Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Cosmic Viking

Remembering your past lives.

94 posts in this topic

darkmoonlady

Some of my first words were telling my Mom I had another mother and I drowned. I had memories of a previous life from the start. As an adult I had regression hypnosis and learned of more. Not famous or well know, just ordinary people. It helped completely remove specific phobias and anxieties I'd had. To me I don't need anyone else to believe me, I know what I know and I know I lived before and probably will again. 

• Like 1

Timothy
16 hours ago, OverSword said:

Assuming that memories were clear and accurate.  As we know memories even in the life we know for sure we live are subject to many variables and not really that reliable.  I think I read a study which states every time you recall something you overwrite actual memory with a memory of a memory and distort it further with every recollection.

Oh of course. Yes our memories are altered by our individual perception of our reality, and yes altered when we remember them. 

Someone who exaggerates alters theirs more than someone who is more factual etc. 

‘The fish was this big!’, ‘nah mate, we measured and it was actually x big.’

But still it should be easily verifiable if someone is actually a reincarnation...

Reincarnoid(?). Lol!

Timothy
6 hours ago, darkmoonlady said:

Some of my first words were telling my Mom I had another mother and I drowned. I had memories of a previous life from the start. As an adult I had regression hypnosis and learned of more. Not famous or well know, just ordinary people. It helped completely remove specific phobias and anxieties I'd had. To me I don't need anyone else to believe me, I know what I know and I know I lived before and probably will again. 

If it had a positive effect on you and your life, then that’s fine. 

And if you don’t need others to believe, then all good!

Especially if helping with completely removing phobias/anxieties.

You know I’m a staunch sceptic! (It ain’t entirely a secret, lol) But any chance you feel comfortable enough to let us know the type of phobias/anxieties it helped with? 

Was it that you felt more grounded knowing for you that you had a deep connection with something? I’m not on the attack, just interested to understand.

Reincarnation/karma etc. and how it works is always a bit elusive.  

Desertrat56
4 hours ago, Timothy said:

You know I’m a staunch sceptic! (It ain’t entirely a secret, lol) But any chance you feel comfortable enough to let us know the type of phobias/anxieties it helped with? 

Was it that you felt more grounded knowing for you that you had a deep connection with something? I’m not on the attack, just interested to understand.

I can't  speak for Darkmoonlady, but I can tell you about my friend who was always cold, even on the hottest day outside in southern New Mexico.  She had a past life regression that concerned freezing to death on a mountain with a bunch of other people.  After that she was not cold except if she went out in the snow.  It is an anecdote, I know, but that is an example, just in case Darkmoonlady doesn't want to share.

OverSword
4 hours ago, Timothy said:

Oh of course. Yes our memories are altered by our individual perception of our reality, and yes altered when we remember them. 

Someone who exaggerates alters theirs more than someone who is more factual etc. 

‘The fish was this big!’, ‘nah mate, we measured and it was actually x big.’

But still it should be easily verifiable if someone is actually a reincarnation...

Reincarnoid(?). Lol!

There are several cases in which verifiable facts were given by children who claimed to have lived before. Does this change your mind? 

• Like 1

darkmoonlady
7 hours ago, Timothy said:

The memories were quite clear, of my mother standing over the edge of water and screaming and crying. I described all of this as best I could as I started to talk and communicate better. I had an open minded Mom who listened and just let me talk which I think is why I felt no weirdness about it, just seemed normal that I remembered it. As I got older I had this sound I'd hear in my head that kept me awake at night. It was awful and I didn't know what it was, only I could not turn it off. This was from about 4 until I was eleven. I'd lay awake and cry because this sound was driving me crazy and I couldn't make it stop. Finally I told my Mom and described the sound to her and she connected it to my past life. She said maybe it was the sound of water lapping in your ear when you drowned. From that moment I never heard it again where I couldn't just make it go away. 

As an adult I had a very weird specific phobia of dying and no one knowing who I was, which in the context of my life made no sense. I had a big family and if I died they'd know it was me but even still right before sleep it's be this repeating panic. When I did regression it was not at all to deal with anxiety I was just curious about the life I remembered and wanted some more information if possible. During the sessions I was a poor teenage black girl in the South in the 20's. I'd gone to find work washing linens in a hotel and got sick and died. I died knowing no one knew me and far away from anyone I loved, alone and unknown. After that session the phobia was gone. 

