Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman faces 20 yrs in jail for ice cream stunt

Still Waters

A woman filmed licking a tub of ice cream before putting it back in a supermarket freezer faces up to 20 years in prison.

The footage - which has been viewed more than 11 million times - is believed to have been shot in a branch of Walmart in Lufkin, Texas.

A police statement said: "Our detectives are working to confirm the identity of the female suspect seen in a viral video of her licking a half-gallon of Blue Bell "Tin Roof" ice cream in a Lufkin Walmart store around 11pm, June 28.

https://news.sky.com/story/lufkin-licker-faces-up-to-20-years-in-prison-as-ice-cream-stunt-video-goes-viral-11757104

• Haha 1
  • Sad 6

• The title was changed to Woman faces 20 yrs in jail for ice cream stunt

I guess it's considered food tampering. Anyone with an older sibling who claimed all the food in the house, it's just par for the course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

What she did was irresponsible and stupid. The fact that she appears to find it amusing beggars belief, and the person who was filming her is no better either. The police are trying to trace him too the article says.

It was pure criminal ignorance at it's best. I hope they find the perp who did the recording at hit them just as hard. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I live about 60 miles from Lufkin. When I heard that is where it occurred I wasn't surprised. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

the issue i have had with this type thing, reminds me of the several cases where people tossed rocks from overpasses killing people for laughs.

i dont see this much different some sick, thoughtless person getting a real kick out of hurting a stranger, why this sociopathic mindset?

20 years? why not, so shes some young hipster so what, we dont know if she has any contagions or not and doesnt matter, if a nasty homeless person with HIV, TB, hep c etc licked food and stuck it back to nail their victim some would break out torches and tar and feathers to say the least,

and a person who does this and thinks its funny isnt safe to have around others neither is the cameraman,

sure they will nab her, its a great video, no blobsquatch there, she will cry and apologize and spew whatever it takes to get away with it,

this type thing shouldnt be tolerated.

ps, i wonder how hard shes lauging now with all the fallout?

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Still Waters said:

A woman filmed licking a tub of ice cream before putting it back in a supermarket freezer faces up to 20 years in prison.

The footage - which has been viewed more than 11 million times - is believed to have been shot in a branch of Walmart in Lufkin, Texas.

A police statement said: "Our detectives are working to confirm the identity of the female suspect seen in a viral video of her licking a half-gallon of Blue Bell "Tin Roof" ice cream in a Lufkin Walmart store around 11pm, June 28.

https://news.sky.com/story/lufkin-licker-faces-up-to-20-years-in-prison-as-ice-cream-stunt-video-goes-viral-11757104

To begin with nobody goes into a supermarket and licks a tub of ice cream. Its odd. The woman obviously has behavioural issues going on and is no doubt a weirdo.

At the same time that felony comes with a prison sentence between 2 and 20 years. Her infraction is minor so if its proven she is looking at 2 years. Maybe 1 on good behaviour as it isn't a violent offence. A 2 year prison sentence for licking a tub of ice cream is funny and will no doubt teach her an important life lesson.

Her lawyer would probably end up appealing the length of it because it wasn't designed to take into account such a minor infraction. It would likely be successful too. But not before she has spent a couple of months in the slammer.

That will teach the weirdo! We all know what US prisons are like. She will enter a woman and leave a man lol.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

This goes on more than people realize.  Not with malicious intent but most likely due to ignorance of our ways and cultural differences in the way food is marketed.  Several times I have witnessed people opening jars of food and tasting them and then putting it back on the shelf.  All were Asians and I don't live where they are a significant minority.  I have also accidentally bought various products with the inner seal removed or peeled back.  Now I check every container before putting it in my cart.  

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Big Jim said:

This goes on more than people realize.  Not with malicious intent but most likely due to ignorance of our ways and cultural differences in the way food is marketed.  Several times I have witnessed people opening jars of food and tasting them and then putting it back on the shelf.  All were Asians and I don't live where they are a significant minority.  I have also accidentally bought various products with the inner seal removed or peeled back.  Now I check every container before putting it in my cart.  

The difference is that what you see is a culteral misunderstanding and what that woman did was purposeful, knowing that there are rules and she is breaking one for a gag.  That mentality could eventually get her into a lot worse trouble.

