Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jeffrey Epstein arrested and accused of sex

ExpandMyMind

15 hours ago, joc said:

How on God's Grey Earth do you know anything hush, hush, about elite circles?  That's absurd.  Stop being absurd.

I dont know about you, but if I'd frequent thesame (decadent elite) parties for ~15 years with someone who Id consider my friend.. I'd either be a complete fool or the 'friend' a brilliant deceiver for me to not know he's dealing something. And as long as Jeffrey wasnt on his merry little private island, Id suspect he wasnt erm.. wearing a 'get your underaged poontang here' T shirt. So yeah; probably in a hush hush capacity, not unlike the classmate back in the day dealing dope at the local parties.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

I dont know about you, but if I'd frequent thesame (decadent elite) parties for ~15 years with someone who Id consider my friend.. I'd either be a complete fool or the 'friend' a brilliant deceiver for me to not know he's dealing something. And as long as Jeffrey wasnt on his merry little private island, Id suspect he wasnt erm.. wearing a 'get your underaged poontang here' T shirt. So yeah; probably in a hush hush capacity, not unlike the classmate back in the day dealing dope at the local parties.

So you say, but I've been surprised on several occasions by people I really thought I knew after finding out what went on behind closed doors. I think pedophilia would be hidden quite a bit more than someone selling a little pot. You're talking about a behaviour that carries a huge penalty not just legally but socially. This guy relied on the good wishes of his clients whom could easily pull their funds if they were horrified by his actions. I doubt there were more than a few who knew for sure what was really going on. I'd look for names that appear again and again on his manifest lists.

Edited by skliss
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, skliss said:

So you say, but I've been surprised on several occasions by people I really thought I knew after finding out what went on behind closed doors. I think pedophilia would be hidden quite a bit more than someone selling a little pot. You're talking about a behaviour that carries a huge penalty not just legally but socially. This guy relied on the good wishes of his clients whom could easily pull their funds if they were horrified by his actions. I doubt there were more than a few who knew for sure what was really going on. I'd look for names that appear again and again on his manifest lists.

do you think they are dumb enough to use real names if they knew and participated in it on regular basis?  more than likely they used fake names a unique one every time. 

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

do you think they are dumb enough to use real names if they knew and participated in it on regular basis?  more than likely they used fake names a unique one every time. 

Quite possible.  I think the list that was posted had some real names on it. They have ways of figuring out the fake names too. I have to think they will also charge his employees and some will be willing to make a deal with the information they know.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 1:18 PM, susieice said:

Epstein was barred from Mar-a-logo years ago for an alleged assault on a minor. Why is this not all over the media?

Doesn't fit the narrative that the left leaning media wants to put out.

When entire "news" organizations are pointed at damaging Trump, no positive stories can be printed. And guess what? All still fact-checked as 100% true. 

In modern internet media, omission is not lying. And that's been fact checked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, pixiii said:

Evidently, not all people are against pedophiles.

We think it is a problem in the Middle East, Asia, or some third world country, but it happens here too.

Child marriage in the United States refers to a marriage in the United States where at least one party is under the age of 18.[1]

Between 2000 and 2015, over 200,000 minors were legally married in the United States.[2] The vast majority of child marriages were between a child and an adult.[3][2] The majority of married children were girls.[2]

In 2001 in Tennessee, three 10-year-old girls were married to men aged 24-31.[3] Meanwhile in Alabama, a 74-year-old man married a 14-year-old girl.[2] Both states have since set minimum ages, of 17[11]and 16 respectively.[12]

In the 50 states[edit]

The general age of marriage is 18 in every state, with the exception of Nebraska (19) and Mississippi (21).

However, every state except Delaware and New Jersey allows exceptions to their general age of marriage in one or more of the following cases:

• Consent of a court clerk or judge (sometimes the consent of a superior court judge, rather than a local judge, is required)
  • Consent of the parents or legal guardians of the minor
  • If one of the parties is pregnant
  • If the minor has given birth to a child
  • If the minor is emancipated

So, given one or more of these exceptions, as of May 2019:

• 17 states have no minimum age of marriage in some cases.
  • 2 states have a minimum age of 14.
  • 4 states have a minimum age of 15.
  • 20 states have a minimum age of 16.
  • 8 states have a minimum age of 17.

