Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Jesus was a god his death wasn't a sacrifi

darkmoonlady

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Never getting chosen to be on the team has left it's mark on you, a wound that never healed. Then, that loss you suffered was shattering as she was very good to you and very dear. It's important for you to believe what you believe and you are welcome to. No one can disprove it to you, any more than you can prove it to them. I hope you've learned the lesson that--some things are far too precious to share, to put out in public where they might be walked and spat upon.

Way too much supposition in that, i'm afraid. You do leap to conclusions, about us "munchkins". The reality is quite different. There is nothing too precious to share, and any reaction of a negative nature, I see as a self-commentary by those making such remarks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Not in the least perturbed, but if you want to endorse his comments, go ahead.

You say worse to Psyche and many others.

I don’t include myself because you are not nasty to me, but you sure are to others.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

So no, that's NOT what you have been arguing. What you have been actually whining about is how very few, if anyone, takes you or a few others even remotely seriously as YOUR team hasn't shown that they know what the hell they're talking about. Now I imagine we'll get to hear some more whining from you, so go ahead with more childishness. 

Oh yes it is, I have been arguing the suspension of judgement, you little arbiter of what may be ! All hail the TEAM member !

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

giphy.gif

that is pretty much a normal day for you, grey materialism is as boring as all **** !

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

do you think i'm stupid

Of course not. You asked "what is truth" didn't you?

3 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

You say worse to Psyche and many others.

I don’t include myself because you are not nasty to me, but you sure are to others.

I say worse to P101 ? hardly, he is a serial abuser.

Just now, Habitat said:

Way too much supposition in that, i'm afraid. You do leap to conclusions, about us "munchkins". The reality is quite different. There is nothing too precious to share, and any reaction of a negative nature, I see as a self-commentary by those making such remarks. 

You give far more away than you realize and your behavior is consistent with every supposition. You are a perpetual outsider, protecting your feelings by being deliberately antagonistic, insuring rejection. Much better that, than hoping for acceptance, failing to gain it and the bitter disappointment that follows.

• Like 3

Just now, Habitat said:

that is pretty much a normal day for you, grey materialism is as boring as all **** !

Boredom is hell. This little rant of yours is boring. A lot of things are boring and monotonous. Same threads, same groups, same discussions. If it doesn't turn into a Walker thread it'll turn into a Habitat or Will thread. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Will Due said:

Jodie, didn't you tell me once never to respond to you?

And didn't I try to get you to actually respond to things people ask you, in a manner other than riddles? You've managed it, on rare occasions, but then you fall back on your doubletalk quips. 

Call me a glutton for punishment, but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. And that extends to Habitat. Pettytalk, and Walker.

And, since this thread has already gone waaaaaaay off topic, and it's only a matter of time before the Mod Sanitation crew arrives to clean it up....

I enjoy these forums for the breadth of different viewpoints. I enjoy the back & forth repartee, and the wit & intelligence of many of the posters. I love it when people are able to challenge my perceptions, and I love it when I can learn new things. AND, I truly enjoy matching wits with some of the (IMO) best minds on the 'net. Even when we disagree.

But what I dislike, is when people try to sound clever to disguise that they are not. I dislike when people can only make attacks, or deflect the hard questions, rather than admit that they may be wrong. Or have no basis for their position other than that it makes them feel comfortable.

I would have a helluva lot more respect for someone who said "Hey, I have zero evidence to support my belief, but it brings me comfort and happinesss", than to hear someone saying "Just beeeeeeeelieve!"

>steps off soapbox, kicks it into the bushes<

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Will Due said:

Of course not. You asked "what is truth" didn't you?

yeah i did:sleepy: so give me an example of what you refer to as truth- i'm still waiting clever boy

50 minutes ago, Habitat said:

The only thing I have "preached", is not to be dogmatic about the great mysteries of life.

Not 'the' great mysteries of life, 'your' great mysteries of life.  Paradoxically, confusingly, hypocritically, sorrowfully, you don't seem to recognize that there is no one here even close to as dogmatic about any subject we discuss here as you are about this insistence that no one else should be dogmatic.  So dogmatic that it makes what occasionally seems to be a semi-normal and somewhat knowledgeable poster resort to trolling and name-calling like he's a toddler; it's like you're bi-polar but flipping back and forth so rapidly, sometimes from sentence to sentence. 

