Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How many forum members believe in Bigfoot

Grim Reaper 6

I am personally on the fence concerning the existence of Bigfoot. While there are many sightings by credible people, along with foot print evidence I still can't beleive completely. I lived for a number of years in Washington State, in that part of the country many people are true believers. Even the Native Americans beleive that Bigfoot or what they call the People of the Forest are very real, and he is part of their history going back hundreds of year. If there was a location where Bigfoot could exist the Pacific Northwest would be a great location. For me, I don't understand how no remains have been found or other biological material that would prove without any doubt that Bigfoot is real. 

I would like to get the opinions of other forum members, and any information either way that can prove or disprove the existence of Bigfoot. 

• Like 3

Bigfoot as a mundane example of extant fauna, 0.0% probability, something else, who can say.

• Like 1

when i was younger and before the net i would think bigfoot might be a real creature,

but like with many of my eccentric interest thoughts or beliefs 98% of it went into the trashcan when i started researching on the net,

so called bigfoot evidence is weak, stories just do not count, we do not have anything that can be tested in a lab, footprint casts do not prove what made ( or faked them ) we have nothing else.

so while the phenomenon of bf is real, we are here talking about it, i do not believe bigfoot, a large hair covered bi pedial hominid exists as a flesh and blood creature, i believe bf is a human construct.

i would welcome proof im wrong.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Piney said:

Only the superstitious ones. I was a avid Bigfoot hunter in my spare time. 35 years of it. I even paired up with a couple of organizations and a famous Bigfoot hunter.

Nada.....

What areas did you check out?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the13bats said:

when i was younger and before the net i would think bigfoot might be a real creature,

but like with many of my eccentric interest thoughts or beliefs 98% of it went into the trashcan when i started researching on the net,

so called bigfoot evidence is weak, stories just do not count, we do not have anything that can be tested in a lab, footprint casts do not prove what made ( or faked them ) we have nothing else.

so while the phenomenon of bf is real, we are here talking about it, i do not believe bigfoot, a large hair covered bi pedial hominid exists as a flesh and blood creature, i believe bf is a human construct.

i would welcome proof im wrong.

I agree with you, I would also welcome proof. That's why I started this thread, I am hoping some one out there may have information I have missed.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to How many forum members believe in Bigfoot
4 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree with you, I would also welcome proof. That's why I started this thread, I am hoping some one out there may have information I have missed.

:D Not going to find it here.....Other than Bigfoot being a folkloric legend there is no evidence that apes were ever in North America and to me that's the most damning piece of evidence against Bigfoot. Maybe @Carnoferox will see this thread and chime in, the dude knows his s**t when it comes to this stuff.

• Like 6

If only we had more unexplored territories on the Planet. I would believe in many things.

As for Bigfoot, i believe that possibility of it's existence can not be disproved. After all it would be more animal than human and animals do know how to say out of the way. Especially more intelligent ones.

36 minutes ago, Minimalists said:

there is no evidence that apes were ever in North America

Beauty of beliefs like these is that i can simply say ''it is 'ape like' creature, not 100% ape'' so that fact about apes in North America doesn't prove anything :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

What areas did you check out?

The whole Central and Southeast Coast, Tennessee, Ohio (Shawnee National Forest). I even went to some of my stepdad's former friends and got permission to brushbeat the Ft. Bragg Pineland Preservation Area.

I had a Pentax SF10 with all the bells and whistles. Took whole books of nature photography. Amassed photos skulls and track casts of every animal. 

No Bigfoot. 

A matter of fact I debunk 99 percent of the reports in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. Even the ones in the Jersey Devil books. :lol:

• Like 4

sadly Bigfoot isn't real, but perversely, Figboot is !

