Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Remembering your past lives.

Cosmic Viking

On 7/11/2019 at 10:21 AM, Cosmic Viking said:

It's very interesting subject and I'm fascinated by responses. There was a program on tv a few months ago talking about this subject with 3 and 4 year old children who believed they had fresh memories of a life that they once lived.describing everything to the last spoon .about where they lived and houses they live in and relationships they had .after doing a investigation of their stories they found such places and houses and people exist or existed. So how can a 4 year old tell such detailed information about places and people even describing inside of houses that they never been to in their present life..very interesting  I say ..

You might  Like this book,

I have it, and I found it fascinating. As to how I view it, I have my thoughts, and to me, it could be either/or. *shrugs*

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I’ve always had these feelings that I have had past lives in the Deep South and in England. I don’t know where these feelings will lead me, but who knows............. ;)  

When I was a  kid I had an anger that I could not rationalize about the buffalo being almost completely wiped out.  It was a very emotional thing for me and when I was in second grade my teacher taught us history "off the books" - the school we were in had no  money for books so we had old text books that the teacher's brother's friends that taught in a different school district gave him instead of putting them in the dumpster.  The history book was from the 40's and the first 3 chapters were on the pilgrims, which the teacher loved, but chapter 4 was about Custer and she hated Custer.  Her ancestors were native and Spanish conquistadors.  Once we got finished with chapter 3 we had to give the books back.  The rest of the year she taught the history of the area but it included the destruction of the buffalo herds in the midwest that was done by the U.S. calvary in order to control the natives in that area by taking away their winter food.  She was angry too and it hit home. 

It was something I did not "know" but something I already knew.  I also used to have dreams of riding a horse across a plain when I was a child,  terrain very different from where I grew up that I had never seen. 

That and the stories my cousins, neices, nephews and my own kids have told me when they are 3 make me sure that if there are no previous lives then there is some way we can tap in to something historical that actually happened before we were born into this body.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:
11 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I’ve always had these feelings that I have had past lives in the Deep South and in England. I don’t know where these feelings will lead me, but who knows............. ;)  

When I was a  kid I had an anger that I could not rationalize about the buffalo being almost completely wiped out.  It was a very emotional thing for me and when I was in second grade my teacher taught us history "off the books" - the school we were in had no  money for books so we had old text books that the teacher's brother's friends that taught in a different school district gave him instead of putting them in the dumpster.  The history book was from the 40's and the first 3 chapters were on the pilgrims, which the teacher loved, but chapter 4 was about Custer and she hated Custer.  Her ancestors were native and Spanish conquistadors.  Once we got finished with chapter 3 we had to give the books back.  The rest of the year she taught the history of the area but it included the destruction of the buffalo herds in the midwest that was done by the U.S. calvary in order to control the natives in that area by taking away their winter food.  She was angry too and it hit home. 

It was something I did not "know" but something I already knew.  I also used to have dreams of riding a horse across a plain when I was a child,  terrain very different from where I grew up that I had never seen. 

That and the stories my cousins, neices, nephews and my own kids have told me when they are 3 make me sure that if there are no previous lives then there is some way we can tap in to something historical that actually happened before we were born into this body.

I have come across this in various books and internet searches. And the book I have, that I posted a link to for someone else here, shows the same thing. Kids, having knowledge and ‘memories’ of things they would not really have as kids, yet they do and the similarities of what is researched from the past. I do get wide eyed on that. It does intrigue me. :yes:  

Maybe, in some level, it can be explained away, but when there are experiences and situations, like your’s, I often feel how it can be to a certain point. That’s me though, and still a fascination within me, that does get quietly fueled by recounts of such experiences. 

On another level, I look at it, we might now have more accessibility to our present, the future history, because of more availability to record keeping, sometimes we can probably get more info and consider it from such experiences. *shrugs* 

Like I said, that’s how I sometimes see it. :)  

• Like 2

I've had similar experiences to those mentioned here, and one relationship where we were certain we'd met before.  It was eerie.  Desertrat mentions the buffalo, for me it's the sea.  I was born in Ohio but from an early age I've been drawn to New England.  I have no love for beaches or the ocean, but the first time I saw the coast in Maine it felt like coming home.  I've always liked woodworking and now and then I get vague impressions that I might have been a ship's carpenter.  One of the few people on a ship that might not have been a sailor, hence no love for the sea.  I like nautical things but have no desire to sail.  I get little glimpses of other things, other times and places, but they're fleeting and ephemeral, like a dream you can't recall.  I'm open to all possibilities, it's what draws me to a site like UM.  There is so much we don't know, things we're not even aware of, that I can't rule out things like reincarnation.  It's an idea shared by millions and it's been around for as long as people have left records so it's not just a fad. 