I learned a little more about the past life where I drowned that wasn't a phobia but more it shifted my relationship with my sister. In that life she was my grandmother. I was born with Down syndrome in a well to do family and my mother refused to institutionalize me and kept me upstairs in a couple of rooms away from everyone. My only time outside was during church services and we went to a park with river. My grandmother pushed me into the water knowing I couldn't swim. I think I was four at the time, didn't take long and my mother found me floating. I knew somehow my sister now was my Grandmother in that life. Our relationship changed a lot after that for the better (I didn't tell her for quite a while), she was a bully sometimes and sometimes nice and I always felt intimidated by her. After that it felt like all the power my sister had over me was gone and we could be more like friends. 

That's a couple examples. I had some short lives where I died rather young, nothing where I was a queen or anything. I had one traumatic one that stood out. I was living on a fjord and engaged to a woman across the next fjord and on the day of our wedding my tribe paddled across and unbeknownst to me my father the head of the tribe had decided to raid instead and it was a bloodbath. I ended up stabbing my bride to save her a worse fate as I knew I couldn't save her from my father. Awful feeling remembering what a knife feels like going into someone. That was actually something I wish I hadn't remembered. I finally stood up to my father in the boat as we rowed home and he threw me under and pinned the boat on my chest against the shore. That wasn't a pleasant regression but it was a shock as I realized one of my best friends was the bride I'd killed. She found it amusing but I felt awful. I did maybe ten regressions sessions in my 20's total and haven't done any since. Haven't felt the need to but overall it was a positive experience that helped me. Like I said I don't need anyone to believe me, I just have known it as truth since before I could talk I lived before and hopefully will again. 

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bendy Demon
On 7/15/2019 at 9:52 AM, Great Old Man said:

I want share some youtube video here

That was showed  on Korean TV, where dog went daily to Buddhist Temple and bowed to Buddha everyday(while his master go to Christian church).

Why this dog do that even he is mere animal?  

Maybe human reincarnated to dog because of karma? 

Maybe....

Or maybe because it is a well-trained dog that is used to entertain the crowds?

• Like 1

XenoFish
3 hours ago, OverSword said:

There are several cases in which verifiable facts were given by children who claimed to have lived before. Does this change your mind? 

Doesn't change mine at all. Parents could've easily put those ideas in the kids heads.

OverSword
4 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Doesn't change mine at all. Parents could've easily put those ideas in the kids heads.

It's all eventually dust anyway so who cares, right?

Bendy Demon
On 8/5/2019 at 12:50 PM, OverSword said:

So we know everything.  No reason to wonder about anything at all.  Good to know.

No. He is not saying we know everything. I think Xeno is trying to indicate it is just information...'wonder' is also a emotional reaction.

I do not think he is dismissing learning or wanting to learn but rather keeping things in perspective. THere are lots of things to learn but the question is whether or not it is useful.

Anyways..past lives sounds attractive but there are so many variable that come into play that we cannot really confirm the validity of any claim of a past life.

We forget, when it comes to children, that they are VERY perceptive and can pick up on little details without even being aware of it. This is why a little kid can insist on being called a different name because they heard it somewhere and liked the name therefore wanted to be called that name and sometimes kids like to play pretend and claim their name is susie when it is Mary or a kid likes to pretend they are a war soldier because they seen something somewhere, forgot they seen it then absorb it into their minds as if it is part of their real memories and adults are too afraid to say "Ok Jonny..you are done playing soldier. Go wash our hands it is time for dinner.." and that is all it takes. 

The more we respond to such silliness, the more kids will delight that we are playing along. Sad thing is that kids often don't know anymore what is real and what isn't and that is where we adults need to step in and place them firmly back into reality and if we have to lock the door of make-believe then that is what we, as adults, need to do.

Sure..I used to think I had past lives too but then I grew up and learned about the mind and now I learn to dismiss my false memories.

• Like 2

Bendy Demon
2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You cannot understand the past if you base it on falsehoods; those falsehoods get passed onto the next generation and they continue to pass on blatantly false concepts. Nothing changes

XenoFish
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Have you honestly ever thought of the problem with reincarnation? If we all have past lives and could somehow remember every single one of them. Why in the hell would be really need an education system. Because if we had countless lives beforehand, that's ages of knowledge. Plus there are progressively more and more people being born instead of dying. And yes, one day the sun will devour our little planet. Then where will all the supposed souls go to?

The only 'reincarnation' idea I'm even willing to entertain is that we constantly re-live our lives. The universe is born, we exist, universe dies, cycle starts again. Somethings different, we live our lives, but not our lives, just a version of our lives with different choices. "Infinite realities, Morty."