I think it should be easy for the police to identify the camera person or at least the one who posted it online.  It is very hard to be 100% anonymous on the internet nowdays.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just imagine what they do in restaurants and fast food places when they don't like you.  One of the guys at work bragged about the time he peed on the local Burger King's grill before he quit as a teen.  Another talked about how he had sex on a grill after they got done cleaning it at a different place.  Then we had Felix bragging about how he rubbed sandwich parts on the butt of his dog and serving it to a co-worker he didn't like.  It makes me wince when I sit with someone at the restaurant who is freaking out on the waitress. 

• Like 4

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

The difference is that what you see is a culteral misunderstanding and what that woman did was purposeful, knowing that there are rules and she is breaking one for a gag.  That mentality could eventually get her into a lot worse trouble.

I think it should be easy for the police to identify the camera person or at least the one who posted it online.  It is very hard to be 100% anonymous on the internet nowdays.

I understand the difference in motivation, but the potential for spreading disease is exactly the same.  There may be even more risk from the tasters, since they dipped their fingers in the product and most people's hands are dirtier than their mouths.  This isn't the first video that we've seen from people who think it's funny to tamper with people's food.  There have been a lot of them showing such antics behind the scenes at fast food restaurants.  I agree that they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Just imagine what they do in restaurants and fast food places when they don't like you.  One of the guys at work bragged about the time he peed on the local Burger King's grill before he quit as a teen.  Another talked about how he had sex on a grill after they got done cleaning it at a different place.  Then we had Felix bragging about how he rubbed sandwich parts on the butt of his dog and serving it to a co-worker he didn't like.  It makes me wince when I sit with someone at the restaurant who is freaking out on the waitress. 

Yes, I have heard some gross things and I remember a story of someone being arrested for putting stuff in the food he was serving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Never p*** off the cook.  Even in the pre-internet days most fast food joints were staffed by kids and they often have a weird sense of humor and little empathy for others.  I still remember something I witnessed as a newbie 16 year old on my first job.  The grill cook had just laid down a row of burgers when a fly landed on the cold side of one of them.  Wham! with the spatula, flip and proceed as if nothing happened.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

In Ohio there was a Police Officer that went through a drive through and ordered a meal. He drank he drink and was going to chew on the ice and noticed a big pile of phlegm stuck to the side of his cup. He went back and arrested the teen who got his drink. Another co-worker of mine was really immature and worked for a (I will leave them unnamed) place that makes food for a well known chain. He said, you don't want to eat the food, knowing what they did to it, even though he never said, and I never asked. Yet a few months later, we had a pot luck dinner and he bought in a Alfredo dish, and I noticed he was looking around kind of smiling and laughing while eating his food. I looked down and noticed a pubic hair in the Alfredo.

I do not eat at fast food rarely, and never if staffed mainly by teens who are known to be immature.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I have seen a chef in a kitchen completely butt naked cooking customers food.

Several times he inserted vegetables up his bottom (cucumber, onion, cauliflower etc) and if the customer was having a side salad that stuff would then find its way onto their plates uncooked (so no heat to kill of any of his bottom bacteria).

And there was a waiter there too who used to do weird things to the drinks. He would put together the customers orders in the kitchens and bring from the bar the drinks they ordered. He would then dip his sausage into each drink before taking the orders out to the customers.

And the mayonnaise tub. I wont repeat what went into that near enough every single evening lol.

Never ever order mayo on anything, and if you do if you notice them smiling dont eat it!

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

In Ohio there was a Police Officer that went through a drive through and ordered a meal. He drank he drink and was going to chew on the ice and noticed a big pile of phlegm stuck to the side of his cup. He went back and arrested the teen who got his drink. Another co-worker of mine was really immature and worked for a (I will leave them unnamed) place that makes food for a well known chain. He said, you don't want to eat the food, knowing what they did to it, even though he never said, and I never asked. Yet a few months later, we had a pot luck dinner and he bought in a Alfredo dish, and I noticed he was looking around kind of smiling and laughing while eating his food. I looked down and noticed a pubic hair in the Alfredo.

I do not eat at fast food rarely, and never if staffed mainly by teens who are known to be immature.

I usually stop at some fast food joint when I'm out running errands but in recent years, due to more awareness of the things we're discussing, I have modified my selections to things that are less likely to be tampered with.  Chicken strips go straight from the fryer to the box and all sides are visible so they are my preferred choice.  I choose fries over mashed potatoes.  I've all but eliminated Mexican, since you can't tell what's in a burrito.  Without going into further detail, suffice it to say that I give more thought to the subject than I ever did before.  Anyone who has ever worked in a restaurant has to be in a certain degree of denial to ever eat in one again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Jim said:

I usually stop at some fast food joint when I'm out running errands but in recent years, due to more awareness of the things we're discussing, I have modified my selections to things that are less likely to be tampered with.  Chicken strips go straight from the fryer to the box and all sides are visible so they are my preferred choice.  I choose fries over mashed potatoes.  I've all but eliminated Mexican, since you can't tell what's in a burrito.  Without going into further detail, suffice it to say that I give more thought to the subject than I ever did before.  Anyone who has ever worked in a restaurant has to be in a certain degree of denial to ever eat in one again.