• Like 1

Yes it's not a simple black and white answer. Even if it was 100%true and someone knew 100% that they remember without a shadow of a doubt. Most people wouldn't believe them anyway. Anything that cant be seen touched or heard  usually ends up being treated as crazy or being  called delusional by those who aren't experiencing the same thing . .just a thought 

• Like 1

ok this is my experience, believe it or not. :) 

Rather than living specific past lives I visit and explore lives from  the past, and present, and even on other planets. I do this while linked to the cosmic consciousness 

I use it  for recreational purposes and for historical research and to look at the lives of past family members

The cosmic consciousness stores and links all consciousnesses, both past and present, and anyone can use it, like a library. They are stored in virtual reality format so you can become someone from the past and see through their eyes or you can observe and interact using your own consciousness.  Ive watched the pyramids being built and walked with doctors through my local hospital in the 1930s

From these experiences as child, combined with reading,  i learned how to make gunpowder, how to make and use long bows  cross bows ballistas etc.  Because much of a learned expedience is the practice of it building skills in your mind i could learn skills like horse riding by riding in an historical period, then hone them up in real life  

Ive walked and ridden a motor bike  with my father while he was courting my mother in the forties  and visited numerous life forms in different jobs across the universe  Ive fought with sailors  soldiers and airmen in most of the wars across history and been part of communities from  amazonian Indians and kalahari bushmen to generational space ships. 

You cant speak the language unless you actually know it but you can observe and piggy back on another's mind and learn a great deal from  observation :)

• Like 2

@Mr Walker  I find that interesting.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 2:20 AM, Pettytalk said:

On the ground, there cannot ever be enough evidence to convince the cynics. They want 100% proof. And only God can provide 100% of anything. As they say, some people never see the light until the day they die.

I'm pretty sure bringing God into this isn't a good argument, either.  That's like saying "My imaginary thing is going to prove your imaginary thing true some day, just wait until we are all dead and it doesn't matter anymore anyway. That'll show YOU."

• Haha 2

Here's one little story for you. Not sure what it means if anything.

I was at a seminar and watching the speaker. I kept looking at him and thinking, "I know him."  And I mean I felt like I REALLY knew him. Not casually, not in passing, not from media or anything like that. I felt like we were close friends somehow but I couldn't make anything about him -- his job, his name, what he was talking about -- relate to anything I could recognize.

After the seminar was over, he was with his wife and talking to a group of sponsors and as I walked by he said, "Excuse me, do I know you?"  

We stood there for 20 minutes trying to figure out if our lives had ever intersected in any way: friends, family, where we lived, where we went to school, jobs, you name it, we tried to find it. We came up with nothing. *Nothing*.  Just the overwhelming feeling we both had, independently, that we knew each other.

And I walked away and never saw him again.

Maybe next life.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

Here's one little story for you. Not sure what it means if anything.

I was at a seminar and watching the speaker. I kept looking at him and thinking, "I know him."  And I mean I felt like I REALLY knew him. Not casually, not in passing, not from media or anything like that. I felt like we were close friends somehow but I couldn't make anything about him -- his job, his name, what he was talking about -- relate to anything I could recognize.

After the seminar was over, he was with his wife and talking to a group of sponsors and as I walked by he said, "Excuse me, do I know you?"  

We stood there for 20 minutes trying to figure out if our lives had ever intersected in any way: friends, family, where we lived, where we went to school, jobs, you name it, we tried to find it. We came up with nothing. *Nothing*.  Just the overwhelming feeling we both had, independently, that we knew each other.

And I walked away and never saw him again.

Maybe next life.

I have had that experience before too.  And a really weird one where a coworker, whose name I don't ever remember, was always Connie to me.  I always thought of her as Connie and even when she would get angry and tell me her name I would walk away and forget it immediately.  I thought maybe I knew her in another life, or she was in witness protection and her real name was Connie.  :P  So, her anger was that I was blowing her cover.  (we do have a lot of witness protection people in Albuquerque, in fact the city of Rio Rancho was built specifically for that in the 60's)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have had that experience before too.  And a really weird one where a coworker, whose name I don't ever remember, was always Connie to me.  I always thought of her as Connie and even when she would get angry and tell me her name I would walk away and forget it immediately.  I thought maybe I knew her in another life, or she was in witness protection and her real name was Connie.  :P  So, her anger was that I was blowing her cover.  (we do have a lot of witness protection people in Albuquerque, in fact the city of Rio Rancho was built specifically for that in the 60's)

When my nephew was little and just learning to say his name, "Jason", we would constantly ask him over and over what his name was just so he'd say, "Jason" in his little voice.  But one time, while the entire family sat around adoring him, he lisped out, "Paul" instead. 

