Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unexplained drips on my homes doors

The Tattooed One

Please can Someone help I moved into a property over two years now, but since I’ve been here unexplained drips have been on my doors on my kitchen cupboards and I don’t know where they’re coming from. They keep reappearing even after I’ve wiped them, and now I’m also getting small damp spots on my walls. I can’t explain it but it’s doing my head in. Does anyone know what this could be as I don’t have damp anywhere as I ripped everything out and it’s all brand new. It’s  as if a certain liquid is dripping down the doors I don’t know where is coming from or how it got there, but it’s still there and keeps coming back.

• Like 1

What's the regular humidity level in your home? And what do you have going on for your AC and heating systems?

Welcome to UM :st

• Like 1

Could be a ventilation issue. Due to humidity building up inside the house and not venting out the roof like it's supposed to do. Get your attic crawl space checked out and make sure any ceiling vents are not clogged.

1 hour ago, The Tattooed One said:

Please can Someone help I moved into a property over two years now, but since I’ve been here unexplained drips have been on my doors on my kitchen cupboards and I don’t know where they’re coming from. They keep reappearing even after I’ve wiped them, and now I’m also getting small damp spots on my walls. I can’t explain it but it’s doing my head in. Does anyone know what this could be as I don’t have damp anywhere as I ripped everything out and it’s all brand new. It’s  as if a certain liquid is dripping down the doors I don’t know where is coming from or how it got there, but it’s still there and keeps coming back.

You have a leaky pipe in the wall.

Wait a minute. Is the door exterior? And is there a high or low (above the head) overhang if it is exterior? 

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Wait a minute. Is the door exterior? And is there a high or low (above the head) overhang if it is exterior? 

It's kitchen cupboards.  I hope they are interior.

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

It's kitchen cupboards.  I hope they are interior.

My bad. I misread. 

• Like 1

It might depend on if something is stored on top of the cabinets or what's under them. Sink, stove, even a microwave or coffee point. It's hard to say.

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

It might depend on if something is stored on top of the cabinets or what's under them. Sink, stove, even a microwave or coffee point. It's hard to say.

If the walls are starting to get wet I still think it is a leaky pipe in the wall.

@The Tattooed One is this an apartment with an upstairs neighbor?

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

If the walls are starting to get wet I still think it is a leaky pipe in the wall.

If it's two story and there is a bathroom right above the kitchen then, yes that is a possibility. An alternative would be a leaky roof. However the OP has mentioned remodeling. So...?

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

If it's two story and there is a bathroom right above the kitchen then, yes that is a possibility. An alternative would be a leaky roof. However the OP has mentioned remodeling. So...?

Yeah, until the OP answers we won't know. 

• Like 1

I have no leaks and no damp they are interior doors, my home is well ventilated. The only place it doesn’t touch is my walk in wardrobe and front door and bedroom furniture and most of the walls.

Temperature is between 18 and 24’c there is no damp on the floors or ceilings, it’s completely unexplainable. I’ve checked all possibilities of leaks and damp spots and there isn’t any.

28 minutes ago, The Tattooed One said:

I have no leaks and no damp they are interior doors, my home is well ventilated. The only place it doesn’t touch is my walk in wardrobe and front door and bedroom furniture and most of the walls.

No matter what you have done, I would bring in a contractor or a building inspector and have things checked out, it can't hurt.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

@The Tattooed One is this an apartment with an upstairs neighbor?

No it’s not an apartment I don’t understand it 

13 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Nothing is stored above my cabinets or next to the microwave 

12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

No matter what you have done, I would bring in a contractor or a building inspector and have things checked out, it can't hurt.

I agree. Better to figure it out than having to deal with mold and wood rot.

https://www.w24.co.za/PopCulture/Home/Interior-design/Getting-rid-of-dampness-and-mould-20100203

Edited by XenoFish

On 06/07/2019 at 3:42 AM, The Tattooed One said:

If you have checked out any Earthly reasons the wet spots could be related to a haunting,poltergeist activity,often when young female energy is present.

What are the cupboard handles made of?  If they are ceramic or metal, it could be a condensation effect from a temperature differential.  The Catholic church used to have this issue with the eyes of their Madonnas "weeping", which were made of a different material to the rest of the statue.

On 05/07/2019 at 6:51 PM, rashore said:

What's the regular humidity level in your home? And what do you have going on for your AC and heating systems?

Welcome to UM :st

On 07/07/2019 at 1:37 AM, openozy said:

If you have checked out any Earthly reasons the wet spots could be related to a haunting,poltergeist activity,often when young female energy is present.

Is that Really possible as my mum died age 53 in February 2017 then mine and my wife’s baby died January 2018 then my sister age 36 in October 2018, I need to know what it is. Please someone tell me a explanation I can understand,I’m still really grieving and theres 4 or 5 orbs I’ve seen together.

Have those doors been repainted lately ?

Sorry about your loss :( .it Sounds like you might have somekind of leak somewhere,  water can travel inside walls etc so i recommend you to contact a plumber.

Edited by Impedancer

22 minutes ago, The Tattooed One said:

Is that Really possible as my mum died age 53 in February 2017 then mine and my wife’s baby died January 2018 then my sister age 36 in October 2018, I need to know what it is. Please someone tell me a explanation I can understand,I’m still really grieving and theres 4 or 5 orbs I’ve seen together.

Sorry about that mate,that's a lot of bad luck in one family.The thing with the paranormal is the possabilities are endless as to what this is,you may never get an answer.I would move asap with all this going on.

6 hours ago, The Tattooed One said:

Open up the walls!!!!   You may have black mold growing because of a leaky pipe.  YOU HAVE to check out the earthly possibilities first before going to the paranormal!  Also check for gas leaks, the sooner the better.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1