Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Jesus was a god his death wasn't a sacrifi

darkmoonlady

Just now, Will Due said:

Ask hix then. :rolleyes:

Ask it what?

That whoever wrote your "idiot book" knew nothing about geology, genetics, history, astronomy or biology except what was published in the U.S. prior to 1925? 

I already know that....

This is your Jesus right here! Not enlightened. Not educated. Not a spaceman.

Fact!

But a further portent was even more alarming. Four years before the war, when the city was enjoying profound peace and prosperity, there came to the feast at which it is the custom of all Jews to erect tabernacles to God, one Jesus, son of Ananias, a rude peasant, who suddenly began to cry out, "A voice from the east, a voice from the west, a voice from the four winds, a voice against Jerusalem and the sanctuary, a voice against the bridegroom and the bride, a voice against all the people." Day and night he went about all the alleys with this cry on his lips. Some of the leading citizens, incensed at these ill-omened words, arrested the fellow and severely chastised him. But he, without a word on his own behalf or for the private ear of those who smote him, only continued his cries as before. Thereupon, the magistrates, supposing, as was indeed the case, that the man was under some supernatural impulse, brought him before the Roman governor; there, although flayed to the bone with scourges, he neither sued for mercy nor shed a tear, but, merely introducing the most mournful of variations into his utterances, responded to each lashing with "Woe to Jerusalem!" When Albinus, the governor, asked him who and whence he was and why he uttered these cries, he answered him never a word, but unceasingly reiterated his dirge over the city, until Albinus pronounced him a maniac and let him go. During the whole period up to the outbreak of war he neither approached nor was seen talking to any of the citizens, but daily, like a prayer that he had conned, repeated his lament, "Woe to Jerusalem!" He neither cursed any of those who beat him from day to day, nor blessed those who offered him food: to all men that melancholy presage was his one reply. His cries were loudest at the festivals. So for seven years and five months he continued his wail, his voice never flagging nor his strength exhausted, until in the siege, having seen his presage verified, he found his rest. For, while going his round and shouting in piercing tones from the wall, "Woe once more to the city and to the people and to the temple," as he added a last word, "and woe to me also," a stone hurled from the ballista struck and killed him on the spot. So with those ominous words still upon his lips he passed away. – Book 6, Chapter 5, Section 3 of the historian Flavius Josephus' The Wars of the Jews or History of the Destruction of Jerusalem [2]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Habitat said:

Oh, I think the hostile reaction to the notion there is a team here of a very similar mentality, is more than a little telling !

Yes. That your f#*%kn insane. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

@Piney

I try to give a little cheer and you attack me. 

What's up with that?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

The Spirit of Truth is a male?  No wonder.

Of course the Spirit of Truth is male. Everybody knows that males are allways right ! :whistle:

Spoiler

Except when we aren't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Just now, Will Due said:

I try to give a little cheer and you attack me. 

If that was a "little cheer" my North Yorkshire dry side didn't detect it.  :lol:

But It's all good! :yes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Except when we aren't.

Which is never.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Piney said:

If that was a "little cheer" my North Yorkshire dry side didn't detect it.  :lol:

But It's all good! :yes:

I was just trying be positive. That we can work it out. You know, the fecking human race.

They say this internet gadget is wrecking everything. That we've lost the way because of it. Some go off and go crazy because of it. We've seen it too much recently. It breaks the heart.

But you might say I'm crazy too. Because I believe this internet thing can be used for good. And here amongst the membership, I see a lot of goodness. And it's my aim to further it as much as possible.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Piney said:

Yup, especially since there are things members of "The Team" disagree about. 

I disagree with this statement on the basis that I agree that there is no "Team". However, I do agree that there are members of the boards who have overlapping areas of interest, and that they tend to have opinions that appear cohesive and align at times, yet can still disagree on some aspects.

Can we all agree that there are disagreements about agreeing to the agreement to disagree?

Ever notice that when you repeat a word often enough, it begins to sound silly? Are we all agreed?

Edited by Jodie.Lynne
Their, There, They're. Stoopid English!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Of course the Spirit of Truth is male. Everybody knows that males are allways right ! :whistle:

Hide contents

Except when we aren't.

You are soooooo lucky you added that last bit! I had a ballistic anvil all prepped on the catapult!

:lol:

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Reveal hidden contents

Except when we aren't.