Maybe we need to be a little more protective of young people in our society.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Doesn't fit the narrative that the left leaning media wants to put out.

When entire "news" organizations are pointed at damaging Trump, no positive stories can be printed. And guess what? All still fact-checked as 100% true. 

In modern internet media, omission is not lying. And that's been fact checked.

Nah, there is stuff out there.

Stuff like this: One woman, Virginia Giuffre, sued Epstein’s longtime friend Ghislaine Maxwell, who she said recruited her in 1999 from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club to be Epstein’s “sex slave,” starting with “massages” and moving to sex acts. Giuffre had worked at the club as a 15-year-old locker room towel girl. She settled with Maxwell last year.

I do wonder why it ended with a "banning" and not a report to the police and criminal investigation, as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

We think it is a problem in the Middle East, Asia, or some third world country, but it happens here too.

Child marriage in the United States refers to a marriage in the United States where at least one party is under the age of 18.[1]

Between 2000 and 2015, over 200,000 minors were legally married in the United States.[2] The vast majority of child marriages were between a child and an adult.[3][2] The majority of married children were girls.[2]

In 2001 in Tennessee, three 10-year-old girls were married to men aged 24-31.[3] Meanwhile in Alabama, a 74-year-old man married a 14-year-old girl.[2] Both states have since set minimum ages, of 17[11]and 16 respectively.[12]

In the 50 states[edit]

The general age of marriage is 18 in every state, with the exception of Nebraska (19) and Mississippi (21).

However, every state except Delaware and New Jersey allows exceptions to their general age of marriage in one or more of the following cases:

• Consent of a court clerk or judge (sometimes the consent of a superior court judge, rather than a local judge, is required)

It's not any better in Europe, I believe. Age of Consent is still 14 in some nations.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

In the 50 states[edit]

The age of the adult is also considered. In Florida the age of consent is 16 if the partner is no older than 23. (which Epstein certainly is) Most states have laws written like that. It's not unusual for 16-17 yr old girls to date boys who are 18-20. 

Florida Age of Consent Laws 2019
Florida statutory rape law is violated when a person has consensual sexual intercourse with an individual under Age18. Close in age exemptions exist, allowing minors aged 16 or 17 to engage in sexual intercourse with a partner no older than age 23. Florida has a close-in-age exemption.
Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

I dont know about you, but if I'd frequent the same (decadent elite) parties for ~15 years with someone who Id consider my friend.. I'd either be a complete fool or the 'friend' a brilliant deceiver for me to not know he's dealing something.

If you did know about me, you would know that I don't assume things about people I don't even know.  Where is your documentation that Trump frequented the same parties for 15 years that Epstein did?  You don't even know what you are talking about.  You just repeat the same mindless gibberish as the talking heads on the TV you watch every single day of your life.  So, yeah...stop assuming...it's absurd.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, joc said:

If you did know about me, you would know that I don't assume things about people I don't even know.  Where is your documentation that Trump frequented the same parties for 15 years that Epstein did?  You don't even know what you are talking about.  You just repeat the same mindless gibberish as the talking heads on the TV you watch every single day of your life.  So, yeah...stop assuming...it's absurd.

They're only talking about one and it's not flying past most people. I haven't seen where Trump and Epstein were all that buddy buddy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, susieice said:

They're only talking about one and it's not flying past most people. I haven't seen where Trump and Epstein were all that buddy buddy. 

Trump also said this today in a news conference:  

“I knew him like everybody in Palm Beach knew him,” Trump said, adding Epstein was a “fixture in Palm Beach.”

“I had a falling out with him a long time ago,” Trump continued. “I don’t think I’ve spoken to him for 15 years. I wasn’t a fan.”

