Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Circus tigers maul trainer to death

Unusual Tournament

Circus tigers maul trainer to death in southern Italy

Four tigers have mauled their trainer to death during a rehearsal at a circus in southern Italy.

One tiger set upon Ettore Weber, 61, on Thursday evening in Triggiano, near Bari, before the other three joined in.

They then played with his body in their cage until paramedics and circus staff intervened, local media report. He later died from his injuries.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-48886443

• Haha 3
  • Sad 3

Good! They shouldn't be "entertainment". :yes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Piney said:

Good! They shouldn't be "entertainment". :yes:

i agree with you but they are amazing animals and their presence is fearsome. Ive seen them up close and some of them are just massive. Especially the Siberian ones. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

i agree with you but they are amazing animals and their presence is fearsome. Ive seen them up close and some of them are just massive. Especially the Siberian ones. 

The Siberian ones are awesome! :yes:

• Like 2

As good as we treat the animals at my work, the tigers are ones I genuinely feel sorry for. All he does is pace back and forth and even throws tantrums if he's feeling agitated. Most of our animals honestly seem happy and content, except the tiger. The lions are perfectly satisfied lazing around, playing and waiting to be fed. Not the tiger. The tiger doesn't want to be fed. He wants to hunt. He wants to tiger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

As good as we treat the animals at my work, the tigers are ones I genuinely feel sorry for. All he does is pace back and forth and even throws tantrums if he's feeling agitated. Most of our animals honestly seem happy and content, except the tiger. The lions are perfectly satisfied lazing around, playing and waiting to be fed. Not the tiger. The tiger doesn't want to be fed. He wants to hunt. He wants to tiger. 

And as a zoo, your protecting them. Not making them do stupid tricks. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A solid reminder that Tiger is a verb, not a noun.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Four tigers have mauled their trainer to death during a rehearsal at a circus in southern Italy.

good

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

The only Tigers I like are the ones that throw a rugby ball around.

• Like 2

Just now, Black Red Devil said:

The only Tigers I like are the ones that throw a rugby ball around.

They're my second team. I follow a beast even more ferocious than a tiger, the chook. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

They're my second team. I follow a beast even more ferocious than a tiger, the chook. 

:angry: #@$#@@%^ for yesterday

• Haha 1

@Piney we're talking about Rugby League mate. You've spent time in England,i've gathered so you should be well versed in the game. 

ccc_westtigersforwebsite.jpg

And my team the Sydney Roosters.

roosters-social-image.png?preset=share

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

:angry: #@$#@@%^ for yesterday

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

For some miraculous reason the video stops at the 7 minute mark and I can't see the rest. :P

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

For some miraculous reason the video stops at the 7 minute mark and I can't see the rest. :P

Didn't see the whole game but i did catch the shorts. When Benji turns it on the dude can really swing games. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

@Piney we're talking about Rugby League mate. You've spent time in England,i've gathered so you should be well versed in the game. 

I know all about it mate! But my poison is the Japanese National pastime.

American Baseball! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Piney said:

Okay. Love the atmosphere of a base ball game. The nearest equivalent we have is cricket. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Didn't see the whole game but i did catch the shorts. When Benji turns it on the dude can really swing games. 

Yeah too bad age catches up with everyone but he still has his sparky moments, specially when he puts up 'bombs'.  They become uncatchable for fullbacks.  If Latrell fires up the Roosters are favorite again this years IMO.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Okay. Love the atmosphere of a base ball game. The nearest equivalent we have is cricket. 

In all honesty mate, after watching a 61/2 foot 250lb American Marine speed carve a bear in 15 minutes with a 50cc chainsaw in each hand swinging them like one handed swords singing Klingon Opera louder than their engines......

All else pales......:yes:

8 minutes ago, Piney said:

Loved the movie 'The Babe' with John Goodman.  What a character he was (Babe Ruth).

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

ccc_westtigersforwebsite.jpg

And my team the Sydney Roosters.

roosters-social-image.png?preset=share

For those aren't:

• Hit it up for three [tackles];
  • Spread it wide for two; then,
  • Kick.

The defence retreats 10 metres after every tackle.

• Like 1

Are we making meatloaf then? 

~

• Like 1

*Getting back on topic*

Italy’s parliament is discussing a new bill to ban wild animals from circuses, after a failed attempt in 2017.

The government has promised to act swiftly if the bill is passed,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jul/06/tigers-kill-italian-tamer-as-parliament-mulls-ban-on-circus-animals

Better late than never I suppose, but the tigers shouldn't have been made to perform in the first place. As much as I dislike performing animals in circuses a person has died here and I don't feel that's anything to 'celebrate'.

Animals performing in circuses should be banned everywhere! It's cruel and outdated and it needs to stop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think people like the outcome as its a natural one and feels right,not some fanciful ending where a little Italian guy tames four,five hundred pound carnivorous killing machines.A perfect example and reason to stop circuses using wild animals.Unlike employing some domestic animals such as dogs that enjoy showing off to people.

• Like 1