I waffle back and forth between thinking you are maybe a 15 year old trying to be tough on the internet (to people you'll never actually meet... anonymously...) or if instead you're way elderly and your knowledge set and ability to learn new things and that just winning personality of yours have freakin ossified.  Neither's a good look bro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Habitat said:

See, this is where team unity comes to mind, they sit idly by, while you say I'm "effin' crazy", which is apparently OK. but I must not allude to the group dynamics of the team.

You don't seem to be catching on. 

Your are effin crazy. Your morse code nonsense, your mystic BS, and your team idiocy all support that conclusion. 

And your an enemy of reason. 

No team is required for any of that. If someone comes up to you and tells you they are Napoleon so you accept that or consider them crazy? There's a reason I use that analogy, your ego is in your way so you can't see it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

You give far more away than you realize and your behavior is consistent with every supposition. You are a perpetual outsider, protecting your feelings by being deliberately antagonistic, insuring rejection. Much better that, than hoping for acceptance, failing to gain it and the bitter disappointment that follows.

Again, we see the social club aspect of the team, who are not here for rigorous discussion, but for mutual support of a commonly held viewpoint. How boring is that.

24 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

OK, I'll bite.

Please point me to a post, anywhere, where you have actually contributed to the discussion, as opposed to making inane comments, posting videos, or making ad hominem attacks against a mythical team.

And the only reason I am NOT saying that you are crazy, is because I have already received one Mod warning against attacks on members. But I will gladly say that you are a self obsessed troll, with sado-masochistic tendencies, who apparently receives great personal (self) pleasure from being a "loner & a rebel". And it makes you feel like a "hero" to take on a "team" that is supposedly united against you. It gives you validation, in your own mind.

So you just go on with bad self, Don Quixote!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha a wittle ole mod warning isn’t gonna hold you down, so there. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

Again, we see the social club aspect of the team, who are not here for rigorous discussion, but for mutual support of a commonly held viewpoint. How boring is that.

Then entertain us.  What rigorous discussion are you here for that you are not having right now?   Have at it, it'd be much preferable to your current topic/disturbing obsession.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Apparently not for you. You like getting attention backhanded and they are more than willing to supply it. You love it and you know it. Besides, this crowd can't beat the crap out of you for it.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I would have a helluva lot more respect for someone who said "Hey, I have zero evidence to support my belief, but it brings me comfort and happinesss", than to hear someone saying "Just beeeeeeeelieve!"

Pretty much this. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sherapy said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha a wittle ole mod warning isn’t gonna hold you down, so there. 

I blame my Irish heritage and my red hair.

I've been told I have a temper... :devil:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

yeah i did:sleepy: so give me an example of what you refer to as truth

Ok I'll try again.

Truth is anything and everything that's true.

That's not stupid is it?

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

Apparently not for you. You like getting attention backhanded and they are more than willing to supply it. You love it and you know it. Besides, this crowd can't the crap out of you for it.

I am in a unique position here. I would not be here if I did not know what I know. I care not how anyone takes that, but if they take it any other way than " I don't know if this bloke is talking the truth or not ", then they are well off the straight and narrow.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Habitat said:

well don't be bored & leave then!

• Like 1

Just now, Will Due said:

Ok I'll try again.

Truth is anything and everything that's true.

That's not stupid is it?

Can something stated as a truth be proven?

What are the parameters that define "true"?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Habitat said:

I am in a unique position here. I would not be here if I did not know what I know. I care not how anyone takes that, but if they take it any other way than " I don't know if this bloke is talking the truth or not ", then they are well off the straight and narrow.

so are you saying everyone should believe you then?

1 minute ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

I blame my Irish heritage and my red hair.

I've been told I have a temper... :devil:

You are hysterically funny, I am still laughing. 

I am a fan. :wub:

I could see in stand up.

• The topic was locked