Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Francis claims televangelist performed

GoldenWolf

6 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Took him long enough.

He has been too busy with Walker recently to advise The Pope.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, GoldenWolf said:

Don't forget advocating for the end of the world and all life on it.

As much as I don't like the Abrahamic Religions I have to correct you on that. The Catholic Church does not preach a "End Times" and teaches that Christ has returned when he comes into people's hearts. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Scudbuster said:

Hmmmm....ah, covering up sex crimes and harboring pedophiles, child abuse, fleecing people in general, etc etc. Just small stuff.....:rolleyes:

We had one headquartered in Ohio, LeRoy Jenkins who had just gotten his own national tv show, on his way to his own little "Healing Waters Cathedral" when he was arrested and found guilty of planning assault and arson on the home of a State Highway Patrolman for having the ultimate nerve of giving his daughter a ticket.  Thank God he was caught and his little plan exposed before he succeeded.  He actually served time for that and then WENT BACK ON TV !  

There comes a time when I don't even feel sorry for idiots that send them money.  

As to our (I'm Catholic) current Commie Pope, he's able to run his mouth at our President but unable to open it regarding full term abortions.  He sickens me.  

• Like 1

Oh, by the way, I'm coming back to add "the idiots" that send them money does include myself.  Every year the Bishops go to the parishes with a "Bishop's Drive" for money to be sent for their use.  Now we know what it was used for, don't we.  Needless to say, they are still waiting for my donation.  

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with the Roman Catholic Church an the process they have for people becoming saints is a terrible pompous process. That has a giant agenda to it. Take the miracle aspect out of it. The only people who ever become saints in this era now, are Roman Catholic Clergy and Religious. Now with in the catholic church that doesn't mean only they can become saints but it is the norm layity can become saints but in the end only Catholics can be saints. 

Declaring people Saints now is all because of biased agendas and looking to either honor a friend with in the ranks, or to win points with in an area that is weak with in the R.C.C .     Want to know something else,  becoming a saint is not free.  The Roman Catholic Church wastes too much money and time investigating a miracle and even if one is real, they declare it takes so many miracles in order to become a saint. As if one isn't good enough or just a fluke. So first a catholic community has to venerate a person enough to warrant attention from the vatican, then petitions have to be drawn up, an the process is endless, not to mention motives of people to want someone to become a saint. An then lastly everyone loses focus of the main importance of the Roman Catholic Faith which is Jesus.  It becomes after a while now a popularity contest.  Same with choosing a Pope, it is nothing more than a popularity contest and a choice of someone who will not rock the boat. Which joke is on them with Pope Francis because all he is doing is p***ing off catholics left and right.  This priest was popular back in the day, he was on the cutting edge of televagenlisation or how ever ya spell it, not to diminish his contribution to society at all. But had he not been in the lime light and had he not been charismatic he would of been just like any other Priest in the Church.    There are plenty of honest to goodness good televangelist people out there in the world, who are popular, and make great contributions to society and for the faithful, and motivate people to be better people, follow Jesus and do all that good stuff. Do they get any nod from the Catholic Church ? No. Do they perform miracles ? Depends on who you ask.  What if one televangelist manages to motivate one person who is contemplating suicide or whatever, and changes that persons life. To some that is a miracle. Or the same for a Catholic Priest that isn't popular because he doesn't have the backing of his bishop or the vatican to go on TV and get heard, but manages to turn someones life around. Does that guy get the same consideration for sainthood ? 

Sainthood now is just a worthless title. It had meaning and worth in the early ages of Catholicism , to some it still does today, for me as a Catholic, it means very little, I do find it interesting and take note, but in the end it doesn't help me any in my journey.     

Just like governments and politicians the Church as its own agendas for doing what it does, and it isn't all this holy punch happy donut glazed happy eyeness that it is portrayed to be, it isn't sinister either, but for me I find it more along the lines of dishonest more than anything and they do what they do to just maintain the b.s power they have given themselves that Jesus never meant for them to be so self entitled to.

Edited by GLCsector3295
  • Thanks 1

And, considering that the FIRST Commandment is: Thou shall no other gods before me...", kind of makes the RC church a prime violator of their own basic laws.

Supposedly, Jesus is the only intercessor between man and god, which ALSO violates the 1st commandment, but with the "intercession of the saints", and Mary, the RC is officially a polytheistic religion. Even if they won't admit to it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

And, considering that the FIRST Commandment is: Thou shall no other gods before me...", kind of makes the RC church a prime violator of their own basic laws.

Supposedly, Jesus is the only intercessor between man and god, which ALSO violates the 1st commandment, but with the "intercession of the saints", and Mary, the RC is officially a polytheistic religion. Even if they won't admit to it.

Slightly OT, but I have always interpreted the 1st commandment as meaning YHWH should be the primary, most important god, top of the pantheon, but you can have other, lesser, gods.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Essan said:

Slightly OT, but I have always interpreted the 1st commandment as meaning YHWH should be the primary, most important god, top of the pantheon, but you can have other, lesser, gods.   

Your interpretation is incorrect. Ask a Rabbi how many gods are in the Jewish "Pantheon". You should also remember the 2nd commandment, if you are any doubt. And what happened when Moses came down from the mountain.

1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

16 hours ago, Essan said:

Hi Essan

I have always wondered who the us is in Genesis from this passage

Then God said, "Let us make humankind in our image, according to our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the wild animals of the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps upon the earth."

but then why worry the little details when I don't accept it as a whole anyway.:D

jmccr8

• Like 3
  • Haha 2