Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

US Special Forces can ID your heartbeat

8 posts in this topic

Buzz_Light_Year

According to its designers it should be theoretically possible to increase the range by using a more powerful laser, however they stopped short of suggesting that it could work from space.

Give them time and everyone will be identifiable from space. Probably not in my lifetime though.

• Like 1

AllPossible

YAY... I love lasers being pointed at my heart.

• Haha 2

and then
4 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Give them time and everyone will be identifiable from space. Probably not in my lifetime though.

I don't remember the context or article I was reading but I do recall a statement many years ago about our satellite imagery during the 1967 war in Israel.  We took a picture of a watch on the wrist of an Israeli officer and could tell the time.  1967...

I know we've had the ability for quite a while to listen in on conversations using the same or a similar technology by aiming a laser at a window behind which people are talking.  This is an interesting new twist... and kind of creepy at the same time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DieChecker

Interesting that they are saying 98% identifiable. Given there are billions of people on this planet. Maybe if they have a limited number of suspects, then they can tell who is who?

• Like 1

and then
8 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Interesting that they are saying 98% identifiable. Given there are billions of people on this planet. Maybe if they have a limited number of suspects, then they can tell who is who?

I assume they'd have had to make a baseline recording of known individuals and then match the wave form.

• Like 1

Jello

Old news, different lie.

Sir Smoke aLot

Would be fantastic to have this thing check people at the entrance in hospitals or at public places in summer when heats are crazy.

On 7/5/2019 at 5:57 PM, and then said:

We took a picture of a watch on the wrist of an Israeli officer and could tell the time.  1967...

Power of good optics and training, some surveillance photos from that time period are still fascinating. There was little to no electronic assistance back then.