Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia's Submarine Fire Secret.

Alchopwn

Most people have by now probably heard the news discuss Russia's recent fire that killed 14  of their elite submariners on a nuclear submarine.  What may have eluded them in the story was the purpose of the submarine.  The mini-sub that caused the issues has the deliberate purpose of cutting internet cables.

Putin admits fire on Nuclear Sub

Losharik Submarine Fire: Top Secret.

Fire on 'top secret Russian mini-submarine' kills 14 sailors, Vladimir Putin demands Defence briefing

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 7/4/2019 at 12:48 PM, Alchopwn said:

Most people have by now probably heard the news discuss Russia's recent fire that killed 14  of their elite submariners on a nuclear submarine.  What may have eluded them in the story was the purpose of the submarine.  The mini-sub that caused the issues has the deliberate purpose of cutting internet cables.

Fire on 'top secret Russian mini-submarine' kills 14 sailors, Vladimir Putin demands Defence briefing

Even hardware tries to get rid of  ********s,,,

Heh, Putler will say, it sunk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/07/2019 at 10:48 AM, Alchopwn said:

The mini-sub that caused the issues has the deliberate purpose of cutting internet cables.

not good at keeping secrets then:blink:

5 hours ago, Dejarma said:

not good at keeping secrets then:blink:

Maybe they are just telling everybody they had at least one such craft.  Now we have to consider how many more they have.   Ironic if this sub was a failure, we will still not know that part and assume it was capable of its mission.

Latest:

Russia mini-sub fire: Putin issues heroism awards

The Russian president Vladimir Putin has bestowed top state awards on four of the 14 submarine crew who died during a secret mission on 1 July.

The four officers, all captains, received Hero of Russia medals. Two other officers on board already had those medals for earlier missions.

The Kremlin said the crew heroically contained a fire, preventing it reaching the nuclear power unit.

They inhaled toxic smoke produced by the fire, the Kremlin said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48880475

Good, -14 high ranking officers in russian army. Heh, russians will declare "Losharik" beeing fascist)))

On 7/4/2019 at 3:48 AM, Alchopwn said:

...The mini-sub that caused the issues has the deliberate purpose of cutting internet cables...

I thought the presumed purposed was "splicing" for intelligence-gathering??

Submarine and spaceship are similar craft when a mishap happen.... the situation turn really bad in an instant.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1

Question remains: why there were so many high ranking officers?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bmk1245 said:

It is pretty obvious that the top secret craft involved was going to be involved in covert warfare, specifically an attack on the trans-Atlantic internet cables.  Possibly they were going to be involved in something more devious tho.  Perhaps they were going to install a means of hacking signals on the cable?

• Like 1

On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, Alchopwn said:

Not cutting them, tapping them too feed off the data flowing around the Russia for analysis.

You see while we use prism to listen in, they dont have that option open to them. So they have to manually install devices onto undersea internet cables to gather the same intelligence.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 12:41 PM, bmk1245 said:

Someone writes that they decided to arrange a holiday there, to put it simply, to drink, that is why so many high-ranking officials gathered.
As soon as an emergency situation with Russians, numerous victims appear at once..

----

Did you hear how Putin and his mother insulted a Georgian journalist on tv? That discussion is not audible.It seems to me that he will not live long.

Edited by Coil

On 4.7.2019 at 11:48 AM, Alchopwn said:

The mini-sub that caused the issues has the deliberate purpose of cutting internet cables.

Unlikely. There are cheaper options, and unmanned ones, to cut a cable at a depth of 6k or so meters. Some kind of smart mines. And, also in war times web cables would be a perfect source for spying, so why cut them?

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 7:19 PM, toast said:

Unlikely. There are cheaper options, and unmanned ones, to cut a cable at a depth of 6k or so meters. Some kind of smart mines. And, also in war times web cables would be a perfect source for spying, so why cut them?

You're right of course.  I did actually revise my position in a later comment.  I was merely stating what some less than thoughtful journalists had reported.  They said that the mini sub was for cutting cables.  That is obviously a stupid misuse of such a resource.  The same could be achieved more effectively and at far less expense with a depth charge after all.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 6:21 AM, Alchopwn said:

It is pretty obvious that the top secret craft involved was going to be involved in covert warfare, specifically an attack on the trans-Atlantic internet cables.  Possibly they were going to be involved in something more devious tho.  Perhaps they were going to install a means of hacking signals on the cable?

i think it had little to do with cables, seems like Russian gvmnt cutting lose ends.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 10:47 AM, Coil said:

Someone writes that they decided to arrange a holiday there, to put it simply, to drink, that is why so many high-ranking officials gathered.
As soon as an emergency situation with Russians, numerous victims appear at once..

----

Did you hear how Putin and his mother insulted a Georgian journalist on tv? That discussion is not audible.It seems to me that he will not live long.

Yeap, I did heard that, and I wholeheartedly agree with the feelings of G.Gabunya, even more I'd extend that rant to the putler's offsprings, and to whatever that goddamn family tree apples.