LINK

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Trump also said this today in a news conference:  

“I knew him like everybody in Palm Beach knew him,” Trump said, adding Epstein was a “fixture in Palm Beach.”

“I had a falling out with him a long time ago,” Trump continued. “I don’t think I’ve spoken to him for 15 years. I wasn’t a fan.”

LINK

Yes. He banned Epstein from Mar-a-logo a long time ago. Epstein pleaded not guilty today in court but I don't think he's going to walk this time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

It's not any better in Europe, I believe. Age of Consent is still 14 in some nations.

Yes, I don't mean we are the villains in this but Western Culture still  has some laws and attitudes about women as property and breeding stock.  We may be ahead of the rest of the world, but we are still making progress.

• Like 3

I came across this weird video yesterday regarding Epstein's connections from back in the 70's onwards.  At first I thought oh here we go, we've got another conspiracy theorist, but, she did have a multitude of articles to back up the "history" of Epstein and the people he's connected to.  Of course, I'm not an expert, therefore, I'm not sure how reputable the article sources were.   I've read a lot on Epstein over the past few years and already knew most of the information that was supplied, however it was helpful to see everything put together to create a big picture.  It quite the history lesson on this monster.

From what we know now and looking back on who he interacted with, it just makes one think that this type of behaviour wouldn't have happened overnight, it would've been happening for quite some time I'd imagine. Of course, I could be completely wrong and I don't like to assume.  But who knows.  I'll leave a link for others to see this somewhat, thought provoking video.  I just had a thought, I hope Epstein is not a fall guy for other's higher up the chain?  And what is happening with his partner in crime, Ghislaine Maxwell?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes, I don't mean we are the villains in this but Western Culture still  has some laws and attitudes about women as property and breeding stock.  We may be ahead of the rest of the world, but we are still making progress.

At least you're someone who admits this is actually going on in western culture. :) I find it rather ridiculous that there are still people out there that refuse to pull their heads out of the sand and won't even entertain the thought that something like this could be happening today.   That's what frustrates me sadly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, pixiii said:

I just had a thought, I hope Epstein is not a fall guy for other's higher up the chain?

It's looking like Epstein was running a blackmailing operation for others who may or may not be prosecuted.  Epstein was not a hedge fund manager...that was a cover.

Ann Coulter is saying she believes Epstein was sponsored by a foreign state.  Hmmm...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, hacktorp said:

It's looking like Epstein was running a blackmailing operation for others who may or may not be prosecuted.  Epstein was not a hedge fund manager...that was a cover.

Ann Coulter is saying she believes Epstein was sponsored by a foreign state.  Hmmm...

It's rather suspicious isn't it?   I've often thought he was some sort of enabler (for want of a better term?) for other people who may have been into some perverted illegal activity of all types.... Epstein then filmed, videoed whatever and kept that as insurance for blackmailing them, hence lots of incoming money to him.  He struck me as someone who was rather comfortable with improper behaviour from the get-go.  Hence, he didn't mind a bit of illegal activity.  Who knows how friendly he was with that fellow's daughter at the Dalton School in the 70's... You'd wonder if the father knew.  Sad really.

Edit: spelling error - typed Epstain instead of Epstein....quite fitting in hindsight really! :rofl:

Edited by pixiii
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, pixiii said:

It's rather suspicious isn't it?   I've often thought he was some sort of enabler (for want of a better term?) for other people who may have been into some perverted illegal activity of all types.... Epstein then filmed, videoed whatever and kept that as insurance for blackmailing them, hence lots of incoming money to him.  He struck me as someone who was rather comfortable with improper behaviour from the get-go.  Hence, he didn't mind a bit of illegal activity.  Who knows how friendly he was with that fellow's daughter at the Dalton School in the 70's... You'd wonder if the father knew.  Sad really.

Edit: spelling error - typed Epstain instead of Epstein....quite fitting in hindsight really! :rofl:

Did you really? Or are those pesky scientists firing up the collider again??