OverSword
1 minute ago, Bendy Demon said:

We forget, when it comes to children, that they are VERY perceptive and can pick up on little details without even being aware of it. This is why a little kid can insist on being called a different name because they heard it somewhere and liked the name therefore wanted to be called that name and sometimes kids like to play pretend and claim their name is susie when it is Mary or a kid likes to pretend they are a war soldier because they seen something somewhere, forgot they seen it then absorb it into their minds as if it is part of their real memories and adults are too afraid to say "Ok Jonny..you are done playing soldier. Go wash our hands it is time for dinner.." and that is all it takes. 

Yeah.  Or when a little kid can name squadron members, shipmates, who died how, personal details about a family nobody knows in a town 70 miles away, the layout of a WWII airbase which ceased to exist before his parents were born, the list just goes on and on of very unlikely anecdotes, but we can just insist it's anything except a past life memory rather than acknowledge there may be things beyond our current understanding which just might include the possibility of past life or past life recollections. 

Bendy Demon
2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah.  Or when a little kid can name squadron members, shipmates, who died how, personal details about a family nobody knows in a town 70 miles away, the layout of a WWII airbase which ceased to exist before his parents were born, the list just goes on and on of very unlikely anecdotes, but we can just insist it's anything except a past life memory rather than acknowledge there may be things beyond our current understanding which just might include the possibility of past life or past life recollections. 

Not convinced. Most children have an eye and memory for small details yet can't find the towel you asked them to get even though it is sitting right in front of them.

There is just too many obstacles and variable that come into play to make a convincing argument for past life and its recollection.

The mind is amazing at concocting stuff the sad part is that we forget and are blissfully unaware that the mind is doing it.

I..just cannot buy into it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish
3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or a tv show they watched, a tale they overhead. Even something they might have read. But hey, ooky spooky for the win right?

• Like 1

OverSword
7 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Have you honestly ever thought of the problem with reincarnation? If we all have past lives and could somehow remember every single one of them.

I don't remember any at all but some people seem to possibly have limited memories of past lives.  You are proposing an extreme possibility to dismiss which I've never heard outside possibly of the enlightened Buddha in which someone remembers everything about past lives.  But keep in mind you're talking to someone here that doesn't dismiss the possibility that we live in a simulation. ;) 

OverSword
5 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

Not convinced.

Who is?  But I'm not completely dismissive either.  Easy to admit there is much truth to what you say and in most cases even highly likey but hard to deny I have read or watched cases that are not easily dismissed and are very intriguing

XenoFish

I don't remember any at all but some people seem to possibly have limited memories of past lives.  You are proposing an extreme possibility to dismiss which I've never heard outside possibly of the enlightened Buddha in which someone remembers everything about past lives.  But keep in mind you're talking to someone here that doesn't dismiss the possibility that we live in a simulation. ;) 

Oh boy. Someone else you who believe's it's all a simulation. Which is just a sciency way of saying god did it...ugh.

• Haha 1

XenoFish
Just now, OverSword said:

Who is?  But I'm not completely dismissive either.  Easy to admit there is much truth to what you say and in most cases even highly likey but hard to deny I have read or watched cases that are not easily dismissed and are very intriguing

I seriously don't get people like you.

OverSword
Just now, XenoFish said:

I seriously don't get people like you.

I seriously get people like you.

OverSword
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Oh boy. Someone else you who believe's it's all a simulation. Which is just a sciency way of saying god did it...ugh.

No, it's a sciency way of saying it doesn't matter.

Bendy Demon
4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

"Buddha" was not a singlul person but a title given to a supposedly "enlightened" person. Either way they were just humans like the rest of us and prone to delusions and magical thinking.

For me I have to dismiss things that have to rely on rhetoric, metaphors and anecdotes to rationalize and explain their existence and I reject it if it demands that I must 'believe' in order for it to be real or for it to work (whatever that 'it' may be)

• Like 1

XenoFish

I seriously get people like you.

Doubt that. 

XenoFish

The way I see it. Someone is either telling me the truth or they're telling me a story. If it's the truth they can back it up. Other than that it's a story.

• Like 2

OverSword
3 minutes ago, Bendy Demon said:

"Buddha" was not a singlul person but a title given to a supposedly "enlightened" person. Either way they were just humans like the rest of us and prone to delusions and magical thinking.

For me I have to dismiss things that have to rely on rhetoric, metaphors and anecdotes to rationalize and explain their existence and I reject it if it demands that I must 'believe' in order for it to be real or for it to work (whatever that 'it' may be)

Yeah, but please note - At no point do I say reincarnation is real.  I find it interesting and the possibility intriguing.  What I don't get is if you don't, wasting your time discussing it.