Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If Jesus was a god his death wasn't a sacrifi

darkmoonlady

2 minutes ago, danydandan said:

What's your motivation for shiitposting and trolling?

You seem to have answered within your question, so I'll leave you with that prejudice.

58 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You seem to have answered within your question, so I'll leave you with that prejudice.

Don't be shy. You keep accusing others of not knowing their own motivations.

Don't tell us you don't know your own!

Or is being hypocritical is just default position for you?

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Habitat said:

It is a mutual support group, with an affliction in common. The commonly-held lunatic idea among them, that discrediting some old books, somehow impacts on the ultimate reality, a reckoning that would have us believe that the discovery that Phantom comics are fictional, rules out anyone being inspired by high ideals, and acting against injustice.

Do you feel threatened by this?  I mean you've wandered into a thread about these "old books".

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, danydandan said:

Don't be shy. You keep accusing others of not knowing their own motivations.

Don't tell us you don't know your own!

Or bring hypocritical is just default position for you?

Again, you prejudge, you'll get the answer you deserve, None !

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

Do you feel threatened by this?  I mean you've wandered into a thread about these "old books".

You are the one that dissects every detail of those old books, not me. The "devil" might be in those details, but the truth is, they are like many such tomes, dual texts. Only a fool takes it literally.

Just now, Habitat said:

You are the one that dissects every detail of those old books, not me. The "devil" might be in those details, but the truth is, they are like many such tomes, dual texts. Only a fool takes it literally.

Yet you're the one complaining about it. 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Again, you prejudge, you'll get the answer you deserve, None !

So still can't answer?

Typical of what of what your fellow posters expect. I'd go so far to say, you can't answer because you obviously have no answer.

Never seen anyone try make a strawman of themselves so much. Are you incapable of actually discussing the topic at hand or does revert to team building and name calling just your way of doing things?

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, danydandan said:

So still can't answer?

Typical of what of what your fellow posters expect. I'd go so far to say, you can't answer because you obviously have no answer.

Never seen anyone try make a strawman of themselves so much. Are you incapable of actually discussing the topic at hand or does revert to team building and name calling just your way of doing things?

You are not shaping any better than the rest of the team, I'm afraid. 

20 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Yet you're the one complaining about it. 

No sir, you are the one that makes a hobby of reading the OT, I wouldn't waste my time.

The great irony is that the "team" imagine themselves above what they see as the credulity of the "believer", when in reality that argue vehemently for what is all too obviously, a non-existence that cannot even be demonstrated in principle. So they resort to the lame tactic of "shooting down" the OT, an old clunker that crashed and burned a century or more ago, as some kind of proof that there can't be a God. Move on to greener pastures !

16 minutes ago, Habitat said:

No sir, you are the one that makes a hobby of reading the OT, I wouldn't waste my time.

confused.gif

There is something seriously wrong with you. You are bordering on the brink of paranoia with this team crap.

You seem to expect everyone to adopt this, "I don't know." mantra. 

You claim that God is unknowable using rational means. How do you know that?

Is your position, "I don't know if god exists."?

Concerning this thread : 

If Jesus was god, then no, his death was not a sacrifice. You can't sacrifice yourself to yourself in order to help clean up a mess you created in the first place.

The biblical Jesus is a fairy tale. 

Just like his sky daddy.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Habitat said:

You are not shaping any better than the rest of the team, I'm afraid. 

Does it make you feel better, grouping people you assume think differently than you into a team. Do you suffer from a hero lonewolf  complex or something? Does it justify your inability to discuss topics based merit and subject, content of posts? 

So what is your motivation for discussion here?

I know mine.

You appear to have only one.

Edited by danydandan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

confused.gif

There is something seriously wrong with you. You are bordering on the brink of paranoia with this team crap.

You seem to expect everyone to adopt this, "I don't know." mantra. 

You claim that God is unknowable using rational means. How do you know that?

Is your position, "I don't know if god exists."?

Concerning this thread : 

If Jesus was god, then no, his death was not a sacrifice. You can't sacrifice yourself to yourself in order to help clean up a mess you created in the first place.

The biblical Jesus is a fairy tale. 

Just like his sky daddy.

That rant proved one thing, you are on the "team" ! But that was already obvious Mr Guesser ! Incidentally, I would never argue that sacrifice tale, it is simply an overlay for dramatic effect, like I say, one must read between the lines, the NT is really just a text that encourages people to find God through mysticism.

Edited by Habitat

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

That rant proved one thing, you are on the "team" ! But that was already obvious Mr Guesser !

Why do you consistently act like a petulant child?

As others have pointed out, it seems impossible for you to answer a simple question.

Rant? Now I know you're a troll.

Adios.

image.jpg?w=451&c=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Why do you consistently act like a petulant child?

As others have pointed out, it seems impossible for you to answer a simple question.

Rant? Now I know you're a troll.

Adios.

image.jpg?w=451&c=1

He is literally a trollytrollytrolltroll.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

Just like his sky daddy.

The typical "team" guess, that proves what I always say, the truth runs a bad second to cherished prejudices.

43 minutes ago, Habitat said:

No what?  You're here right now complaining about people discrediting the "old books".

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

No what?  You're here right now complaining about people discrediting the "old books".

I am complaining about people pretending it (the OT) to be some kind of lynch-pin that holds up the edifice of Christianity, or religious belief generally. It is no such thing.

2 minutes ago, Habitat said:

I am complaining about people pretending it (the OT) to be some kind of lynch-pin that holds up the edifice of Christianity, or religious belief generally. It is no such thing.

You could not be more wrong.

It's the foundation,. Fundamentalist Christian and Jewish folk would likely disagree with you there. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Habitat said:

Christian dogma depends on the OT.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, danydandan said:

You could not be more wrong.

It's the foundation,. Fundamentalist Christian and Jewish folk would likely disagree with you there. 

Fundamentalist anyone would disagree with me, and I am more than comfortable with that. Christianity is founded around Christ, the OT is not essential to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Christian dogma depends on the OT.

You mean your anti-religious bent depends in it.

You mean your anti-religious bent depends in it.

No, Christian dogma depends on the OT.

• Like 3

Fundamentalist anyone would disagree with me, and I am more than comfortable with that. Christianity is founded around Christ, the OT is not essential to it.

Who is justified by the OT, no OT no Christ. Thats just Christianity.

The Jewish Faith is heavily influenced by the Torah, Navai'im and Kethuvim.....which is what the Tanakh. Or what some call the Jewish Bible. So your statement indicating that the OT is not a lynch-pin to Christianity or religious beliefs in general is incorrect.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

No, Christian dogma depends on the OT.

I don't defend Christian dogma, and I doubt God does ! 

• The topic was locked