 extra AC electricity supply dimensions is standard practice in electrical engineering, there are actually even more. Currently with the power supplies NASA has developed to power its ion drive prototypes they use 6 extra dimensions.

Going back to our electrical components then companies focus on making the most efficient use of your electricity supply (to keep your bills down). With PCs that means doing a complicated set of calculations to arrive at a J and Real value for the motherboard based off all its components. Then making the circuit board in phase with your electricity supply. 

That means adding in some extra components selecting them based on their J and Real values to get the phase angle of the motherboard 80% to 85% aligned with your electricity supply. 90% and above is avoided because that causes electrical resonance which is dangerous. You know when people buy a cheap washing machine and complain they get electric shocks off things in their kitchen? Thats caused by components aligning the phase angles a little too well (90% and above).

Anyway, ask any electrical engineer about extra dimensions, they are in use. The mathematics works. And this stuff is pervasive around your home in anything electrical running off an AC power supply.

The idea there is no evidence of extra dimensions is wrong. Its no direct evidence. As I pointed out that because the stuff works that is indirect evidence that extra dimensions are very real.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

The idea there is no evidence of extra dimensions is wrong. Its no direct evidence. As I pointed out that because the stuff works that is indirect evidence that extra dimensions are very real.

bull****.  Just stop.  This is the fallacy of equivocation, mathematical dimensions are not evidence of extra physical dimensions.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, third_eye said:

~

With bottled water :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

All PC power supplies are multi-phase. In addition the power supplies in everything that runs off an AC supply are too including your television, microwave, and washing machine.

You have a maths degree if I remember correctly? This might be easier to explain to you in this case.

Most people dont realise this (because they never studied electrical engineering) but the AC electricity supply which comes out of their wall sockets has extra dimensions. Its dimensions are voltage, time, J, and Real.

At high school people are given a very basic understanding of electronics but if you check this out then all electrical components (resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, motors, inductors, etc) also all come with J and Real values.

So lets start with that AC sin wave which gives people the impression the electricity coming out of their wall sockets varies between +240v -240v 50 times a second. It doesnt. The voltage is always the same, its that the direction the voltage wants to travel down J and Real which varies 50 times a second. A crucial difference.

A 2-dimensional cross section gives out the impression the voltage varies, taking into account the full four dimensional picture shows the voltage remains the same. Its the direction down the two extra dimensions (J, and Real) which changes.

Now lets blow your mind. While teaching about the 2 extra AC electricity supply dimensions is standard practice in electrical engineering, there are actually even more. Currently with the power supplies NASA has developed to power its ion drive prototypes they use 6 extra dimensions.

Going back to our electrical components then companies focus on making the most efficient use of your electricity supply (to keep your bills down). With PCs that means doing a complicated set of calculations to arrive at a J and Real value for the motherboard based off all its components. Then making the circuit board in phase with your electricity supply. 

That means adding in some extra components selecting them based on their J and Real values to get the phase angle of the motherboard 80% to 85% aligned with your electricity supply. 90% and above is avoided because that causes electrical resonance which is dangerous. You know when people buy a cheap washing machine and complain they get electric shocks off things in their kitchen? Thats caused by components aligning the phase angles a little too well (90% and above).

Anyway, ask any electrical engineer about extra dimensions, they are in use. The mathematics works. And this stuff is pervasive around your home in anything electrical running off an AC power supply.

You are talking about polyphase supplies, or commonly known as three phase supply. The supply going to your PC is a single phase supply. Unless you have a supercomputer.

I have Masters in Electrical Engineering and PhD in Physics. I'm not smart enough to have anything to do with mathematics.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You are talking about polyphase supplies, or commonly known as three phase supply. The supply going to your PC is a single phase supply. Unless you have a supercomputer.

I have Masters in Electrical Engineering and PhD in Physics. I'm not smart enough to have anything to do with mathematics.

Yes, it includes 3-phase supplies. 

But all those imaginary numbers and complex equations are used for ordinary AC power supplies because as you know AC is a wave. And you get make far more efficient use of a wave if you align the phase angle of your circuit with its phase angle. I have seen PC power supplies giving out 11 phase.

Nice to see you back anyway danydandan, you`ve missed some entertaining debates on the Brexit topics.

2 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

bull****.  Just stop.  This is the fallacy of equivocation, mathematical dimensions are not evidence of extra physical dimensions.

Again if the maths works, if it accurately produces the predicted real world results, then its evidence.

Edited by RabidMongoose

5 hours ago, danydandan said:

Now if he can figure a way to pleasure women using this technique he'd be a made man.

I just shapeshift into a mountain lion. Pagan chicks love it. :yes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, danydandan said:

That's the medium of how God talks to walker. In the imaginary realm of mathematical concepts.

I thought it was a FTL drive in his frontal lobe? :huh:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RabidMongoose said:

Nice to see you back anyway danydandan, you`ve missed some entertaining debates on the Brexit topics.

Ah brexit is a lot crap. I only really frequent this section of the forums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1