I only visit places I can see them cooking the food.

And I take my own bottle of mayonnaise.

• Like 1

aaaah Texas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

07/05/2019 UPDATE: The Lufkin Police Department in Texas announced on Friday that it identified the suspect at the center of a viral video who is seen licking the inside of an ice cream tub and returning it to the shelf in a Walmart store.

Lufkin Police Department spokeswoman Jessica Pebsworth tells Yahoo Lifestyle that the woman in question is a juvenile from San Antonio, Texas, and her identity has not been publicly released. The case will be turned over to the Texas Juvenile Justice Department.

The police department obtained surveillance footage from inside a Lufkin, Texas Walmart store and have also identified the man who was heard egging on the woman in the video. His identity has not been made public either, and the case remains under investigation, Pebsworth says.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/video-of-woman-licking-ice-cream-returning-pint-to-store-freezer-incites-outrage-164446410.html?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

wasn't ariana grande caught licking donuts?? why isn't she facing 2-20 years???? cuz she is rich,  lesson to youth, if you are not rich , you can not do stupid stuff and get away.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

I have seen a chef in a kitchen completely butt naked cooking customers food.

Several times he inserted vegetables up his bottom (cucumber, onion, cauliflower etc) and if the customer was having a side salad that stuff would then find its way onto their plates uncooked (so no heat to kill of any of his bottom bacteria).

And there was a waiter there too who used to do weird things to the drinks. He would put together the customers orders in the kitchens and bring from the bar the drinks they ordered. He would then dip his sausage into each drink before taking the orders out to the customers.

And the mayonnaise tub. I wont repeat what went into that near enough every single evening lol.

Never ever order mayo on anything, and if you do if you notice them smiling dont eat it!

if you saw and didnt report you are as bad as the guy doing it, worse actually and as i recall from another thread you arent big on personal hygiene.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, aztek said:

07/05/2019 UPDATE: The Lufkin Police Department in Texas announced on Friday that it identified the suspect at the center of a viral video who is seen licking the inside of an ice cream tub and returning it to the shelf in a Walmart store.

Lufkin Police Department spokeswoman Jessica Pebsworth tells Yahoo Lifestyle that the woman in question is a juvenile from San Antonio, Texas, and her identity has not been publicly released. The case will be turned over to the Texas Juvenile Justice Department.

The police department obtained surveillance footage from inside a Lufkin, Texas Walmart store and have also identified the man who was heard egging on the woman in the video. His identity has not been made public either, and the case remains under investigation, Pebsworth says.

The fact that she's a juvenile doesn't surprise me, the behavior certainly is.  But that probably means, at most, incarceration until she turns 18.  The downside is that it's likely the only lesson she will learn is to not publish her misdeeds, not to stop doing them.  There is a certain personality type that reacts to being caught by upping the ante.  They're already anti-social and their response is "Oh, yeah?  Wait till you see what I do next, but you won't catch me this time".  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Big Jim said:

The fact that she's a juvenile doesn't surprise me, the behavior certainly is.  But that probably means, at most, incarceration until she turns 18.  The downside is that it's likely the only lesson she will learn is to not publish her misdeeds, not to stop doing them.  There is a certain personality type that reacts to being caught by upping the ante.  They're already anti-social and their response is "Oh, yeah?  Wait till you see what I do next, but you won't catch me this time".  

yep, i know this type, she will do much worst things after, just as revenge for her "unjust" arrest and jail time, these people can not be fixed. and more and more kids are raised that way, by parents like her. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

yep, i know this type, she will do much worst things after, just as revenge for her "unjust" arrest and jail time, these people can not be fixed. and more and more kids are raised that way, by parents like her. 

In a way we have no one to blame but ourselves.  Social media and having a video camera in everyone's hands has made public pranking a national pastime.  We see them on AFV and FB.  It's become acceptable to victimize strangers and in that environment it's inevitable that some people will take it too far.  Their idea of fun has been corrupted to the point that they don't even realize it's wrong.

• Like 2