There were no Pauls in our family or in the orbit of his parents.  He never did it again.  Just that once. But it WAS clear as bell.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ScotDeerie said:

When my nephew was little and just learning to say his name, "Jason", we would constantly ask him over and over what his name was just so he'd say, "Jason" in his little voice.  But one time, while the entire family sat around adoring him, he lisped out, "Paul" instead. 

There were no Pauls in our family or in the orbit of his parents.  He never did it again.  Just that once. But it WAS clear as bell.

When my grandson started talking he had a different name for each of us that did not sound anything like our name, My mom was called Granny, but he called her Gise, his brother, Matthew he called Ayoo, which maybe could be Matthew, I was Payette, which is not close at all to my name.  He asked me once when he was three "Do you remember when I was big and you were little?"  I asked him what he remembered but he was silent.  He was often a silent, pensive child who loved to wash windows.  Now he is gregarious and very messy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

When my grandson started talking he had a different name for each of us that did not sound anything like our name, My mom was called Granny, but he called her Gise, his brother, Matthew he called Ayoo, which maybe could be Matthew, I was Payette, which is not close at all to my name.  He asked me once when he was three "Do you remember when I was big and you were little?"  I asked him what he remembered but he was silent.  He was often a silent, pensive child who loved to wash windows.  Now he is gregarious and very messy.

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?  My daughter also wanted to be called Jennifer for many years.  (Not even close to her name.)

• Like 1

in my observations and from speaking with many who have had similar experiences, I am starting to believe that what we are going through it's not a memory from past life but we are somehow able to connect ourselves and our brains to other people who have had such experiences or who remember the ancestors having been through these experiences and we live as the memories are hours.

Our brains emit gamma radiation, same as animals during danger and specific life or death situations including earthquakes tsunamis Etc we  seem to have timely reactions.

10 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

in my observations and from speaking with many who have had similar experiences, I am starting to believe that what we are going through it's not a memory from past life but we are somehow able to connect ourselves and our brains to other people who have had such experiences or who remember the ancestors having been through these experiences and we live as the memories are hours.

Our brains emit gamma radiation, same as animals during danger and specific life or death situations including earthquakes tsunamis Etc we  seem to have timely reactions.

That is interesting. I wonder how this would work though, as a 10 year old in the desert remembering riding a horse, galloping across a mid western plain she had never been to.  Or a 3 year old who is worried about his family and knows their names and address.

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:02 AM, XenoFish said:

No to everything. No past lives, only false memories and I answer because I can. Reincarnation simply doesn't exist.

I don't know about that.  There are a few compelling cases.  The Scottish boy who recalls local events during WWII, children in India that can tell details about former family and neighbors in villages they have not been to.  The boy that tells details about the fighter squadron, carrier he was in in the pacific in WWII.  Every once in a while a case pops up that makes me wonder. 

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

I don't know about that.  There are a few compelling cases.  The Scottish boy who recalls local events during WWII, children in India that can tell details about former family and neighbors in villages they have not been to.  The boy that tells details about the fighter squadron, carrier he was in in the pacific in WWII.  Every once in a while a case pops up that makes me wonder. 

Just lies. It's all lies or utter foolishness. Once we are dead. That is it. 

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 6:25 AM, Timothy said:

Lovely memories. But it's all in your mind. That's the reality.

Reincarnation would be easily verifiable.

Assuming that memories were clear and accurate.  As we know memories even in the life we know for sure we live are subject to many variables and not really that reliable.  I think I read a study which states every time you recall something you overwrite actual memory with a memory of a memory and distort it further with every recollection.

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Just lies. It's all lies or utter foolishness. Once we are dead. That is it. 

Oh how miserable it must be to be closed off to wonder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Oh how miserable it must be to be closed off to wonder.

There is nothing of wonder in this world. People and their fantasies, always wanting there to be more when there is nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

There is nothing of wonder in this world. People and their fantasies, always wanting there to be more when there is nothing. 

there is plenty of wonder in this world.

22 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

No there really isn't. 

So we know everything.  No reason to wonder about anything at all.  Good to know.

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

So we know everything.  No reason to wonder about anything at all.  Good to know.

Wouldn't matter either way. It's all dust eventually.