See the source image

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

your question asked about "belief" which is a vast area regardless of subject for some "belief" is good enough, not for me i wanna see it,

i cant say i wanted bf to be real i love solving a mystery i wanted a conclusion an end and i do not have one 100% cut in stone that far from jumps to bf is real, for me my 40 plus years of interest and research tells me its not real.

the subject of bf being real or not is one that the lack of proof weighs very heavy on it doesnt exist, the pointless filler true believer cliche, absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence is just smoke and mirrors Argument from ignorance, a basic side stepping to having zip, zero, zlitch.

we can argue it all day for example no apes live in north America, really? go root around south fl we do have many small groups of wild living apes/monkeys, doesnt much matter how they got there they have been been living here for decades,

that also far from proves the leap to a creature the size bf is reported to be is living out there, do you see my point? endless point counterpoint situation here, my guess your thread will morph into one camp saying sure bf is real and the other camp saying no its not.

in the end i await the proof i wont list the myriad reasons we should have if bf was real had that proof long ago, ill just sit back and wait for proof that will likely never come because like it or not the burdan always has always will be proof its real, asking it to prove its not real is a true believer cop out.

with proof its no longer just belief it becomes fact, sure, i can respect most peoples beliefs but without proof they need to respect i dont share their beliefs, .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Minimalists said:

:D Not going to find it here.....Other than Bigfoot being a folkloric legend there is no evidence that apes were ever in North America and to me that's the most damning piece of evidence against Bigfoot. Maybe @Carnoferox will see this thread and chime in, the dude knows his s**t when it comes to this stuff.

The complete lack of apes in the North American Pliocene-Pleistocene fossil record is very unexpected if Bigfoot is actually real. This is considering that fossils of all extant large mammals in North America (bison, elk, moose, bears, cougars, wolves, etc.) have been found.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

The complete lack of apes in the North American Pliocene-Pleistocene fossil record is very unexpected if Bigfoot is actually real. This is considering that fossils of all extant large mammals in North America (bison, elk, moose, bears, cougars, wolves, etc.) have been found.

one piece of the huge bf debate puzzle,

and again this goes round and round with guys like krantz, meldrum, byrne etc pointing out ape fossle records are weak and all we have is a jaw from gigantopithecus and no fossil record doesnt prove it "doesnt" exist, blah blah yada yada, 

to prove it will take a body, or major body part, and proving it doesnt exist is moot.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Some people are extremely hairy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis

I can see this as being a possible origin for the wildman/Bigfoot tales.

Reminds me of Conchita Wurst.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've got size 13 feet... Of course I believe in bigfoot!   I AM bigfoot! (at least bigfooted)

Edited by Taun
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Some people are extremely hairy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertrichosis

I can see this as being a possible origin for the wildman/Bigfoot tales.

i believe some sighting are humans, who have went off the grid, living a bit wild-ish, perhaps a bit mental, but can survive,

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sir Smoke aLot said:

Reminds me of Conchita Wurst.

wurst aka Thomas Neuwirth is just a pretty drag queen with a gimmick, not hypertrichosis that i know of, she reminds me a bit of prince.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the13bats said:

i believe some sighting are humans, who have went off the grid, living a bit wild-ish, perhaps a bit mental, but can survive,

I think the story of the wildman might have originated from a boogieman tale to scare children and teens. In order to keep them from leaving camp back in our nomadic days. The wildman might have been someone who had hypertrichnosis and was a bit crazy. Probably lychanthropy. Which is a mental illness and would also explain where the werewolf legend came from.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Probably lychanthropy. Which is a mental illness and would also explain where the werewolf legend came from.

The Proto Indo-Europeans had a "Wolf Warrior Cult" which passed to just about everyone of their descendants. The Eastern Iranians later passed it on to the Proto-Mongols and Turkic People. 

Young men chosen to become warriors were thrown from the community and had to live like "wolves". The practice was preserved with the Spartans and several Asian groups among others.

Then you had "mystics" who lived like wildmen in every culture.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Piney said:

The whole Central and Southeast Coast, Tennessee, Ohio (Shawnee National Forest). I even went to some of my stepdad's former friends and got permission to brushbeat the Ft. Bragg Pineland Preservation Area.

I had a Pentax SF10 with all the bells and whistles. Took whole books of nature photography. Amassed photos skulls and track casts of every animal. 

No Bigfoot. 

A matter of fact I debunk 99 percent of the reports in the New Jersey Pine Barrens. Even the ones in the Jersey Devil books. :lol:

I hope you're not suggesting that the Jersey Devil is also not real...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

I hope you're not suggesting that the Jersey Devil is also not real...

He started out as a parody written by Ben Franklin. The Nations first "Creepy Pasta". :lol:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Piney said:

Then you had "mystics" who lived like wildmen in every culture.

Whom were more than likely schizophrenics as it would be seen that they "communed" with spirits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1