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, joc said:

Lmfao.. thats got to be a worldrecord in utterly dismantling your own sh* in a single post. 'If you did know about me, you would know that I don't assume things about people I don't even know', only to do the exact opposite a mere two sentences (!!) apart. My goodness, its almost disconcerting.. hope this is meant in jest, for your sake.

And for the record, your assumption is extremely off target. I dont listen to any 'talking head'.. not even Rush Limbaugh. In fact, I dislike those role playing TV experts with a passion.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

Lmfao.. thats got to be a worldrecord in utterly dismantling your own sh* in a single post. 'If you did know about me, you would know that I don't assume things about people I don't even know', only to do the exact opposite a mere two sentences (!!) apart. My goodness, its almost disconcerting.. hope this is meant in jest, for your sake.

And for the record, your assumption is extremely off target. I dont listen to any 'talking head'.. not even Rush Limbaugh. In fact, I dislike those role playing TV experts with a passion.

Then where does your dislike of Trump come from?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, joc said:

Then where does your dislike of Trump come from?

From observing his actions, non actions, statements.

Given past experiences let me add the following pre- emptively; I have similarly impressive levels of dislike for the Bushes, the Clintons, Obama, and all those mofo's starting from that left hand owned puppet LBJ. I am also not to be categorised as 'left', 'liberal', but I am a social justice warrior.. in the strictest sense of the word (striving for social justice). I believe Trump is playing a role just like all those fools before him, and is nothing even close to the 'anti establishment' profile he is projecting into the public eye. I believe this man to be just another puppet, and I believe the media attacks towards him are part of the script to empower that profile / narrative.

The 'changes' he is manifesting are - like all others before him - in the margin, true change was never the intention (again, like all others before him). If he was really 'anti establishment', he would confront / kill the FED, confront and end the sickening levels of corruption in your government, he would end the CFR, he wouldnt feed the MIC like no other pres before him, he would cut the ties with certain interest groups which do not serve the interests of the American citizen, and last but not least; he would leave the Middle East alone (that is to say, not be the main destabilizing factor, now targetting Iran in a long line of victim ME nations your nation has reduced to a terror breedingground hellhole by way of a sequence of wars of agression based on deceit).

Crazy sh* huh.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9-7-2019 at 10:48 PM, skliss said:

Who said I was referring to pot? Im Dutch, 'Amsterdammer'.. we buy pot in a local shop and smoke it in front of law enforcement, even way back in the day.

Edited by Phaeton80

10 hours ago, Phaeton80 said:

From observing his actions, non actions, statements.

Given past experiences let me add the following pre- emptively; I have similarly impressive levels of dislike for the Bushes, the Clintons, Obama, and all those mofo's starting from that left hand owned puppet LBJ. I am also not to be categorised as 'left', 'liberal', but I am a social justice warrior.. in the strictest sense of the word (striving for social justice). I believe Trump is playing a role just like all those fools before him, and is nothing even close to the 'anti establishment' profile he is projecting into the public eye. I believe this man to be just another puppet, and I believe the media attacks towards him are part of the script to empower that profile / narrative.

The 'changes' he is manifesting are - like all others before him - in the margin, true change was never the intention (again, like all others before him). If he was really 'anti establishment', he would confront / kill the FED, confront and end the sickening levels of corruption in your government, he would end the CFR, he wouldnt feed the MIC like no other pres before him, he would cut the ties with certain interest groups which do not serve the interests of the American citizen, and last but not least; he would leave the Middle East alone (that is to say, not be the main destabilizing factor, now targetting Iran in a long line of victim ME nations your nation has reduced to a terror breedingground hellhole by way of a sequence of wars of agression based on deceit).

Crazy sh* huh.

Well, thanks for the detailed answer.  I don't know what social justice warrior even means....except it is definitely a product of the left that you vehemently say you are not a part of.  What are your thoughts on Russia/Socialism/Communism...and ...what are your thoughts on Capitalism, if you feel like sharing?  I'll try to keep in mind you are from Holland. B)

• Thanks 1

• The topic was locked