Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Earthquake In So Cal-6.6

susieice

Heavy damage being reported in Ridgecrest. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Heavy damage being reported in Ridgecrest. 

They're talking about an air base that the fault seems to have moved up into. They think it has ordinances in it. ABC hasn't reported any damages yet. I'm watching the link in here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, susieice said:

They're talking about an air base that the fault seems to have moved up into. They think it has ordinances in it. ABC hasn't reported any damages yet. I'm watching the link in here.

China Lake Naval air base borders Ridgecrest. It's weird how little attention the media is paying to these quakes. Probably because it's far outside of the LA area. Shrugs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Will Due said:

China Lake Naval air base borders Ridgecrest. It's weird how little attention the media is paying to these quakes. Probably because it's far outside of the LA area. Shrugs. 

CNN is reporting but I don't have them on my cable. I only have basic because I use my comp for most things. My stations in PA won't have it until ABC national news comes on around 2 AM.

Here's what CNN says.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/05/us/california-earthquake/index.html

They're quoting Lucy Jones, the seismologist I'm watching on the ABC 7 link.

Edited by susieice
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Will Due said:

Probaly 45 seconds. Maybe a minute or more. It hit soft then built up.

It must have been big, l get "Video Not Available". :o

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Fracking!

Now, now, no need to use that tone. :huh:

3 hours ago, Will Due said:

Dwayne Johnson is on his way!

^_^

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Earthquakes make me feel so insecure and vulnerable. I never felt anything larger than 2.8 or so and it's nothing when compared with those devastating earthquakes which happen in some areas. But even those of smaller scale feel so damn hard and scary, especially if it awakes you in mid of the night. These quakes of such hard magnitude, i can't even imagine how hard it strikes.

We can only hope and pray that this will stop without further damage to infrastructure or injuries to people.

• Like 1

Earthquakes is scary things. I live in sweden and we sometimes get small ones. i once woke up and heard like a roaring rumbling sound that sounded like a  squadron of fighter jets flying extremely low and then the bed shook and the paintings on the wall moved a little.  I realized it was an earthquake. needless to say i was a little shook afterwards.

Edited by Impedancer

Ive lived here in this region for 10 years now and the 7.1 is the first earthquake ive felt since living here.