Because I'm always right.:whistle:

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Will Due said:

I see a lot of goodness. And it's my aim to further it as much as possible.

Laudable, but you cannot force people to be good. Neither can you force 'peace'.

And we could start a whole new thread on what "good" means, because what one may consider 'good', another would consider 'evil'.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

you cannot force people to be good

I see good in that.

7 hours ago, IlluminatiPoser said:

Just for a little bit of information for yourself, look up the meaning of the name Jesus Christ and Barrabus the one that Pointius Pilate released.

Welcome to the Forums.

Just a friendly FYI, but, if you have a point to make, it's best to show what you mean, rather than ask people to hunt down the answers to your proposal.

Yehoshua means ‘the Lord saves’, and is translated into English as Joshua.

Jesus’ Hebrew name is Yeshua, which is a shortened version of Yehoshua. Yeshua means ‘he will save’, and is translated into English as Joshua.

Yeshua translated into Greek is Iesous.

Iesous transliterated into Latin is Jesu.

Jesu became Jesus in English.

Jesus’ name is actually “Joshua”. There’s no special power in the name itself.

https://godwords.org/what-does-jesus-mean/

Barabbas' name appears in several different forms in early Greek texts. He is identified as Jesus Barabbas, Yeshua Bar-abbas, Yeshua Bar-Abba, and Bar-Abbas. The best clue we have is from these texts and the naming practices of the time. Abbas in the first century was a given name, but also meant father, and was often used to refer to a rabbi. The prefix Bar means "son of" so literally, Bar-Abbas means "son of the father." Many experts (archaeologists, anthropologist, religious historians, etc.) believe that Bar-Abbas was a title or pseudonym of the rebel who Pilate released to the people.

https://www.answers.com/Q/What_was_Barabbas_in_the_Bible_first_name

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Will Due said:

Oh yes he did.

He left us with the Spirit of Truth.

And it speaks for him. ;)

But we just raise em up pour the spirits into paper cups

• Like 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Yes. That your f#*%kn insane. 

As I say, the hostile reaction suggests I am getting close to the truth about the team.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Sherapy said:

As in a bunch of skeptics in a Skepticism “versus” Spirituality section? 

Duh!

So the "sceptics" have to be left alone, in a VERSUS forum ? Sorry, there is no "safe place" for them there !

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

As I say, the hostile reaction suggests I am getting close to the truth about the team.

Please, let us know when you do.

There are several members who owe back membership dues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You can say it all you like, you're the only one who believes in it because as I said, you're f%#*kn insane. I think your just a wierdo who gets kicks out of pulling girls hair or pulling the wings of flies. Nobody thinks you're close to the truth, we all think you've got a poor me thing going on. And it's pathetic. You don't deserve the company of these peers. Your about as insightful as Deepak Chopra, have the wild imagination of Walker and and as academically inclined as Will. You're a woo mutt. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

So the "sceptics" have to be left alone, in a VERSUS forum ? Sorry, there is no "safe place" for them there !

Well. Now I'm just scared. Utterly terrified. Whatever will I do???

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, psyche101 said:

You can say it all you like, you're the only one who believes in it because as I said, you're f%#*kn insane. I think your just a wierdo who gets kicks out of pulling girls hair or pulling the wings of flies. Nobody thinks you're close to the truth, we all think you've got a poor me thing going on. And it's pathetic. You don't deserve the company of these peers. Your about as insightful as Deepak Chopra, have the wild imagination of Walker and and as academically inclined as Will. You're a woo mutt. 

You are a benighted soul, but I have the feeling you will snap out of it.

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS549r17QOZ2Nnk0EOYtAC

This'll be needed.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Well. Now I'm just scared. Utterly terrified. Whatever will I do???

I am not allowed to contradict any so-called sceptic on this particular forum, do you agree with that ? Team Krazy !

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Yes, like how I leave believers alone iin the belief forum. Why do you think we want to hear your nutty beliefs? You can't argue your points, you just belgerently chastise anyone who doesn't take you on as a spiritual guru. It's called respect, a concept obviously very foreign to you. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

Please, let us know when you do.

There are several members who owe back membership dues.

The Team, to use an Australian expression, would not shout in a shark attack. I doubt that will translate.

3 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You are a benighted soul, but I have the feeling you will snap out of it.

And you're f#/%*kn insane. 

And delusional to boot 

• The topic was locked