Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Jesus was a god his death wasn't a sacrifi

darkmoonlady

46 minutes ago, eight bits said:

However, Paul's letters aren't much rebuttal to what @Piney wrote. Paul shows little interest in Jesus' natural life (Jesus' mother was Jewish, he was a servant of some kind to the Jewish people, but then Isaiah wrote about a suffering Jewish servant, too, those and a few verses that maybe refer to earthly events, and maybe not - Paul had, after all, personally toured the heavens and saw many things there, but is reluctant to say which things).

I don't doubt Paul of Tarsus's  historicity. Just his "vision". 

He was a "control freak". 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

The reaction to 'the team' nonsense is annoyance. 

Yup, especially since there are things members of "The Team" disagree about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Piney said:

No there isn't!

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

No there isn't!

YES THERE IS!!!!!! 

:angry:

• Haha 9

35 minutes ago, Piney said:

And espeicially since there IS NO TEAM!  Habitat just made that up to have one more thing to feel sorry for himself about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Piney said:

YES THERE IS!!!!!! 

It's funny, but @psyche101 gave a "Thank you" reaction to a @Habitat post in one of the recent gun threads. 

In Habitat's own words that makes him on the wrong team.

That Psyche101 is such a troll.:yes:

• Haha 6

39 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

No there isn't!

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

YES THERE IS!!!!!! 

Oh hush. Both of you just agree with me, because I'm always right.:lol:

• Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

And espeicially since there IS NO TEAM!  Habitat just made that up to have one more thing to feel sorry for himself about.

You're an excellent team member....I mean forum member. Right!!!

rick-and-morty-season-3-trailer.png?resi

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

You have got to be joking me right? Can you read the thread titles? 

You're the one who is exhibiting strange behaviour and you seem to be the only one who disagrees.

And it doesn't have to be like this either.  Just a couple pages ago he posted fairly normal and interesting posts I think concerning Eckhart and displayed that he does have some knowledge about what we talk about here.  Need lots more of that, those posts are way too rare; the team idiocy and his being the embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger effect when it comes to the subject of psychology tend to overwhelm when he does post something sensible without the spittle flecks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Just for a little bit of information for yourself, look up the meaning of the name Jesus Christ and Barrabus the one that Pointius Pilate released.

On a purely psychological level I can understand people need to believe. How religion can offer structure and meaning to one's life. Even the optimism of spirituality, I get that.

What I don't get is when it goes from "I believe" to "God is real". At what point does belief become a rigid thought? 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

On a purely psychological level I can understand people need to believe. How religion can offer structure and meaning to one's life. Even the optimism of spirituality, I get that.

What I don't get is when it goes from "I believe" to "God is real". At what point does belief become a rigid thought? 

When they gets the choice of three nipples to suckle from... 

~

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

When they gets the choice of three nipples to suckle from... 

~

That sounds like a mommy issue. Not enough affection as a baby.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Piney said:

YES THERE IS!!!!!! 

You are not supposed to tell that the team exist. One more time and you will be off the team....... if it existed......which it certainly doesn't.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Habitat said:

Oh, I think the hostile reaction to the notion there is a team here of a very similar mentality, is more than a little telling !

As in a bunch of skeptics in a Skepticism “versus” Spirituality section? 

Duh!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

And it doesn't have to be like this either.  Just a couple pages ago he posted fairly normal and interesting posts I think concerning Eckhart and displayed that he does have some knowledge about what we talk about here.  Need lots more of that, those posts are way too rare; the team idiocy and his being the embodiment of the Dunning-Kruger effect when it comes to the subject of psychology tend to overwhelm when he does post something sensible without the spittle flecks.

I agree, Habbie’s can be a really interesting poster to talk with.

He actually has a lot of compassion too and I appreciate this. 

I think he just needs to drop the tough guy act and just be himself. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

As in a bunch of skeptics in a Skepticism “versus” Spirituality section? 

Duh!

Sometimes Sherapy you’ve just got to point out the obvious to those who just don’t get it. :D

cormac

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Sometimes Sherapy you’ve just got to point out the obvious to those who just don’t get it. :D

cormac

Sometimes there are better things to do than waste time trying unsuccessfully to convince others of something they won't agree with.  Once you recognize that, why bother any further?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Sometimes there are better things to do than waste time trying unsuccessfully to convince others of something they won't agree with.  Once you recognize that, why bother any further?

Sometimes one just has to make the effort, whether or not the other person is smart enough to get it or not. 

cormac

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

Sometimes one just has to make the effort, whether or not the other person is smart enough to get it or not. 

cormac

Sometimes the effort is pointless, but we don't know who else might read what we've wrote either. So there is a point to it. I mean the conversations are between all of us, yet there are other readers as well. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Sometimes the effort is pointless, but we don't know who else might read what we've wrote either. So there is a point to it. I mean the conversations are between all of us, yet there are other readers as well. 

It's not pointless if someone starts thinking for themselves, regardless of who that someone is. 

cormac

• Like 3

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

It's not pointless if someone starts thinking for themselves, regardless of who that someone is. 

cormac

True, but the banter between members quite often is. Though at times it does have educational value. Maybe....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

True, but the banter between members quite often is. Though at times it does have educational value. Maybe....

Beats taking a dirt nap. 

cormac

• Haha 4

Just now, cormac mac airt said:

Beats taking a dirt nap. 

cormac

True. But due to lag it took Jesus three days to respawn. 

• Haha 4

• The topic was locked